PDA

View Full Version : Boldin Update

King Henrik
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Anquan Boldin (sinus surgery) has a chance to be medically cleared Tuesday, but revealed that his injuries after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Eric Smith in Week 4 were more serious than the Cardinals let on.

Boldin had eight plates put into his face and wires placed in his lower jaw to correct his bite, causing him to lose 10 pounds he's since regained. He was also concussed, but passed a concussion test last week. Boldin's surgeon will remove the wires on Tuesday and inform Q if he can resume practicing. If Boldin gets the green light, he should play in Week 8 at Carolina.

rotoworld

FiShbOnE~d
10-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Hope he get's to play against the Panther's

jd_azsportsfan
10-21-2008, 04:25 PM
if he dose play good luck to the panthers trying to stop Fiz, Boldin and now Breastin and if they decide to play the pass Hightower will shoot it up the middle, my call 32-17 cards win

STAT32
10-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow, this guy is a beast if he is actually going to play 4 weeks after an injury like this...

chadillachembre
10-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Q is the toughest player in the L

fbmark
10-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Very impressive... many WRs around the league would be done for the year with an injury like that.

Oaktown R8ers
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
i hope he plays
i need him for fantasy

mac scootch
10-22-2008, 02:44 PM
i hope he plays
i need him for fantasy

Word.

TheRedMarauder
10-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Anquan Boldin had the wires removed from his surgically repaired jaw on Tuesday and participated in Cardinals practice Wednesday.

Counting Monday's workout, Boldin's now taken part in consecutive practices and it appears he has been medically cleared. Still, Q is expected to be a game-day decision in Week 8 and will likely be called questionable on Friday.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
10-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Anquan Boldin (jaw, head) is expected to return to the lineup in Week 8 barring setbacks, according to NFL.com's Adam Schefter.

It's still worth tracking his practice workloads, as Arizona's beat writers don't seem sure Boldin will return and he could come down to a game-time decision. Whether Q plays a full slate of snaps Sunday is also up in the air.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
The Arizona Republic confirms that Anquan Boldin (head, jaw) has been medically cleared for contact by his surgeon.

Boldin has resumed practicing in limited fashion and all signs point to him facing the Panthers in Week 8. However, expectations should be guarded for this week. Boldin lost a good amount of weight (10-15 pounds) when his jaw was wired shut and may not be in full football-playing shape yet. Carolina's pass defense is also playing quite well, ranking second in the NFL.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Anquan Boldin (head, jaw) isn't sure he'll play in Week 8 despite being medically cleared by doctors.

"You have to listen to your body. That's the best indicator," he said. Kurt Warner said Boldin practiced Wednesday as if he "hadn't missed a beat." Coach Ken Whisenhunt added that Q "looks good. We'll see how it goes." If Boldin practices on Thursday and Friday, he'll likely be active at Carolina.

rotoworld

nashty13
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks for the updates!

kylem4711
10-24-2008, 02:03 AM
dang he is a monster.

dilemma though. do i start boldin or breastin?

TheRedMarauder
10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Anquan Boldin (face, jaw) participated in most of Cardinals practice Thursday and is considered likely to play in Week 8.

Receiving clearance Tuesday was the biggest step for Q and he hasn't had any in-week setbacks. While Boldin will likely be listed as questionable on Friday's injury report, he is expected to be in action Sunday. He's more of a WR3/flex at less than 100% in a tough matchup, but will be worth using.

rotoworld

TheRedMarauder
10-24-2008, 01:20 PM
dang he is a monster.

dilemma though. do i start boldin or breastin?

I would say that you wait until it's certain that Boldin will start. If he is, thedn you have to go with him.