PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Complaints

mac scootch
10-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Mike Nolan and his inability to coach a team.

Mike Nolan and his meddling of all the plays.

Mike Nolan and his stupid Big Sub defense.

JTO and his dumb mistakes.

Vernon Davis not getting thrown to in the flat/on screens.

But I really have a problem with the 1st three. Especially the defense. We are supposed to run a 3-4. We don't have the line for it, but we do have some crazy linebackers. How is it so hard to be aggressive on D? Seriously. We have pretty damn good corners and hard hitting Safeties. Trust them! Bring the heat. Rush 5-6 guys.

Our MLBs are good enough to stuff the run if the back were running to them and our OLBs are quick and strong. We have Green, Lawson, Haralson and Banta-Cain (I can't believe I mentioned him.), so why not mix up the blitz packages?

Even if we get beat on D by "the big play," Nolan should have confidence in Martz' offense to come back and score right back.

No matter how dumb Nolan is, no matter how stupid his callenges are and no matter how much he sucks at game management, we can win if we run a true 3-4 D.

DownSouth49er
10-12-2008, 03:33 AM

But I really have a problem with the 1st three. Especially the defense. We are supposed to run a 3-4. We don't have the line for it, but we do have some crazy linebackers. How is it so hard to be aggressive on D? Seriously. We have pretty damn good corners and hard hitting Safeties. Trust them! Bring the heat. Rush 5-6 guys.

Our MLBs are good enough to stuff the run if the back were running to them and our OLBs are quick and strong. We have Green, Lawson, Haralson and Banta-Cain (I can't believe I mentioned him.), so why not mix up the blitz packages?

Even if we get beat on D by "the big play," Nolan should have confidence in Martz' offense to come back and score right back.

No matter how dumb Nolan is, no matter how stupid his callenges are and no matter how much he sucks at game management, we can win if we run a true 3-4 D.

thank you scootch...this is what I said in one of my other post...the defense has the build to be a base 3-4 and nolan needs to stop with the 3-4, 4-3 hybrid crap...finally someone else is on the same page as i am when it comes to our 3-4...run the 3-4, move sopoaga back to his natural position of DT, smith is flexible and has played LE while in Cincy, move him there and move mcdonald to RE...give manny one side, and haralson the other and see how it works out...and with spikes and pwillis in the middle the D will be set in my opinion...oh and take roman out and add goldson...go with that D the rest of the season as starters, and kick nolan's azz everytime he thinks about running the nickel the whole game

bornFrisco49er
10-12-2008, 04:43 AM
i agree with both of u..thats why weve been drafting and resigning guys for that 3-4..its a waste if we dont use them..our front 7 is solid if it were setup right..parys, spikes, willis, lawson(however he is hurt right now; doubtful sunday)..than ray mac, sopoaga, smith..my biggest concern is our safeties..i love michael lewis but in all reality he isnt hot in coverage..great in the box and against the run ,but him roman, and even goldson have not proven much in coverage much this year..walt harris is done soon IMO, and nate needs to press and stop that zone BS. playing to his advantages/best attributes and the safeties off/deep..because we know nate can come in and help stop the run..

mex49er
10-12-2008, 07:17 AM
I love this blog ... and all the exchanges ... and I definitely agree with all of you guys...
but ... they (the coaches) are not gonna get us...

so .... lets still cheer .. we can be a playoff team dudes....
dont worry
I have hope on us

Darren5000
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
thank you scootch...this is what I said in one of my other post...the defense has the build to be a base 3-4 and nolan needs to stop with the 3-4, 4-3 hybrid crap...finally someone else is on the same page as i am when it comes to our 3-4...run the 3-4, move sopoaga back to his natural position of DT, smith is flexible and has played LE while in Cincy, move him there and move mcdonald to RE...give manny one side, and haralson the other and see how it works out...and with spikes and pwillis in the middle the D will be set in my opinion...oh and take roman out and add goldson...go with that D the rest of the season as starters, and kick nolan's azz everytime he thinks about running the nickel the whole game

Why does Nolan run that crap Nickel all game long? That's as dumb as the Raiders' 'Prevent' to 'seal a win.' I don't give a shyt about getting burned, do something else.

Vegasguy80
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
all these separate complaint threads about the same crap. Make one thread about complaining and use that. It's the same ****, different day on here!

rapjuicer06
10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
then stop reading them and *****ing about it

DownSouth49er
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
then stop reading them and *****ing about it

Exactly...vegasguy never responds to what is being said on these boards, he only signs on to see wat threads are made so he can say "stupid thread". So dumb

BadnewzNiners
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm tired of seeing nolan's lame *** in a suite every week. the greats who did it back in the day actually backed it up,they won how can you talk ***** about a coach wearing a suite who just kicked your butt. no, i see the niners getting worked and there's a pansy wearing a tie leading the way. he thinks dressing like that makes him ready for business in the nfl. armor plating is how you prepare yourself for the NFL. why is he even out the on the field i mean isn't he worried about getting his gators dirty

rapjuicer06
10-12-2008, 06:50 PM
what?

Raupie
10-12-2008, 07:20 PM
When are they going to fire Nolan? How many more games does he have to lose? How many more mistakes does he have to make? He misused the time outs today. Didn't challenge when he should. Challenged two times he shouldn't. What exaclty is he doing? He has an OC and DC to make the play calling... doesn't he have at least the time or responsibility to make good decisions on those things?

It is getting harder and harder to watch niners games these days...

country21
10-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Nolan needs to get fired asap. all the dumb challenges and timeout calls. today's game made me sick. he better be gone by the bye week at the latest, hopefully right after today's horrible game.

FNM BOY
10-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Fire nolan!!! He is a dumb a s s.

Tmac416
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
all these separate complaint threads about the same crap. Make one thread about complaining and use that. It's the same ****, different day on here!

im sick you trying to police people. get out of here if you dont like it. dont be bitter still cuz the pack came into vegas and gave a beatdown for the 4th year in a row

sanfranfan1210
10-12-2008, 11:21 PM
They need to fire nolan now

Mystic Niner
10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Tired of neg. thread when we lose, after the first 3 game and we were 2-1 I saw a lot of your on the JTO bandwagon, so give it a rest.... do i want to see a win, yes but thinking we were going to go 11-5 or 12-4 was just wrong to beginning with and you guys know it..

I would be happy at 8-8 after 6 years. Lets see were we stand at week 12. Maybe we will do a trade (accordingto these rumors) b4 tues to get better.... after all the whole team should be on the hotseat not one man

WillisLovechild
10-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I am more of a fan of the 4-3, but I just think we should pick one defense and run it, not mixing like he's doing right now. I don't really care anymore if it's a 3-4 or a 4-3, but just pick one and run it. But before we do that, FIRE NOLAN!

rapjuicer06
10-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Tired of neg. thread when we lose, after the first 3 game and we were 2-1 I saw a lot of your on the JTO bandwagon, so give it a rest.... do i want to see a win, yes but thinking we were going to go 11-5 or 12-4 was just wrong to beginning with and you guys know it..

I would be happy at 8-8 after 6 years. Lets see were we stand at week 12. Maybe we will do a trade (accordingto these rumors) b4 tues to get better.... after all the whole team should be on the hotseat not one man

we should be 5-1 or 4-2 right now, but stupid calls, stupid head coach, horrible qb play were 2-4....

