PDA

View Full Version : Its official

barreleffact
10-17-2008, 04:44 AM
07-08 is officially the upset year for sports. If you were favored to win, you lost when it counted. It all makes sense now. Last year was a jynx/fluke. it started in football with the patriots losing by miracle plays and poor execution. Later, Rose lost when they were heavily favored and should have won to KU's miracle 3 and poor execution. To top it off the Lakers lost to the Celtics after being favored and ripping through everyone by refs and i guess some brilliant execution by the C's. Regardless, the only non upset was the redeem team, and that almost was an upset too.

Anyone think 08-09 will be the true redemption when the favored actually win?

conway429
10-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Were the Lakers favored to beat the Celtics? I actually don't remember...

And the Red Wings won, they were favorites... don't forget about hockey, boys...

And what about Michael Phelps, that was the favored coming through 8 times.

Lakersfan2483
10-17-2008, 04:49 AM
07-08 is officially the upset year for sports. If you were favored to win, you lost when it counted. It all makes sense now. Last year was a jynx/fluke. it started in football with the patriots losing by miracle plays and poor execution. Later, Rose lost when they were heavily favored and should have won to KU's miracle 3 and poor execution. To top it off the Lakers lost to the Celtics after being favored and ripping through everyone by refs and i guess some brilliant execution by the C's. Regardless, the only non upset was the redeem team, and that almost was an upset too.

Anyone think 08-09 will be the true redemption when the favored actually win?

It's tough to say at this point, I don't know who is going to win in the NFL. I hope the Lakers win it all next season, but nothing is guaranteed. The Celtics are more than likely the favorites, so it's up to them to hold up their end of the bargain.

The great thing about sports is that there are no guarantees as to who will win. Anything can happen as evidenced by the Giants' upset of the Patriots.

barreleffact
10-17-2008, 04:49 AM
yep...they were hot at the time. they had destroyed everyone they faced and had suspect D with the most fluent offense in the league. the celtics had a shooting slumped ray allen and had just played 2 7 game series and a 6 game series and add that with their ages, they werent supposed to win in most analysts eyes...the 07-08 curse

Musiq
10-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Were the Lakers favored to beat the Celtics? I actually don't remember...

yep, most analysts picked the lakers, probably coz of Kobe's experience in the finals

conway429
10-17-2008, 04:51 AM
But I know what you're saying... I will probably poop my pants if the Rays win the World Series...

UofA
10-17-2008, 05:59 AM
LSU was favored vs. Ohio State weren't they?

Also, you forgot what an upset Fresno State was against Georgia in the college WS

conway429
10-17-2008, 06:27 AM
LSU was favored vs. Ohio State weren't they?

Also, you forgot what an upset Fresno State was against Georgia in the college WS

I think Ohio St. was #1 in the country, but LSU was favored by 4 or something...

Beno7500
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Everyone always picks the lakers.

sportsnutzz
10-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes Hollinger picked the Jazz to win the West, and they will win it all this year :D

JordansBulls
10-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes Hollinger picked the Jazz to win the West, and they will win it all this year :D

They need another piece.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I think the Jazz will win the West. Every year is full of upsets but nobody realizes it.