PDA

View Full Version : Free agents

Raps18-19 Champ
10-19-2008, 10:59 AM
Lets say its 2010 and all players that could be free agents ARE FREE AGENTS

THAT INCLUDES PLAYERS WHO HAVE ETO,PO,TO, ETC

who would your team sign?

Remember about how much salary you would have?

Please dont say something like signing lebron for 2 mil(please be realistic)
__________________________________________________ _______________

My team would be the raptors and we would have about 25 mil under the cap

I would say we would re-sign chris bosh

Get Steve nash for like 5-10 mil(He said he would go to toronto if suns want to go different way and would take less money)

Get another bigman for like 10-15mil(depending who it is)(maybe Amare, Chandeler or even one of the oneals)

Sign a decent scoring swingman for like 3-7 mil(someone like travis outlaw, CDR, Kapono)

and sign rest role players

_Supreme_
10-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Miami is set to have a lot of cap space that offseason also, including enough to re-sign Wade (bird rights are involved here anyway) and sign an additional max salary player.

The way things are right now the players that most likely will be targeted will be (obviously) Lebron James and/or whatever legit big is available.

Nets fan 93
10-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Nets-
Sign LeBron to the max, then use our option on CDR and Lopez and I think Yi

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 11:26 AM
I was checking, but Miami wont have any cap space at the end of this season to sign Boozer, will they?

Devils05
10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Shouldn't you worry about summer 2009 first?

_Supreme_
10-19-2008, 01:12 PM
I was checking, but Miami wont have any cap space at the end of this season to sign Boozer, will they?

Not at this very moment, but if Riley gets rid of someone like Banks or Blount (in addition to Shawn Marion of course) there would be enough.

The NBA's cap number for 2008/2009 is $58,68M. For 2009/2010 that should be slightly higher, so let's say $60M.

Assuming Boozer would make about $13 million Miami would need to shed about $4M off the $49,7M cap number for 2009/2010.

Btw I'm not sure I'd want to spend that money on Boozer anyway, because it would take us out of the promising 2010 sweepstakes.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Theres too many threads like this.

Cavs are 30 Mil under the cap then. We sign lots of role players and re-sign LeBron.

MiamiHeat
10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Miami after they resign Wade they will
def. go after Chris Bosh

RapsGuy23
10-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Resign Bosh! Look at the possibility of bringing Nash and trading Calderon for a Thorton, Redd, Prince, J Howard.

Sox Appeal
10-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Resign Bosh! Look at the possibility of bringing Nash and trading Calderon for a Thorton, Redd, Prince, J Howard.

I doubt that the Pistons would be looking to trade for a player like Calderon. Reason being, the Pistons already have a pair of young guards in Rodney Stuckey, and Aaron Affalo that they're planning on building the team around.

Sox Appeal
10-19-2008, 05:26 PM
The Bulls will have around 20M dollars available in the summer of 2010 so I'm sure they're going to be BIG time players when it comes to signing Dwayne Wade. (Don't forget, Wade grew up in Chicago)

The Nets are obviously positing themselves to sign Lebron. And from everything I've heard Lebron and Jay - Z are really good buddies, so it's almost a sure thing he becomes a Net. Also, Lebron would make more TOTAL money if he decided to go to a major city. (Brooklyn, New York, Chicago, or LA) So that gives the Nets even more of an advantage when it comes to signing "King James".