Darren5000
10-13-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm sick of the same old horsecrap from JT as he is now morphing into Tim Rattay, the man who throws our game away by the 4th quarter. I want JT gone in 09 along with Mike Nolan! Except I want Nolan gone by Bye Week! FIRE NOLAN!

Darren5000
10-13-2008, 01:09 AM
This is what will cost us Santa Clara if we dont' fire Nolan and START REBUILDING ASAP! Yorks better get Mike Holmgren in some degree or the **** will hit the fan big time!

rapjuicer06
10-13-2008, 02:22 AM
do the yorks even watch the games? i mean i don't know whats worse...having owners that don't give two ***** about the team, or have an owner like Al Davis where he's too involved....the bay area for football is just embarrassing....

Darren5000
10-13-2008, 10:49 AM
do the yorks even watch the games? i mean i don't know whats worse...having owners that don't give two ***** about the team, or have an owner like Al Davis where he's too involved....the bay area for football is just embarrassing....

:clap:
Personally, the two ***** is very popular amongst York and Davis unfortunately. Davis doesn't give one for blackouts and the other in York keeps buying tickets to prevent one, but costs us great games. The Ari/Dal game makes me sick for that was such a better contest then the Bay Area contest! OVERTIME! Excitement? Geez, those must be bad words for the Bay Area when the 49ers have a home game and a 'sellout' behind it.

sportsnutzz
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM

No kidding I haven't been on in a while and wow there are a lot of threads all just complaining saying the same thing.

mac scootch
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM

Never did I expect we would be 12-4. But when you look back on games, we let the other team take us. We actually handed them the game.

The players are in place, Nolan just has no idea how to use them (more specifically on D). I was never a fan of JTO, but I said that I would support any QB we had as a starter...

And a trade won't work out, unless its for a lineman. Haynesworth would be nice to actually plug some holes. No way do we trade for a WR or any skill position for that matter.

KenTHEsfKING
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't get on here as much as i like and definitely not as much after we lose a game.

however, in defense of all these guys here i have to agree ... these are simple fundamental solutions we are all in agreement on. We are not throwing out crazy *** play desings or requesting they run a flea flicker each game. These are basic requests that any right minded coach would put into practice.

they are common sense solutions that just make fundamental fooball sense.

why our organization doesn't implement them is beyond us ...

despite having professional athletes out on the field is not enough ... (and sometimes saying this about the 9ers is a stretch) ... a good coach picks the right guys and puts them in situations and positions where they will make the team more successful.

on a given run play you don't need every single player to block - in fact by design you may have a full back fake a run himself or have a wide reciever run a route -- but there must be certain KEY blocks that MUST happen for a positive gain.

and as a team, the team that played yesterday i felt that we were and are talented enough to win on any given sunday.

however with the kind of scheming and coaching that took place yesterday ... I feel our team will be in a position to lose at any given moment in a game this year. even with a lead in the 4th quarter? yes .. why? because we ****en passed on 1st down with a nine point lead in our own territory with 15 minutes to go in the game -- utterly rediculous

and instead of not learning the lesson on second and ten - we ****ing passed again!

then not learning on third and ten - we lost yards on a screen pass to VD on third down. -- STUPID just unacceptable at any level of coaching - you would not see that at the HS level -- you would not see that at the college level -- this is the pros and guys have more ball skills but why ask that of your QB? why put it on him? he is not Brett favre - we have an all pro stud in the backfield with a solid run oriented line in front of him.

you run it in these situations and put in on your line and rb to win the game ... our d was fired up and playing great especially takeo

even if we go three and out, we waste as much time as possible and get a good punt off.

the other thing this does, is not stress out our players .. even our all world punter felt the pressure and muffed the punt

bottom line is, these coaches aren't just stressing us out, (the fans) they put our players in situations where they stress out as well. and what we have learned is that under pressure we fall apart. so the way you side step that issue is you make sound play calls for given situations that leverage the team in a way that will help them win the game.

when you do that it has a psychological effect on the players that your coach has the faith in you to make these calls and that builds the confidence of the players in these situations and helps to remove doubt.

which in turn will help them focus on how to win and execute on a play vs. how they could get beat on the next play and eventually lose.

stupid coaching = unconfident players, unconfident players decrease the chance of executing a play correctly.

it all starts at the top...

Nolan = DC
Singletary = LBC
Martz = OC

where's our HC? maybe it is singletary afterall?

downsos
10-13-2008, 03:06 PM

None of us thought we were going 12-4 and I at the beginning of the season I would had been happy with an 8-8 season, but when we lose to the Saints, Pats, and the Eagles when they had key players out for the game we could have been 5-1 or 4-2 but no, we are 2-4 and things aren't getting better for us, we are playing worse and we are losing games because of a lack of leadership and horrible gameplanning. Get Nolan out of here! Let Hill start! Make some kind of change because right now it just ain't working!

HOLLyWOOdHiTMan
10-14-2008, 12:06 AM

i agree 100% of this, just watching the line for the exception of mcdonald and smith, was torture. i wanna see more blitzing, the best defenses blitz, blitz, blitz...why? because its puts pressure on the qb, yeah sometimes they get lucky and find a quick play, to a rb or a tight end but its most not likely. if they lose to new york next week, i want some major changes, like a new coach. i like jt, but he needs a better o-line in front of him, we drop sims because he is a under-cover raider, has anyone else noticed?

Tapptout
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Alex has too have a huge inner smile, knowing his future might have changed again, no way can the 49ers afford to cut him after this year....not with the play of JT

CB30
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
JT is still the best QB on this team, and unfortunately, Nolan will probably last the season.

CB30
10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Alex has too have a huge inner smile, knowing his future might have changed again, no way can the 49ers afford to cut him after this year....not with the play of JT

Alex Smith is gone, end of story.

Vegasguy80
10-14-2008, 04:05 PM
When do we stop making the same damn thread over and over again?

And you want people to be benched, please enlighten us on who exactly would replace him AND DO BETTER? You really think Hill would? How about Jamie Martin?

And yeah, why is Alex Smith even being talked about in this thread? You guys REALLY think he would run the spread huh? His arm strength is GONE!

Darren5000
10-14-2008, 04:24 PM
When do we stop making the same damn thread over and over again?

And you want people to be benched, please enlighten us on who exactly would replace him AND DO BETTER? You really think Hill would? How about Jamie Martin?

And yeah, why is Alex Smith even being talked about in this thread? You guys REALLY think he would run the spread huh? His arm strength is GONE!

Alex Smith will be a 49er in 09. If you don't like it, why don't you just curl up and watch Nolan continue to mismanage this team with Tim Rattay as your QB in JTO?

Alex Smith will be returning in 09.:clap:

wolf man
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Alex Smith will be a 49er in 09. If you don't like it, why don't you just curl up and watch Nolan continue to mismanage this team with Tim Rattay as your QB in JTO?

