PDA

View Full Version : Wow look at the Timberwolves.

Captain Ron
10-20-2008, 02:05 AM
With tonights win they are 5-1. Even though its preseason, do you think they could be a sleeper and nab a spot in the playoffs?

barreleffact
10-20-2008, 02:11 AM
Preseason!!!!!!

theimortalone
10-20-2008, 02:12 AM
No way not in the Wild Wild West. They just cant make it with all the contenders in the WC.

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 02:29 AM
I'm excited about their potential, but I think their ceiling is .500 for this season.

One hell of a fun team to watch, though. They have a lot of depth, for sure. I like when guys like McCants and Smith can come off the bench....those are some solid backups.

zambo4president
10-20-2008, 02:54 AM
In the East they have a legit shot but in the West no way in hell. There gonna be a very tough oppenent for years to come in about 3-4 years

LAKERS 24/7
10-20-2008, 03:00 AM
As the future president zambo previously stated, NO WAY IN HELL. They won't even sniff the playoffs in the west.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-20-2008, 03:14 AM
:laugh2: take it easy TWolve fans. Don't get to ahead of yourselves. It's preseason

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 07:31 AM
:laugh2: take it easy TWolve fans. Don't get to ahead of yourselves. It's preseason

First of all, I'm the only Wolves fan (thread creator, notwithstanding perhaps because it's hard to tell if Mr. 3 posts has loyalty to the Wolves) that's posted in here, and I predicted .500 at best.

Maybe I should laugh at you for being the one to chime in saying to take it easy when you mention Melo and A.I. in your screen name? Who did the T-Wolves beat last night?

:rolleyes:

pebloemer
10-20-2008, 08:29 AM
First of all, I'm the only Wolves fan (thread creator, notwithstanding perhaps because it's hard to tell if Mr. 3 posts has loyalty to the Wolves) that's posted in here, and I predicted .500 at best.

Maybe I should laugh at you for being the one to chime in saying to take it easy when you mention Melo and A.I. in your screen name? Who did the T-Wolves beat last night?

I am not sure if gloating over a pre-season win has any validity at all...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
I would still say it's a long shot. There are still a lot of factors going against them. Such as one in preseason most teams sit their star players for the majority of the game at least. Two like was said earlier they play in the Western Conference.

BlondeBomber41
10-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Zero % chance. Yes they have some talent, but is there any chance at all that their talent produces a better record than LA, San Antonio, Phoenix, New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Portland, Utah, Golden State or Denver? Of course not.

michaellui11
10-20-2008, 08:54 AM
can't make it this year
maybe a few years later

Verbal Christ
10-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Everyone was really excited about the Detroit Lions too when they went 4-0 in the preaseason, and then :::SMACK::: a heavy dose of reality hit them in the face. You can crown Minny preaseason champs if you want, it will be the only trophy they get in the next 10 years.

AtlFANATIC
10-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Minnesota c-o-u-l-d be a sleeper. I like their inside game a lot more going into the season this year than last. I also like their perimeter game a lot better this year with the addition of Mike Miller (considering he can actually play a full season). A sleeper yes, contender in the West....ummm no.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 10:46 AM
short answer. no

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I am not sure if gloating over a pre-season win has any validity at all...

Who is gloating? Did some of you folks take stupid pills today?

23LBJCleBrowns
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Maybe by getting Mike Miller, and drafting Kevin Love they have a better chance. I see them getting about 41-44 wins.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 02:56 PM
not in the west, no way...if they get close to .500 they would be a suprise team.

MiamiHeat
10-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I'm looking I'm lookin
I don't see nothing...............:)

JayW_1023
10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I think they'll be this years Portland...they'll be a whole lot better than people think, but fall just short of a postseason spot in the crowded west.

They have their offensive pieces well set up. Al Jefferson down low and Mike Miller as their shooter and some slasher types like Foye and McCants. And if they can get anything out of Kevin Love...you have 4 guys around Jefferson who can shoot the rock.

