PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson: Kobe Still Looks Tired

JordansBulls
10-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Source: LATimes (http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers18-2008oct18,0,3963362.story)

"Kobe still looks to me like his legs might be a little bit tired," Jackson said. "So I constantly ask him if he wants to take a day off or if he needs a day off. I check in with him."

Bryant sat out a few practices the first week of training camp and was sidelined for the second part of Friday's practice after feeling a twinge in his back. He is not expected to miss preseason games tonight and Sunday at Staples Center.

Bryant's shot has been somewhat flat in preseason play. He is shooting 36% (nine for 25) in three exhibition games.

"That's all legs," Jackson said. "He's got to get his legs into it."

Nighthawk
10-18-2008, 06:52 PM
AWESOME NEWS....I hope Kobe was worn out in the Olympics...I hope he struggles this coming season...So many Laker fans think just because of Bynum the Lakers are a lock for the 1st seed and the NBA Finals...I hope they struggle..

Cuz we all know my celts will be there

JJ81
10-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Laker forum

JermanJaysFan
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
AWESOME NEWS....I hope Kobe was worn out in the Olympics...I hope he struggles this coming season...So many Laker fans think just because of Bynum the Lakers are a lock for the 1st seed and the NBA Finals...I hope they struggle..

I am never a fan of hearing negative news about a player's health. Sure this seems minor, but maybe its not.

horry1ur
10-18-2008, 07:33 PM

Wow! what has he ever done to you that makes you say this?

And whoa its not even the end of preseason and you already know the Celts will be in the finals? anything can happend dont get your hopes up too much...

still1ballin
10-18-2008, 07:39 PM

I hope the rays give the sox their ticket home tonight!

G-Funk
10-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Allhe needs to do is skip a few practice's

LAKERS 24/7
10-18-2008, 08:29 PM

Hating at its finest...

Even I'd rather face the Celts with them fully healthy than wish them to be injured. Makes the victory that much sweeter imo. Would you really be content beating a laker's team without its best player?

Vinny642
10-18-2008, 08:44 PM
come on JB, this should be in the Fakers forum man.

MTar786
10-18-2008, 08:49 PM

well, by u saying u hope we struggle is just a sign of ur fear for LA. i want boston at full health in the nba finals.. we have nothing to be scared of.. theyre great but theyre not as good as u may think. and btw ur such a hypocrite. 'so many laker fans think they'll be in the finals... we all know we will be there? .. ur not the smartest of people i must say

goku
10-18-2008, 09:06 PM
he has 12 days to rest they should just not play him in the remaining preseason games

Nighthawk
10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey man when it comes to the FINALS no one will be fully healthy...after 82 games and 3 consecutive 7 game series no team will be fully healthy....All i hear from LA fans is if we had Bynum wed never lose..If we had Bynum we would be Champs. Bynum This Bynum that i love em blah blah blah....Now i here Kobe is Tired or whatever./...GOOD....Hes not hurt...Its just funny, maybe u guys will never be healthy and this so called dynasty you are all expecting never even gets One chip...i hope the lakers struggle....Whats so wrong with that??

Bleeds Blue
10-18-2008, 10:34 PM

lol, mocking laker fans for thinking they are the favorites for the nba finals and you say the exact same thing about your team.

lame

G-Funk
10-18-2008, 11:11 PM
come on JB, this should be in the Fakers forum man.

I feel sorry for you, you go for the worst sports franshise', i've ever seen.

Beno7500
10-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Phil Jackson: Belongs in Laker forum

JordansBulls
10-19-2008, 01:04 AM
I just don't like the sound of this.

snickers
10-19-2008, 01:13 AM
funny you posted this jb. kobe had 28 points and 6stls tonight against fcb.

lakers4sho
10-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Kobe sure didn't look tired tonight.

k_vu
10-19-2008, 01:27 AM
28 points 10-14 6 steals.

LAKERS 24/7
10-19-2008, 01:32 AM
Kobe himself said that he is in the best shape he's ever been in his life. Then he came out and had the game he had tonight in which he played GREAT. Don't worry about it JB, he'll be fine.

