PDA

View Full Version : Who is in charge of scheduling for the NHL?

messleetch94
10-17-2008, 11:00 AM
The entire month of October will be a real test for the Rangers. Including the season opener in Prague, the Rangers will play 4 straight weeks with back-to-back games in them. That is 3 games in 4 nights for three straight weeks going back to last weekend. This can work in either their favor or against them. If they show the mental toughness and can pile up the wins, they can give themselves a good cushion early on. On the other hand, should they hit a major rough patch and lose games, they will lose some points in the standings down the road when they have stretches of three days off. I just feel that the schedule should be more balanced. But if I wasn't a Ranger fan, I wouldn't be complaining.

SLY WILLIAMS
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
The entire month of October will be a real test for the Rangers. Including the season opener in Prague, the Rangers will play 4 straight weeks with back-to-back games in them. That is 3 games in 4 nights for three straight weeks going back to last weekend. This can work in either their favor or against them. If they show the mental toughness and can pile up the wins, they can give themselves a good cushion early on. On the other hand, should they hit a major rough patch and lose games, they will lose some points in the standings down the road when they have stretches of three days off. I just feel that the schedule should be more balanced. But if I wasn't a Ranger fan, I wouldn't be complaining.

I did not like the over seas trip but it may have actually helped our team bond after a so-so preseason