PDA

View Full Version : Deron injures ankle

jimbobjarree
10-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Jazz guard Deron Williams had to be carried off the court in the first quarter of Saturday night's game against the Chicago Bulls after rolling his left ankle landing on Derrick Rose's foot on a three-point attempt.
Williams crumpled to the floor immediately and grabbed at his ankle in pain. He had to be carried to the bench by Ronnie Brewer and C.J. Miles. He was then taken to the locker room in a wheelchair. The injury occurred with 5:39 left in the quarter.
The Jazz said Williams suffered a left ankle inversion sprain and X-rays were negative. Williams will not return to the game and no timetable has been given for him to recover from the injury.
Williams, who signed a maximum-value contract extension this summer, has missed only two games in his three-year NBA career and would have 11 days to recover before the Jazz's regular-season opener against Denver on Oct. 29.

Salt Lake Tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/ci_10756750)

thank god it wasnt a break or fracture....could still be ligament/muscle damge though which means he could be out for a month :(

kurtismurray
10-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Not Good. Atleast we have Brevin Knight instead of Jason Hart now. and ronnie Price is showing progression but... I hope the rest of the group can survive without Deron.

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
thats the biggest load of balony ever, you Lakers fans were practically crying at that.

for 1, he's on his own, you dont see all our fans doing that.

secondly you cant just presume its about Fisher's daughter

and 3 hows that karma for D Will?

and 4 you shouldnt post images, its against the site rules

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 09:41 AM
" Carlos Boozer had 17 points and 15 rebounds, and the Utah Jazz beat the Chicago Bulls 88-80 in a preseason game on Saturday night despite losing Deron Williams to injury in the first quarter.

Williams left the game after falling awkwardly and spraining his left ankle. Williams had X-rays, which were negative, but he didn't return to the game.

Williams left the arena on crutches and wearing a protective boot. He refused to talk to reporters after the game.

Utah coach Jerry Sloan would not comment on Williams' condition.

''That's not my position to speak on his condition,'' Sloan said. ''I would never try to get a player back sooner than he should be ready to play. I would never jeopardize somebody's career.''

Leading 68-64 early in the fourth quarter, the Jazz pulled away when Andrei Kirilenko 's basket started an 8-1 run. Kirilenko scored six points in the spurt that put Utah up 76-65 with 7:07 left.

Kirilenko scored 18 points off the bench for the Jazz (3-3) and Paul Millsap added 14 points.

Williams pulled up for a 3-pointer midway through the opening period. He made contact with Chicago guard Derrick Rose when elevating for the shot and fell to the floor. Rose was called for a foul on the play.

Williams was carried off the court by two teammates as he grimaced in pain. He then left the floor for the locker room on a wheelchair.

Williams, who was on the gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic team at the Beijing Olympics, has career averages of 15.3 points, 8.1 assists and 2.9 rebounds while appearing in a total of 242 of a possible 246 career games, including all 82 during the 2007-08 regular season.

''Most important thing is be cautious. When he is ready to play, we will put him out there,'' Sloan said.

Rose, the No. 1 overall pick, started and scored 11 points in 40 minutes. Tyrus Thomas , who fouled out in the fourth quarter, led the Bulls (1-4) with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Larry Hughes scored 10 points.

Chicago played without guard Ben Gordon , who was out with a jammed right toe.

The Bulls beat the Jazz on Friday night in a game played on the University of Illinois campus in Champaign.

''I thought we played quite better last night. We didn't shoot the ball well tonight and we didn't move the ball well tonight either,'' said Luol Deng , who finished with six points for Chicago in 25 minutes. "

SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/viewcast/2008/10/18/index.html?contestId=24913&vendorId=2008101804&vendorVisitTeam=26&vendorHomeTeam=4&pageType=recap)

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 09:41 AM
^that doesn't sound too promising

THE_FLASH_21
10-19-2008, 01:05 PM
he'll be fine... Better to get hurt now then during the season!

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 01:25 PM
not even an ounce of doubt?

crazygolucky
10-19-2008, 02:49 PM
jesus you Utah Fans are pretty low, Ive heard rumors, but making fun of D Fish's daughter's eye cancer??? Come on, its just basketball
BTW that wouldnt hurt me if i was a player it would just inspire the **** out of me and cause me to play at the top of my game just to spite you *******s.

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 03:05 PM
oh god.

now for the flood of Lakers fans coming back about that.

buddy we went through this in the playoffs

that was one guy..one guy doesnt represent all of us. If he was on about Fishers daughter then he's a twat cause Fish doesnt deserve that.

but please, just let it go, we had the fattest thread about it in the playoffs

and besides this is about deron injury not the Lakers

sportsnutzz
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
jesus you Utah Fans are pretty low, Ive heard rumors, but making fun of D Fish's daughter's eye cancer??? Come on, its just basketball
BTW that wouldnt hurt me if i was a player it would just inspire the **** out of me and cause me to play at the top of my game just to spite you *******s.

