PDA

View Full Version : Gallinari to D-League

CrowninMe
10-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Gallinari will never be a solid starter in this league. If he's going to the NBDL now, that's a bad sign. It's never good when your lottery pick goes the D-League.

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/10/20/gallinari-to-d-league-knicks-screw-up-another-draft/

knicks1214
10-20-2008, 05:26 PM
He was just injured...they don't want him to go full out against the best athletes in the world right away. I'm fine with this move. I just hope he comes back very quickly...Also, he will be a solid starter. He's going to be a Hedo type of player--someone who can do everything but not overdo it. If you followed the link that you provided, then went to the link that was provided on that page, it says it is just a possibility. So nothing is definite yet.

Frank Costanza
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
#6 pick??? you gotta do better than that ...

MiamiHeat
10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
people said that he was the next bird hahaha
by people i mean knicks fans
:laugh2:

Nets fan 93
10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Ouch... i actually wanted the nets to draft him.... good thing the Knicks are in the L...

Afridi786
10-20-2008, 06:03 PM
At least give him a shot.

jetsfan1020
10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
i wanted gordon so bad.

Missing56&33
10-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Gallinari will never be a solid starter in this league. If he's going to the NBDL now, that's a bad sign. It's never good when your lottery pick goes the D-League.

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/10/20/gallinari-to-d-league-knicks-screw-up-another-draft/

true, its not good if your first round pick goes to the d-league no matter what the reason -unfortunately we haven't done will in drafts since ewing

SAVAGE CLAW
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I really hated the pick.

By the way what in hell happens to Italians in the NBA?

You know? Serbian , Coratians , Macedonians...well all the former Yugoslavia dudes.
Some dont work but there is a lot of them that DO it extraordinarily well, Divac, Kukoc Peja, Petrovic....

French? , Paker, Turiaff, Pietrus, Noah, they have different levels but are succesfull.

Argentinians? Manu, Nocioni Scola etc etc who was the last Argentinina that was a bust for an Nba team?

IM not even going to talk about Spanish players in the Nba.

But Italians? come on their national team was supposed to be in the same category than Greece and Spain and they have a top 3 league in FIba.

You have to add the many Links Italy has with Usa. COme on there is nowhere in the states where an italian couldnt feel like home .

But yet This guy is just the third consecutive massive fail by an italian in the Nba.

Come on Walsh you should have seen it coming ,

Bustnani

Bustinelli

Bustinari :(

GiantYankKnicks
10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Little to soon to call him a bust

kswissdaf
10-20-2008, 07:57 PM
the season hasnt even started itliatains own he will find a a way

Beno7500
10-20-2008, 08:15 PM
What is up with lottery picks nowadays?

_Supreme_
10-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Little to soon to call him a bust

I'd say that too.

I'm not sure what the reason is that he is sent to D-League, but they could just want him to get a lot of minutes under his belt while he wouldn't get them in the current Knicks depth chart with Chandler and Lee doing so well, and Q also still getting minutes.

Plus he just has been injured, so it's not fair to call him a bust (even though I agree he never should have been picked that high).

Just wait untill he plays a number of NBA games sooner or later and start judging him by those.

GiantYankKnicks
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I'd say that too.

I'm not sure what the reason is that he is sent to D-League, but they could just want him to get a lot of minutes under his belt while he wouldn't get them in the current Knicks depth chart with Chandler and Lee doing so well, and Q also still getting minutes.

Plus he just has been injured, so it's not fair to call him a bust (even though I agree he never should have been picked that high).

Just wait untill he plays a number of NBA games sooner or later and start judging him by those.

Its not even official that hes going to the D-League though.I wouldnt have a problem if he did for a month though to get some good minutes b4 he gets up to the main roster where he should see 10-15 min per game.Either way i love how people overreact and call him a bust when he hasnt set foot on an NBA court yet.

IndyRealist
10-20-2008, 08:37 PM
If he goes to the D-League it's to rehab, it has nothing to do with his ability. Were he to stay with the Knicks he would get next to no playing time because they've got to win as many games as possible. When he's fully healthy he'll be brought back and be playing significant minutes. This is a non-story.

uptownfan
10-20-2008, 10:28 PM
The knicks really screwed up. Do they really expect Chris Duhon to be their guy?

RocketsRule
10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
This may be good, he probably wouldn't see much playing time with D'Antoni's short rotation.