JordansBulls
10-19-2008, 01:37 AM
Kobe himself said that he is in the best shape he's ever been in his life. Then he came out and had the game he had tonight in which he played GREAT. Don't worry about it JB, he'll be fine.

Well obviously you won't be extremely tired in preseason playing limited minutes.

What game was tonight? It says the Lakers don't play until the 21st?

LAKERS 24/7
10-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Well obviously you won't be extremely tired in preseason playing limited minutes.

What game was tonight? It says the Lakers don't play until the 21st?

Barcelona at staples. great game, lots of highlights, everyone in the rotation played great, chemistry excellent, everything clicked

arlubas
10-19-2008, 03:39 AM
I think all olympians should get a bigger time off of practices than the rest of the players. That is if their teams want to see them fresh during the regular season.

Teeboy1487
10-19-2008, 04:00 AM
What now Night Hawk. Kobe hit 28 tonight with no effort. I don't see you talking now. Before you hate, investigate.

Vinny642
10-19-2008, 12:40 PM
I feel sorry for you, you go for the worst sports franshise', i've ever seen.

Who?
Hornets- They have a Superstar, an All Star, and a potential All Star. A Great franchise.

Braves- They had the MOST straight playoff appearences with 14. But were banged up a little this year with injuries.

Seahawks- They have a 5 year straight playoff streak. They recently made a super bowl before being cheated in it, and now they injured.

Ducks- They recently won it all like 2 years ago, they are still a playoff team.

so wutcha talking bout?

_Sn1P3r_
10-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Kobe will be ready. He did well against FCB.

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 01:46 PM
lol, mocking laker fans for thinking they are the favorites for the nba finals and you say the exact same thing about your team.

lame

Not sure if ur unaware or not there pal but here in Boston we WIN titles...Redsox, Celtics, Pats, we get the job done.....

Nighthawk
10-19-2008, 01:49 PM
What now Night Hawk. Kobe hit 28 tonight with no effort. I don't see you talking now. Before you hate, investigate.

lol....What now??? I didnt make this thread....I just read an articl.e posted in it saying hes tired and i hope he is and the lakers suck...I dont think that will be the case. Damn....I hate the lakers...Theres plenty of teams in all sports i hate..When posting on here though you tend to see homerism towards the Lakers at its finest.....Gets annoying...Hey im just being honest if the lakers struggled it would make me happy. :D

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Not sure if ur unaware or not there pal but here in Boston we WIN titles...Redsox, Celtics, Pats, we get the job done.....

Come on now. How can someone be so cocky with one team being the Red Sox, who were known for losing right there with the Cubs. Almost 100 years between championships. The Celtics won for the first time in 20 years. The Patriots just got beat by the Giants to choke away a perfect season. The Boston area has had a very good run lately. But to act like you guys have never struggled and its a lock for that area to win everything is absurd.

LakersOrNothing
10-19-2008, 02:21 PM

CONGRATS! :clap:

lakers4sho
10-19-2008, 02:43 PM
lol....What now??? I didnt make this thread....I just read an articl.e posted in it saying hes tired and i hope he is and the lakers suck...I dont think that will be the case. Damn....I hate the lakers...Theres plenty of teams in all sports i hate..When posting on here though you tend to see homerism towards the Lakers at its finest.....Gets annoying...Hey im just being honest if the lakers struggled it would make me happy. :D

then enjoy it as much as you can...another 20 years of mediocrity coming up...

crazygolucky
10-19-2008, 02:53 PM
NBA 2K9 PSD LEAGUE

CELTICS

C-K.Koufos/J.Petro/P. O'Bryant
PF-K.Garnett/S.May/B. Scalabrine
SF-P. Pierce/D. Miles/A.Morrison
SG-G.Wallace/A.Kirilenko/B.Walker
PG-R. Rondo/C.Quinn/

I dont think Andre Kirilenko is a SG, btw those girls on your page are busted.