The real question for the T-Wolves is: who will step up on defense...they have not many solid defensive guys...Corey Brewer could develope into a good perimeter defender someday. But who will cover the weakside? They have no guys who are a force protecting the rim. Most of their defensive bigs are undersized.

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Yeah, Gomes and Smith help on the D-end, but are smallish.

ARMIN12NBA
10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Pre-Season

Rome
10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Maybe in a few years. Top ten in the west would be a successful season. Anything is possible with
Bassy though :)

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Pre-Season

Half-time.

What?

Ph1lly Diehard
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
10th seed at best for them IMO

Lakersfan2483
10-20-2008, 03:27 PM
With tonights win they are 5-1. Even though its preseason, do you think they could be a sleeper and nab a spot in the playoffs?

No, but they have a lot of young talent which could make for a bright future.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM
the spurs were 0-6 in pre season but ended up winning the whole thing against det ...

IndyRealist
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
4 to 1 odds of making the post-season, 20 to 1 of making it past the first round. I like their team, and Mike Miller will make a HUGE difference this year.

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
He really should. An outside shooter to take the pressure off of Love and Jefferson could be HUGE.

Beno7500
10-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Preseason like you said buddy.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM

To bad AI didn't play last night... and it is pre-season. But if i was a wolves fan i would take all the wins i can

2 can play at this game.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 09:52 PM
yeah IMO they have a struggle to even finnish 4th in our division let alone make the playoffs.

brandonwarne52
10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
To bad AI didn't play last night... and it is pre-season. But if i was a wolves fan i would take all the wins i can

2 can play at this game.

Yeah, okay?

GSW_Soul
10-20-2008, 11:19 PM
No way not in the Wild Wild West. They just cant make it with all the contenders in the WC.

Yea and it's only preseason so don't get your hopes up.

IversonIsKrazy
10-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Its pre-season my man. remember last year pre-season's knicks. how they impressed, then dissapointed in the season.
they r a good team though, but its more of a future than present. they r pretty talented though.

PG: Randy Foye
SG: ?
SF: Mike Miller
PF: Kevin Love
C: Al Jefferson

RapsGuy23
10-21-2008, 12:46 AM
It's only preseason. The West is so deep. I cannot see them finishing the season with a better record than the Suns, Spurs, Lakers, Hornets, Blazers, Rockets, Mavericks or Jazz. Again the west is incredibly deep.

USMCLaker
10-21-2008, 03:23 AM
The west is so strong this year that I think injuries are going to make a bigger difference this year than in years past for all teams.

I really like your squad. You got two players that I would love to have on the Lakers in K. Love and Mike Miller, wish you the best of luck this year.

boeknows
10-21-2008, 03:27 AM
Its pre-season my man. remember last year pre-season's knicks. how they impressed, then dissapointed in the season.
they r a good team though, but its more of a future than present. they r pretty talented though.

Actually i think its goona be one of these lineups.

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

or

Telfair
Foye
Miller
Love
Jefferson

Sixerlover
10-21-2008, 09:25 AM
I honestly couldn't see them making the playoffs in the East, let alone the west.

Preseason games are made for teams like the T-Wolves.

USMCLaker
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
I honestly couldn't see them making the playoffs in the East, let alone the west.

Preseason games are made for teams like the T-Wolves.

Come on don't you think thats harsh, this year they are better and could beat out the lower seeded eastern conference playoff teams.

WSU Tony
10-22-2008, 12:53 PM

PG: Foye
SG: Brewer
SF: Miller
PF: Jefferson
C: Love

Or swap Jefferson to Center and let Gomes duke it out at PF.