So at least he can get some playing time somewhere else.

colinskik
10-20-2008, 10:49 PM
The knicks really screwed up. Do they really expect Chris Duhon to be their guy?
Check out what he just did in the last game. Pretty solid.

29$JerZ
10-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Mike D'Antoni has publicly said Danillo going to the D-League is a stretch. It was mentioned as a rumor because Danillo has been injured and hasn't been practicing with the team.

IversonIsKrazy
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
man, italians gotta bring their A-game 2 tha NBA.

Bustnani

Bustinelli

Bustinari

Bargnani

Bellini

now Gallinari.

hdxstunts1
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Saw that coming as soon as he was drafted! HE isnt NBA ready anyway!

michaellui11
10-21-2008, 12:18 AM
everyone in the knicks column on draft day went boo

RapsGuy23
10-21-2008, 12:28 AM
I can tell you this. He's a descent player in NBA 09 (the video game)

canzano55
10-21-2008, 12:31 AM
man, italians gotta bring their A-game 2 tha NBA.

Bustnani

Bustinelli

Bustinari

Bargnani

Bellini

now Gallinari.What is this ****? Are you serious?

The first European player to be drafted 1st overall in NBA history is Italian and despite the fact that Bargs had a poor season he's still averaging 10 points a game within 20 minutes. Not great but not terrible.

Overall he has all the potential in the world to be a great player but like so many bigs that go through the system he's going to have trials like everyone else.

Belinelli is your typical streaky scorer that comes off the bench, he was never projected to be anything more than a dynamic scorer/shooter like so many NBA players that were drafted mid-way. Again; nice player to have on your roster but nothing spectacular ergo no bust there either.

Gallinari hasn't even played a freaking game yet in the NBA so lets leave that one alone for now.

All in all the scope of your argument is minuscule seeing as how there have only been 3 Italian players to ever play in the NBA. Italy always produces solid athletes and Italian basketball players are no different, why they took soo long to get to the NBA I can't say for sure but so far the three guys that have made it here are all young and very capable.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-21-2008, 12:38 AM
^ Gallinari was drafter way higher than Rudy Fernandez. And Rudy was no secret to american scouts , he is supposed to be something more than a bench guy so wasnt the expectation higer with Bellinelli?

And Bargs....
Man he has done nothing better than Milicic, why call one bust and the other not?

canzano55
10-21-2008, 12:47 AM
^ Gallinari was drafter way higher than Rudy Fernandez. And Rudy was no secret to american scouts , he is supposed to be something more than a bench guy so wasnt the expectation higer with Bellinelli?:confused: whaa..?

And Bargs....
Man he has done nothing better than Milicic, why call one bust and the other not?Milicic can't score and his rebound numbers are tragic.

Bargs can't rebound either but his scout report wasn't about rebounding at all, it was the fact that he is one of the quickest 7 footers in world basketball - that and he can shoot over anybody (for better or worse).

All I know is this: Milicic is no closer to Camby then Bargs is to Dirk, but in the grand scheme of things one of those guys is getting mega overpaid while the other one is going to fight for a new contract. Given the circumstances which one would you rather have right now?

RapsGuy23
10-21-2008, 01:12 AM
^ Gallinari was drafter way higher than Rudy Fernandez. And Rudy was no secret to american scouts , he is supposed to be something more than a bench guy so wasnt the expectation higer with Bellinelli?

And Bargs....
Man he has done nothing better than Milicic, why call one bust and the other not?

For starters Darko has been in the league for 5 seasons while Bargs has only played 2. It takes bigs longer to develop in the NBA Bargs needs more time. In five seasons if he has career averages like Darko than you can call him a bust.

ramansingh3
10-21-2008, 04:18 PM
:worthy: Gallanari is the best player to ever touch a basketball. He's going to be in the Hall of Fame, an allstar in his first year, bring New York the title in his rookie campaign, Rookie of the Year, Slam Dunk Contest Winner, 3 point contest winner, All-NBA First Team every year, All-NBA Defense First Team every year, win MVP every year, 6th man of the year, he will improve so much every year like that they will give him the Most Improved player of the Year, than when he retires he will be a coach and win Coach of the Year every year and then he will be a GM and win Executive of the Year every year.

ramansingh3
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM
But in all honesty he can't be a bust yet he hasn't even played a NBA regular season game yet.

knicks1214
10-21-2008, 04:33 PM
But in all honesty he can't be a bust yet he hasn't even played a NBA regular season game yet.

