PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats are the most screwed up team in the NBA

oldenpolynice
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
The title used to belong to the Knicks. But now Isiah has left and Charlotte's front office looks like a war zone. Nobody cares and nobody holds the owner or the GM responsible for anything.

Owner Bob Johnson wants out, but he canít sell the team given the weak market. Michael Jordan ó as head exec of basketball operations ó is [allegedly] more concerned about periphery matters (like the Super Bowl) than he is about the state of his team. And head coach Larry Brown [allegedly] hi-jacked the 9th pick in the draft to take diminuitive point guard D.J. Augustin.

In other words, Charlotte is once again a disaster area. Only this time there happens to be a better coach involved.

Which begs the question, has Charlotte replaced New York as the most dysfunctional NBA franchise?

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2008/10/21/disaster-looming-in-charlotte/

kswissdaf
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
new york knicks

masalex1205
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Ha yeah right, its still def. the knicks just look at the roster.

The Bobcats are a big man away from being very competitive in the East.

SensandRaps
10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Ha yeah right, its still def. the knicks just look at the roster.

The Bobcats are a big man away from being very competitive in the East.

agreed the bobcats are a big man away from being competitive i think that this thread was probably created by a knicks fan looking for positive vibe:p

Rome
10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Not even close. Bobcats arent great but cmon.

IndyRealist
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
The Bobcats have only been around for four years. The Knicks have been bad for twice that long, since Ewing retired.

DerekRE_3
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
agreed the bobcats are a big man away from being competitive i think that this thread was probably created by a knicks fan looking for positive vibe:p

It was actually created by a Kings fan...

QUICKTRADE
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Seattle is an excellent place to buy that team but we dont want Jordan to be a part of our team.

IversonIsKrazy
10-21-2008, 06:37 PM
bobcats:
PG: DJ Augustina/Raymond Felton
SG: Jason RIchardson/?
SF: Gerald Wallace/Adam Morrison
PF: Emeka Okafor/?
C: Nazr Mahommed/?<--- weakest part. if they can get a good young PF or C in the next year draft, they can b a very good team.

Knicks
PG: Starbury/Duhon<-- starbury $21m Duhon isnt good enough to start. need help!
SG: Crawford/Nate<-- only good position.
SF: Q-Rich/? <-- gotta get better
PF: Zach Randoplh/?<-- z-bo's contract is worth $13m, plus causes way to much chemistry kill.
C: Eddie Curry/?<-- need to change

Overall knicks still stay as the most disfunctional team.

Who's the most disfunctional in the west?
Grizzlies - Great core of young guys. conley/oj/gay/gasol.
T'Wolves - Al jefferson & k-love in the post, w/ randye foye running the point. great young talent.
OKC: Durrant is going to be the next big thing!
Kings: Maybe so, but they gotta pretty good back-court. beno, k9 ans salmons. but brad + mikki is a horrible post-presence.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
^ hasn't watched Mike Dantoni's Knicks ^

oldenpolynice
10-21-2008, 06:44 PM
^ hasn't watched Mike Dantoni's Knicks ^

Exactly. The Knicks are looking better.

The Bobcats, on the other hand, have three good player (Wallace, Richardson and Okafor). One good player who shows up only half the time (Felton). And then a bunch of random parts.

They're 0-6 in the preseason! That's horrible.

SensandRaps
10-21-2008, 06:47 PM

but its preseason most teams try out their younger players or try to run different plays to use in the season or use preseason as a tryout purpose

Hawkeye15
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
right now, OKC, Memphis and Sacramento are so far away from being good, it is tough. But I think all three have decent plans, and will get a lot better. Charlotte is going nowhere. But they are also fixable, because they have a few good players as well.

lakers4sho
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM

The Bobcats, on the other hand, have three good player (Wallace, Richardson and Okafor). One good player who shows up only half the time (Felton). And then a bunch of random parts.

about to be 0-7 tonight against the Lakers.

blazerman
10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
I just saw the Bobcats play against Phoenix last night and they trailed all of the first half. They put in Augustine for most of the second half and came back and took the game into double OT and almost won.

They looked better than I expected

Giaps
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
So annoying that people still think this year's Knicks are Isiah's Knicks.

acohn1230
10-21-2008, 07:16 PM

so annoying to hear NY fans overhype another one of their teams..

IndyRealist
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Besides Galinari and Duhon, they -are- Isiah's Knicks.

Beno7500
10-21-2008, 07:43 PM
It was actually created by a Kings fan...

