PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Guys Think Of The Knicks ?

carlo
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
The knicks are a totally changed team under D'antoni. They have played Toronto, Celtics and 76ers twice and all games have been competetive.

Not much has changed personnel wise .... only the addition of Duhon and our draft pick Danillo Gallanari who's been injured.

Do you guys think the knicks could compete this year ?

b_rad23
10-18-2008, 05:01 PM
No. I think they need to rebuild but they refuse to.

Beno7500
10-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe for 8th seed

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-18-2008, 05:12 PM
agree ^

Kaptain Kanada
10-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Knicks = Junk

sacgiants1213
10-18-2008, 05:16 PM
dumpin isiah was first step towards the right direction. they got too long to go before they will be relevant again.

carlo
10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
No. I think they need to rebuild but they refuse to.

They refused to under isiah ...... under Walsh the Knicks refused to get suckered into bad deals in the offseason. Walsh bit his tongue and gambled that D'Antoni could build the value of some of their players back up.

After 4 pre season games the consensus among most knick fans is that the strategy might work. With a higher trade value our players can probably fetch more draft picks in return in the future for a more organized rebuild down the road.

Sox Appeal
10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
They refused to under isiah ...... under Walsh the Knicks refused to get suckered into bad deals in the offseason. Walsh bit his tongue and gambled that D'Antoni could build the value of some of their players back up.

I doubt it. D'Antoni's going to want to run an up tempo offense, and there's only a few players on the Knicks roster capable of running that offense. (Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari)

laker1000
10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
i dont think they will make the playoffs if they arnt making any major trades

Sox Appeal
10-18-2008, 05:30 PM
i dont think they will make the playoffs if they arnt making any major trades

I'm not sure who they could make a major trade with. The Knicks spent pretty much the entire offseason trying to trade Zach Randolph, and Eddie Curry, but there wasn't a team in the NBA interested in either player. With good reason. IF The Knicks where to make a "major trade" I'm sure the trade would have to involve Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, or Gallinari, and I'm sure the Knicks have all 3 of those players labeled untouchable.

carlo
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I doubt it. D'Antoni's going to want to run an up tempo offense, and there's only a few players on the Knicks roster capable of running that offense. (Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari)

Believe it or not Zach Randolph is playing very well in the uptempo system. Also Nate Robinson is a natural and Marbury has been fitting in well coming off the bench. Jared Jeffries was an indicated starting center by D'Antoni before his injury.

In fact everyone seems adjusted to D'Antoni's system except Crawford and Curry. Crawford should be alright, but Curry came into camp way outta shape and is having difficulties.

ink
10-18-2008, 05:36 PM
They looked better in the one game I've seen in the pre-season than they did last year. D'Antoni will improve the club. They have talent. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but they'll be much more competitive last year. It was a complete horror show last year for them and now that they've changed management, they should be much better.

Giaps
10-18-2008, 05:38 PM
What about Nate Robinson?

And Randolph is putting up 18 and 10 right now and he's being very unselfish. If he keeps that up then his value should go up by the deadline (his contract is also shorter).

carlo
10-18-2008, 05:47 PM
I think the knicks have a shot at a 7th or 8th seed. You must watch them play before commenting based on their previous sucky years. D'Antoni saw something in the roster and has organized it. It appears he's utilizing the talent that's there. Something isiah was incapable of doing.

ink
10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
I think the knicks have a shot at a 7th or 8th seed. You must watch them play before commenting based on their previous sucky years. D'Antoni saw something in the roster and has organized it. It appears he's utilizing the talent that's there. Something isiah was incapable of doing.

A 7th or 8th seed is totally possible.

jimbobjarree
10-18-2008, 08:07 PM
well now they actually have a head coach and not a clown in charge they may be able to play some decent basketball this season...dont hold your breath though.

and I hope they suck in 2010....we have their 1st!!!!

LAKERS 24/7
10-18-2008, 08:48 PM
They have the talent to make the playoffs, but can they put it all together is the question.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-18-2008, 09:31 PM
We fell so deep behind that is going to be tough to recover, we need a series of consecutive succesfull decisions to go back to our former selves.