Bleeds Blue
10-19-2008, 05:49 PM

is there a jacking off smiley???

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I just don't like the sound of this.

Phil is the best coach in basketball and he knows how to manage a guy like Kobe's minutes. I think he will rest him more during the season, Kobe may only play 35 to 38 minutes a game. LA has a deep team, Kobe will be fine. Both he and D. Fish will get adequate rest and be ready for our playoff run.

ARMIN12NBA
10-19-2008, 07:27 PM

I'm not sure if you have any knowledge, but the city of Los Angeles has more titles than Boston...(Lakers-14, Dodgers-6, Raiders-1, Sparks-2, Galaxy- 1, USC/UCLA- too many to count...around 200 and something combined though).

Hawkeye15
10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
so, let him rest for a couple weeks. Tell him to come in, lift some weights, shoot around, and chill. How hard is that?

cmellofan15
10-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm not sure if you have any knowledge, but the city of Los Angeles has more titles than Boston...(Lakers-14, Dodgers-6, Raiders-1, Sparks-2, Galaxy- 1, USC/UCLA- too many to count...around 200 and something combined though).

Oakland Raiders? How about Los Angeles Avengers? LOL But you can't count Oakland even if it's only one.

But recently Boston's been doing better than LA

And since we're currently in the NBA forum let's talk about the Celtic's 17 titles. But the baseball team is doing better also. 7 Titles, 12 AL pennants. And the football team w/ 3 Super Bowls. Boston doesn't really focus on college football so that's the only thing LA has over them except the WNBA team (Boston doesn't have a WNBA team do they?)

Bleeds Blue
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
why wouldnt oakland count just because it's only 1?

i agree that boston has been doing better recently but he was talking as if la had never won anything

LeBrowns
10-19-2008, 10:17 PM

lakers have a better chance at getting back than the celtics do

cmellofan15
10-19-2008, 10:31 PM
lakers have a better chance at getting back than the celtics do

How do you figure when the Lakers didn't get any better. (and don't use that "we didn't have Bynum so we couldn't take them to seven like the Hawks did" bull sh**

KeithLBC
10-20-2008, 12:13 AM
How do you figure when the Lakers didn't get any better. (and don't use that "we didn't have Bynum so we couldn't take them to seven like the Hawks did" bull sh**

I just understood why your throwing your 2 cents in, the Lakers swept the nuggets, so you jumped on the bandwagon like most of the other Celtics fans

How exactly did the celtics really improve? By picking up an injury prone darius miles, and letting posey go? The Lakers have just as good of a chance as the Celtics do, you just want to talk *****.

x_notorious
10-20-2008, 12:18 AM
The Lakers should just sit him out the rest of the preseason and get ready for the opener on the 28th. There is no real use for him paying these games.

Kabowdos
10-20-2008, 12:25 AM
Kobe just had a huge game.

Bleeds Blue
10-20-2008, 12:46 AM

and why not? cuz you said so?

nothing but a blind hater

LAKERS 24/7
10-20-2008, 01:31 AM
and why not? cuz you said so?

nothing but a blind hater

Seriously man, how can you say we didn't improve when Bynum came back? No matter how much you hate the guy, you have to admit adding him would without a doubt make a difference for the positive.

ARMIN12NBA
10-20-2008, 01:39 AM

Why not? Adding a 13 and 10 center, even if he is overrated, makes ANY team better. Not to mention a 7 and 4 small forward in Ariza and a 6 and 5 PF/C in Powell. Also, the Lakers have Lamar Odom off the bench. Their bench is absolutely amazing. They just scored 69 points on the Raptors. Farmar, Ariza, and LO are amazing on the fast-break and wreak havoc on the defensive end with their knack for steals and their length. The Lakers got better. The Celtics got worse.

Lakersfan2483
10-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Top championship contenders this year:

Boston, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Antonio, New Oreans and Houston.

cmellofan15
10-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I just understood why your throwing your 2 cents in, the Lakers swept the nuggets, so you jumped on the bandwagon like most of the other Celtics fans

How exactly did the celtics really improve? By picking up an injury prone darius miles, and letting posey go? The Lakers have just as good of a chance as the Celtics do, you just want to talk *****.

