PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey DT Comparison

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 05:03 PM
All these guys are threw 17 games of there rookie year and Dorsey is just threw 7 keep that in mind comparison

Albert Haynesworth---21 solo, 9 asts, 3 tackle for loss, 0 sacks, 0 ff.
Casey Hampton---9 solo, 13 asts, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss
Warren Sapp---16 solo, 10 asts, 3 sacks, 5 tackles for loss, 1 ff, 1 INT,1 TD
Kevin Williams--36 solo, 15 asts, 10.5 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 1 int
Pat Williams-11 solo, 1 ast, 3.5 sacks, 15 Tackles for loss
Tommie Harris---28 solo, 15 asts, 2 tackles for loss, 1 ff
Glenn Dorsey---13 solo, 4 asts, 1 ff
Sedrick Ellis---6 solo, 3 asts, 1 sack (Threw 4 games)

that s just a few i looked up to kinda compare, and Dorsey seems to be pretty on track with the rest of them except for Kevin Williams who just seems to be a freak of nature in his Rookie Year! But Dorsey still has 9 more games so i think he will acc be one of the top players on that list.. And also has a **** Line to help him! So looking at the comparison i have a lot more Faith we just have to get him help!!

RustShack
10-21-2008, 05:09 PM
So Dorsey is on pace to get about 29 tackles, which is the 2nd most on that list... its also more than the DT hes been compared to a lot in Warren Sapp...

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 05:58 PM
So Dorsey is on pace to get about 29 tackles, which is the 2nd most on that list... its also more than the DT hes been compared to a lot in Warren Sapp...

But Sapp also had 3 sacks a int and a touchdown and 5 tackles for loss

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I def. see no issues with Dorsey...Shitlock just likes to ***** about ****....he should ***** about how idiotic he is.

DKKC
10-21-2008, 09:04 PM
I dont think those numbers really reflect the point that was trying to be made in that article.

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Yeah....witlock said he his technique was "horrid"...whitlock dont understand **** about techinique

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 09:07 PM
whitlock knows nothing about technique, when someone says 3 point or 4 point stance, he probably thinks thats how many fingers whitlock can stick up his own ***

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if it is... look at what we have invested into our Dline and our Dline coach or DC can't do **** with it. I'm not doubting Dorsey at all, our entire staff sucks balls.

DKKC
10-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Well we have been getting blasted up the middle pretty bad.

Didnt Harris lead our team in Tackles last season and now his *** isnt even on our team? Sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole story, is all im saying.

Dorsey has started out slow and we dont have the coaches to help correct the things he hasnt done well so far

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Ive never liked Krumrie as a D-line coach, i like his energy, but he doesnt beleive in D-lineman hitting lineman low, and getting off their blocks, he likes guys to bull rush...its stupid

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Well we have been getting blasted up the middle pretty bad.

Didnt Harris lead our team in Tackles last season and now his *** isnt even on our team? Sometimes the numbers dont tell the whole story, is all im saying.

Dorsey has started out slow and we dont have the coaches to help correct the things he hasnt done well so far

Whats funny is our defense and LB position is a lot worse without Harris.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Ive never liked Krumrie as a D-line coach, i like his energy, but he doesnt beleive in D-lineman hitting lineman low, and getting off their blocks, he likes guys to bull rush...its stupid

You might want to go back and read the posts you made awhile back.

kcchiefs_82
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Dorsey has shown alot of promise. I just hope he can become a better pass rusher.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Its really hard to do it by yourself, and when your coaching staff is the biggest joke in the NFL.

Pipes
10-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Like I said Dorsey is doing fine....

Kcfanbaby212*
10-22-2008, 01:33 PM
You might want to go back and read the posts you made awhile back.

about me liking Krumrie? Only reason I like him is because he has crazy amount of energy, and he has an upbeat tempo, which is something ive always likes, teaches speed, but his technique that he teaches sucks.

