PDA

View Full Version : lebron or cp3?

TannerOwnsDevin
10-16-2008, 10:13 PM
start a franchise. who do you pick and why.

pete_one
10-16-2008, 10:22 PM
LeBron b/c he can also run the Point and he is Mufasa

NYMetros
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
You simply cannot go wrong with either guy, but I'll take Lebron.

TannerOwnsDevin
10-16-2008, 10:28 PM
lebron is a bit overrated fellas. cp3 can do more. i like how this guy can take over games by shooting less than 10 FG's in a game.

lebron has to be involved offensively in order to have impact in the game. he's not a good defender (though vastly improved) and he has no long range bomb.

kvrnm
10-16-2008, 10:29 PM
cp3 for me

Vinny642
10-16-2008, 10:32 PM
of course cp3 for me

GiantYankKnicks
10-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Lebron

lakers4sho
10-16-2008, 10:37 PM
There was just another thread about this...

Anyways I pick CP3...he has a lot more upsides and lesser downsides than LeBron...and he'll stay in the NBA longer than him as well...

With LeBron's style I expect him to last until his early thirties at the latest.

Nighthawk
10-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Why must this thread be made..

Is there really a true definitive answer or is just a silly rhetorical question?

CP3 is 23 years old. Last season he was a clear cut MVP candidate and EASILY emerged as the best point guard in the NBA. He made guys like Chandler, West, Peterson and PEJA all look SUPER and much better than they've been before. Im sure he'll do the same with Posey. If there was one pointguard you wanted to Build around its Chris Paul.

As for Lebron, im pretty sure i dont even have to explain. Hes Lebron. One of the most hyped players ever coming into the NBA and he lived up to every bit of it and then some. Already has tooken a team many claim is a bum off scrubs around him to the Finals. He makes everyone around em better. The absolute MEGA STAR!

You ask me and ill say BOTH. You cant say one or the other. There both going to make the TEAM better. There both going to produce BIG TIME. Will put butts in seats and make you lots of money. No matter who you choose you will be correct.

Same thing as to whos better: Kobe or Lebron. WHO CARES. Why even try to debate it. There both amazing athletes and absolute BEASTS! THERE BOTH FUTURE HALL OF FAMERS~!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Cp3, IMO, is starting to get overrated. Chris Paul Over LeBron? IMO this should not be a poll, LeBron is better. LeBron makes his teammates better, can read the court greatly, and is very efficient near the basket. LeBron can play all 5 positions, Chris Paul is a PG and SG and that's it.

BRADfromOZ
10-16-2008, 10:49 PM
LeBron because he is a more marketable player and IMO is a better player than CP3.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-16-2008, 10:50 PM
There was just another thread about this...

Anyways I pick CP3...he has a lot more upsides and lesser downsides than LeBron...and he'll stay in the NBA longer than him as well...

With LeBron's style I expect him to last until his early thirties at the latest.

EARLY THIRTIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He is going to play until he is about 39 or 40.

ARMIN12NBA
10-16-2008, 10:55 PM
EARLY THIRTIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! He is going to play until he is about 39 or 40.

Not really. He solely relies on athleticism. He already plays 40+ MPG every season. He is going to be a much lesser player without his athleticism because he doesn't have the skill set that will keep him in the league even when he loses his superior athleticism.

ARMIN12NBA
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Cp3, IMO, is starting to get overrated. Chris Paul Over LeBron? IMO this should not be a poll, LeBron is better. LeBron makes his teammates better, can read the court greatly, and is very efficient near the basket. LeBron can play all 5 positions, Chris Paul is a PG and SG and that's it.

Every player that plays with Lebron always ends up with considerably worse production once they plays with Lebron. Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Big Z, Wally, etc.

BkOriginalOne
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a thing for Pgs... so i would take Paul, Even though lebron is better.

In the primes of the carreers... CP3 can get someting like 22,12,4 3.0 spg
Lebron is going to get like 33, 8, 8. He is a beast!
Lebron is a more atheltic magic johnson, whereas CP3 has the potential to somewhere better than isiah thomas

lakers4sho
10-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Just think about it this way, it's like saying:

"What would you rather have, a 100 dollars a day every day for a week, or 50 dollars a day every day for a month?"

yojoe792
10-16-2008, 11:19 PM
LeBron is going to go down as the best player ever.

Enough said.

UofA
10-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Lebron, he can run an offense, drive on command, not the best three shooter but he can make them when he has too, great closer, can assist well, best closer in the game besides Kobe, plays D, and has lead his team to the finals with a sub-par cast.

