PDA

View Full Version : Teams of Destiny: Falling Short of a Championship

Lakersfan2483
10-17-2008, 04:13 AM
I just watched a program on the NFL Network and it was about the 15-1 Minnesota Vikings team that missed out on their chance to capture a Super Bowl ring. The program talked about how the Vikings felt like they were a team of destiny, but in the end, they fell short. ( I know this is a football story, but it hit home for me and it can pertain to any sport)

What NBA teams can you all think of that had all the talent in the world and everyone was predicting them to win it all, but in the end, that team fell short of the prize of winning a Championship?

*I remember being crushed when the Lakers in 04 lost to the Pistons. I just felt like that team was destined to win it all, but in the end, they were defeated.

Lakersfan2483
10-17-2008, 04:16 AM
This past season's loss in the finals was also very tough to swallow. I felt like we should have won despite Boston having the more physical team.

Tblaze
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM
This past season's loss in the finals was also very tough to swallow. I felt like we should have won despite Boston having the more physical team.

No I don't think so, boston's hunger for a title was just too much. But what teams come to mind are Sacramento (Bibby, Peja, Webber, Divac etc. etc.) the jailblazers (Pippen, Sheed, smith, JO etc etc.)

RoyalG333
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Well how about the Patriots last season? I mean they were suppose to win it all werent they? It seems like teams of destiny...or of dynasty that win 3 in a row always tend to have a hard time their 4th time there. Unless your MJ and the Bulls and even then, MJ took a year off before returning for a second 3 peat.

IndyFan
10-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Well how about the Patriots last season? I mean they were suppose to win it all werent they?

patriots. :laugh: :clap: :cheer: :laugh:

:)

LAKERMANIA
10-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Moved it to the NBA forum since it is more of a general NBA topic than a Laker topic

JordansBulls
10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Already posted.