:horse:

jimbobjarree
10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
I shudda got Bob to delete that one too

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
"Jazz guard Deron Williams will undergo an MRI exam today on his sprained left ankle, with the team waiting to determine how long it expects to be without him until those results are in, general manager Kevin O'Connor said Sunday.

O'Connor said he was encouraged that X-rays taken Saturday came back negative for any broken bones. Williams had to be carried off the court after landing on Chicago guard Derrick Rose's foot and rolling his ankle on a three-point attempt.

Williams was taken by wheelchair to the locker room and left the arena on crutches after the game. O'Connor hadn't talked to Williams on Sunday and couldn't say whether he was more or less encouraged about how long he would be out.

There also was no word as to the degree of the sprain -- mild, moderate or severe -- though the Jazz noted that some players return from severe sprains in the time it takes other players to return from moderate ones.

Williams and his representatives did not return phone and e-mail messages Sunday. The Jazz open the regular season against Denver on Oct. 29. They play their last preseason game Thursday against Portland.

"When you see how hard he's worked this summer and you see how he's prepared himself to play this season and he's in tip-top shape and you just hate to see him go down," Ronnie Price said of Williams.

If Williams is out for a significant period, the Jazz will have to find his replacement from within. They already have 15 players under contract, leaving no open roster spot to sign another point guard.

Price and Brevin Knight are the two backup point guards on the roster. Andrei Kirilenko, C.J. Miles and Ronnie Brewer all could play point guard in an emergency as well, with Miles seeing time at the position in exhibition games.

"We can't change everything we've been trying to do," Jazz coach Jerry Sloan said, adding, "You can't call timeout and say, 'Wait till we get some more practice.' "

Sloan played Price with what would be his fourth-quarter lineup in Saturday's victory over the Bulls. Knight, meanwhile, has the experience of an 11-year veteran but is in his first season with the Jazz and has been limited by an injured left thumb.

"Brevin hasn't had much run in what we're trying to do," Sloan said, adding, "He's picked up pretty fast, but the nuances in the game come as you get a little closer to the season.""

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_10762694

looks like we wont make a trade to replace him, but still, the signs are bad

sportsnutzz
10-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Once Brevin is healed that hill help a lot I think he will be pretty good. No Deron but I think he will help out a ton.

THE_FLASH_21
10-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Man i keep hearing on ESPN it might be some time b4 D-Twrill sees some time!!

futureman
10-20-2008, 03:51 PM
He shouldn't be out for too long. at least he didn't break the ankle. Were lucky that this happened during the preseason

RocketsRule
10-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Deron Williams is expected to miss at least two weeks with a second-degree inversion sprain of the left ankle.

Desert News (http://deseretnews.com/article/0,5143,705256781,00.html)

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 09:12 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo.

he doesnt need to be back for the Denver game, Knight and Price ar ebetter than their sucky point guards anyway, and then we play the Clippers who have Baron out, and we play them twice so it wont matter if he missed those games anyway.

thank god it wasnt too bad.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Point guard Deron Williams will be out at least two weeks because of his sprained ankle, the Jazz announced Monday.

That means he is expected to miss the team's Oct. 29 2008-09 NBA regular-season opener against the Denver Nuggets.

And maybe more.

After performing an MRI exam Monday, team physician Dr. Lyle Mason determined Williams has a second-degree inversion sprain of the left ankle.

The MRI also showed all bone structures and tendons in and around the ankle to be normal.

According to the National Athletic Trainers' Association media guide, a second-degree sprain involves "partial tear of a ligament."

Ligament is band of fibrous, joint-strengthening tissue connecting either bone to bone or bone to cartilage.

Timetable for Williams' return to action, according to a statement from the team, is "a minimum of two weeks."

That means Williams would miss not only the opener at EnergySolutions Arena, but probably also a Nov. 1 home game against the Los Angeles Clippers — with a possible return either in a Nov. 3 visit with the Clippers at L.A. or in a Nov. 5 at home vs. Portland.

Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/0,5143,705256781,00.html)

could still be longer, I hope D Will has the will to return, speeding up his recovery.

THE_FLASH_21
10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
2 weeks maybe 6 games if he misses 3 weeks.... We'll be fine!

jimbobjarree
10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I'd like him back for the Blazer game and that Eastern Road trip

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Now the opener will be fair :laugh:

DWill-out
Melo-out

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 03:19 AM

DWill-out
Melo-out

I can't wait for a game that counts

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
its fair if D Will was out and Melo and AI were on hot form.

we still have the edge, If Melo's out it should be a win, especialy at the ESA

THE_FLASH_21
10-22-2008, 06:03 PM

DWill-out
Melo-out

?????? We don't need D TWrill to beat Denver! :D

Bucsfan
10-22-2008, 06:33 PM
I just hope they dont rush him back too fast, even if we were to drop some games, its not going to kill us, but i think we will do just fine with price at the point, im sure we will see some different combinations on the floor while he is out

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
:laugh: You'll all see you do in fact need DWill to beat us. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
We're gonna get a jump on this divison after that IT's A WRAP!!!!!!!!!