They first should be Wait to February to release Marbury, you never know what a 20 million bucks expirings can bring you.....

jimbobjarree
10-18-2008, 09:36 PM
AK47?

that would be sweet

Weezy
10-18-2008, 10:52 PM
I still dont think we will make the playoffs but I know we will improve as a team and build up our young players as the season goes on.

GiantYankKnicks
10-18-2008, 11:03 PM
We will def be improved with a real coach who knows how to use players right.I think we can snag the 8th seed but as long as we improve and show promise thats all that matters

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-18-2008, 11:16 PM
A lot of these people haven't even seen the Knicks play so don't rely on a bunch of them since they still think this team is with Isiah.

Zefflin
10-18-2008, 11:17 PM
They have the talent to make the playoffs, but can they put it all together is the question.

The answer is no.

Newport05
10-18-2008, 11:23 PM
I look at the knicks like, i look at my turds after 4 volcano tacos with extra fire sauce.

GiantYankKnicks
10-18-2008, 11:33 PM
I look at the knicks like, i look at my turds after 4 volcano tacos with extra fire sauce.

:rolleyes:

SensandRaps
10-18-2008, 11:44 PM
i think at max the knicks could get 7th seed. what i dont get is y do ppl think knicks are bad. i mean most of thier problems were cuz of isiah and the had bad karma and chemistry in the locker room. but if u look at thier roster thier not that bad of a team. i agree with the person who said the knicks have to rebuild. Now with D'antoni as their coach he will use their talents properly build up trade value for players and in 2 years max they will be a contending team. ps on a side note recovering from the isiah crisis can take a while be patent knick fans when isiah was with the raps we had to deal with this too.

AtlFANATIC
10-18-2008, 11:54 PM
The knicks start of normalcy came with Thomas's departure. Once they get done paying Allan Houston in 2010 the remaining 37 mil he is owed, they might be OK. Oh wait....when does Jerome James's contract expire??? lol

Draco
10-19-2008, 03:25 AM
The Knicks need to finish cleaning house. I also can't imagine any of these players being able to increase their trade value. Can they compete? Maybe.. if Dantoni can rally them around some artificial goal like Isiah did the year that the Bulls had their draft pick. Maybe it was the 9th to last game of the season.. they won against the Magic and had a celebration at half court because they had tentatively made the playoffs. Of course they fell out of the playoff race that year.. those are the same Knicks on this years team. With the addition of Zach. Bottom line is they're losers whose trade value is essentially locked at whatever it is currently.

arlubas
10-19-2008, 03:41 AM
Hopefully the good appearances for them in the preseason continue during the regular season as well. I sure hope they do cause as a long time Knicks fan I would like to see such a storied franchise get back to being relevant again. Team has been so bad and hopeless the past few seasons that I haven't felt like dealing with them since forever. And I don't mean that in the sense that they weren't getting Ws therefor they weren't intriguing because the Hawks didn't collect wins for the past 4 seasons (except for last year) but I still enjoyed watching them play. The Knicks on the other hand have been a trainwreck for far too long and didn't show you any light at the end of the tunnel either.

Hopefully D'Antoni can return us to relevance again.

DamnGoat
10-19-2008, 04:20 AM
Are they planning on using the same system D'Antoni used in PHX?

If so, then no I don't see them competing. Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph would keel over and die having to do that every game. They don't really have the personnel for that type of run and gun style.

If they go to more of a slow down Offense then maybe since they have 2 big bodies that can score in the post and some decent perimeter players. They have talent, but it's been a poor mix for several years now. Maybe it'll finally gel, maybe it'll suck again...who knows honestly?

The bottom half of the East is wide open (assuming BOS, DET, ORL and CLE are at the top), so anything can happen. You have about 10 teams fighting for the other 4 spots.

arlubas
10-19-2008, 04:50 AM
Are they planning on using the same system D'Antoni used in PHX?

If so, then no I don't see them competing. Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph would keel over and die having to do that every game. They don't really have the personnel for that type of run and gun style.