He is a Warriors fan

oldenpolynice
10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
He is a Warriors fan

Funny to hear speculations about what fan I am. Let me set the record straight. I'm a Kings fan. For life.

Big Quett
10-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Yeah and how many do the Knicks have?
Each one of those players would start over anyone on the knicks. Felton , Wallace, J Rich, and Okafor are all better than Duhon , Crawford, Q Rich, and Curry. And when it comes down to it the Bobcats will win more games than the Knicks

And this is preseason it doesnt count for anything. When the Pistons won there title they were 3-5 in the preseason.
last year the lakers were 3-6 and when the heat won there title they were 3-5 and the year the Cavs went to the finals they were 1-6

Preseason means nothing. It is nothing more than an audition for playing time among borderline roster players and young players. So to look more into one way or anther in just being naive.

oldenpolynice
10-21-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeah and how many do the Knicks have?
Each one of those players would start over anyone on the knicks. Felton , Wallace, J Rich, and Okafor are all better than Duhon , Crawford, Q Rich, and Curry. And when it comes down to it the Bobcats will win more games than the Knicks

And this is preseason it doesnt count for anything. When the Pistons won there title they were 3-5 in the preseason.
last year the lakers were 3-6 and when the heat won there title they were 3-5 and the year the Cavs went to the finals they were 1-6

Preseason means nothing. It is nothing more than an audition for playing time among borderline roster players and young players. So to look more into one way or anther in just being naive.

Talent-wise the teams are a toss-up. Though I do like David Lee way more than I like anybody on the Bobcats' bench. Front office-wise the Knicks are better off right now. As a GM, Donnie Walsh has proved to be more reliable than MJ.

Plus you don't see James Dolan trying to sell the team, do you?

Bobcats are more dysfunctional.

Giaps
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
so annoying to hear NY fans overhype another one of their teams..
Overhype? Just because we're excited about some positive change and people who haven't watched a minute of them play rip them apart, we have to come in here and defend our team. I'd rather Knicks fans didn't come in to the NBA forum to make threads on us, because it's usually the same negative response. Relax...

Besides Galinari and Duhon, they -are- Isiah's Knicks.
It's not the players, which is my point. It's the culture/mentality/atmosphere. The front office has been overhauled completely and so has the coaching staff. We're not talking champions here, but they're not a joke anymore.

BkOriginalOne
10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Bobcats are a team for the future. They've got their coach and Larry and MJ will be building the team for the next few years, they just need some good drafts and signings.
Watch them try to find a way to get Tyler Hansbrough!

Pnoyballer88
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
It's not the players, which is my point. It's the culture/mentality/atmosphere. The front office has been overhauled completely and so has the coaching staff. We're not talking champions here, but they're not a joke anymore.

Sorry but your Knicks are still a joke. A few preseason games and coach that had a two time MVP on his last team ain't gonna change that at the moment. Hey if maybe you guys ditch Marbury and draft Ricky Rubio it will change. But until that happens nothing has changed.

GiantYankKnicks
10-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Sorry but your Knicks are still a joke. A few preseason games and coach that had a two time MVP on his last team ain't gonna change that at the moment. Hey if maybe you guys ditch Marbury and draft Ricky Rubio it will change. But until that happens nothing has changed.

:rolleyes:

op12
10-21-2008, 10:51 PM
as everyone else said the cats need another big to go with okafor. they should have drafted b. lopez instead of dj. i went to the preseason game with the hawks and felton looked much better than dj. i dont mind having dj when felton struggles but not when a solid big is there at #9 and you have a solid pg. i think they are planning on starting may at pf, so i hope he gets in shape and plays to his ability. also morrison will be back and a strong contributer, at least as potential trade bait. they will be competing soon unlike ny.

29$JerZ
10-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I expect Felton to be traded for a Center.

pauljames
10-21-2008, 11:39 PM

Buddy, you are a joke.
Go Knicks.

JayW_1023
10-22-2008, 06:47 AM
I always think Larry Brown has been hilarious, so it'll be fun to watch how he'll deal with Raymond Feltons quick trigger game and A'am Morrisons none existent defense.

How long before his patience wears thin and asks Jordan to trade the entire team?

homestarunner93
10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
How can the Bobcats be the worst off? No ridiculous contracts, no stupid coach, and a team that could actually make the playoffs next year.

UofA
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
No, the Bobcats are not as bad as the Knicks, I would say that the Kings Knicks and Thunder are all worse than the Bobcats

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Knicks until proven otherwise.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-22-2008, 05:54 PM
their key players have suffered from injury