PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brewer, All-Star?

RocketsRule
10-20-2008, 05:27 PM
This is my favorite group -- the guys who most closely fit the definition of breakout players in the sense of taking the league by storm and surprising large numbers of people. Six guys stand out this year as having a chance to do so:

Ronnie Brewer, Jazz
If I had to vote one guy as the league's most underrated player, it's him. A productive two-way player for one of the league's best teams, the third-year pro reportedly has shot the ball far better this preseason -- and that was his one weakness. Even if he doesn't improve a lick from outside, his knack for scoring around the basket and improving defensive skills make him one of the best players at his position, and he's still getting better at only 23. With his playing time likely to increase along with his prominence on a key Western contender, he may not stay underrated for long.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=All-Breakout-Team-081020)

Raupie
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
He very well could be an all-star... probably not this season but next. Next season we will be losing Okur or Boozer more then likely... possibly Korver if he opts out. So many of our scoring leaders may be leaving and that will open a void. Brewer had one of the highest shooting percentages in the NBA. Granted most were dunks, there is more room for him to take more shots. He is an athletic beast. Still has the quickness and keeps putting on the muscle for 2 consecutive years.

I agree that he will be an all-star probably next season when he has his chance to shine.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 08:48 PM
the guard spot is very competitive in the west if you consider Deron couldnt even get in last season, Brewer will have a lot of work to do, especialy not even being the 3rd option on the Jazz.

but he is such a hard worker, willing to improve and it pays off every season, he has the chance to become a beast in this league.

THE_FLASH_21
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
too many good SG... Brewer has alot to go... He can't shoot to save his life!! Slashing will only get you some points... But not 17-23 PPG is a allstar requirment...

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
also if he's not an allstar before the 2010 FA we can sign him for cheaper...after then I hope he can become a FA

Layneh3180
10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
I think Brewer has a tremendous upside. And his athletic ability is off the charts. But that broken arm he suffered as a kid will always keep him from being a great shooter. That is why I am glad we have Korver to compliment him. I think now that he is beefing up he is going to be a force to mess with. And if he can stop Kobe we are golden....

THE_FLASH_21
10-21-2008, 08:41 PM
IDC who u are, and how buff or fast u are.... ur not stopping 24.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
unless his old man back pains come back again lol...even then he was crazy

sportsnutzz
10-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Brewer an allstar? I don't know about that, he is a very good player but an allstar........

DerekRE_3
10-21-2008, 10:35 PM
If Kevin Martin is having trouble making an all star team, I'd say it's pretty much impossible Brewer can in the next few years. There are just too many good guards in the West. I do like his game though.

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
who cares about KMart, if Deron is having a hard time getting into the allstar team, then Brewer has a tougher challenge of making an appearence.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 02:50 AM
:laugh::laugh2::laugh:

Ronnie Brewer will not be an All-Star. The West is way to stacked at the 1 and 2 spots (this is just off the top of my head)

CP3
Steve Nash
AI
T-Mac
Kobe
Brandon Roy
DWill
Kevin Martin

And maybe 5 of those players will make it there. Look at this way.... JR Smith has a better chance at making the AS game this season, and JR isn't close to AS material yet.

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 03:23 AM
:laugh::laugh2::laugh:

Ronnie Brewer will not be an All-Star. The West is way to stacked at the 1 and 2 spots (this is just off the top of my head)

CP3
Steve Nash
AI
T-Mac
Kobe
Brandon Roy
DWill
Kevin Martin

And maybe 5 of those players will make it there. Look at this way.... JR Smith has a better chance at making the AS game this season, and JR isn't close to AS material yet.

:eyebrow:

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 09:10 AM
hahahaha yeahhhh, sure.

I think derek said it best, KMart has no chance of making the allstar team and he is a star in this league, and a 1st scoring option on his team, Brewer will never be an allstar if he continues as 4th option on the Jazz.

DerekRE_3
10-22-2008, 05:58 PM
hahahaha yeahhhh, sure.

I think derek said it best, KMart has no chance of making the allstar team and he is a star in this league, and a 1st scoring option on his team, Brewer will never be an allstar if he continues as 4th option on the Jazz.

Well...in all fairness, Kevin Martin is the #1 option on a bad team and Brewer is the 4th or 5th option on a good team. But still, the West just has too many good guards. Because in the voting, there is no distinction between point guards and shooting guards (But I think Brewer is an SF?). This post is more explaining why Deron Williams hasn't been an all star yet.

Kobe Byrant
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Kevin Martin
Brandon Roy
Manu Ginobli
Allen Iverson
etc
*list is in no order

THE_FLASH_21
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Deron will be an allstar this year for sure!!!

THE_FLASH_21
10-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Well...in all fairness, Kevin Martin is the #1 option on a bad team and Brewer is the 4th or 5th option on a good team. But still, the West just has too many good guards. Because in the voting, there is no distinction between point guards and shooting guards (But I think Brewer is an SF?). This post is more explaining why Deron Williams hasn't been an all star yet.

Kobe Byrant
Chris Paul
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Kevin Martin
Brandon Roy
Manu Ginobli
Allen Iverson
etc
*list is in no order

Agreed!:clap:

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
yeah but your gunna have some wallies voting for kidd and TMac as well, I think KMart and Deron will deserve it more this season, those two, Kobe, CP3 and maybe one more...roy or nash

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
:eyebrow:

:eyebrow: yourself.

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 09:00 PM
:eyebrow: yourself.

:moon:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 09:08 PM
:moon:

:cricket:

sportsnutzz
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
:cricket:

Oh come on that was funny....... ok so maybe not. Anyway I will take Brewer of JR Smith.

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 12:20 PM
brewer over jr hell ya