PDA

View Full Version : No more Excuses?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 09:12 PM
First some Links, in case you dont know what im talking about.

http://www.nba.com/europelive/061005_sixersfcbarcelona_recap.html

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193040487695/1202729440897/noticia/Noticia/104-103.htm

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/10/sports/bkb.php

As you can see in recent times Nba teams have not been that sucesfull when they have faced FIba teams, i should also add Benetton Defeating Raptors or Cska defeating Clippers and Maccaby defeating ... i dont remeber who.

This series of defeats have make Mr Stern decide not to allow Euro teams to play in home soil against Usa teams, to avoid an image degradation, so this year the Europe Live has consisted in Nba teams facing each other in Euro Arenas.

But he has also alowed FC Barcelona to play two matches in L.A the first on them is tonight against The Lakers.

OK, so after the Redeem team everything is supossed to be into place again and Nba supremacy should be unmatchable so Lakers Should win the game by 30 + Points.

But what if it isnt that way? what if they have to sweat for the win? and if they lose??????

Ok here are some excuses Nba teams have used in those past Defeats.

1 WE ARE OUT OF SHAPE and the euro teams are WELL into their seasons and in better Shape:

Not this time, the Olympics changed that, Lakers will play their first season game in a week and have been into camp for more than a month Now Barcelona has been playing together for the same amount of time and has only played 2 oficcial acb games so far.

2 WE ARE ACOMODATING NEW PLAYERS:

Lakers havent added anybody that will play more than 10 minutes a game, except for Bynum who is not completely new, everybody except Pau knows how he plays, Barcelona has added 5 new Players including 3 of the starters.

3 NBA SENDS LOW TIER TEAMS and EUROLEAGUE their BEST TEAMS.

Lakers are Nbas West Conference Winners and a top 3 record, Barcelona didnt Qualify for Euroleagues Final Four and was harrased in Spanish League Finals 3-0

4 Nba teams do not play well under Fiba Rules:

This time Nba Rules will be applied, except for the three point line who will be an intermediate distance between Nba and Fiba ( Wich favours the americans because they will shoot closer while euros will shoot more far than they usually do)

5 HOMER CALLS BY HOMER EURO OFFICIALS:

THis time the Home team will be the NBA team and the Official will be a Nba official.

6 WE DIDNT PLAY OUR BEST PLAYER TOO MUCH because we wanted him to rest:

Kobe will rest a bit, but Navarro is recuperating from an Injury so he wont be playing the usual amount of Minutes neither.

7 We are tired from the Long trip by plane and the food here is not the one we are used to have i miss america:

OK now the ones out of Country , out of their own food and tired from the trip are the Euros.

So, after i have dismantled all of this Excuses do you agree that if Lakers dont dominate 30 + its a bad sign for Nba

that if they have a close game its a ridicule?

that if they lose then Nba is in REAL trouble?

Do you agree to not make up stupid excuses if any of this happens?

.... I Wonder who will Hellcrooner Cheer today.... His Nba Team against his Acb Team....

LAKERS 24/7
10-18-2008, 09:26 PM
No, its still a preseason game.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-18-2008, 09:28 PM
Here would be a good excuse. No one in the NBA gives a damn if they beat a Euro team. But if a Euro team beats an NBA team it just might make their season. This game does not count against the Lakers record or another NBA teams record when they play Euro teams. For the Euro's, its bragging rights so they will play their hardest to win to make them look like they are as good as an NBA team. For the NBA teams, its like playing against the D league team of that particular franchise. The Lakers bench constantly beats the Lakers starters at practice. Does that mean the Lakers bench is better? No. It just means they try harder in a scenario where the final score does not mean anything.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 09:55 PM
^Ha Ha Ha.

Hey if some friend and me played the Lakers, they woulndt take us seriously and we would play our hardest to Brag after i we won that game.

Would it be an excuse for us to win the game? I dont think so .

In fact would it be an excuse for us even making one basket? come on!!!!

Beno7500
10-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Preseason

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Some Facts the first times American teams played euro teams was in the 80s, the Bucks, the Celtics and the Nuggets, and their average victories were 40+ ones.

It was preseason too back then.

Bad excuse......

lakers4sho
10-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Raptors beat CSKA Moscow after being down by 9
Magic DOMINATED CSKA Moscow by around 30 points

I mean, battle European teams against legit playoff contenders, the result wouldn't even be a question.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 10:23 PM
^ Sorryy didnt i mention that point in my post?. #3

Lakers are the Subchampions.

