PDA

View Full Version : Why the KNICKS will make the playoffs this year?

Missing56&33
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
I know there are a lot of doubters out there but the knicks will be a vastly improved team this year. First we have a new coach--not just any coach a proven respectable coach that has the experience to turn a team around.

2. We will run----Our new uptempo style of play will bring out the best in the players we have

3. Teams will naturally take us lightly because we are the knicks-----good this way we prove that we are much better and catch teams off guard.

4. We have a young, exciting, energetic, young player in Wilson Chandler-------Many teams don't know about him yet but hes a combination of Andre Iguodala and Boris Diaw-----hell help us make the playoff this year.

Eastern Confrerence watch out

MiamiHeat
10-20-2008, 06:17 PM
no.

/thread

BRADfromOZ
10-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Let Missing56&33 have they're dream. Its too early in the season to truly count the Knicks out, you never know they might get lucky.

torontosports10
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I know there are a lot of doubters out there but the knicks will be a vastly improved team this year. First we have a new coach--not just any coach a proven respectable coach that has the experience to turn a team around.

He had ALOT more talent in Phx then he does in NYC...ALOT MORE

2. We will run----Our new uptempo style of play will bring out the best in the players we have

How do you know it will bring out the best? I dont see Curry, or Z-bo running much bud

3. Teams will naturally take us lightly because we are the knicks-----good this way we prove that we are much better and catch teams off guard.

You could say that for every bad team. They are professionals they take noone lightly.

4. We have a young, exciting, energetic, young player in Wilson Chandler-------Many teams don't know about him yet but hes a combination of Andre Iguodala and Boris Diaw-----hell help us make the playoff this year.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE dont ever compare Chandler to Iggy or even Diaw again.

For what another bottom place finish?

:eyebrow:

SAVAGE CLAW
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Because Santa will bring joy and happines among people of goodwill all over the universe?

Because Brazilians will recognize Maradona as the best soccer player ever?

Because Hugo Chavez will name a Conservative Neocon Board to Rule Venezuela?

Because there are Weapons of massive destruction on Irak?

Because Shaquille Oneal is not going to give ou a single Head news rant in the whole years?

Because Germany Won the WWII?

Because Frogs shave their Beards while they freeze in hell watching pigs fly by trough their windows?.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-20-2008, 09:02 PM
D'ANTONI IS OVERRATED.

He coached the nuggets before the suns, and couldn't do nothing with them....Nuggets was at their worst with D'antoni....

Only reason D'antoni did good with Phoenix is because he had great players to utilize.....D'Antoni is in the same position he was in Denver, and he will not improve like Knicks fans are hopin.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-20-2008, 09:08 PM
I see the knicks winning about 31-34 games.

ttam68
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM

I'm all for Knicks fans being excited. Your front office is built to have much more success then Isaiah did, and I think you'll have a good future with Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni.

However, your roster still sucks. You're a few years away from the playoffs, although the Knicks will improve this year.

Do not call D'Antoni respectable either. He's laughable. I think he's a great coach but I would never respect him.

IndyRealist
10-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Why the Knicks will make the playoffs:
1) Zach Randolf seems to be playing well as D'Antoni's center. He's not Amare, but he'll do in a pinch.
2) David Lee and Nate Robinson will both have a breakout year. Both players are suited to "Seven Seconds or Less"
3) Stephon Marbury seems to be playing well as a backup. With Thomas gone Marbury seems to have something to prove. Maybe he'll finally live up to his contract.
4) D'Antoni's system produces wins. If the players buy into the system, they'll simply outrun a lot of other teams.

Why the Knicks won't make the playoffs:
1) This is still the same team. They couldn't figure out how to play as a team for the last several years. They were self-absorbed, self-destructive, and tuned out their coach. Being in a "Run, run, run harder!" offense could cause them to fall back into bad habits.
2) They still have Eddy Curry and Zach Randolf. Both of them have ridiculous contracts, and they can't play together. Without trading one of them the Knicks are pretty much stuck with at least one unproductive cap-killer.
3) The salary cap. Almost every single player on their roster is overpaid. It both makes them hard to move and hard to bring in new talent.
4) The Lebron factor. They need assets, like draft picks, that they can trade to reduce their payroll, with the ultimate goal of landing Lebron in '10. Can you say, tanking?

JPHX
10-20-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah but you guys will never play defense. trust me. all practices are half an hour and consists of working strictly on offensive schemes and fastbreaks.

and D'Antoni does not develope younger players. Tucker, Strawberry, who were rooks on the suns, never cracked the 8-Man rotation cause they werent developed properly. so to say you have youngster on your team is not really a plus with Coach D.

by looking at the knicks roster, D'Antoni really has no choice but to only go 8 deep.

colinskik
10-20-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah but you guys will never play defense. trust me. all practices are half an hour and consists of working strictly on offensive schemes and fastbreaks.

and D'Antoni does not develope younger players. Tucker, Strawberry, who were rooks on the suns, never cracked the 8-Man rotation cause they werent developed properly. so to say you have youngster on your team is not really a plus with Coach D.

by looking at the knicks roster, D'Antoni really has no choice but to only go 8 deep.
D'Antoni's actual problem at the moment is trying to narrow his playing team down to 8. A lot of the guys are thriving so far in this system, so it'll be interesting to see who he doesn't include.

Knicks have a bunch of talented players but they're still getting hated on. So far I like what I see from them. They will definitely compete for that 8 spot in the East.

THE MTL
10-20-2008, 10:59 PM

Please, my fellow Knick fan. Dont get on the general forum and make a thread like this. You make the rest of us Knicks fan look bad. Yes, we are looking MAD GOOD and im rather optimistic but still lets keep it in our forum for now :D k-thanks-bye

29$JerZ
10-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Pity for the knick fans posting this outside the knicks forum, and pity on you all for bashing a team that has gone through hell.

IversonIsKrazy
10-20-2008, 11:13 PM
this may be almost as bad of a thread as the one called "LeBron can play C".

Knicks are going to be either 14th or 15th spot in the east.

mariotubes
10-20-2008, 11:23 PM
keep dreamin bud.. you got a great shot at gettin the 1st pick in the upcoming draft so be thankful and hope you guys can make a good pick for once

hdxstunts1
10-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Reasons why the Knicks wont make the Playoffs.
1.Stephon Marbury
2.Zach Randolph
3.Danilo Gallinari - you think this guy will help. He fills a position in which you have 6 guys that play it already. Plus he is unproven, doesnt look that good to begin with. Weak for a forward.
4.Everyone on the team hates , No Conituinity!
5.They will not be taken easy by teams. Everyteam will play harder against the Knicks because they want that blow out for themselves and the fans.
6.Wilson Chandler isnt that good, i like the kid but at best he will be a back-up SF, no where near Andre Inguadala or Boris Diaw.
7. A Coach isnt going to change the whole team. You need new players, offense, deffense and trust which they have 1 of the 4.
8. I'm a bulls fan and loved Duhan but if you think DUhan is going to start and lead you to the playoffs your dead wrong!
9. Jared Jefferies is overpaid and over rated. He is not good one bit i dont know why you appreciate him.
10. Jerome James sucks he should've retired while he was ahead, o wait he never was.

I see Knicks in last in the East and they get a 1-4 pick in the 2009 draft!

RapsGuy23
10-21-2008, 12:49 AM
There is no guarantee's with the Knicks of late, get that straight. They could steal 8th but its unlikely.