If they go to more of a slow down Offense then maybe since they have 2 big bodies that can score in the post and some decent perimeter players. They have talent, but it's been a poor mix for several years now. Maybe it'll finally gel, maybe it'll suck again...who knows honestly?

The bottom half of the East is wide open (assuming BOS, DET, ORL and CLE are at the top), so anything can happen. You have about 10 teams fighting for the other 4 spots.
Eddy Curry is gonna seriously see limited minutes the way I see it under D'Antoni with Lee getting a bucketload of them due to him being athletic and fast. Randolph, even though he ain't the prototypical D'Antoni player, could be productive if the right plays are called for him and would be a solid player even in a run and gun system imo. But Curry is a no effort bum that should be thrown out whenever given the chance. Talk about unfulfilled potential...

JayW_1023
10-19-2008, 05:20 AM
Eddy Curry should stop impersonating Shawn Kemp.

Chronz
10-19-2008, 05:33 AM
I hate the entire makeup of the team, I always laughed when I heard people say the Knicks have all the talent but cant win. They dont have alot of talent, if they did they wouldnt be so sorry. Ive heard of talented teams underachieving but to be as bad as the Knicks have been you cant be that talented.

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
I have watched a few of the Knicks preseason games this year, they seem to be playing better with D'antoni as the coach. It would be great to see the Knicks return back to a respectable franchise.

I don't think they will make the playoffs this year, unless they get rid of some their over-paid players. They need to get rid of Zach Randolph.

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Trade Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph, both are a waste of money and talent.

Trouble87
10-19-2008, 11:00 AM
The Knicks look good in preseason but they use starters for 30+ mins when most teams rest their stars. They are basically beating B squads...

I like almost every guy on the team but they just dont work together. Every time I start to see something I like about the Knicks they make a move in the opposite direction. I see them contending for a playoff spot but not getting one. If they do its only because the east is weak.

Curry isnt a complete waste of talent & money he gave us his best career season in 06-07 (19.5 ppg & 7.0 rbg). But he does need to be traded now that the Knicks are trying to go uptempo.

SensandRaps
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM

ok now tell me which team right now will trade for them and give the knicks a decent deal

MOHA
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Knicks are going to The Playoffs this year.

UofA
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Bottom three in the east

Raps08-09 Champ
10-19-2008, 06:20 PM
D'Antonie Plays an 8-9 rotation and the main players are going to be used are Lee, Crawford, Gallanari, Chandler, Duhon, Robinson, Richardson

Zach, Curry, Marbury are probably on the block

I think that the main players aren't good enigh to go 82 games in D'Antonies system.

They wouldn't make the same impact as Nash, Stoudimire, Barbosa, etc

Only one that could probably score are Robinson, Crawford and Lee and thats not enough

They need to make a couple of moves before they can be a lock in the playoffs but they have a chance this year

Lakersfan2483
10-19-2008, 06:34 PM
ok now tell me which team right now will trade for them and give the knicks a decent deal

Trade Randolph for some future draft picks and a solid power forward off of another team's bench. They are already in the rebuilding process, why not get some future draft picks for Randolph. D'antoni plays a different stye of basketball that is not conducive to they style that both Randolph and Curry play.

As far as E. Curry, I am sure they can find someone for him. A lot of teams are in need of a decent backup center. It's all about rebuilding for the Knicks and getting rid of the players that don't fit.

SensandRaps
10-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Trade Randolph for some future draft picks and a solid power forward off of another team's bench. They are already in the rebuilding process, why not get some future draft picks for Randolph. D'antoni plays a different stye of basketball that is not conducive to they style that both Randolph and Curry play.

As far as E. Curry, I am sure they can find someone for him. A lot of teams are in need of a decent backup center. It's all about rebuilding for the Knicks and getting rid of the players that don't fit.

no one is gonna give draft picks and a solid forward for randolph. also ppl are trying to make the knicks get suckered into a bad deal which would affect their 2010 spending spree.

carlo
10-19-2008, 08:47 PM

You are exactly right. Randolph had no trade value coming off last season. In fact no one except David Lee had any trade vaue coming off last season. If D'Antoni can get guys like Randolph, Crawford and Curry to play a decent game within his system they can be used as chips to bring in future draft picks.

