PDA

View Full Version : Players that need a change in scenery

JayW_1023
10-17-2008, 04:44 AM
My picks:

Boris Diaw, Phoenix Suns

On a team with far too many ball handlers, Diaw never looked comfortable ever since Amare has been healthy. He has a unique skills set, but he is a guy who needs the ball in his hands to be effective. On a team like Miami, Charlotte, New York and New Jersey he'll be much more effective because he can impact the game with passing and scoring. On teams who have too many shoot first players his game would flourish. :

Adam Morrison, Charlotte Bobcats

People have been saying he is a bust. He has never been a great defender, and he struggled in his rookie season. Now he's trying to bounce back from a devastating injury and crack a rotation filled with perimeter scorers. Good luck there. What Morrison needs is a team that lacks a good shooter...where he doesn't have to create his own shot. It'll be a great boost if he joins a team like Houston, Phoenix, Toronto or San Antonio where their respective big men demand double teams, and are adequate passers in the sense they can kick it out to open shooters. Morrison woul excel in the role as stationary shooter instead of a scorer that creates his own shot. I think he still has alot of upside...he just needs a better situation.

Al Harrington, Golden State Warriors

There has been a logjam at big forward, and this tweener is the odd man out. You have Jackson, Azubuike, and Maggette already being solid players at his position. He needs to be on a team desperate for another scorer...like Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Chicago or Memphis. I think Harrington could also be a very sixth man somewhere as well if he is willing to accept such a role.

Brad Miller, Sacramento Kings

I think Miller is a the last surviving member of the nuclues that was so successful during Adelmans tenure as a coach. With Spencer Hawes as their future big, Miller really should look for a team that can contend for a title now he is in his decline. A big man with his stroke and passing skills is a rare find, and he'll be in high demand if he decides to look elsewhere. I see San Antonio (wishful thinking, I know) Dallas and Cleveland will be teams where he'd fit in very well.

Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls

The pretty obvious pick. He was already making up his mind by not wanting to play for Chicago...and with his one year deal he has become trade bait. Even though I don't like Gordons shot happy, defenseless game...an explosive scorer like him will always be in demand. Unless he rounds out his game and at least tries to play defense...he'll be a sixth man for life that doesn't deserve superstar money.

Faneik
10-17-2008, 07:31 AM
Scalabrine needs a change.

Wilson
10-17-2008, 08:22 AM
So some sort of trade between Charlotte and Phoenix would seem to make sense. How about Morrison and Felton for Diaw? It works money wise, and based on what the OP said, it would benefit both teams.

JordansBulls
10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Vince Carter needs a change in scenary because he is still a star and could help any number of teams. Clippers, Raptors, Mavericks, Jazz, Bulls to name a few.

pebloemer
10-17-2008, 10:12 AM
So some sort of trade between Charlotte and Phoenix would seem to make sense. How about Morrison and Felton for Diaw? It works money wise, and based on what the OP said, it would benefit both teams.

Where would Felton fit in among: Nash, Barbosa, Bell? Morrison may be a nice fit there though. maybe a three way trade?

Beno7500
10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Kenny Thomas

Fool
10-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Ben Gordon....gtfo of Chicago.

BkOriginalOne
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
Ben Gordon. he will be gone by this summer.

JKidd. he's gotta get a ring, and it won't happen in dallas. He should've went to the lakers.

Vince Carter. Too many years with the nets for virtually nothing.

Josh Howard, Terry. Someone has got to go.

Zach Randolphy, eddy curry. Neither fit into D'Atoni's style. Clear the books. Sign Bron Bron in summer 2010.

Brad Miller. People always forget about him. He could help alot of teams at C. How bout and eddy curry for brad miller and fillers?

Antawn Jamison. One of their big 3 is going to go within the next year or so. It's gotta be jamison. 20,10 injury prone. Someone will take the chance.

Chronz
10-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Diaw doesnt need a change in scenery he needs to get in shape, watch him with his shirt off, its disgraceful. I have a better NBA body than he does, Im just not 6"8. I hate contract year players.

Morrison is a bust and will never be worthy of his draft selection but he could be a decent 10th man player somewhere, in the role you said, but who really needs a player like that? Its not like hes a lights out shooter either...

Harrington is in the ideal situation right now playing Nelly ball, none of the other forwards can get away with being a pseudo center in that system. But his departure would do more good to Biedrins, it would force Don Nelson into giving the kid atleast 34MPG.

