PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams Excpected to Miss 1st two games of season.

liliverson819
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Which... means that he should be out when we head to Utah for their season opener, since they should have no williams and we will have no Melo we need to take advantage of this and pick up and early win on Utah that were gonna need in the later parts of the season.

C-Dub
10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
yay, now we just have to shut down boozer and OKUR, just like i said last time and he had like 6 3's on us, guard him good nene

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Boozer won't be as effective without Williams. Ronnie Price/Brevin Knight don't have the same chemistry with Okur as Deron did. If we can get a jump on this division early... that will be key down the stretch.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-21-2008, 11:12 PM
BOLD PREDICTION

AI goes for 50 the season opener, proving to all the stupid "experts" and "haters" that he's still an elite player in the league. At 33 years YOUNG

3RDASYSTEM
10-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah i agree wit ya, i was checkin out foxsports top 50 players and i didnt even see iverson on list, i hope i jus missed him or somethin by accident but thats really ashame & terrible basketball analysis, i feel hes still top 10 pretty easy, especially if ya throw in body of work combined with still playin at all nba/star level

DenButsu
10-23-2008, 04:14 AM
I don't know, man. I don't think AI's gonna be playing at 100%. Seems like that injury has been bothering him pretty bad.

C-Dub
10-23-2008, 04:36 PM
in that case hell only get 45 haha, and ya, i believe top 10 also

Tisoykeis
10-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah i agree wit ya, i was checkin out foxsports top 50 players and i didnt even see iverson on list, i hope i jus missed him or somethin by accident but thats really ashame & terrible basketball analysis, i feel hes still top 10 pretty easy, especially if ya throw in body of work combined with still playin at all nba/star level

There is no question that Iverson is still a good player, but I don't think you will find many people outside of Denver that feel he is top 10 in the league. Here is a short list of players I believe are ranked higher than AI in no particuliar order:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Tim Duncan
5. Dwight Howard
6. Chris Paul
7. Deron Williams
8. Carmelo Anthony
9. Dwayne Wade
10. Carlos Boozer
11. Amare Stoudemire
12. Dirk Nowitski
13. Elton Brand
14. Chris Bosh
15. Yao Ming
16. Manu Ginobili

Nothing against AI, but at 33 years old, I would rather have any of the above players. There is no question he can still play, but the reasons I would rank him below the above is that he shoots the ball 19 times a game to score 25 points, shoots under 80% from the foul line (just average), high average Turnovers for a SG, not a good FG %, not a good 3 point %, and attitude....not much of a leader in my book. They should have won more games and went farther in the playoffs with AI, Melo, Kmart, and Camby in their starting lineup.

But these are just my thoughts.

C-Dub
10-28-2008, 03:54 PM
i cant believe you put ginobli in front of AI, and i think you spelled kobe wrong, lol

the others i can say are better all around players, although AI did have a pretty good season last year

DJiC
10-28-2008, 05:30 PM
ya i think ginobli can go eat crap with his broken ankle i hope he hurts his other ankle...you spelled nowitzki wrong too and if were comparing ai in his prime he's easily better than williams/bosh/brand/boozer but if were talking now i still dont think boozer is that much better than him maybe slightly

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Uh, wishing injury on other teams' players... not nice. Bad karma, bad mojo, risks angering the basketball gods...

Tisoykeis
10-28-2008, 07:11 PM
ya i think ginobli can go eat crap with his broken ankle i hope he hurts his other ankle...you spelled nowitzki wrong too and if were comparing ai in his prime he's easily better than williams/bosh/brand/boozer but if were talking now i still dont think boozer is that much better than him maybe slightly

Yea, well thankfully this isn't a spelling bee....btw, you spelled Ginobili wrong. :D

C-Dub
10-28-2008, 07:57 PM
lol, i did too, yes, even though we might wish that, ur not supposed to say that stuff outloud DJiC! although, i agree with you completely

DJiC
10-28-2008, 11:06 PM
honostly i think were still going to have a tough time with the jazz with or w/o deron.....watch out for andrei he might start the season off on a good foot