PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't the Utah Jazz made any moves?

JordansBulls
10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Why haven't the Utah Jazz made any moves? They seem to be one piece away from being able to win it all. It will be extremely tough for them to do anything come playoff time unless Boozer is getting 30 and 15 at that time.

Who can they realistically get or are they pretty much just going to wait it out until Boozer decides on what to do next summer?

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-15-2008, 10:22 PM
tHEY LIKE ak-47

lakers4sho
10-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Because dealing AK-47 might either be their best move, or a move that will send them spiraling down.

They're being cautious, I guess.

UofA
10-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Thats a good question, they do seem on the verge of making a push at the championship but they didn't deal AK47 like I expected them to do this summer

SAVAGE CLAW
10-16-2008, 12:13 AM
Because they are not sure if Boozer is staying or not?

As Ak can play the 4 i would Deal Boozer for Marion right Now.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Cuz Kevin O'Connor is stubborn, and a cheap @$$

A Gerald Wallace was deal was on the table a few years ago. They could have even went after Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal.

Beno7500
10-16-2008, 12:44 AM
IDK, ask Sloan.

theimortalone
10-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Here is a trade that me and my friend have talked about... What about Marion for Boozer? Sloan would love a player like Marion to play for his team. He would make the Jazz alot quicker. Marion would love to have a pg in D-Will like he did with Nash, but the reason why this trade came up between us is because Boozer doesnt plan on returning to UTH and rumors have said that Miami is very interested in him, not to mention he has a home in Miami. What do you guys think? Marion for Boozer?

Utah Jazz Starting 5
PG: D-Will
SG: Price
SF: AK47
PF: Matrix
C: Okur

Miami Heat Starting 5
PG: Chalmers
SG: D-Wade
SF: Beasley
PF: Boozer
C: Haslem

rhino17
10-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Because they are not sure if Boozer is staying or not?

As Ak can play the 4 i would Deal Boozer for Marion right Now.

Boozer is so much better than marion that wouldnt be even close to a fair deal

RapsGuy23
10-16-2008, 01:02 AM
The need a 15-20 pts wing.....a josh howard type. I'm not sure what they're doing over there

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-16-2008, 01:03 AM
WOW boozer is not "Much" better than Marion.... Marion is more a "Sloan" type guy, he hustles, plays hard night in and night out, plays D, only problem would be Marions ego. Imagine DWill with a PF as athletic as Marion, one more problem... you take Boozer off that team, you take off there only post presense.

theimortalone
10-16-2008, 01:29 AM
WOW boozer is not "Much" better than Marion.... Marion is more a "Sloan" type guy, he hustles, plays hard night in and night out, plays D, only problem would be Marions ego. Imagine DWill with a PF as athletic as Marion, one more problem... you take Boozer off that team, you take off there only post presense.

I agree! Marion is exactly what Sloan needs.

Lakersfan2483
10-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Why haven't the Utah Jazz made any moves? They seem to be one piece away from being able to win it all. It will be extremely tough for them to do anything come playoff time unless Boozer is getting 30 and 15 at that time.

Who can they realistically get or are they pretty much just going to wait it out until Boozer decides on what to do next summer?

I don't know who they can acquire without removing a valuable piece from their team. They could look into trading Ak-47 and K. Korver for a guy like Michael Redd or Vince Carter, but I don't think that type of a move would put them over the top.

*I think their main weakness is at the shooting guard position.

theimortalone
10-16-2008, 02:14 AM
http://www.homeofsport2008.cn

homeofsport2008 Co.,LTD greets and desires of success and wishes you happy times.
This is professional export company from china .
We greated in 2006 year ,and now we become the one of best supplier
here because of we keep our credit standing .
Pls visit our site if u are interest in any products below ,
http://www.homeofsport2008.cn
msn:homeofsport@hotmail.com
yahoo ID:homeofsport@yahoo.cn
Our main products :
Fashion shoes:
Air Jordan , Air force , Air max , Shox , Dunk , Adidas , Puma ,
Prada , Chanel , Gucci , Lacoste , LouisVuiton and more .
Fashion Hoodies&T-Shirt&Jeans&Jacket:
Gino Green Globa , Bape , BBC , Evsiu , Juicy couture , Burberry , 10
Deep , LRG , ED Hardy , Chanel , G-Star , Red monkey , lacoste , POLO,
Armani ,Replay , Tommy and more.
Fashion bags:
LouisVuiton , Pada , Chanel , Fendi , Versace , Burberry , MIUMIU ,
Y-3 , Gucci ,Chloe , Guess , Juicy and more
Features:
1) All Package are original ,coming with guarantee cards
2) Main Market : U.S.A , U.K ,ITALY , EURO COUNTRY , AUSTRALIA
3) Ship Company : DHL , TNT , UPS , SODIEX , EMS
4) Payment Method : PAYPAL , WESTERN UNION ,T/T .
5) Custom : We carry the custom clear and promise items must be arrive .
Thanks for your reading , pls mail us if u have any problem with
the business . We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.

Your satisfactions,Our pursuit!

Get this **** out of here mods!

futureman
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
It's simple. They think team chemistry will help improve their defense. No trade out there makes us better and marion would kill our chemistry.

dre1990
10-16-2008, 10:19 AM
IMO, they can already win it all

TheFuture6
10-16-2008, 10:32 AM
It's simple. They think team chemistry will help improve their defense. No trade out there makes us better and marion would kill our chemistry.