NOLAN NEEDS TO BEGONE NOW.WE DONT NEED TO WAIT WHEN WERE 2-14.OLINE DLINE WR NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED NOT A OTHER BUSTED 1ST DRAFT THAT SEEMS TO BEEN THE TREND.NOLAN HAS FAVORITES AND THEY HAVE NOT BEEN GOOD SMITH IS NOT GOOD HE SUCKS.WHEN HE LEAVES I WILL NOT CRY A TEAR.:clap:

1hardcore
10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm sick of the same old horsecrap from JT as he is now morphing into Tim Rattay, the man who throws our game away by the 4th quarter. I want JT gone in 09 along with Mike Nolan! Except I want Nolan gone by Bye Week! FIRE NOLAN!

JT seems to be in the same mold as John Kitna and Marc bulger and even those 2 arent' that great.

I'm starting to feel that the niners need to change their management. Go from the top down instead of bottom up.

bornFrisco49er
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
it is the management, and its the coaches 2..

4 some reason i think alex will take a paycut and try 2 earn his money back next year..(also because what team will take him for the money hes getting? why leave 4 somewhere else if u get the same money in sf? if he takes a paycut id keep him 2 compete but id still draft a qb..)

i still think we have solid players and theyre not getting utilized correctly, if we change coaching staff im sure a better coach can get a spark outta them ad play to their strengths..nate>press man cover, davis>obviously deserves to get the ball more(what ive been saying all along!), actually using gore the WHOLE game especially in key situations!

P-Willie M.V.P.
10-14-2008, 06:28 PM

Rattay wasn't garbage, he just had a REALLY bad coach calling play. but i agree that nolan should be fired. and JT. doesn't even have 1/2 season under his belt as a starter. so he should give him some time (and better guards.) I say fire Nolan, promote singltary to H.C., do what we can with JT. which FA QB could we get thats better than JTO? :confused:

jpt912f
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM

first off, i loved alex, and have backed him nonstop since day 1, more than most in this thread at least....but u have to be a freakin crazy to think he is gonna start next year. there is NO way in hell he starts, much less even on the team. the coaching and ownership ruined him completely, he needs a change of scenery more than anyone in the league

edit:
side note: how many freaking fire nolan/jto threads are you going to start, bc this has to be like 20+, cant a mod just sticky one of these threads so every other day there isnt a new one?? i dont care which one, but one of them for all of the exact same theads that have been created saying the same thing over and over and over

UNLVsOcCeR
10-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Im a Nolan guy i like how firey he is but even i agree maybe we need a change. but the funny thing to me is everyone keeps on blaming everything on the coaches. I agree they have been making some dumbass mistakes but we are still in every single game. You all watch the same game as me and not one person has mentioned the fact that our players need to make some plays. We finally used Vernon and it looked good.... Bad coaching when they stop using what was working.. But still if nate clements... my man... but still if he gets a hand on that touchdown pass that he missed to their tight end its a different game. Yea JT is not the answer but hes the only qb who knows martz crazy system besides maybe the old man martin. How about the play where vernon is wide the hell open? and JT over threw him... Its things like that every week you watch the game is like if we did this or didn't do that we win. We could easily be 4-2. I am by no means backing up the coaches cuz D looks bad for the talent we got and Nolan is doing some dumb ****... But we are still in this games who gives a S H I T of the other teams are injured its the NFL every team has some big injury. We have got to start making plays. last thing to complain about with coaching though... Why the hell do we run a reverse with delanie.... he has decent speed but hes no vernon davis... If nolan is fired i would loved singletary though we need to keep him some how

PulpFiction
10-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Last year I was Chided for saying there is something wrong in San Francisco ... please listen ... Fire nolan ... he is incompotent and has even worse traits ... ugh such as PRIDE (it always comes before the fall!!!) He is never ever wrong and passes blame too others and a terrible stubborn field GENERAL ... these are bad traits Listen " You need to be able to execute under pressure! do you hear me Mike Fire yourself same record 3 years in a row at this point ... Alex is DONE, thanxs to you playing that kids when he was hurt last year and his confidence is shot because of you that poor kid needs regressive Therapy!!! because of you!!! the niners still must rebuild and think about this just think about this ... if you were a good coach Adalis Thomas would have been happy to join the San Francisco 49ers 2 years ago!!! so this is how we fix it!!! first we are 2 players away and a new coach, the players are Joe Montana and Jerry Rice!!! lol ... dont give up picks ... draft Tim Rugged Tebow and the other player unfortunatly burned us last weekend ... yes lets all just say it ... Desean Jackson (trainded by Jedi RICE!!!) ... He told yall to pick this kids you fools, that have mis-managed this SACRED Name ... The San Francisco 49ers!!! 5 time Superbowl winners, not 4 time losers under Nolan ... coach well you need Sister Yorks intelligent Brother ... the much better half a one Mr. Eddie Debartolo ... with Mr. Seattle chubsy coach for a couple of years until this very very bad nightmare gets sorted out!!! And throw the F'n ball to Vernon Davis you fools ... that kid is nasty, use Joshua Morgan ... just wake up so that we are no longer the laughing stock ... remember this, they are the San Francisco 49ers!!! So show us that you do have a brain and fire yourself MIKE!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:: mad:

AZ9ERFAN
10-14-2008, 11:01 PM
:clap: you are right man

jpt912f
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
seriously...another thread about firing nolan??? did u even bother to look at the...i dont know...15 other threads saying the same thing before creating this one?

of course all the other ones are easy to miss...

dont get me wrong im not saying that maybe he shouldnt be fired, but come on

and dont draft tebow, he isnt our answer

horry1ur
10-15-2008, 12:02 AM
You guys dont realize its easier said then done and another thread on PSD about firing Nolan isnt going to help things get better so hold on your horses and wait for the moment to come to you please and thank you :)

mac scootch
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
People around here might be sick of seeing the 'Fire Nolan' posts...but look.

Patrick Willis
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements
Michael Lewis
Manny Lawson
Walt Harris

Frank Gore
Isaac Bruce
Bryant Johnson
Arnaz Battle
Vernon Davis
Josh Morgan

Alan Rossum

How do we not win? Especially against teams that don't have their main weapons. We've been that lucky every week. Theres a reason why we keep on losing and its not the players.

rapjuicer06
10-15-2008, 01:28 AM
and heres how we can lose....

JTO

Nolan

Martz

Manusky...(sp)

almost forgot about the yorks

Darren5000
10-15-2008, 01:47 AM
I love Fire Nolan threads! We need more!:clap:

HOLLyWOOdHiTMan
10-15-2008, 06:21 AM
tebow is not the answer....chase daniel would be ideal. IMO

NinerNation
10-15-2008, 08:19 AM
Nothing I hate more than "Ive been saying this all along". so what? everyone has been saying different things since last year. and can we add this to another one of the millions of threads already. I dont mind fire nolan threads, but if youre going to open one, make it for a different reason than the threads open already.

bartlett2266
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree with everything except draft tim tebow hes another urban meyer QB with 2 many questions surrounding him in the pros we need a real QB. Drew Stafford would be ideal but might be unrealistic (cheifs will take him) but we need to find an intelligent QB but more importantly we need to bring in a coaching staff with an OC with a west coast offense and stay for more then a year. We need a coach and DC to settle on a f***ing scheme 4-3 or 3-4 make up ur damn minds already. we have personall of a 4-3 but nolan insists on 3-4. and finally we need a president that has the trust of the yorks to do what he wants and make the coaches accountable. but we already know this just blowing of some steam. fire nolan week 9 bye week

Darren5000
10-15-2008, 01:08 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/14/SPUF13H1DG.DTL

Read this piece from the Chronicle as it tells of the chefs in our kitchen, and they all represent Hell's Kitchen quite well as NOBODY can boot the suit it seems! Thank God writers like Ray Ratto and Nancy Gay understand our plight.:mad:

FNM BOY
10-15-2008, 01:15 PM
If Nolan stays...it looks like we will be picking in the top 5 of the draft....i wonder how he would respond to a reporter who asks.....HOw is it that the 49ers under your leadership have not gotten any better after nearly 4 years??...his dumb a s s statement: "The players are not executing the plays called...I think u know the answer to that...I dont need to elaborate.."

