PDA

View Full Version : Which player faces the most pressure this season?

Zefflin
10-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Out of T-Mac, D-Wade, KB and VC who has the most pressure on them this upcoming season?

I'm sure KB will perform solid like usual and be back in the Finals, hopefully to grab his 4th ring. But if he can't do it this year all the "Can't do it without Shaq talk" will spring back up.

Tracy has A LOT to prove this next season. Finally with all the right talent surrounding him and the potential to go very far in the playoffs. Something that's been overshadowing Tmac his whole career.

Flash will be driven like no other this season. He'll be aiming for MVP...which I think will work against him considering his dangerous style of play. But if he can slow himself down and stay healthy AND get Matrix and Beasley involved they'll scrap there way to the playoffs. They need a big to do any real damage though...

And poor poor VC...half man-half amazing and always half assing his way through his career. Oh he'll put up his usual 25/5/5 but to no avail, he sure as hell won't be making the playoffs this year.

JordansBulls
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Out of T-Mac, D-Wade, KB and VC who has the most pressure on them this upcoming season?

I'm sure KB will perform solid like usual and be back in the Finals, hopefully to grab his 4th ring. But if he can't do it this year all the "Can't do it without Shaq talk" will spring back up.

I know what you mean by what people say and I believe personally that T-mac has the most pressure. He has absolutely no excuses this year. He just better hope Yao is healthy.

I disagree with the argument that Kobe has to do it by himself. People say he hasn't won without Shaq because of the fact that Shaq was the best player on those title teams. When people say that Kobe has to win without Shaq, they don't mean that literally. They just mean that Kobe has to win titles as the best player on the team and not have someone who is better than him on the team at the time he wins. And realistically that is the only way you can move up in the all time rankings especially when trying to get into the top 10 and eventually top 5.

daleja424
10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Wade has to prove he can stay healthy and win games...

Zefflin
10-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I've never anticipated the NBA season more than I do this year...I feel like a little teenager waiting for her period.

eugene
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Poor little Marbury already has the most pressure on him )))))) All those kicks in his butt, trade rumors and all other stuff... But you know... I believe hi will survive and start for the Knicks this season :) Maybe paired with Duhon playing like a SG... :)

JayW_1023
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Derrick Rose...he's counted on as the guy who brings Chicago, a team without a reliable low post scorer, back to the postseason. Unfair for a rookie point guard.

_Sn1P3r_
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM
For the Raptors, Bargs has pressure going into this season.

Zefflin
10-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Isn't it his third year?

Third year players usually have a breakout year.

Wilson
10-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I would say there's more pressure on Bynum than Kobe in LA. After last season and the off-season, he'd better be ready to play, there's just been so much hype for him. It'll intensify if he does get this $10 - $17 million extension.

Shieldsz
10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Derrick ROSE by far.

NYMetros
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd say McGrady as well. If he doesn't make it deep into the playoffs this season then people are going to start (if they haven't already) questions his play under pressure. He also needs to stay healthy for a majority of the year.

TMAC94
10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
tmac.

mrblisterdundee
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
T-Mac

Rome
10-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I've never anticipated the NBA season more than I do this year...I feel like a little teenager waiting for her period.

Well put :confused: haha

I'd Say KB just because he was so close last year and will have to get LA back to the Finals. Tmac has to go past the First round at least this year :eyebrow: Heat and Dwade will be ok, eventually. And VC, eh.

MiamiHeat
10-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Derrick Rose
T-Mac
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade (has to prove that he is back see my sig:) )

G-Funk
10-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Kobe since he wants to be considered arguably the greatest to ever play the game.

_Supreme_
10-21-2008, 08:00 PM

So that means that as soon as it arrives you won't like what it brings :D

Wilson
10-21-2008, 08:09 PM
Kobe since he wants to be considered arguably the greatest to ever play the game.

That's different though, that's more the pressure he puts on himself as opposed to the pressure from the media and fans put on guys like T-Mac.

BkOriginalOne
10-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Tmac (no longer has any excuses)
Wade (has to prove he is BACK)
Carmelo (has to defend his GM, haha)
Kobe (Expected to win it all)

goku
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
t-mac and yao they got to lead this team out the first round and stay healthy 3/4 of the season

UofA
10-21-2008, 09:06 PM
T-Mac, has the team to win it all this year, see if he can stay healthy and make it past the first round

bizketchi
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
derrick rose

he is playing for his hometown team as a rookie and everyones expecting him to be good and take the team to a new level.

RapsGuy23
10-22-2008, 01:10 PM

I sure hope your female.

All NBA players/teams feel pressure to succeed. I'm not sure how to pick one player or team.

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
theres a good chance that this could be a storming season for Wade, I hope he can stay away from injuries

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
T-Mac and the rockets

JJ81
10-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Kobe - this season could make or break his legacy.

Bynum - Lakers are relying on him to make up for defence and rebounding in the finals