So if they lose your excuse isnt valid :)

lakers4sho
10-18-2008, 10:27 PM

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193040487695/1202729440897/noticia/Noticia/104-103.htm

As you can see in recent times Nba teams have not been that sucesfull when they have faced FIba teams, i should also add Benetton Defeating Raptors or Cska defeating Clippers and Maccaby defeating ... i dont remeber who.

This series of defeats have make Mr Stern decide not to allow Euro teams to play in home soil against Usa teams, to avoid an image degradation, so this year the Europe Live has consisted in Nba teams facing each other in Euro Arenas.

But he has also alowed FC Barcelona to play two matches in L.A the first on them is tonight against The Lakers.

OK, so after the Redeem team everything is supossed to be into place again and Nba supremacy should be unmatchable so Lakers Should win the game by 30 + Points.

But what if it isnt that way? what if they have to sweat for the win? and if they lose??????

1 WE ARE OUT OF SHAPE and the euro teams are WELL into their seasons and in better Shape:

Not this time, the Olympics changed that, Lakers will play their first season game in a week and have been into camp for more than a month Now Barcelona has been playing together for the same amount of time and has only played 2 oficcial acb games so far.

Lakers havent added anybody that will play more than 10 minutes a game, except for Bynum who is not completely new, everybody except Pau knows how he plays, Barcelona has added 5 new Players including 3 of the starters.

Lakers are Nbas West Conference Winners and a top 3 record, Barcelona didnt Qualify for Euroleagues Final Four and was harrased in Spanish League Finals 3-0

This time Nba Rules will be applied, except for the three point line who will be an intermediate distance between Nba and Fiba ( Wich favours the americans because they will shoot closer while euros will shoot more far than they usually do)

THis time the Home team will be the NBA team and the Official will be a Nba official.

Kobe will rest a bit, but Navarro is recuperating from an Injury so he wont be playing the usual amount of Minutes neither.

7 We are tired from the Long trip by plane and the food here is not the one we are used to have i miss america:

OK now the ones out of Country , out of their own food and tired from the trip are the Euros.

So, after i have dismantled all of this Excuses do you agree that if Lakers dont dominate 30 + its a bad sign for Nba

.... I Wonder who will Hellcrooner Cheer today.... His Nba Team against his Acb Team....

lol come on dude, if you're gonna argue a point, don't use out of date sources.

The links you included were at least a year old...one of them even has FC Barcelona beating a Sixers team WITH Iverson.

I mean...come on now...

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM
I never said they were actual links

I just wanted to state that euro teams have been beating Nba teams recently, because if i gave no link many posters would say it was not true or they never heard about it.

Wich might even have been true since last year in the Oficial Program sheet of Nba europe Live it stated that Nba teams were Undefeated against euro teams, As you can see that was A LIE.

lakers4sho
10-18-2008, 10:36 PM
you gotta understand too that sometimes teams don't really play seriously in an exhibition game...most of the time they try to entertain the crowd.

heyman321
10-18-2008, 10:38 PM

No, because it's not like all five starters are giving 100% percent. Most preseason games have their bench playing the games anyways. You look too much into this. Nothing will happen, I have never seen a euro team brag even if it beats an NBA team, there will be no stories on the front page, maybe some stupid articles by internet bloggers, that's it.

SteveNash
10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
New York beat Boston yesterday.

Does this mean New York is a title contender now?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-19-2008, 12:53 AM
7 points? ridicule.

Tomorrow they will defeat Clippers.

LAKERS 24/7
10-19-2008, 12:55 AM
The game was not at all close as the score indicated. The gave us a scare in the 2nd quarter when our scrubs came in, but overall the game was never in doubt.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-19-2008, 01:04 AM
4 points sorry, even worst?

Never?

I saw a 3 point leade with 30 seconds left that scared the hell out of Phil.

Anyway the fact that NEVER in the game were the lakers 20 + is enough of a "shame"

Europe is catching up SOONER than Stern expected or Wanted.

lakers4sho
10-19-2008, 01:19 AM
whenever the Lakers regular rotation was playing, Lakers were up at least 10

whenever Philip inserts the scrubs (Walton, Mihm, Mbenga, Yue)...Barcelona came back

common sense, eh?

LAKERS 24/7
10-19-2008, 01:41 AM
The lead disappeared when Sun Yue was in the game, that's why the score differential was big.

Because Sun Who ****ing sucked tonight

Hellcrooner
10-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Thanks for spoliling me the Delayed Tv Game.......

I shouldnt have enterd PSd before watching it....