Darren5000
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
If Nolan stays...it looks like we will be picking in the top 5 of the draft....i wonder how he would respond to a reporter who asks.....HOw is it that the 49ers under your leadership have not gotten any better after nearly 4 years??...his dumb a s s statement: "The players are not executing the plays called...I think u know the answer to that...I dont need to elaborate.."

Yep, that's the easiest solution to the suit, just find fault with the players rather then yourself for not trying to play to win the game.

MIke Nolan: Unlike Herm Edwards, he plays to lose the game, and does it quite well.

Bad teams: 9 out of 10 times, a win
Good teams: Guaranteed instant losses each FREAKING time! How is that good coaching to SUCK like this?

It should start with the suit, and also the dimwits that own this team to be held accountable, as reported by Nancy Gay.

Check out this reaction a fan had:
Big_Suede10/15/2008 12:08:08 AM

They really need to stop featuring pics of the York family... I literally threw up a bit in my mouth on seeing their ugly mugs...

FNM BOY
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Its really sad to look back at what we were as a dominant franchise....to see what we are today....The front office/ owners etc....seem to have no pride and no desire for bringing back that stellar legacy to SF!!! SAD

Gibby23
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, the positive for next year is that we do have some young D line men and O line men. We have Gore, Davis, and Josh Morgan looks good, so the next QB we draft will have some wepons in place unlike Smith. Hopefully we have a new Coach that can bring a young QB along. The rebuilding process should not be as long as the Nolan era, we even have some good young DB's.

rapjuicer06
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
i actually wouldn't be all opposed to letting smith have another shot at it. this is his first year sitting out and actually learning, so maybe it'll do him some good. so maybe he can restructure his contract or something with playing incentives. then take a qb later in the draft (chase daniel) let him develop and if smith bites the dust have a guy waiting to take over. then with our first pick, which should be fairly high, we PRAY that crabtree goes out and falls to us, dream come true, or we take an olineman.

mac scootch
10-15-2008, 04:19 PM
and heres how we can lose....

JTO

Nolan

Martz

Manusky...(sp)

almost forgot about the yorks

At this moment, I wouldn't throw Manusky or Martz in there just yet. Although, I do have a little issue with Martz and not running the ball just so we can score points. Manusky might be the D-Coordinator, but it's still Nolans scheme. Remember. Manusky is from San Diego...I personally think that Manusky would be blitz crazy if it were up to him.

bornFrisco49er
10-15-2008, 05:57 PM
im not opposed either for smith to try again..but only if he takes a drastic paycut and he might have to because no one will pay him 9.825 million next year

bornFrisco49er
10-15-2008, 06:08 PM
People around here might be sick of seeing the 'Fire Nolan' posts...but look.

Patrick Willis
Takeo Spikes
Nate Clements>why are we putting him in zone?
Michael Lewis>horrible in coverage this year IMO, hes more of a in the box safety vs the run
Manny Lawson>hes bee out but parys has been filling in nicely, unfortunately TBC played last week
Walt Harris> he needs to retire imo
u 4 got justin smith

Frank Gore
Isaac Bruce
Bryant Johnson> absent last game
Arnaz Battle
Vernon Davis>only used well the last game
Josh Morgan>doesnt even play till the end of the game at times, sad

Alan Rossum>nice addition but he cant play forever(shudda drafted desean!!!)

How do we not win? Especially against teams that don't have their main weapons. We've been that lucky every week. Theres a reason why we keep on losing and its not the players.

def not the players..schemes, packages=coaches+putting players in like TBC, donald strickland, underproductive mark roman, barry too many penalties sims.

Gibby23
10-15-2008, 06:19 PM
im not opposed either for smith to try again..but only if he takes a drastic paycut and he will have to because no one will pay him 9.825 million next year

Fixed.:D

bornFrisco49er
10-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Fixed.:D

:rolleyes: ok..i agree

Tmac416
10-16-2008, 02:10 AM
im not opposed either for smith to try again..but only if he takes a drastic paycut and he might have to because no one will pay him 9.825 million next year

agreed

Tapptout
10-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Alex has a chance to start next year

brevinknight
10-17-2008, 04:46 PM
So as im sure most of you are, i am really tired of hearing about how we should fire nolan and how much he sucks, i agree it just gets tiring. But who do you guys think would be good replacements? im thinking pete carrol from usc, and jim harbaugh has turned one of the most least talented team in football to have a winning record. So probably not harbaugh but what do you guys think about carrol?

stag6004
10-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Carrol will only come if he gets full control and we are trying to lure Holmgren to run the team so that will not work out. I would seriously consider Singeltary as the HC and DC and I really think we need to go in another route for our OC b/c we have a dominant RB in Gore and he is severly underutilized. We need someone who is going to establish the run and then let us suck ppl in to throw over the top. We are just slinging it around right now and we don't have a QB to do it or the WR'S to do it. Martz sold us a bag of goods when he said he would use Gore b/c he is our MAIN weapon and we have not used him nearly enough. If Cowher wants to come then open the checkbook but I don't see any other solid choice, as of right now.

brevinknight
10-17-2008, 05:15 PM
I would love holmgren or singletary or even cowher. i just doubt its going to happen... sadly. But i think carrol would be an intriguing option, i know its not going to happen but i think it could be a great move or a awful one

mex49er
10-17-2008, 06:13 PM
singletary or cowher ...

pete carrol is not gonna leave USC not an option, in fact we interviewed him after erikson.

mmm cowher is going to be hard to get him.

mex49er
10-17-2008, 06:15 PM
mariucci and brian billick ???

rapjuicer06
10-17-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd love to bring back the mooch. Him and holmgren together would do wonders

bigmac8675
10-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I think the dream coachin staff would be Holmgren as GM, Cowher as coach, Singletary as DC, and either Mariucci or Billick as OC. That would just be simply amazing. A man can dream can't he?

FrumDaBay
10-17-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^ id take that, but i think that if we were able to get holmgren as GM and cower as HC, we could leave martz in place as cower would have ultimate say, he wouldnt be as much of a vagina as nolan is..

I also dont think that Singletary is the answer... maybe as DC but not HC.. he just has no experience and i think at this point the 49ers need some experience... IMO but i do believe that he should be DC

bigmac8675
10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
^^Yea, that why I say lets see how Singletary does has DC first, and maybe become the successor of our next head coach. Do I think Singletary will be a HC some day, hell yes! But I don't think h is ready to make that jump yet. But I think he is ready to take over as a DC for a team (hopefully ours) and then eventually move up to a HC position.

