PDA

View Full Version : what if yao goes down?

TMAC94
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
if yao goes down will it all fall down on tmac? if yao hadnt have gone down last season, i think tmac would have gone pasted the first round, tmac plays his heart out in the playoffs but he didnt have a supporting cast. what happnds if tmac goes all out but his supporting cast doesnt show up to play.

Rome
10-21-2008, 06:22 PM
He somehow still gets blamed for not scoring, involving his teammates enough, etc. The Media and world are pretty much set on that ****. Its sad, but i see a healthy Houston team come playoffs.

ramansingh3
10-21-2008, 06:23 PM
if, yao goes down kiss all serious contention of the west goodbye.

MiamiHeat
10-21-2008, 06:49 PM
if yao goes down?
Rockets fans hope goes down.

but they still have Artest not sure what that would do...

IndyRealist
10-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I really hope they pull a page from San Antonio's book and start resting him sometime after the all-star break. Have him only play a half against mediocre teams. Shut him down for 10 games. Do something to keep him healthy, he had a long summer.

Wilson
10-21-2008, 07:19 PM
if yao goes down?
Rockets fans hope goes down.

but they still have Artest not sure what that would do...

Even with Artest, they wouldn't have the inside presence to compete with the Lakers, Hornets, Spurs, Jazz or Suns in a 7 game series if they happened to be without Yao.

Rome
10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
They definately need Yao if they want to be up there in the West. If him or tmac get hit with a big injury their in trouble.

Goon.Weezy
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
if yao goes down ma fantasy teams goes down

_Supreme_
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
The Rockets are in a real precarious position with their two top players being so fragile.

I hate to say it but I don't expect them to last the season without at least one of the two getting injured for a while again.

Artest should play a major role though.

Btw I don't understand why the Rockets haven't been on the lookout for a decent backup for Yao. I know Mutombo is nice and all, but they definitely need someone better to back up Yao.

cmellofan15
10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
What if Yao flies back to China and says screw the Rockets? OR.....(a serious one)
What if you stop making threads about the Rockets? It's almost as annoying as those pointless Lakers threads.

rhino17
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I think tmac & artest with scola are capable of making it out of the first round, but not win a championship

Rome
10-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I think tmac & artest with scola are capable of making it out of the first round, but not win a championship

Thats where im around with this team. Great talent but how far do they go??? :confused:

Big Quett
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
If Yao or TMac goes down it would be just a regular season for both of them. They are just injury prone simple as that. Its not like if it happens anyone will be surprised. T Mac has already he is not healthy and will have to have surgery in the offseason. So that cant make rockets fan fell to good.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
if yao or tmac go down........will it become their last seasons in Houston?

BkOriginalOne
10-21-2008, 08:36 PM
If yao goes down then they will start, skip, tracy, artest, battier, scola. Kind of small, but not that bad IMO

rhino17
10-21-2008, 09:07 PM
If yao goes down then they will start, skip, tracy, artest, battier, scola. Kind of small, but not that bad IMO

Or they may start Landry instead of shane

SAVAGE CLAW
10-21-2008, 10:57 PM
If he goes down they would better start talking about trading him. Same goes for T-Mac.

JordansBulls
10-22-2008, 12:00 AM
If Yao gets hurt again for more than 30 games, he needs to get traded.

hdxstunts1
10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Then rockets will make it to playoffs depending on when he goes down. And they will lose first round again!

NBA-GMaster
10-22-2008, 02:33 AM
I think there line will be skip tmac ron scola dorsey bcoz we need a second unit to sub with them so battier landry would b a very much help from the bench!!

NBA-GMaster
10-22-2008, 02:35 AM
there is no EXCUSES, The rockets will pass the 1st rd of d playoff!!

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 03:05 AM
They will go and surprise everybody by beating the record of consecutive wins in nba history and then when he comes back they will fail in the first round.

Wait Deja vu?........

It should have made rockets FO think...

THey shoudl ahve sign and trade for BAron Davis this summer.

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 03:30 AM
They will go and surprise everybody by beating the record of consecutive wins in nba history and then when he comes back they will fail in the first round.

Wait Deja vu?........

:ouch:

Wilson
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM

Wait Deja vu?........

It should have made rockets FO think...

THey shoudl ahve sign and trade for BAron Davis this summer.

Baron Davis wouldn't help their injury issues at C in any way. He wouldn't work with them.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
10-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Well Rockets would be in a much better situation then usual. Any team that loses a big man though gets hurt hard. I think they would be better off this year.