PDA

View Full Version : Allen and Pruitt take down the Nets

Corey
10-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Tony Allen: 32 pts on 11/18 shooting

Gabe Pruitt: 14 points, 7 assists, 2/4 3pt

Definitely a quality game for both players, as the Celtics JV team beat the Nets in the preseason.

The box score is here (http://www.nba.com/games/20081016/BOSNJN/boxscore.html)...Make your own assumptions about who preformed well tonight.

The Intimidator
10-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Outstanding. Tony is really impressing me this preseason. Let's just hope that he can play like this during the regular season.

PapelbonBall58
10-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Eddie almost scored a point a minute...24 Minutes played and 21 points...

adrew35
10-17-2008, 01:44 AM
yea tony allen has been playing amazing so far in the preseason!

CelticTradition
10-17-2008, 01:54 AM
good to see tony doing well. but more importantly i think pruitt really is making a case for himself. i must admit i wasn't convinced he should make the active roster but after seeing his tough defense, solid scoring / mid range jumper, i am now thinking that perhaps miles might be the odd man out even though i like darius. On the flip side Giddens hasn't really impressed me much........

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Today's sign of the apocalypse: 11 points for Scal!!!

rypeters
10-17-2008, 02:24 AM
I think it's all confidence. Posey left and Allen feels like he's the 6th man now. He needs to take the show into his hands and he's doing a good job. With Sam on the bench, Eddie is the main man off the bench, and is showing that he can get the job done as well. Pruitt on the other hand has always been confident and so much talent that he has just as much potential as Rondo had coming in. He is definitely worthy of a spot, (he was last year).

Wake's Fastball
10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Really starting to look like Miles could be the one to eventually get the axe... only 9 minutes on the floor coupled with an exceptional performance from Pruitt last night and another solid outing from Walker.

Arac
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Have you guys heard the possibility of Cassel starting the year as an Assistant Coach already? But some sort of Assistant Coach that would be able to play some eventual games. (Dunno which type though, haha)

Dunno if it's possible, but it looks like an option, at least. I dunno, I guess I just like Miles.

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Have you guys heard the possibility of Cassel starting the year as an Assistant Coach already? But some sort of Assistant Coach that would be able to play some eventual games. (Dunno which type though, haha)

Dunno if it's possible, but it looks like an option, at least. I dunno, I guess I just like Miles.

Like I have said before, I doubt that Cassell ends up retiring before the season. IMO, they wouldn't have re-signed him unless they thought that he could contribute on the court this season. That being said, I could be wrong.

69centers
10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Speculation of Cassell possibly going to just a coach are squashed today, by Ainge and Doc, who both say Sam's here to play. I'm assuming he'll see some minutes over these last 3 preseason games.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_10_17_Sam_on_guard:_Not_ready_for_bench/

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Speculation of Cassell possibly going to just a coach are squashed today, by Ainge and Doc, who both say Sam's here to play. I'm assuming he'll see some minutes over these last 3 preseason games.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/2008_10_17_Sam_on_guard:_Not_ready_for_bench/

:dance:

Arac
10-17-2008, 02:39 PM
I like Cassel as a person, not as a player, heh.

Well, if that's true, and Cassel does come back as a backup PG, then I can see the end of the line for D-Miles.

Corey
10-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Cassell's going to have to fight for minute's behind House and Rondo at the 1, and possibly even Pruitt (Pruitt's defense, and apparent offense is going to help him succeed if he makes the team).

Wake's Fastball
10-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Cassell's going to have to fight for minute's behind House and Rondo at the 1, and possibly even Pruitt (Pruitt's defense, and apparent offense is going to help him succeed if he makes the team).

The knock on Pruitt has always been his playmaking ability. If he gets that down, there's a good chance he could see some serious minutes off the bench at the backup PG spot.

CelticTradition
10-19-2008, 01:49 PM
The knock on Pruitt has always been his playmaking ability. If he gets that down, there's a good chance he could see some serious minutes off the bench at the backup PG spot.

thats true but in all fairness he has shown spurts of making some nice plays. so i think that skill can be enhanced in a year or so with more experience under his belt. so do you hold onto that investment knowing that in a year or so you will no longer have cassell and probally have an older eddie house resulting in a wide open back up role.

bottom line to all of this is the scal situation is really messing things up to the point that we will have to cut / d-league someone that can either be an immediate payoff (miles) or future payoff (pruitt)