PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate on tmac?

TMAC94
10-21-2008, 04:00 AM
why does everyone hate on him, call him sofft? in my opinion tmac is far from soft.

Lakersfan2483
10-21-2008, 04:31 AM
T-Mac is a very talented basketball player, he's just has to go to the next level in terms of his leadership on the court. He has to get out of the first round. I think he has superstar talent, but he will be judged on how he performs during playoff time, and so far, his resume is not good.

michaellui11
10-21-2008, 05:18 AM
good player
in my opinion he's better than kobe

stawka
10-21-2008, 05:38 AM
^... Dude, shuttup please!

Everyone hates on T-Mac because he hasn't accomplished anything where it matters most - the Playoff's. He is getting the same treatment KG received all his career when the T-Wolves couldn't do anything come playoff time. Everybody used to say "Yes he's good, but he will never be compared to Malone/Duncan/Barkley because he hasn't done anything in the Playoff's."

It's amazing how one year of a great Playoff run can change people's perspective of someone. I always thought KG was one hell of a Power Forward, and possibly the best in the game (currently), and couldn't be happier for him after this year. I'm hoping T-Mac goes deep in the Playoff's to get the monkey off his back and the haters off his nuts. Because until he goes deep in the Playoff's, he will be remembered as an under-achiever - who had all the talent in the world, but couldn't get it done where it mattered most.

Prove 'em wrong Trace.

MrPink
10-21-2008, 05:43 AM
Just look how he acted in Orlando. When the team was horrible TMac threw all his coaches under the bus he also faked injury not to play.

JayW_1023
10-21-2008, 05:47 AM
I like his game...but yes, he has to get tougher. I do think he has really improved his decisionmaking since he's been in Houston.

With the supporting cast he has now, he has no excuses left, given everybody stays healthy for one.

goku
10-21-2008, 07:06 AM
^... Dude, shuttup please!

Everyone hates on T-Mac because he hasn't accomplished anything where it matters most - the Playoff's. He is getting the same treatment KG received all his career when the T-Wolves couldn't do anything come playoff time. Everybody used to say "Yes he's good, but he will never be compared to Malone/Duncan/Barkley because he hasn't done anything in the Playoff's."

It's amazing how one year of a great Playoff run can change people's perspective of someone. I always thought KG was one hell of a Power Forward, and possibly the best in the game (currently), and couldn't be happier for him after this year. I'm hoping T-Mac goes deep in the Playoff's to get the monkey off his back and the haters off his nuts. Because until he goes deep in the Playoff's, he will be remembered as an under-achiever - who had all the talent in the world, but couldn't get it done where it mattered most.

Prove 'em wrong Trace.

i hope so to

SteveNash
10-21-2008, 07:31 AM
I used to like McGrady back in the early days playing for the Raptors and then the Orlando Magic. Then he faced my team, and being up 3-1 he decided to run his mouth about how great it was to finally get out of the first round the gets blown out 3 straight games.

Towards the end of his stay with the Magic, he forces a trade, ruins coaches careers, and fakes injury. How can someone support a player like that.

Now all he seems to due is get injured and cry when he loses in the first round again.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 09:29 AM
being a Jazz fan and watching him in the playoffs for the last two seasons he has carried your team through them. The first time even with Yao's help you could see TMac was trying his heart out to carry the team on his own..which he just couldn't do.

Last season he got more people involved, but again because of injuries had to take on most of the scoring.

he can be a heck of a player, and now he has the supporting cast its his chance to get out the first round and have a great season....if he doesn't get injured again...and again...and again

FOBolous
10-21-2008, 09:32 AM
I used to like McGrady back in the early days playing for the Raptors and then the Orlando Magic. Then he faced my team, and being up 3-1 he decided to run his mouth about how great it was to finally get out of the first round the gets blown out 3 straight games.

Towards the end of his stay with the Magic, he forces a trade, ruins coaches careers, and fakes injury. How can someone support a player like that.