RustShack
10-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Same reason you like Gunther who is a ****** DC and LB coach too?

DKKC
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Whats funny is our defense and LB position is a lot worse without Harris.

Harris isnt the only one missing, Wesley is gone along with the almost non exsistant playing from for some of older Vets...

Regardless this Defense of ours is horrid. Im all in for Rivera anyone else have any other ideas?

Kcfanbaby212*
10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Same reason you like Gunther who is a ****** DC and LB coach too?
yeah because I was under the impression he was going to make a difference, Gailey, Gun, Krum...are not NFL coaches...

RustShack
10-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Keep telling yourself Gailey is that bad.

Pipes
10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Ok...Ok... I think were getting carried away! Gun, Gaily, Krum hell even Herm our all NFL coaches... These guy's have all been successful before and I'm sure they'll be again! I'm all for Rivera but I still like Gun! I think the way the season as been going has made everyone look like ****... And it could be just be one of those situations where just a change of blood could help turn this thing around! Everyone just needs to be patient I'm sure it will all shuffel out!

Viper21
10-22-2008, 06:47 PM
yeah because I was under the impression he was going to make a difference, Gailey, Gun, Krum...are not NFL coaches...

:confused:Gailey isnt an NFL coach??

Pipes
10-22-2008, 06:54 PM
I think he was making a point or kidding... Atleast I hope he was....

Kcfanbaby212*
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
None of the coaches we have are worth a ****...its easy to be a good OC when you got good talent...its easy to be a DC when you got good talent...its easy to be a HC when your team is loaded with talent....we dont have great talent, and our coaches make them look precisely what we are...young, immature, and not ready to compete....they are what you would call....average..

Kcfanbaby212*
10-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Gailey is a coach...NFL coach? I question that. hes been more college his whole career than he has NFL...and I dont see that ever changing. Never has he ever had a great offense, and sure its been OK....but when hes taken over a good team, with a mediocre offense, they look the same, he got 3 SB rings as a D assistant and ST coach....if you ask me, the guy was clearly all hype. and you can use the lack of talent as an excuse, but hes certainly not making them look anything different. Yeah the QB situation hurts alot, and I realize that, but we can never get anything established, ever. We actually have had probably 1 good showing on this offense. Thigpen is the next Steward...

RustShack
10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Keep talking about something your clueless on.

DKKC
10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Anyone like that DE from Texas? Orakpo he could help Dorsey out a lot, or vise versa

Pipes
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Gailey is a coach...NFL coach? I question that. hes been more college his whole career than he has NFL...and I dont see that ever changing. Never has he ever had a great offense, and sure its been OK....but when hes taken over a good team, with a mediocre offense, they look the same, he got 3 SB rings as a D assistant and ST coach....if you ask me, the guy was clearly all hype. and you can use the lack of talent as an excuse, but hes certainly not making them look anything different. Yeah the QB situation hurts alot, and I realize that, but we can never get anything established, ever. We actually have had probably 1 good showing on this offense. Thigpen is the next Steward...

Buddy I usually agree with you on most things but your on your own on this one... I know Gailey offense is struggling but I don't care if you had Mike Martz, Dick Vermiel, Al Saunders or s h i t Don "AIR" Coryell you would probably get similar result... I'm not big on Gailey either but I have to take in account of the talent or lack there of... of what he has to use... Then you have to throw in the Herm factor along with it... No! I think Gailey is just a unfortunate bystander in this mess... I think your emotions are getting the best of you buddy on this one...

Pipes
10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Anyone like that DE from Texas? Orakpo he could help Dorsey out a lot, or vise versa

I think he's good and could help Dorsey... but I think there will be more pressing matters to deal with first (like QB, OL, MLB) when draft day shows up....