And the reason I didn't leave Martz as our OC is because I just can't see Cowher and Martz coexisting... they have very different philosophies on offense. But if they somehow worked it out, that would be okay with me too. But that is why I said either Billick or Marriucci as OC because both understand that a strong running game is the key to opening up the passing game, much like cowher. Examples...
Cowher with the Steelers(HC): Jerome Bettis was the #1 weapon for years, and pass secondly.
Mariucci with Niners (HC): Hearst and Garner were both pro-bowl caliber rb's because of a good running system in place.
Billick with Vikings(OC) and Ravens(HC): Robert Smith was a stud under Billicks system while he stil had a dangerous passing attack with Cunningham to Carter and eventually Moss. Then with the Ravens Jamal Lewis was the offense for a number of years.

brevinknight
10-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Dude that chrissy mauck on the niners website is hot.

ninerfan609
10-18-2008, 04:30 PM
1. Alex Smith will have to take a huge paycut to stay with the team, and yes i do see that happening. Thats good for us, because he can study Martz system this year, for next year.

2. This is JT O'Sullivans first year as a starter, and if we go by stats, he's done a waaaaaaaaaaaay better job than Smith did in his first year. Him costing us the game in the 4th quarter, and throwing those picks aren't his fault because:

3. If a team is up by nine points in the fourth quarter, and you have an elite back who can get you 4.9 yards a carry, wouldnt you try run out the clock?? That is why Nolan should be fired. Martz calls the plays, but Nolan is in charge of Martz. JTO should have never been throwing the ball that late in the game. And even when the Eagles were up 27-26, with more than 6 minutes remaining, Martz wanted to pass. How much sense does that make?

All in all, if we can somehow beat the Giants(and i highly doubt it) and we win against Seattle at The Stick, our team would be 4-4, and Nolan would be saved from being fired before the bye., but if and when we lose against the Giants, and somehow lose to the lowly Seahawks, then I see Mr York firing Nolan. And like I said before, I like Nolan, but he better get his shyt together, because I'm tired of losing.

bornFrisco49er
10-19-2008, 03:10 AM
1. Alex Smith will have to take a huge paycut to stay with the team, and yes i do see that happening. Thats good for us, because he can study Martz system this year, for next year.

2. This is JT O'Sullivans first year as a starter, and if we go by stats, he's done a waaaaaaaaaaaay better job than Smith did in his first year. Him costing us the game in the 4th quarter, and throwing those picks aren't his fault because:

3. If a team is up by nine points in the fourth quarter, and you have an elite back who can get you 4.9 yards a carry, wouldnt you try run out the clock?? That is why Nolan should be fired. Martz calls the plays, but Nolan is in charge of Martz. JTO should have never been throwing the ball that late in the game. And even when the Eagles were up 27-26, with more than 6 minutes remaining, Martz wanted to pass. How much sense does that make?

All in all, if we can somehow beat the Giants(and i highly doubt it) and we win against Seattle at The Stick, our team would be 4-4, and Nolan would be saved from being fired before the bye., but if and when we lose against the Giants, and somehow lose to the lowly Seahawks, then I see Mr York firing Nolan. And like I said before, I like Nolan, but he better get his shyt together, because I'm tired of losing.

i agree with u..except i likED him..anything is possibe as everyone says, the browns proved it..any given sunday..but when your coaches mess it up for the players it diminishes the team morale and fanbase confidence..we have players..we all know we do, but the coaches need to put our players in the best position to make plays for all 4 quarters, not 3 1/5. 23 unanswered pts in the 4th is unforgiveable..im excited because i just am for every game with some amount of hope..but this team and TRUE fan base deserves better..

bornFrisco49er
10-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Dude that chrissy mauck on the niners website is hot.

lol:laugh:

WillisLovechild
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't think Cowher is coming here, he would have to leave the east coast and I'm not sure if he'd be willing to do that. I would love it, but I doubt it will happen. So, I hope we can get Holmgren as GM/VP, the he'd probably pick one of his guys from Green Bay. So that would be Andy Reid (taken), Jon Gruden (taken), and Steve Marriuci (he's out there). There are others but I don't remember them all. I don't know who's on the Shehawks staff right now, but I wouldn't want any of them. I think he'd hire an offensive minded coach considering he is an offensive guy himslef. Maybe Dennis Green? He is an experienced guy who is a great offensive mind. Then hopefully Singletary or Ron Rivera as DC and I don't know for OC, Scott Linehan?

leftymo
10-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Nolan could be one of the worst coaches in 49er history... what's there not to like? If you are a fan of the seahawks, cardinals, rams, cowboys, and basically any other team that likes to see SF at the bottom of the league.

stag6004
10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
I've had enough with both Nolan and JTO. Nolan makes stupid *** mistakes like at the end of the 1st half in the Giants game. We get a false start by Gore, while in/near the redzone, with 46 seconds remaining which results in a 10 second runoff. Nolan decides not to take a timeout, even though we have 3 remaining, which takes additional time off the clock and makes us rush our offensive plays. What happens, JTO throws a pick in the endzone to a guy who was double covered.

JTO SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Not only did he throw the pick which is mentioned above, which would have cut the deficit to 4 going into the half, he fumbles the ball twice in the 4th quater and threw some of the worst picks I've ever seen. He holds on to the ball for way too long and then on 4th down at the end of the game, he decides to run out of bounds after getting only 2 yds. He is awful, put in Hill see what he can do and get ready for another high draft pick which we will ultimately use on a QB and start from scratch. Why do I even get up for football season if this is what I subjected to watch.

DownSouth49er
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
it's pathetic and frustrating, and i really feel like the yorks just don't give a damn...it's like they have just sat around and basically done nothing from a coaching staff stand point to make this team competitive....it's just a lack of concern from ownership and nolan is doing whatever the hell he wants to do, which is absolutely nothing

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 04:32 PM
someone needs to hold them down and take a **** in their face, because thats basically what their doing to the fans

ohdouger
10-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh My God! How bad has it gotten. We used to be the example for other NFL franchises to become, and now we are the laughing joke of the league. We have a QB who has been cut by 7 teams, and a coach no one would ever give another chance too. It is time to blow it up, hire a GM (Holmgren) who knows what the heck he is doing on draft day, and a coach who knows the basics of timeouts and challenges. This is an absolute joke! Even Cowher on the NFL postgame show stated that JTO holds the ball way too long for this league, and defenses do nothing but pad their stats against the 49ers. How the mighty have fallen. From the Yorks toTerry Donajoke, to Mike Nolan they have run this franchise into the ground. There is definetly talent out there, but we are so horribly coached (12 penalties for 124 yards today), that we can't overcome the mistakes. JTO is a clown, and should not be in the NFL, and if the quote was correct (Martz said he would be a great QB in this league), he should be run out of this league too. Bring in Holmgren as GM, have Cowher as HC, and Singletary as DC. It would only get better. I see us going 3-13 this year, and not any better. What a shame!

DerekRE_3
10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Every week...more and more of these threads are made. I think everyone gets it...JT isn't a starting caliber quarterback and Nolan isn't a very good coach. Can we move on?

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
what do we move on to? gotta see the same **** every weekend...any suggestions?

DerekRE_3
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
what do we move on to? gotta see the same **** every weekend...any suggestions?