The Knicks are actually playing very good ball right now. Can they do this over an 82 game season ? I guess we'll find out. But regardless .... the initial plan is to build value back in the talent the knicks possess, so they can continue to rebuild. The Knicks have some good young talent in Chandler and Robinson. And Duhon was a good stop gap pick up for two years. These guys sprinkled in with the other talent plus the genius of D'Antoni could make believers out of some of you's this year.

IBleedPurple
10-20-2008, 05:08 AM
they will be improved, and a bunch of college players could make the 8th seed in the East if they play as a team, so anything is possible

tru
10-20-2008, 06:03 AM
when i think of the knicks i think of prostitutes.............THEY SUCK

tru
10-20-2008, 06:10 AM
they will be improved, and a bunch of college players could make the 8th seed in the East if they play as a team, so anything is possible

you obviously know nothing about the NBA....................

DETROIT
ORLANDO
BOSTON
CLEVELAND
MIAMI
ATLANTA
PHILLY
TORONTO
CHICAGO.............................could all very easily make the playoffs

MOHA
10-20-2008, 06:46 AM
when i think of the knicks i think of prostitutes.............THEY SUCK

They suck because Isiah Thomas screwed our whole Franchise up. This was once a Great Team in The NBA. Now with Mike Dantoni and Donnie Walsh hopefully we can be a respectable team again.

Giaps
10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Most people ripping them probably haven't even watched them play. Mose people still think Eddy Curry is the starter... No use even asking until they get some wins.

$ NyC $
10-20-2008, 11:58 AM

DETROIT
ORLANDO
BOSTON
CLEVELAND
MIAMI
ATLANTA
PHILLY
TORONTO

YOU obviously know nothing about the NBA..

Miami and Atlanta going 5 and 6?! Boston being 3rd?

MIAMI 5TH?!

Aapox
10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
You have too many selfish players on your team. Unless they can learn to play selflessly (good luck teaching Z-bo this, maybe Crawford and Curry can learn), they have very little chance to win a lot of games.

jimbobjarree
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I doubt we see anything good from the Knicks this season...and Gallinari to the d league will just anger knicks fans more with their selection

RapsGuy23
10-20-2008, 12:36 PM

DETROIT
ORLANDO
BOSTON
CLEVELAND
MIAMI
ATLANTA
PHILLY
TORONTO

What??? Excuse me??? Is this a joke??? I know that its all speculation but I think you're completely off base. Seriously though, is this a joke?

The Knicks will be better this season under D'antoni but still have a lot of rebuilding to do. They need to get rid of Steph, he's a cancer. If they're able to establish some sort of chemistry they could surprise and grab the 8th seed in the East. Its hard to believe though given the way they performed last season (or for the last 5 seasons for that matter) and the lack of roster changes made in the offseason.

tru
10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
What??? Excuse me??? Is this a joke??? I know that its all speculation but I think you're completely off base. Seriously though, is this a joke?

The Knicks will be better this season under D'antoni but still have a lot of rebuilding to do. They need to get rid of Steph, he's a cancer. If they're able to establish some sort of chemistry they could surprise and grab the 8th seed in the East. Its hard to believe though given the way they performed last season (or for the last 5 seasons for that matter) and the lack of roster changes made in the offseason.

it wasnt in order and i didnt say the knicks didnt have a chance to make the playoffs...of course they do the other guy said theres not 8 playoff teams in the east so i just named off 8 teams in the east that will probably nake the playoffs

Missing56&33
10-20-2008, 06:24 PM
The knicks are a totally changed team under D'antoni. They have played Toronto, Celtics and 76ers twice and all games have been competetive.

Not much has changed personnel wise .... only the addition of Duhon and our draft pick Danillo Gallanari who's been injured.

Do you guys think the knicks could compete this year ?

agreed, and we have a rising star in Wilson Chandler