But to be honest, he and CP3 are so close in value IMO that it really could go either way. Lebron I think is only the slightest bit ahead of CP3

Nighthawk
10-16-2008, 11:25 PM
Just think about it this way, it's like saying:

"What would you rather have, a 100 dollars a day every day for a week, or 50 dollars a day every day for a month?"

Might be the ONLY time i agree with a Laker fan.

But this is EEEEXXXXACTLY!!! TRUE

ARMIN12NBA
10-16-2008, 11:27 PM

Enough said.

:pity:

oshea225
10-16-2008, 11:27 PM
lebron. statistical monster, displaying his unbelievable all-around talent. has done more with less (nba finals). hes been more consistent throughout his career (although in defense of cp3, he became what i consider one of the "nba elite" just last season, so he has time to reach lebron). cp3 has been very good his whole career, but has only had 1 season of straight up greatness. if he proves that he can stay at the same level he was at last season, then he might eventually eclipse lebron, but for now im taking lebron without hesitation

23LBJCleBrowns
10-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Every player that plays with Lebron always ends up with considerably worse production once they plays with Lebron. Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Big Z, Wally, etc.

Thats becasue they become second options instead of first. Big Z is stil doing great with LeBron and nobody realizes it.

barreleffact
10-16-2008, 11:50 PM

Enough said.

really? cuz i need u to elaborate on that more please. correct me if im wrong but isnt there a guy named jordan who will forever be known as the greatest because of his skills and his accomplishments? jus pointing it out that lebron will NEVER be comparable to jordan

barreleffact
10-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Thats becasue they become second options instead of first. Big Z is stil doing great with LeBron and nobody realizes it.

ricky davis, larry hughes, and WALLY and BIG BEN....were 1st options at points? mustve been terrible teams. WALLY for sure was never a first option and ben was never an option at all. i dont think ricky was ever the first option, but if he was over darius and boozer than sure, but the team was horrendous. and larry, i couldnt begin to tell you, but i do think lebron contributed to their declines. lebron doesnt make people better, or at least he hasnt shown it. he does draw a LOT of attention tho

barreleffact
10-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Lebron, he can run an offense, drive on command, not the best three shooter but he can make them when he has too, great closer, can assist well, best closer in the game besides Kobe, plays D, and has lead his team to the finals with a sub-par cast.

But to be honest, he and CP3 are so close in value IMO that it really could go either way. Lebron I think is only the slightest bit ahead of CP3

your end result I can agree with, although i take cp3 to start a franchise with. but the bolded parts? really? those have been 2 of the biggest knocks on him his entire career. you're saying he's a better closer than wade, melo, big shot, and a lot of other people. thats peculiar to me. sure billups he may be better than but wade has him too, and bosh has shown glimpses, and melo hits game winners better than anyone. he makes above 65% of them which nobody else comes within like 20% of his rate. just sayin

Ansy
10-17-2008, 12:13 AM
This question is pretty easily LeBron. LeBron is a sure thing, CP3 is not. Just because CP3 is young does not mean he'll improve -- in fact, many players who peak young DON'T improve.

Isiah had one of the sickest seasons a PG has ever had when he was 23; he never matched it or even came close. Larry Johnson was a perennial all-star in the making in his early twenties and then regressed into merely an above-average starter.

Tons of players peak young and regress. LeBron has done it for years now and we know what he can bring. CP3 might keep up at the same pace but he also might go the way of Isiah and merely be a great player but not arguably the best in the league anymore. LeBron is much more of a sure bet to maintain his level of play.

ee
10-17-2008, 12:15 AM
I would like to see Bron with West, Chandler, Peja, with an ok PG, that team is sick.....CP3 is the best PG in the league, but bron can probably play the point just as effective as CP3, that's something that separate lebron from anyone, is that he can be a superstar in 3 position, probably still be top 2 in all 3 and can be an all star caliber at the 4....

blacknell
10-17-2008, 12:22 AM
king james is the best i the league

Beno7500
10-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Give me Bron. A Beast, A Tank with a Ferrari Engine

TannerOwnsDevin
10-17-2008, 01:18 AM

lol

rico
10-17-2008, 01:20 AM
they are both beasts. but lebron can do just about everything cp3 can but more cp3 has better speed and better ct vision/passing perhaps, but lebron can just do so much more. hes insane.