I'm just saying that I see the same thread 3-4 times in this forum. It gets old, and it makes people not want to post in here. Because all it is is *****ing and moaning about things that we can't really change this season.

ohdouger
10-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Totally agree with Derek, let's move on. How bout we start with firing Nolan. I think the frustration is the fact that the Niners have some pretty good players on the team, are in the game until the 4th quarter, and then fall apart. JTO has the worst rating in the 4th quarter than any other QB, JTO is not only NOT a Starting QB in this league, he isn't good enough to hold the clipboard. No wonder he was cut by 7 teams. Were they all wrong? This season is gone, with the Cardinals playing much better, and now the Rams have life, so this off-season has got to be the one where the Management makes the hard decisions. At least the Rams had the guts to fire their guy in mid-season when it was getting away from them, we can't even do that right.

Vegasguy80
10-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I agree, move on. Stop with the same damn threads. This is the first time I have been on this forum in a week because all I see is the same stuff. We need a "JTO Complaints" and a
"Nolan Complaints" thread and that's it. Stop with the same repetitive threads over and over. Or complain in the game day thread!

If you are so sick of the team, stop watching until changes are made. You guys bad mouth and bad mouth yet you keep watching. Nolan isn't going anywhere until the end of the season. Deal with it. Live with it or move on! Yes, it has been embarassing but you deal with it. There are teams with better records, go jump on their band wagon.

ntat
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm just saying that I see the same thread 3-4 times in this forum. It gets old, and it makes people not want to post in here. Because all it is is *****ing and moaning about things that we can't really change this season.

Hey homo, if u r tired of it then dont read it. These guys can be mad if they want, cause our owners are Fing us in th A. We have been bad for way to long, without ANY positive efforts in any aspect. Itis bull S%@#. so stop reading if u r tired of it, cause a new one will pop up every week.

nutty
10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
I would be interested in seeing a poll to see where the fans of this board stand.

Tired of just NOlan? just JT? both? Tired of Martz? Happy with any of them. I would assume we are about 50%, maybe higher right now being unhappy... but if no changes are made by the end of the season, I would guess we would be in the high 90% since there always has to be someone who is happy/optimistic regarding the team no matter how bad the team is.

ohdouger
10-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Totally agree Nutty. I would be interested too. I love the Niners, always have. Would never "jump ship" as people suggest because I am complaining. I think the talent is there, at least to make the playoffs, maybe not a contender for the superbowl, but at least make the playoffs. So I think it has to come down to poor coaching. I have not idea why as someone suggest Nolan could not be fired mid-season? The Rams did it, other teams do it. Sometimes it energizes a team, and they play better. Just by having someone else in charge. We are currently 2-5, and could use some energy? Maybe the problem is with ownership who just doesn't seem to care. I wonder if they even go to the games or watch them.

DerekRE_3
10-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Hey homo, if u r tired of it then dont read it. These guys can be mad if they want, cause our owners are Fing us in th A. We have been bad for way to long, without ANY positive efforts in any aspect. Itis bull S%@#. so stop reading if u r tired of it, cause a new one will pop up every week.

As soon as I read the word homo...I decided that anything you say has no credibility/merit whatsoever.

DownSouth49er
10-19-2008, 07:03 PM

i agree with you 100%....and i will be sure to start one, screw who doesn't like it...hit da damn X button and move, get over it

DerekRE_3
10-19-2008, 07:15 PM
The TM should be moving all the similar threads into one giant thread.

1hardcore
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
hmmm...
i wonder if we could sue the niners for causing us the stress and dissention in these forums :D :smoking::D:rolleyes::cool:
LOL!!
J/K

downsos
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Every week...more and more of these threads are made. I think everyone gets it...JT isn't a starting caliber quarterback and Nolan isn't a very good coach. Can we move on?

What other threads are there to make? How great we are at blocking FG's? This team hasn't given us anything positive to write about. It's not like we like making these threads. I would love to make a thread saying that JTO is looking like a Pro Bowl QB or how Nolan has righted the ship and we are going to the playoffs or how Martz is proving he is the smartest offensive mind in the NFL right now. But it isn't happening so what else is there to talk about in the NINER FORUM?

ninerfan609
10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Fire Nolan, and hire Cowher or Schottenheimer. JTO doesnt need to be benched.

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 07:46 PM
yes he does

ohdouger
10-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Trent Dilfer just pretty much threw the team under the bus. On the ESPN post game show, Trent just said that there is ALOT of talent on the 49ers, BUT they are the most under achieving team in the NFL. He says people don't understand it because they are not around it, but that he is. And he said they have done a great job of acquiring talent, but that they are just not achieving at all. This simply goes back to coaching doesn't it?

NinerNation
10-19-2008, 08:01 PM

yeah, you're a ****ing idiot. I told you to leave last week. Im going to tell you again. You're a loser, get the hell out of our forum.

9erlakesdodgers
10-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Fire Nolan, and hire Cowher or Schottenheimer. JTO doesnt need to be benched.

If JTO doesnt need to be benched then i dont know who does, you can talk about our bad coachin but in the end its JTO who is throwing awful picks in and out of the endzone and not learnin from his mistakes. He continues to hold onto the ball too long with no regard to the passrusher leading to fumbles and the last 2 weeks he has either ran out of bounds or thrown the ball away on 4th down and not give our players a chance to make a play, then he just walks off the field like he just wants to go home. 3 losses in a row because he does not take care of the ball in crucial times and throws picks in scoring situations. Doesn't need to be benched?????? Josh Morgan also blew it with that big drop.

9erlakesdodgers
10-19-2008, 08:55 PM
also i wouldnt be surprised if Nolans gone this week.

nutty
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Nolan could be one of the worst coaches in 49er history...

Dennis Erickson will always be the worst coach I have ever seen. Nolan could be right behind him. :D

If JTO doesnt need to be benched then i dont know who does, you can talk about our bad coachin but in the end its JTO who is throwing awful picks in and out of the endzone and not learnin from his mistakes. He continues to hold onto the ball too long with no regard to the passrusher leading to fumbles and the last 2 weeks he has either ran out of bounds or thrown the ball away on 4th down and not give our players a chance to make a play, then he just walks off the field like he just wants to go home. 3 losses in a row because he does not take care of the ball in crucial times and throws picks in scoring situations. Doesn't need to be benched?????? Josh Morgan also blew it with that big drop.

Yeah, if we were bishing about play calling, then I could see us complaining about bad coaching (*cough*cough* eagles 4th quarter *cough*cough*). However what I have seen over the last few weeks is bad execution by the QB. Definitely time to see what Shaun can do.

9erlakesdodgers
10-19-2008, 09:23 PM
im watching garcia right now and wondering if we would have won at least 2 out of the 3 games we have lost in the past weeks?

stag6004
10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
If you are so sick of the team, stop watching until changes are made. You guys bad mouth and bad mouth yet you keep watching. Nolan isn't going anywhere until the end of the season. Deal with it. Live with it or move on! Yes, it has been embarassing but you deal with it. There are teams with better records, go jump on their band wagon.

Are you serious? I'm not a bandwagon fan who is only going to watch and cheer when they are good. True fans stick with it through the thick and thin. The only thing is that I'm sick and tired of losing, especially with the talent we have on the roster. It is obvious to everyone but ownership that Nolan is awful and needs to be fired and it is obvious to everyone except Martz that JTO SUCKS BALLS!!! But we are suppossed to watch them and cheer how good we are at coughing up leads, not running the ball and blocking FG's. Yea let me stick to that and not complain.