Jherrera76
10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm looking I'm lookin
I don't see nothing...............:)

WOW!! Is a Miami Heat fan really trying to talk S**T?? What do the Heat have??? Lets see..... Beasley... Wade.... Marion.... Thats all I can really think of.... Oh, don't let me forget Mark Blount... He's an AMAZING player for you guys.. LMAO!! Wolves on the other hand, have a much younger and deeper team with Foye, Telfair, Love, Miller, Jefferson, Brewer, Gomes..... The List goes on, I guarantee the Wolves have a better team than the Heat! mark my word!! plus, potentially 6 draft picks next year!! Its not too late for you to jump on the Wolves!!

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 01:18 PM
Blount was sick for the wolves

Jherrera76
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Blount was sick for the wolves

Blount was not anywhere near sick for us!! I don't know what Blount you are talking about!!

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 03:37 PM
so the Bobcats are going to be winless this year, given their PRESEASON showings?????

hmmm...good thing the Cs are looking good...they are gonna win 75% of the games!

_Sn1P3r_
10-22-2008, 04:22 PM
No one is using the real rotation they'll actually use in the reg season. You guys got a talented team but the West is really tough.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
no way its preseason

Hawkeye15
10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
It's only the preseason, but yes, they look much better than a year ago. I think they could hang in the playoff race, ala, Portland from last year, but will fade when the pressure comes. I think 38-40 wins is completely reasonable.

Hawkeye15
10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Actually i think its goona be one of these lineups.

Foye
Miller
Gomes
Love
Jefferson

or

Telfair
Foye
Miller
Love
Jefferson

I see

Foye
Miller
Brewer (defense, and he has hit shots this preseason)
Love
Jefferson

Bench:
Telfair
McCants
Gomes
Smith

Solid. Offensivley, they should be top 10 in the NBA. On the other side, they will have some problems though. Like Hollinger said, if this team can finish in the teens in defensive efficiancy, they will be a huge surprise. Saying it and doing it are totally different though

Sox Appeal
10-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I would be EXTREMELY surprised to see the T - Wolves competing for a playoff spot this season. Sure, this team has some talent, but they also have a handful of question marks. Can Randy Foye stay healthy? (If he doesn't the Wolves chances of making the playoffs are almost 0) Will Cory Brewer be able to provide any type of offense for them? And how will Kevin Love adjust to the NBA? (I know you can ask that about any rookie, but I'm especially interested to see how he reacts, b/c of his lack of athleticism)

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 07:49 PM

Hey! That's not right you can insult him, even Iverson! But not Carmelo!!!!!! :cry:

Hawkeye15
10-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I would be EXTREMELY surprised to see the T - Wolves competing for a playoff spot this season. Sure, this team has some talent, but they also have a handful of question marks. Can Randy Foye stay healthy? (If he doesn't the Wolves chances of making the playoffs are almost 0) Will Cory Brewer be able to provide any type of offense for them? And how will Kevin Love adjust to the NBA? (I know you can ask that about any rookie, but I'm especially interested to see how he reacts, b/c of his lack of athleticism)

forgot to add that yes, Love's athletic ability is a question mark, but his skill level is off the charts for a 19 year old. He is more skilled than the majority of the NBA. But yes, we will see how he can handle the NBA physically, it will be a huge challenge to him.

AK-50
10-23-2008, 02:18 AM
all you ppl who say "Preseason" may be right BUT same exact thing happened to the Raptors when they won the Atlantic they had a really unbelievable Preseason...then struggled then stepped up and won the division now im not saying the wolves are winning theyre division im saying even though its too early to tell its also too early to judge

legendkillerv2
10-23-2008, 02:29 AM
preseason doesn't mean anything, No one is using the real rotation, for the reg season and the starters aren't even playing heavy minutes.

DRUNKCHIKSDIGME
10-23-2008, 02:31 AM
how about ...no

legendkillerv2
10-23-2008, 02:34 AM
preseason doesn't mean anything, No one is using the real rotation, for the reg season and the starters aren't even playing heavy minutes.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/N/2/mccain_eyebrows.gif

John Mccain Rolling his eyes at the people.

SouljahPhil...
10-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Not yet...maybe 3-4 years from now...