PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating Our Youth

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2008, 02:12 AM
I just read this on Rotoworld:

According to Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock, Chiefs first-round pick Glenn Dorsey has been a bust through seven weeks.
Whitlock says Dorsey's footwork is "horrid" and his first step is "slow and often misdirected." The numbers back up Whitlock's assertion. Dorsey has no sacks and KC's run defense surrenders an NFL worst 6.4 yards per carry.

I'm not saying I'm buying that Dorsey's a bust, but he hasn't exactly been a positive.

But, how do you all think our youth - more specifically our rookies - have done this year?

Of course Carr and Flowers have been fantastic, and I think they are the real deal. We could have one of the elite corner duos in the game in a few years if they keep playing like this.

Charles hasn't got to play much, but some of his runs earlier in the year were impressive.

Albert's injury was a setback, but I'd say he was doing a pretty good job for protecting the QB's blindside up until that point.

Thoughts?

RustShack
10-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Its too early to judge the rookie class.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 02:19 AM
2006:

1st - Tamba Hali – Good LE rookie year, bad last year, horrible RE
2nd - Bernard Pollard – Gets better every year, still over drafted
3rd - Brodie Croyle – Not the answer
5th - Marcus Maxey - didn't last a year
6th - Tre Stallings - off and on with team
6th - Jeff Webb – Flashes, not starter material anywhere
7th - Jarrad Page – Looked like a steal rookie year, looks like back up this year.

2007:

1st - Dwayne Bowe - No hands sophmore slump, also no QB
2nd - Turk McBride – Over drafted, not good enough to start
3rd - Tank Tyler - Flashes, so far not so good
5th - Kolby Smith – College backup, NFL backup
5th - Justin Medlock – Gave up on too soon, didn't last the year
6th - Herb Taylor – Backup
7th - Michael Allen – N0 longer with team

Pipes
10-21-2008, 08:32 AM
I never listen to Whitlock... the man is nothing but negativity... He must be loving the fact the Chiefs are completly horrible! And how in Christ name can he call a Rookie who is by far is our most talented D-Lineman and by the way gets double teamed MOST of the time a bust... Does everyone remember Albert Haynesworth record breaking rookie season or Dwight Freeney's or maybe Vince Wolfork....anyone...no because they were rookies trying to learn the game! Dorsey WILL be good! He's already our best D-Lineman I know that's not saying much but it's fact! To suggest Dorsey is a bust after 7 games is absurbed... My opinion stop listening to Whitlock... If you by into his crap by season's end you'll be rooting for Denver or Oakland... The man is a ******* nothing more and nothing less...

GameTimeChief
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
I never listen to Whitlock... The man is a ******* nothing more and nothing less...

I agree :hi5: :hi5:

Chiefsbigfan59
10-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Our rookie class I think looks really good so far. Dorsey I think will be better if we get somebody else on that line for other teams to worry about. If he wasnt good he wouldnt be getting absolutely pomeled by double teams.

DKKC
10-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Whitlock has been on the King Carl hate bus longer than any of you. The guy has an idea but I will agree he is a cry baby.

Maybe him and LJ can just hug it out and get back to doing business

Nvchiefsfan
10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
What they need to do is hire Warren Sapp to teach Dorsey how to play DT. He needs to learn some of Sapp's moves and just get stronger. He will be fine next year if he gets stronger.

ldslngr10x
10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Gotta get about 3 more studs on both sides of the ball........Then fire all the coaches who have obviously lost their command of the team! I think Albert and Dorsey are doing fine...Flowers and Carr are going to be something great in the future......You have to have the coaches to train the draft picks....we have a bunch of crap!

Doc Fluty
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I think what were missing is Ray Lewis

Not him specifically.. but his attitude... his fire. He makes people around him better...

We need a leader on D like Bruschi, b dawkins or derrick brooks

I think we need a veteran with passion!

we have a smart veteran on d with surtain n edwards.. but i dont see them lighting up the rookies when they mess up on the field.. i want to see someone over there immediately telling those kids what they did wrong and how to fix it.

I really think the reason baltimores d was soo great is people around lewis were afraid to slack off.. if they did lewis would be more in thier *** than the coaches would be

We need a leader on d.. not just great athletes.. but a competitor.. a field general

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I think we need more than just a Rey Lewis kinda guy i think we need a Joe Montana type also and a Earl Cambell and a Will Shields and a Ed Reed we need sooo many things its not even funny. Imo i have not been to impressed with Dorseys play either but that is not all his fault he has NO help on the line at all he is all by him self and im sure he gets double teamed a lot but still i see Hynesworth get triple teamed and still make sacks... i dunno though

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 04:06 PM
In all Honesty, If Dorsey Played for a diff team, any team, the lions, chargers, Denver would u consider him of not living up to the hype of being the 5th pick, and also passing up on a chance to get a extra 1st rounder from the saints! When a guy plays for ur team the fans tend to give him the beff of the dough ya know!

RustShack
10-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't judge him... hes just like most other 1st round DTs... they hardly ever do anything their rookie years.

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Tru

BigRatt
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Tank has not done much for Dorsey being Double Teamed.. I wonder if they need to make the switch back to Boone for Tank. Keep Tank in the Rotation.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
I think they have Dorsey and Tank switched around, just like they have Hali in the wrong spot...

Viper21
10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Yea..Whitlock is just as big as Dorsey..if not bigger..maybe he should squeeze his fat *** in that 72 jersey and get in there himself and stop the run

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
You would think Boone would get more reps...but he doesnt...however...Witlock is as smart as a rock...he has no logic to his arguments, and yeah maybe his starts arent flashy, but look at the lack of consistency around him....inured LBs all the time....Hali and McBride are not getting the job done, and Tank isnt doing a ton either, although he makes alot more tackles....Shitlock has no clue what hes talking about, he doesnt even know what the form should look like.

DKKC
10-21-2008, 09:55 PM
We invested a lot of money into this guy and he hasnt showed the flashes that garnished him the five spot, but he'll be fine stop complaining

Pipes
10-22-2008, 01:24 AM
We invested a lot of money into this guy and he hasnt showed the flashes that garnished him the five spot, but he'll be fine stop complaining

Why?... Dude he's a rook who is double teamed about 90% of the time! Give the kid some time and a little talent around him and I'll bet you'll be suprised...