PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Maple Leafs (1-1-0-1) @ New york Rangers (5-1-0-0)

messleetch94
10-17-2008, 02:23 PM
The Rangers begin their back-to-back games against Original Six teams tonight, starting with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Steve Valiquette gets the start in goal tonight. Toronto see this as the Rangers taking them lightly. Valiquette played well against Toronto last year, as he won two out of the four games they faced each other.

Korpikoski (arm), Rissmiller (ankle), and Prucha will sit. Dawes and Fritsche get the starts tonight. Fritsche will possibly center the third line as it is his natural position. Both players need to start producing.

As for Toronto, Jonas Frogen (doubtful-foot) and Jeff Finger (indefinately-foot) are out. Not good considering they signed Finger to a 4yr-16 million contract.

Ranger fans will not see the return of Ryan Hollweg as he is serving the first game of his three game suspension. This is his second suspension this year. He also had one in the preseason.

The Rangers PP should get jump started against Toronto's PK which is 60.0. good for last in the league in the early season. Rangers PK (92.3-good for seventh in the league) needs to get back on track from after giving up 2 PP goals against Buffalo.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for making the game thread! I like Dawes so I'm glad he is back. :)

messleetch94
10-17-2008, 02:34 PM
It's funny because I was looking in the Toronto forums and I couldn't believe how negative they were. For a city rich in hockey, I couldn't believe how much they were conceding already for tonights game.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-17-2008, 02:38 PM
It's funny because I was looking in the Toronto forums and I couldn't believe how negative they were. For a city rich in hockey, I couldn't believe how much they were conceding already for tonights game.

Toronto is the NHL's Canadian version of NY. They are very demanding of their team and players. The Maple leafs are looked at like the NY Yankees because they spend money, etc.

messleetch94
10-18-2008, 09:16 AM
That was a very exciting game. Valiquette was outstanding, considering the third period when he didn't face one shot until almost 15 minutes in. As a goalie, if you have it in your mind that you can beat them, than you will. And we have the one of the best goalie tandems in the league. And let's not forget about the hit of the night from Staal!