Now all he seems to due is get injured and cry when he loses in the first round again.

yea...and he's little "it's on me" and than afterwards, he took his words back and made up a whole bunch of excuses.

Beno7500
10-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Because he is a proven lose and is always injured

rhino17
10-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Why does everyone say he is always injured? He has played in 65+ games in 4 of the last 5 seasons. And those of you saying he doesnt show up for the playoffs, he is one of the best playoff performers in in recent history. His averages from last season: 27 ppg, 8 rpg, 7 apg. He really cant do much more, until this year, he has never had a team that was favored to win a series

tru
10-21-2008, 12:05 PM
good player
in my opinion he's better than kobe

yea and thunder are gonna win the championship this year LOL

hyp21
10-21-2008, 12:29 PM
T-Mac isn't soft at all imo. Yao is. But not T-Mac. But he just has the unfortunate situation as being labeled as not being able to get over the hump. So he's gonna get bashed for it until he can prove otherwise. And even then he'll probably still get heat cause let's say the Rockets get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Many will say it's cause they got Artest

Ballah0liC1
10-21-2008, 02:18 PM
being a Jazz fan and watching him in the playoffs for the last two seasons he has carried your team through them. The first time even with Yao's help you could see TMac was trying his heart out to carry the team on his own..which he just couldn't do.

Last season he got more people involved, but again because of injuries had to take on most of the scoring.

he can be a heck of a player, and now he has the supporting cast its his chance to get out the first round and have a great season....if he doesn't get injured again...and again...and again

i never thought i would hear this from a jazz fan but you are 100 % right

MiamiHeat
10-21-2008, 02:38 PM
hate is a strong word

barreleffact
10-21-2008, 02:52 PM
i used to be a tmac fan. however, now-a-days i grow to dislike tmac more and more with every post thats on his nuts. yes, he could have potentially been a mega star. but he isnt. all these nut huggers are focusing on the wrong person. you act like he's ever done anything in his career. he's been bounced out of the playoffs every year in the 1st round, he makes excuses, he is shot happy with a mediocre shot, and he makes unfulfilled semi-promises(its on me!!!! great you lost). long story short he's a bum of a star. he isnt even worthy of a superstar status...allstar sure...he still has some great numbers in the playoffs and has been pretty efficient, but he just isnt the guy he could have been thanks to injury and his mentality.

Chronz
10-21-2008, 03:35 PM
^^ There was nothing wrong with his mentality, unless your talking about the the injuries that mess with his head. His being bounced out of the first round in his prime days actually increased his legacy because the scrubs he carried shouldnt have sniffed the playoffs.

At his best he was an awesome sight to behold, definitely a superstar who makes his teammates better, sadly most of that magic was spent making guys like Andrew Declerq better. Its all Hill's fault

cmellofan15
10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Maybe (just throwing this out there) b/c guys make threads called "Why does everyone hate on tmac?" Is this thread even necessary? Maybe my next thread is going to be "Why does everyone hate on Nene?"

tru
10-21-2008, 03:57 PM
^^ There was nothing wrong with his mentality, unless your talking about the the injuries that mess with his head. His being bounced out of the first round in his prime days actually increased his legacy because the scrubs he carried shouldnt have sniffed the playoffs.

At his best he was an awesome sight to behold, definitely a superstar who makes his teammates better, sadly most of that magic was spent making guys like Andrew Declerq better. Its all Hill's fault

YOA MING is a scrub???........oh my fault you must have meant TMAC is a scrub.........and honestly i dont know why i did but please dont ever use the word "scrub" again, that word is older than dvd players

cmellofan15
10-21-2008, 04:01 PM
YOA MING is a scrub???........oh my fault you must have meant TMAC is a scrub.........and honestly i dont know why i did but please dont ever use the word "scrub" again, that word is older than dvd players

I don't think he meant YOA MING or Yao ming. He was talking about the Magic team when he was the only player who did anything.

JordansBulls
10-21-2008, 04:03 PM
A thread was just done on this.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279863&highlight=t-mac