PDA

View Full Version : Bostonís Big Three not satisfied with one title

JordansBulls
10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Source: The Chronicle Herald (http://thechronicleherald.ca/Sports/1085333.html)

One turn at the top of the NBA wasnít going to make Kevin Garnett forget all those years on the bottom.

And he canít believe that people would think otherwise.

So when Garnett heard the theory that he, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen couldnít possibly be as driven now as they were before finally winning their first NBA title, he wondered if the skeptics had been paying attention all along.

"Hmm, they donít know us that well then, huh?" Garnett said recently.

With that, Garnett made it clear: Bostonís Big Three, and the rest of their teammates, arenít satisfied with one championship. Anybody who wants to take the title from the Celtics wonít get it without a fight.

Lindystud36
10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
hmmmm sounds like they want to win
plus who is going to say yea take my title

Nighthawk
10-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Thats what i dont understand about people...Lots have said they wont be as driven....WHY...KG played with major intensity even during crappy losing seasons in Minny.. You think with a championship caliber team he is going to not be intense. This team will be the same as last year. They may win a few less game...But they will be the 1 seed and be damn hard to eliminate out of the playoffs.

heyman321
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM
hmmmm sounds like they want to win
plus who is going to say yea take my title

The Miami Heat did. Hahhaha

LAKERS 24/7
10-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I highly doubt there going to come out and say "Yea we're satisfied with one title, now we're just going to go through he motions and play without intensity"

This shouldn't be a surprise, or news

MTar786
10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
well, theyre going to have to be satisfied with one.. unless bynum goes down again

Nighthawk
10-18-2008, 09:21 PM
well, theyre going to have to be satisfied with one.. unless bynum goes down again

my point exactly

cmellofan15
10-18-2008, 09:27 PM
LOL Bynum...

Beno7500
10-18-2008, 09:49 PM
They are cocky

JordansBulls
10-19-2008, 01:44 AM

What happens when healthy and they lose? Then what?

LAKERS 24/7
10-19-2008, 01:51 AM
What happens when healthy and they lose? Then what?

We'll see IF that time ever comes

barreleffact
10-19-2008, 02:07 AM
is anyone really surprised about this? even if you win every game every season, you will still want more at that level.

Antbanks21
10-19-2008, 02:53 AM
no one is satisfied with just one ring...

Cleveland could take their place in the finals.

KeithLBC
10-19-2008, 04:10 AM
why isn't this in the Celtics forum?

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2008, 05:02 AM
I expect nothing less from KG as the leader of the Celtics, you have to respect this man's passion for the game. I want them to be at full-strength and passionate this year, it makes it more satisfying when they are beaten this year.

I definitely think Boston are the favorites, they are the champs until someone knocks them out. I believe Cleveland will pull the upset and beat them this year. I just feel like Lebron and Co. are better with the addition of M. Williams and that they have the personnel to matchup with the Celtics.

JayW_1023
10-19-2008, 05:07 AM
I don't think the Cavs will be that much better. Mo Williams is erratic on offense and a scrub on defense. I prefer Delonte West...much better defender, more versatile and much better decisionmaking too.

Mo Williams should be used for what he does best...shoot the ball. LBJ should still handle the ball most of the time because he sees the floor better than anyone else on that team. Williams is essentially a SG in the body of a PG.

As for the Celtics...if they show Darius Miles, Bill Walker, Gabe Pruitt and Tony Allen film of James Posey everyday...I think their defense will not miss much of a beat. They are still the team to beat.

TMAC94
10-19-2008, 06:45 AM
there not gonna get it obiviously,

Lakers and Houston will be giving them a run for there money im sure of it, but i know houston is gonna take it

Faneik
10-19-2008, 07:16 AM
there not gonna get it obiviously,

Lakers and Houston will be giving them a run for there money im sure of it, but i know houston is gonna take it

1. "Lakers and Houston" --> choose one, it can't be both.

2. "I know houston is gonna take it" --> so you should go to pinnacle sports and bet everything you have. But you should wait for McGrady and/or Ming injuries b/c then the odds will be a lot higher.

codes238
10-19-2008, 09:15 AM
1. "Lakers and Houston" --> choose one, it can't be both.

2. "I know houston is gonna take it" --> so you should go to pinnacle sports and bet everything you have. But you should wait for McGrady and/or Ming injuries b/c then the odds will be a lot higher.

hahahaha

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-19-2008, 07:30 PM
rockets vs celtics in the finals

LakersOrNothing
10-19-2008, 08:06 PM
who in the right mind would be happy with one title? pretty stupid statement.. no kidding they're going to try for another.. i don't think they needed to put out a statement like that when it's pretty obvious anyone who has a chance at a title would of course want as many as they can get..

common sense

MiamiHeat
10-19-2008, 08:12 PM
The Miami Heat did. Hahhaha

hahahhahahaha
your hilarioussssss funnyyyyyyyy..........
.................:rolleyes:

AntiG
10-20-2008, 12:04 AM
We'll see IF that time ever comes

Soft teams don't win championships. And this bunch of Lakers are as soft as the league has to offer Bynum or no Bynum.

RapsGuy23
10-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Big surprise....I think not. Of course they want to win more rings. LAL, HOU, and NO are all going to be better this year. So are the Cavs, Raps and Sixers. The Celtics have made no off season acquisitions and they lost James Posey. I don't think they'll repeat.

Sevilla91
10-20-2008, 12:45 AM
t-suck is already having health issuses, they should rest yao till the all-star break, your only going to get 40 games out of him, why no it the the 40 that accually count????

rockets will be a low seed this year.

as for the lakers, they have a good chance IF bynum lives up to his hype, which is a big if when playing with ko(cant win w/o another good player)be.

i like the celtics to be back in finals. teams that could give them a run will be the pistons and magic, sorry lebron fans, he wont get it done in clevland. Get some real players to play with him, not other teams outcasts.

i like the celtics and hornets this year and hornets to win. (all predictions are subject to change)