PDA

View Full Version : Korpikoski, Prucha, and Lundqvist out; Fritsche, Dawes and Valiquette in

SLY WILLIAMS
10-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Korpikoski, Prucha, and Lundqvist out; Fritsche, Dawes and Valiquette in

October

Those are your top stories this morning before the Rangers face the middling, and as a result, dangerous, Toronto Maple Leafs.

Lauri Korpikoski is out with what sounds like an arm injury, meaning most likely Ryan Callahan will center a line with Dan Fritsche and Nigel Dawes. Tom Renney also allowed that Chris Drury could be back at center tonight, so stay tuned to see what the lineup looks like.

Korpikoski has apparently been dealing with the injury the last two games, which is funny since

“It’s hard to say. He feels much better today than he did yesterday,” Renney said of Korpikoski. “Yesterday he wasn’t good at all. So we’ll let the medical people take care of them and he’ll be good to go.”

Stephen Valiquette gets his second start of the season. “Two out of three,” Renney said when explaining why he went with the backup tonight. “I’d like Henrik to beat the Detroit Red Wings.”

Some other notes:

# Renney on Denis Savard, who was axed just four games into the season as coach of the Blackhawks: “It’s unfortunate. We’re all in the crosshairs at some point. He’s part of the fraternity. I’m sympathetic for him. I thought he had done a really good job.”

Of course, Andrew Gross points out that Renney also has a longstanding relationship with Savard’s replacement, Joel Quennneville.

# Chris Drury, die-hard Yankees fan, on the Red Sox remarkable comeback last night in the ALCS:

“I wasn’t too happy about that. Paulie (Mara) was texting me the whole time.”

# Both Scott Gomez and Dmitri Kalinin are healthy enough to play after missing practice yesterday.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2008/10/17/korpikoski-prucha-and-lundqvist-out-fritsche-dawes-and-valiquette-in/