PDA

View Full Version : Deron Out 2 Weeks With Ankle Sprain

JordansBulls
10-20-2008, 07:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3654442

SALT LAKE CITY -- Utah Jazz point guard Deron Williams will miss at least two weeks with a sprained left ankle.

Williams had an MRI on Monday, two days after he was injured in a preseason game at Chicago. Williams rolled his ankle when he landed on Chicago rookie Derrick Rose's foot on a 3-pointer in the first quarter and was carried off the floor.

The Jazz say the MRI results showed no damage to the bone and tendons around the ankle, but the second-degree sprain will keep him out of the lineup for a minimum of two weeks.

Dol-Fan
10-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I have D-Will, Ellis, T-Mac and Yao on my fantasy team :laugh2:

...I didn't show up for the draft, BTW. This hurts! hopefully he only misses a couple games.

RapsGuy23
10-21-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh well. As long as he's ready for the regular season

hdxstunts1
10-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I was watching the game and that looked like it hurt. You could almost feel the pain yourself. THis will be a big loss first week for Jazz but he should be fine after awhile.

I did the exact ssame thing though a year ago and had to be on crutches for two weeks. It hasnt properly healed but i still play ball at 100% so he should recover.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Not a big deal. Pity they gave up Dee anyway Could have used the chance.

AK-47
10-21-2008, 01:27 AM
I am glad the Jazz still have Brevin Knight and Ronnie Price, but Deron is the most important player to the team and he needs to recover and not rush into it.

JordansBulls
10-21-2008, 08:32 AM
It's only 2 games he will miss.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 09:24 AM
He'l miss the opening game against Denver (Brevin Knight is better than Atkins and AC anyway) so it shouldnt hurt us so much at the pg matchup...then we play the Clips twice (who dont have Baron) so again I think Knight is better than Hart so we wont miss out at the pg match up again.

I think we need him back for the Blazers game, lay down some authority and give them a good beating early.

but thank god he'l only miss a handful of games...2 of which are at home anyway and we always play with a different intensity there.

_Sn1P3r_
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
He should be ok, it's not a lot of games.

Rome
10-21-2008, 06:40 PM
I have D-Will, Ellis, T-Mac and Yao on my fantasy team :laugh2:

...I didn't show up for the draft, BTW. This hurts! hopefully he only misses a couple games.

:injury: Ouch.

Was gonna say that sucks for Utah fans and people with Dwill on their fantasy team. Nothing big though.