Mystic Niner
10-19-2008, 10:14 PM

You see it too, think all these thread need to be closed and have only ONE real Thread.... Tired of come up here to see what NEW NEWS is going on and all I see are 45 threads of the same thing freshly started EVERY SUNDAY!!

not running the ball

So I guess coming into today Gore WASNT number 4 in rushing Yards and Number 1 in total yards....thoughs must be made up numbers...

but By looking at todays Numbers gore was 11 rushes for 11 yards... your right lets keep running the ball when we are getting 1 YARD A CARRY!!!!

Trent Dilfer just pretty much threw the team under the bus. On the ESPN post game show, Trent just said that there is ALOT of talent on the 49ers, BUT they are the most under achieving team in the NFL. He says people don't understand it because they are not around it, but that he is. And he said they have done a great job of acquiring talent, but that they are just not achieving at all. This simply goes back to coaching doesn't it?

This can work both ways, Players like Willis have the talent but also fellows what he was coached to do... Now you could have been coached by Any of the Super Bowl Winning Coaches we ahve had over the year but it still comes down to the Players makes the Plays. (holding onto the ball and not arm tackling are examples)

HOLLyWOOdHiTMan
10-19-2008, 10:32 PM
all i want is something positive to out of this season....im tired of seeing the niners and the giants suck. i know the niners are just a couple simple pieces away from being that force that once were a 5-time superbowl team, that had great quarterbacks and a stingy defense. idc, if jto turns it around somehow and the niners finish 7-9 or even 8-8, i want a new QB and a new coach, i liked nolan in the beginning and coming into this season, but i just had enough. but i can never miss a niners game.....it actuallly hurts to see the niners play like they did today.

but i have a question.....who thinks Cowher will actually take the HC job if nolan is fired?

WillisLovechild
10-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Can we seriously put Shaun Hill in? Why are we keeping JT in forever when it's clear he is losing us games with his turnovers. We are in every game until he does something really dumb like try to run through two DT's, then he fumbles, then we lose the ball, then they take a huge lead. Just take this jerk-off out and see how Shaun Hill does. I mean, could it really hurt?

Tmac416
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM

yea i saw that to. our drafts have gotten good grades. people always like our moves. yet we stil alwys lose

DownSouth49er
10-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Can we seriously put Shaun Hill in? Why are we keeping JT in forever when it's clear he is losing us games with his turnovers. We are in every game until he does something really dumb like try to run through two DT's, then he fumbles, then we lose the ball, then they take a huge lead. Just take this jerk-off out and see how Shaun Hill does. I mean, could it really hurt?

i doubt nolan does it...it can't hurt any, but nolan is an azz and he won't do it...if he does that will totally surprise the hell out of me

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 10:44 PM
i'm watching garcia and thinking to myself if we had him we would possibly be 5-2 or 6-1. we have lost games because of bad qb play, and garcia is mobile in the pocket with quick decisions, would of been perfect for us

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 10:47 PM
same here, idc if hill played against "bad" defenses last year, he did show promise and i would like to see him start over jto

mac scootch
10-19-2008, 10:49 PM
I still stand by what I've said in the past. Hill is no better than a good backup. But he would be loads better than who is starting now.

WillisLovechild
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
I'm not saying Hill would be a savior or anything, but could it really be any worse? I can't believe I'm going to say this, and I'm probably going to walk into oncoming traffic in about 5 minutes, but I would rather have Tarvaris Jackson as our starting quarterback than JT O'Sullivan.

DownSouth49er
10-19-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm not saying Hill would be a savior or anything, but could it really be any worse? I can't believe I'm going to say this, and I'm probably going to walk into oncoming traffic in about 5 minutes, but I would rather have Tarvaris Jackson as our starting quarterback than JT O'Sullivan.

looks like i'll be in traffic with you, because i agree lol

rapjuicer06
10-19-2008, 11:31 PM
i'll ride a scooter along side you guys!

DownSouth49er
10-19-2008, 11:40 PM

:laugh:

Mystic Niner
10-19-2008, 11:44 PM
I still stand by what I've said in the past. Hill is no better than a good backup. But he would be loads better than who is starting now.

Joe The plummer is better then the 3 Actives we have(JTO, Hill, Martin)

FrumDaBay
10-19-2008, 11:57 PM
where all all the ppl who were riding JTs jock in the first 3 games now??? I told you all give it til the BYE week til you make up your mind.. If you even need that much more time... WE have 3 THIRD string QBs on the team.. we have some BIG BIG issues in this area... the D played fairly well clements in particular.. and we also had too manyh damn penalties... JT sucks, he needs to go.. and i dont think ANYONE else could have done any worse, really.. hes that bad

leftymo
10-20-2008, 12:01 AM
I agree, move on. Stop with the same damn threads. This is the first time I have been on this forum in a week because all I see is the same stuff. We need a "JTO Complaints" and a
"Nolan Complaints" thread and that's it. Stop with the same repetitive threads over and over. Or complain in the game day thread!

I won't dare question your fanhood, but I'm willing to bet that you care less about the 49ers than many on this board do.

Maybe York-esque...

leftymo
10-20-2008, 12:02 AM
where all all the ppl who were riding JTs jock in the first 3 games now??? I told you all give it til the BYE week til you make up your mind.. If you even need that much more time... WE have 3 THIRD string QBs on the team.. we have some BIG BIG issues in this area... the D played fairly well clements in particular.. and we also had too manyh damn penalties... JT sucks, he needs to go.. and i dont think ANYONE else could have done any worse, really.. hes that bad

I didn't think he was the next coming. I thought he was the best QB SF had, and that SF didn't have a starting NFL QB.

But I just want to remind some, that after 7 starts we all know what we have in JTO. There are still some that think Alex Smith can play after 30 starts in the NFL with vastly WORSE numbers!

Mystic Niner
10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
WE have 3 THIRD string QBs on the team..

I stated that right after we signed Martin and put Smith on IR... and have said a couple more times since then,lol

DownSouth49er
10-20-2008, 12:16 AM
joe the plummer is better then the 3 actives we have(jto, hill, martin)

Mystic Niner
10-20-2008, 12:23 AM

Didnt watch the debate but they were making fun of it on weekend update on thursdays SNL so it was stuck in my head,lol

Darren5000
10-20-2008, 01:53 AM
I hope and I really pray if Seattle can beat us, We FINALLY BOOT THE SUIT! :pray: I want Bye Week to be BYE NOLAN! Boot the Suit!:mad:

Darren5000
10-20-2008, 02:02 AM
Totally agree with Derek, let's move on. How bout we start with firing Nolan. I think the frustration is the fact that the Niners have some pretty good players on the team, are in the game until the 4th quarter, and then fall apart. JTO has the worst rating in the 4th quarter than any other QB, JTO is not only NOT a Starting QB in this league, he isn't good enough to hold the clipboard. No wonder he was cut by 7 teams. Were they all wrong? This season is gone, with the Cardinals playing much better, and now the Rams have life, so this off-season has got to be the one where the Management makes the hard decisions. At least the Rams had the guts to fire their guy in mid-season when it was getting away from them, we can't even do that right.