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 08:11 PM
haha, your funny

deron speaks for the first time about his injury:

As he landed on the foot of Chicago guard Derrick Rose on a three-point attempt in the first quarter of Saturday's preseason game, Deron Williams had a perfect view of what he initially feared was a season-ending ankle injury.
"I just saw it. I saw it happen," Williams said. "When I started to roll it, I looked down and I saw it go all the way out and then it popped and then it popped back in. I thought something slid out or I broke something. I had no clue."
Instead of dislocating his ankle, Williams escaped with a second-degree sprain. The Jazz have ruled him out for at least two weeks, but Williams said he was holding out hope he could still play in Wednesday's regular-season opener against Denver.
"I'm not going to rule it out," said Williams, who has missed only four games in his three-year career, "but Doc [team doctor Lyle Mason] says it's not looking too good for opening night, just the way it looks right now."
Williams was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, Pittsburgh Steelers logo earphones and a large black walking boot Wednesday as he made his first public comments since the injury. He is off crutches but still can't put any weight on the ankle.
He has been treating his ankle twice daily and icing it "every day, all day" at home. Whatever relief Williams took from not suffering a more serious injury - "The first thought was I was going to miss the whole season" - seemed eclipsed by his frustration at potentially missing games.
"I'm never happy to be out," Williams said. "I don't like missing games, so I'm just going to try to get back as soon as possible. They put that timetable, but if I can get back before that, I'm definitely going to do everything in my power to try."
Asked about trying to avoid rushing back with so much of the season to play, Williams said: "It's a sprained ankle. It's not like it's going to do any damage further."
He added that he would return when he felt like he could play again. "You're never going to know till you get out there and you cut and you move like you would in a game. I'm sure I'm going to have to practice before I know anything," Williams said.
Having watched a replay of the play that injured him, Williams said he thought Rose didn't deliberately stick his foot under him. "He was completely turned around, so he didn't know," Williams said. "It wasn't on purpose."
If he is out two weeks, Williams would miss at least two games and possibly more. He expressed confidence in Ronnie Price and Brevin Knight filling the void.
Williams said Price "knows what he has to do, he knows his game, he knows what coach expects."
"Him and Brevin are going to do a great job if I'm not able to play," Williams added. "I'm not worried about it in the least way. I think that they're more than capable of running a team and it'll be a good experience for them." Although he'd sprained both ankles multiple times before, Williams said he'd never experienced swelling like this one. He joked about the "pretty looking colors" his ankle has turned and said most of the swelling had worked its way out of the ankle and down to his foot.

salt lake tribune (http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_10785220)

I doubt it was gunna ever be season ending, but I like what he is saying, he is very commited and that should hopefully bring him back sooner.

lol if he did return for the Nuggets I could see a 30 point win, without him I still predict double figures.

I'l have to bring the prediction game back from last season, that was fun.

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 08:58 PM
We're gonna get a jump on this divison after that IT's A WRAP!!!!!!!!!

By the way 2pac is the one.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-22-2008, 09:10 PM
Someone should make one where it's half DWills face.. half CP3 face.

But yea Pac is the one, if BIG woulda made 1 more album, it would be him.

sportsnutzz
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
No because he never had the talent that pac did. 2Pac is still the best rapper ever. Anyway sorry about this off topic conversation everybody.

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 12:24 PM
you best be boyyyyyyyyy

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-23-2008, 03:31 PM
No because he never had the talent that pac did. 2Pac is still the best rapper ever. Anyway sorry about this off topic conversation everybody.

Yeah Pac is the best ever. But.... Why is it that BIG can compete with Pac for the top spot with only 2 Albums???

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
"Deron Williams did not stand.He instead rested in one chair, his sprained left ankle propped on another.Speaking while he sat, the injured Jazz point guard suggested he still holds out hope for playing in the team's 2008-09 NBA regular-season opener, which comes Wednesday night vs. the Denver Nuggets.He also hinted that reality, however, prompts him to suspect the likelihood is slim at best."I'm not going to rule it out," Williams said. "But Doc (Jazz team physician Dr. Lyle Mason) says it's not looking too good for opening night, just the way it looks right now."A Jazz-released timetable for Williams' anticipated absence - "a minimum of two weeks," dating to last Monday - also suggests he will miss the opener.He very much does, however, want to overcome the odds against him."I'm still gonna try. I'm gonna try to get back as soon as possible," said Williams, who on Wednesday was speaking publicly about the sprain for the first time."I don't know how long it's going to take," he added. "It could be two weeks, it could be less, it could be more."Williams sprained the ankle when he landed on the foot of Chicago point guard Derrick Rose after attempting a 3-point shot in the first quarter of last Saturday night's preseason road game against the Bulls."

Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705257322,00.html)