Kcfanbaby212*
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Buddy I usually agree with you on most things but your on your own on this one... I know Gailey offense is struggling but I don't care if you had Mike Martz, Dick Vermiel, Al Saunders or s h i t Don "AIR" Coryell you would probably get similar result... I'm not big on Gailey either but I have to take in account of the talent or lack there of... of what he has to use... Then you have to throw in the Herm factor along with it... No! I think Gailey is just a unfortunate bystander in this mess... I think your emotions are getting the best of you buddy on this one...

Well I tend to show more emotion than any of our players have shown. its pathetic

Kcfanbaby212*
10-24-2008, 07:43 PM
cant help it if your passionate about the sport you grew up loving and playing, for it to all go away because of a ****ing ACL tear...its not even the Chiefs im pissed about, its my damn career im pissed about. You always cry at your last football game in HS, its only natural, but only a few get the chance to continue, and I had that chance...and it went away in a whole 5 ****ing minutes. Its more personal than the Chiefs, and seeing how its my only connection to football that I can still watch and enjoy, Its pathetic watching this team show no emotion, its irritating as ****....but I guess **** just doesnt happen the way you want it too...Its just hard to watch the chiefs anymore, they show no emotion, and i know its a high emotion game, but I dont see it, I get more emotional than they do. Sorry guys, im venting on personal BS..but Its still hard to live with the fact that I could still be playing College ball....instead of nursing a ****ing knee...you cant even imagine the pain I felt when the DR. told me no football...their goes your ****ing scholarship.

Pipes
10-25-2008, 03:24 PM
WOW! that sucks buddy... It will get better I promise you. About 9 yrs ago I went through something simular... I was attending a J.C. in Nor Cal and was supposed to play Baseball (catcher)but I severely injuried my right knee in a stupid pick up football game that I orginally didn't want to play in... I tore my Meniscus and my PCL & MCL... The swelling didn't subside for 3 ****ing months dude... By then the season was underway and I was back home in Sac at my parents house figuring out what I wanted to do with myself... By that spring I gained like 20 to 25 lbs and was in no shape then I opted not to do surgery (big mistake which I'm still dealing with today). I regret not getting cut on and continuing my playing day's... I have a close friend who even has a worse story (which I won't go into) but what I can tell you is you'll always wonder "what if"! But I promise you it will get better! the way I chose to deal with it was coach I've coached H.S. now for 9yrs and I'm entering my 10th... It was what helped me deal with the let down... I totaly sympathize with you... Just find something you can do to get that competitive nature out (for me it's coaching) and do it.... That will help you alot....

Kcfanbaby212*
10-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Well ive decided to do coaching....thanks for the advice man

RustShack
10-25-2008, 04:32 PM
The last couple weeks I've been thinking about switching my major to coaching.. ha

Kcfanbaby212*
10-25-2008, 04:36 PM
The last couple weeks I've been thinking about switching my major to coaching.. ha

the classes are fun, lots of Kinisiology classes, like the history and stuff, you have to learn first aid and CPR, but that so far is my favorite class

touchdown bowe
10-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Im still lucky enough to be playing again..and when I look at Tom Bradys situation now..i start realizing how lucky I am to still be playing

Pipes
10-25-2008, 08:32 PM
the classes are fun, lots of Kinisiology classes, like the history and stuff, you have to learn first aid and CPR, but that so far is my favorite class

It's cool... some of the classes though are crazy boring...CPR and 1st aid are cool.... but here in Cali (i'm not sure about the rest of the country) you have reup every year and that gets old real quick... But if you go that route it's cool... and coaching will subside that itch to play a little.... Anyway's good luck FB...

Pipes
10-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Im still lucky enough to be playing again..and when I look at Tom Bradys situation now..i start realizing how lucky I am to still be playing

Consider yourself lucky/smart dude...

touchdown bowe
10-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Consider yourself lucky/smart dude...

Im not really lucky cuz i did tear my ACL & meniscus..im just grateful that im able to play again..because if i wasnt able to play again idk what i'd do with my life

Pipes
10-25-2008, 08:49 PM
You'd move on like evreyone else... Get the most out of it because when it's gone it's gone...