And then TOM THE CABLE guy on the Raiders beats the Jets along with Haslett going 2 and 0 on the RAMS already! Wow, John York may not want to make a change like that that can actually bring fans back and motivation back by having BETTER coaching?! If anybody goes to the Hawks game, Chant Fire NOlan, Boot the Suit, Sell the Team, ANYTHING to get this JOKER NOlan off the team!

Darren5000
10-20-2008, 02:08 AM

You know of all the times we argued about the season/coaching, you just HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK with that post! I agree that a CHANGE SHOULD BE MAKE for doing NOTHING makes the team about as predictable as a high school team.

Let me give you an example: There's a school in Mill Valley with a horrid football team that really had like 3 0 and 10 seasons and crap coaching. Well, the school finally wised up, hired a better coach, and now, Tam High is 5 and FREAKING 1! 5 and FREAKING 1 for changing their coach and kids wanting to win. That's what's missing on the 49ers, a good coach and players wanting to win.

That's why I was slamming JT for I knew he was not going to do the job, and lo and behold, please tell me if I am right when I say JT is throwing it like Tim Rattay in the 4th quarter when he clunked our games!

I now wish we did pull that trade with Tampa bay and got Jeff Garcia! Damn, Tampa Bay is 5 and 2 now since Garcia's benching! Why didn't we get a good QB?:mad:

And tonight on KTVU, Fred Inglis was asking when do we pull the plug on JT also.

WillisLovechild
10-20-2008, 02:14 AM
You know of all the times we argued about the season/coaching, you just HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK with that post! I agree that a CHANGE SHOULD BE MAKE for doing NOTHING makes the team about as predictable as a high school team.

Let me give you an example: There's a school in Mill Valley with a horrid football team that really had like 3 0 and 10 seasons and crap coaching. Well, the school finally wised up, hired a better coach, and now, Tam High is 5 and FREAKING 1! 5 and FREAKING 1 for changing their coach and kids wanting to win. That's what's missing on the 49ers, a good coach and players wanting to win.

That's why I was slamming JT for I knew he was not going to do the job, and lo and behold, please tell me if I am right when I say JT is throwing it like Tim Rattay in the 4th quarter when he clunked our games!

I now wish we did pull that trade with Tampa bay and got Jeff Garcia! Damn, Tampa Bay is 5 and 2 now since Garcia's benching! Why didn't we get a good QB?:mad:

And tonight on KTVU, Fred Inglis was asking when do we pull the plug on JT also.

When most of us are agreeing that T_jack would be a better option, then we have a big problem.

Like a Razor scooter or a moped? Either way you just ride that in front of the bus with us and everything will be hunky doory.

Darren5000
10-20-2008, 02:29 AM
I'll be driving the Fire Mike NOlan bus if anybody wants to ride on it. You don't have to wear a suit. :laugh:

Next week, BOOT THE SUIT! BOOT THE SUIT! BOOT THE SUIT!

DownSouth49er
10-20-2008, 02:33 AM
i can only pray that it is the bye week...or before the end of today is over....i'm going to be monitoring the websites while at work and hope to see he got fired

rapjuicer06
10-20-2008, 03:00 AM
i hope we can beat seattle, i'd really hate to lose to them, and still pray for nolan to get fired

rapjuicer06
10-20-2008, 03:05 AM
When most of us are agreeing that T_jack would be a better option, then we have a big problem.

Like a Razor scooter or a moped? Either way you just ride that in front of the bus with us and everything will be hunky doory.

razor scooter, that way if i happen to maybe see nolan and can scissor kick him in the face a lot easier, then take him and have him get hit by the bus too. oh what joy that'd bring me

ninerfan609
10-20-2008, 04:49 AM

Here I am, theres so may stupid threads bout the same things i chose not to post in this one, but since you asked, stats dont lie:

--(JTO) in his first 7 games as a starting quarterback in the NFL is 115 for 198 for a total of 1,547 yards and 8 TD's.
(75.
5 rating)

--Alex Smith (last year) ... in the 6 games he played in ... went 94 for 193 for a total of 914 yards and 2 TD's.
(57.
2 Rating)

--Trent Dilfer (last year) ... in the 7 games he played in ... went 113 for 219 for a total of 1,166 yards and 7 TD's.
(55.
1 Rating)

ninerfan609
10-20-2008, 04:50 AM
While JTO isnt our answer, hes a ton better than Smith...

FNM BOY
10-20-2008, 11:15 AM
honestly if it means Nolan getting fired i want us to lose on Sunday...he is a waste.

WillisLovechild
10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
razor scooter, that way if i happen to maybe see nolan and can scissor kick him in the face a lot easier, then take him and have him get hit by the bus too. oh what joy that'd bring me

I'll be in Heaven, smiling down :D.

While JTO isnt our answer, hes a ton better than Smith...

Yeah, except no. Smith never turned the ball over like this. He would take a sack or throw it away, not try to outrun the whole defense and make a dumb play that leads to a TO. The sad thing is, JT has a better team than Smith ever did. Smith never had a WR like Bruce or Johnson, he had a good OC once, and he had a decent season with him. If nothing else, Smith was a much much much smarter player than JT O'Sullithrowaninterceptionand/orfumbletheballawaybeingandidiot.

dbroncos78087
10-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Please use this thread to post any Mike Nolan/Coaching/etc. complaints. I will merge any new posts in here and i would ask Jbeezy to do so. There are way too many threads dedicated to it, and it makes the forum look sloppy. Just use this thread from now on.

bartlett2266
10-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Its only a matter of when now either we lose this week and hes fired or the offseason, also whose staying i think they should clean HC OC DC GM.
Also i notice the saints forum has a fire payton thread suprising i think we would all be pretty happy with that team

nutty
10-20-2008, 02:55 PM
There is no way that TJACK is better than JT. They both suck!

Also, I hear a lot of "FIRE NOLAN" comments flying around (like I have been saying lately also), but I have yet to hear anything of substance on a suitable replacement. There's no way Cowher is coming in nor Marty especially if it's mid-season. So chances are, it would be someone internal. Internally, who do we honestly have that can take over and turn this thing around? I am not liking our chances of finding/having anyone that's worth a $***.

Mycool11
10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I say we let martz be the coach the rest of the season.

nutty
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM

Definitely can't be Martz. He would never bench JT then.

rapjuicer06
10-20-2008, 04:20 PM

i say i hope thats the last thing you ever say

FNM BOY
10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
^^lmfao :)

bartlett2266
10-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Looks like this will be Nolans last game
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=483

FNM BOY
10-20-2008, 04:52 PM
^I pray God it is!!

Darren5000
10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Looks like this will be Nolans last game
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=483

Alleujah! Alleujah! Alleujah!
Nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, hey, hey, GOODBYE!
nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, nay, hey , hey, goodbye!

Maybe Nolan can get a job with World Wrestling Entertainment as somebody's inept manager! Please let there be a God and make this confirmed PLEASE! :pray: :pray:

rapjuicer06
10-20-2008, 05:17 PM
i think i just **** myself

nutty
10-20-2008, 05:49 PM
saw that here also:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/10/20/nolan-on-the-outs/

First 2 moves I hope Singletary makes:
1) Start Shaun Hill
2) Fix the defense and send some pressure!