Like OMG Jessica did you become a Laker's fan just to try to fit in on this forum? It's ok to be yourself girl! And do the Celtics have to improve if the Lakers weren't as good as them before? Oh maybe you want them to sweep the Lakers. If I wanted to talk sh** I would tell you how you how soft Pau Gasol is and how he got absolutely DOMINATED by Kg. Or maybe I would tell you how the Hawks put up more games against the Champs than the Lakers did. Or how Shaq put up virtually the same numbers as Bynum and isn't projected to be the best player ever by his fans. I would love for Kobe to come back to Colorado just tell him to not rape any girls while he's here.

ARMIN12NBA
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Like OMG Jessica did you become a Laker's fan just to try to fit in on this forum? It's ok to be yourself girl! And do the Celtics have to improve if the Lakers weren't as good as them before? Oh maybe you want them to sweep the Lakers. If I wanted to talk sh** I would tell you how you how soft Pau Gasol is and how he got absolutely DOMINATED by Kg. Or maybe I would tell you how the Hawks put up more games against the Champs than the Lakers did. Or how Shaq put up virtually the same numbers as Bynum and isn't projected to be the best player ever by his fans. I would love for Kobe to come back to Colorado just tell him to not rape any girls while he's here.

Gasol got dominated by KG? KG shot 42% from the field and struggled mightily on offense...

Bynum puts up slightly better numbers...True. He is also 16 years younger. A 36 year old putting up 13 and 9 as a starter is nice, but when a 20 year old is putting up 15 and 11 as a starter, then it is something to take a look at. He isn't even close to his prime, which is about 6-7 years from now. That is why Laker fans are excited. If Bynum was 36-37 years old then we wouldn't care because those are his last days. The fact that he is 20 means he has a LOT more to offer.

iluvsports2much
10-20-2008, 05:10 PM

why would you want kobe to go to colorado?to teach carmello and ai how to shoot a basketball?

RapsGuy23
10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Hummm, this thread should be in the Lakers forum. Although with that number of Laker fans on this site i'm not sure there's any point. Kobe will be Kobe come regular season. If the Lakers can remain healthy they'll be a tough tough team to beat.

AtlFANATIC
10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
One has to wonder as many minutes as he has played over the last 7 seasons, he is bound to get seriously hurt at some point based on the law of averages. I hope he doesn't but this does stand for argument.

KeithLBC
10-20-2008, 08:03 PM

Oh, did I hurt someone's feelings. I'm sooo sorry :p

You're probably 15, like your name states, but I'll try to explain anyways...

If you're going to make stupid posts like this, at least get your facts straight. KG didn't dominate anyone in the Lakers series, except for his big game 6. As for the Celtics not having to get better, that's a ridiculous statement. The Raptors, Cavs, Magic, and Pistons have all improved in the east, so to assume they don't need to get better just because they won last year is ridiculous.

The Celtics very well might be the team to beat this year, as they were last year, but the Lakers aren't exactly as finished as you make them out to be.

So what if the Hawks won more games against the Celtics, they didn't win, just like the Lakers didn't, and that's what counts.

Shaq is on the downside of his career and we already have seen what he was capable of. Bynum still has a lot of upside, and despite his stats from last year, he made the other team alter their style of play because he was playing. The altering of shots, and keeping people out of the key are stats that don't show up, so for us as Lakers fans to expect alot of of him, in my opinion is warranted. Not to mention, he was having a great statistical month the last month he played.

The Lakers beat the Spurs last year, but yet the Cavs couldn't win a single game against them the previous year in the finals. Like the Hawks, the Cavs also won more games against the Celtics in last years playoffs. See where this is going. You can't compare one series to another when the matchups are completely different. Then again, I don't really expect you to understand so I'm not sure why I'm explaining myself anyways.

For future reference, I suggest you read the last line in my sig :D