UofA
10-17-2008, 01:38 AM
your end result I can agree with, although i take cp3 to start a franchise with. but the bolded parts? really? those have been 2 of the biggest knocks on him his entire career. you're saying he's a better closer than wade, melo, big shot, and a lot of other people. thats peculiar to me. sure billups he may be better than but wade has him too, and bosh has shown glimpses, and melo hits game winners better than anyone. he makes above 65% of them which nobody else comes within like 20% of his rate. just sayin

If what you say about Melo is true then I'll agree with that. I was talking more about putting a team away in the last couple minutes more than just the very last shot, otherwise it would be big shot rob. Lebron and Wade would be about equal, but Lebrons performance in the playoffs against Detroit has really stuck with me. Also those games where he gets pissed at the fans and goes on a tear, nothing more fun watching in the NBA than that for me. Also I think he's always been an underrated defender. Not the best part of his game granted but better than people give him credit for.

ARMIN12NBA
10-17-2008, 02:13 AM
If what you say about Melo is true then I'll agree with that. I was talking more about putting a team away in the last couple minutes more than just the very last shot, otherwise it would be big shot rob. Lebron and Wade would be about equal, but Lebrons performance in the playoffs against Detroit has really stuck with me. Also those games where he gets pissed at the fans and goes on a tear, nothing more fun watching in the NBA than that for me. Also I think he's always been an underrated defender. Not the best part of his game granted but better than people give him credit for.

One game in the playoffs doesn't make you an all-time great player. How quickly people forget Kobe Bryant's 45 point and 10 rebound performance against the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals in regulation at age 22. I don't remember people claiming he was the next MJ specifically for that one performance and clamor to that one performance (mainly because he has had many).

People have to stop mentioning that one game by Lebron and claim it was the greatest feat ever done by somebody that age. There have been much better performances against better teams as well. Just because he has only had one playoff moment, it doesn't mean everybody should claim it as such a great one. It was a one good playoff game. Don't forget that he had 10 points in game 1, 19 points on 36% shooting in game 2, 25 points on 42% shooting in game 4, and 20 points on 27% shooting in the deciding game 6 (I guess Lebron didn't carry this team after all).

Blue Tiger
10-17-2008, 03:02 AM
I say Lebron.

UofA
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
One game in the playoffs doesn't make you an all-time great player. How quickly people forget Kobe Bryant's 45 point and 10 rebound performance against the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals in regulation at age 22. I don't remember people claiming he was the next MJ specifically for that one performance and clamor to that one performance (mainly because he has had many).

People have to stop mentioning that one game by Lebron and claim it was the greatest feat ever done by somebody that age. There have been much better performances against better teams as well. Just because he has only had one playoff moment, it doesn't mean everybody should claim it as such a great one. It was a one good playoff game. Don't forget that he had 10 points in game 1, 19 points on 36% shooting in game 2, 25 points on 42% shooting in game 4, and 20 points on 27% shooting in the deciding game 6 (I guess Lebron didn't carry this team after all).

I'm not saying Lebron is an all-time great just because of that series, I'm just saying that he showed in a few of them what a great closer he can be. I know that Kobe is the best at that in the game, that's why I said that in my above post. I agree that one game doesn't make a reputation, but I brought up this is one because its one of his best examples.

Nexus
10-17-2008, 05:42 PM
A tank with a Ferrari engine would barely move.

lakers4sho
10-17-2008, 06:20 PM
A tank with a Ferrari engine would barely move.

:laugh2:

IversonIsKrazy
10-17-2008, 06:27 PM
i unno. lebron has gotta get better range and better shot. so i gotta go w/cp3.

Aapox
10-17-2008, 06:36 PM
I have to go with Lebron. He can do everything (so can Cp3, but Lebron is a man-beast). Also, who would you consider the next best SF to Lebron? I think Deron Williams is just as good as or not far behind CP3, but people like Caron Butler, Paul Pierce, etc, really don't compare to Lebron.

_Sn1P3r_
10-18-2008, 01:11 PM
LeBron. The margin from best SF to second is larger than best PG to second. I'd gladly take CP3 too but I'll take Bron.

JordansBulls
10-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Lebron. Only players in their prime in the league that I take over Lebron are Shaq and Duncan. KG and Kobe are a toss up.

GSW_Soul
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
LeBron b/c he can also run the Point and he is Mufasa

I agree and he can get more rebounds.

WickedBadMan
10-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Lebron is better, but CP3 is younger and plays a more important position. Plus CP3 is the man.

b_rad23
10-18-2008, 05:05 PM
I think if you're starting a franchise it has to be Lebron by a wide margin followed by CP3, Deron, Howard, Wade, Bosh, etc.

RapsGuy23
10-18-2008, 05:10 PM
LBJ no question.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-18-2008, 05:11 PM