Id be a little cautious with Brad, he had himself a bounce back season but at his age it has fluke possibilities. Im sure he can still be an effective center and valuable to any team just so long as I wasnt expecting Brad from last year.

kvrnm
10-17-2008, 04:35 PM
i agree with jay w's assessment of adam morrison, he would thrive in a place like phoenix imo, in fact when he was asked before the draft of what would be his ideal team and he said phoenix.

Hawkeye15
10-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Morrison would thrive offensively in Phx, but why does Phx need yet another soft defender? They still need an interior defender who brings toughness, and could use a backup point guard badly

JayW_1023
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Diaw needs to go simply because the Suns are not only weary of his tendency to show up in camp out of shape...they already have some really solid perimeter guys in Bell, Barnes and Hill. Diaw is a guy who needs the ball alot in his hands to really flourish...his versatility reminds me of a shorter Lamar Odom. If he gets in a team where he can be the primary off the ball distributer I think his confidence and motivation will increase.

Harrington is a three playing out of position...by no means will his play at PF solve Golden States rebounding woes. He needs a team where he can play his natural position.

I think the reason for Morrisons horrid shooting percentage is the fact that he is used to creating his own shot, like he did in Gonzaga. Against stronger, bigger and more athletic NBA competition that scoring mentality made Morrison pretty ineffective on offense. If he fulfills a role as an off the ball shooter or a stationary shooter I think his skills will be far better utilized. He's still a good shooter...and the catch and shoot game fits him far better than creating his shot...where he is easily overpowered by the defense.

Nets fan 93
10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Vince Carter needs a change in scenary because he is still a star and could help any number of teams. Clippers, Raptors, Mavericks, Jazz, Bulls to name a few.
he likes it here so far

b_rad23
10-18-2008, 10:32 AM
Lamar Odom is one.
Boris Diaw is another.

Lakersfan2483
10-18-2008, 10:59 AM

VC would be a good fit in Utah and or Dallas.

dre1990
10-18-2008, 11:28 AM

Felton aint going anywhere

_Sn1P3r_
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Tinsley, obvious choice since he isn't playing for Indy anymore.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-18-2008, 05:20 PM
all of the above

Roy31
11-14-2008, 04:21 AM
LeBron James... Put him in Oklahoma ftw.

Wilson
11-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Where would Felton fit in among: Nash, Barbosa, Bell? Morrison may be a nice fit there though. maybe a three way trade?

Nash/Felton
Bell/Barbosa

There might not be a ton of chemistry between Felton and Barbosa, but I was thinking that Felton would be a nice, young PG to learn from Nash, then take over when Nash retires. I only just realised that Barbosa is only a year older though.

LeBron James... Put him in Oklahoma ftw.

:laugh:

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Dirk
Lebron

NYKnickFanatic
11-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Ben Gordon. he will be gone by this summer.

JKidd. he's gotta get a ring, and it won't happen in dallas. He should've went to the lakers.

Vince Carter. Too many years with the nets for virtually nothing.

Josh Howard, Terry. Someone has got to go.

Zach Randolphy, eddy curry. Neither fit into D'Atoni's style. Clear the books. Sign Bron Bron in summer 2010.

Brad Miller. People always forget about him. He could help alot of teams at C. How bout and eddy curry for brad miller and fillers?

Antawn Jamison. One of their big 3 is going to go within the next year or so. It's gotta be jamison. 20,10 injury prone. Someone will take the chance.

Do you still feel that way about Zach?

$ NyC $
11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Let's just say a lot of the Knicks.

Lakers4ItAll
11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Marbury!

da wood
11-14-2008, 01:58 PM
i think they taded away the wrong piston i think sheed needed a change thats for sure.

BK-TY
11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Marbury!

And how!!

superkegger
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok, one thing that's kind of been annoying me is people talking about trading Ben Gordon. Ben Gordon is not going anywhere this season, no chance.

Because he took the 1 year qualifying offer and is a free agent after this year, the Bulls must receive consent to trade him, and there is no way he will give that consent, because like the Devean George thing last year in the original Kidd trade, if Gordon is traded his Bird Rights disappear.

Not only that, but because the Bulls are over the cap, and because gordon is a BYC (Base year compensation) player, meaning the salary that is calculated into the trade for him is not his current salary, but his BYC.

So, there is absolutely no way Gordon is going to test the Free Agent Market without someone having his Bird Rights. So he'll be in Chicago at the very least until the end of the season, and then he'll either resign with the bulls (though unlikely) or he'll sign a FA deal somewhere else, or the most likely scenario is he'll get a S&T somewhere.