Exactly...

blazerman
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Gallinari is a straight up buster, that being said, I'll make a cant lose offer to the Knicks and here it is:

Knicks give Portland every first rd pick for the next 5 yrs and I talk to Kevin Pritchard about taking all the Blazers second rd picks and the Knicks 2nd rd picks and getting you guys some real basketball players.

The Knicks dont know what to do with a 1st rd pick and we all know that and you all know having KP on draft day will improve your team and he could shed some dead weight through deals.This is a one time offer?

WHAT DO YA SAY!

Yogi
10-21-2008, 05:19 PM
The fact that he's going to the D-League doesn't mean anything. Andray Blatche went there and he's a decent player.

knicks1214
10-21-2008, 05:23 PM
Gallinari is a straight up buster, that being said, I'll make a cant lose offer to the Knicks and here it is:

Knicks give Portland every first rd pick for the next 5 yrs and I talk to Kevin Pritchard about taking all the Blazers second rd picks and the Knicks 2nd rd picks and getting you guys some real basketball players.

The Knicks dont know what to do with a 1st rd pick and we all know that and you all know having KP on draft day will improve your team and he could shed some dead weight through deals.This is a one time offer?

WHAT DO YA SAY!

I've gotta say you're a douche for thinking that you are actually funny...Plus, I'm sure you've never even seen Gallo play as much as everyone else. You can't say someone is a bust until he plays in the NBA...

hockeypro68
10-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Regardless of whether or not he's a bust, he's a HORRIBLE pick at #6. We'll see how much noise he can make, but I'm not optimistic.

_Sn1P3r_
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Not surprised. I heard it could happen and it did.

blazerman
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I've gotta say you're a douche for thinking that you are actually funny...Plus, I'm sure you've never even seen Gallo play as much as everyone else. You can't say someone is a bust until he plays in the NBA...

I didnt call him a bust, I called him a buster and he is, I dont know what you call it when a guy is taken at the 6 pick and ends up in the D League right out the gate. It's pretty sad when you make more money than your entire D. League team coaches included. Do you think the Knicks would have taken him at the 6 pick if they thought there was even a remote chance he'd end up there. I know something about the 6 pick going straight to the d league after being so highly touted

The Blazers had a #6 pick (Martell Webster) do the same thing a couple of yrs ago. I really started wondering if we were cursed then to see the 6th pick for another team do the same thing
I realized how stupid I was being.

Webster is young and to me he is a buster,he has a lot to prove before he can justify being the 6th pick especially when we had the 3rd pick and traded down to get him, and when I know we could have had Chris Paul or D.Williams

Keep this in mind, KP wanted CP3 but he was only an assistant at the time, the guy knows his stuff.

I dont recommend calling people names either, image all the crap I have gotten overthe yrs being a Blazers fan.

Jr Rider "sittin in a vw bug with some hippies smoking weed out of a pop can", Quentyl Woods"gettin pulled over and giving the cop a trading card for ID". Damon Stoudimire and Rasheed Wallace going to court and getting pulled over for speeding then getting arrested for weed, Shawn Kemp going to treatment for being a crackhead and Darius Miles thinkin just because he's out west he can go into a bar and shoot the place up, then you got Zach"the model citizen"Randolph deckin his teammates(A.Sabonis)
And my team has been know as the jailblazers for the last decade!

Im sure you got your laughs at some of those idiots, I had to deal with it being a blazer fan. Dont be a poor sport and call people names especially when the person your calling names could wreck you in about 2 seconds flat, I was just having fun !

Giaps
10-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Jump off haters!!!

knicks1214
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
So what if he MIGHT go to the D-League to play to REHAB HIS BACK? What's wrong with that. The same thing happens in baseball when a pitcher is injured, he goes to the minors to pitch his way back up...you can't call anyone a bust(er) until you have seen him play...and about you wrecking me in 2 seconds flat...E-thugs are sad...

theimortalone
10-23-2008, 01:27 AM

All I have to say is Knickerbocker fans you have your wonderful coach Mike D to thank for that one. He never gives rookies a chance. DJ Strawberry and Alando Tucker were both sent to the D-League last year. He doesnt trust his Rookies. Anyone think that if he would have gone to Chi-town instead he would have sent D-Rose to the D-League? hahahaha :laugh:

In all seriousness tho Mike D is that type of man.

theimortalone
10-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Jump off haters!!!

Bro I love your sig :D