Right, they have a very solid team, and have had some pretty good success in the postseason with pretty much the same roster. What can they realistically do to get better?

Aapox
10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The Jazz are stacked and have a very fluid team. I don't think they need to make any moves. All they really lack is a scoring SG, but they have so much other scoring that it's ok.

hdxstunts1
10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I think, that they think their team is championship ready! THey could win it but they wont. I think they will start rebuilding in about 2 years. Harpring done in 2 years and wont be back. Okur done in 2 years might be back but unlikely. Boozer wont resign. AK-47 and Korver gone in 3 years! Collins, Price, Knight and Milsap will be gone after this year. Brewer might be gone in 2 but i see him signing his QO. D.Williams is done after this year but they will resign him and rebuild around him.

By the 2011-2012 season you will see.
D.Williams
R.Brewer
Cj.Miles
K.Koufos
and rookies and maybe a FA or two!
They will start their rebuilding because they've noticed this team isnt working!

blazerman
10-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Utah is an all around good team

I dont why you(the Miami guy) thinks Portland would trade Aldridge or Utah would trade Boozer for Marion. I like Marion but he is the one on or gonna be the trading block.

JordansBulls
10-16-2008, 12:56 PM
The Jazz are stacked and have a very fluid team. I don't think they need to make any moves. All they really lack is a scoring SG, but they have so much other scoring that it's ok.

How are they stacked?

jimbobjarree
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
hah all valid points.

Marion for Boozer is so ******** I dont think I'l even dignify it with a laugh.

we run the pick and roll offense, Sloan's offense depends on it and its been pretty effective for us, and then we trade him for a 1 year rental in Marion. Granted Boozer may leave next season but I'd prefer a season of him than a season of Marion. I'm still annoyed that we didnt trade AK for Marion a seaosn ago-it would have improved out team for last season and this, and we would have 17 mil cap space to re-sign Booz, Korv and Memo.

we havn't made any moves due to the fact we probably have the best team chemistry in the league and the fact that we had like the 3rd youngest team last season. You all saw how much Brewer improved last season, I'm expecting CJ Miles to do the same turnaround now he has a long term deal. The Knight addition will play a part and Koufos can be a pretty handy player for us.

The other reason is the cap. Our owner has refused to ever go into the luxury tax threshold, which gives us 25mil to re-sign Booz, Memo, Korver, Prive and Millsap at the end of the season-a feat that seems impossible- thats the only reason we want AK traded-his contract will be the downfall of this team.

oh and interesting fact is that we set the market for Deng this summer, we supposedly pushed real hard to get him.

and I'd say we are a pretty deep team, we have more or less everything except a decent big defensive center, but then again we shall see how Fessenko develops this season, but I dont think anyone is holding their breath on him.

Sloan has already said this is the best team he has ever had...a pretty bold statement. We have a really good chance this season, if we sort our road woes out early we could easily challenge for the title.

NYstateofMinD
10-16-2008, 02:38 PM
They added Brevin Knight which I believe will help their backup PG position alot.

$ NyC $
10-16-2008, 03:22 PM
I think working a trade for either Vince Carter or Ben Gorden would be great 4 them. I'd rather have Vince Carter cause with a great PG like Deron Williams they could go far.

jimbobjarree
10-16-2008, 04:12 PM
maybe BG but definatly not carter

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-16-2008, 04:45 PM
^ i agree but they need a third star

BkOriginalOne
10-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Team chemsitry is good, they're winning.
They're not sure what Boozer plans to do (he has a habit of leaving.. why did he leave lebron to play with Dwill.. no offense)
They're the division champs for like the past 3 years (in the west!)

I think they are an offensive player away from getting a ring though. Someone who can shoot and score points at the 2 position. Anyone who can give them about 20 points and play some solid D.

jimbobjarree
10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
lol, we dont need another offensive player.

we had like the best, or second best offense in the league last season, and field goal percentage...we can score just fine.

we are focussing on D, and thats where we need to improve more and I think we are every season, time will tell if our D is good enough this season to go further.

IMO we need a decent big defensive center in the rotation with Okur to improve, but oh well.

goku
10-16-2008, 05:15 PM
lol, we dont need another offensive player.

we had like the best, or second best offense in the league last season, and field goal percentage...we can score just fine.

we are focussing on D, and thats where we need to improve more and I think we are every season, time will tell if our D is good enough this season to go further.

IMO we need a decent big defensive center in the rotation with Okur to improve, but oh well.

yall need someone who can defend allstar wings consistantly

futureman
10-16-2008, 05:50 PM
How are they stacked?

The rockets can answer that question for you buddy.

futureman
10-16-2008, 05:59 PM
I think, that they think their team is championship ready! THey could win it but they wont. I think they will start rebuilding in about 2 years. Harpring done in 2 years and wont be back. Okur done in 2 years might be back but unlikely. Boozer wont resign. AK-47 and Korver gone in 3 years! Collins, Price, Knight and Milsap will be gone after this year. Brewer might be gone in 2 but i see him signing his QO. D.Williams is done after this year but they will resign him and rebuild around him.

By the 2011-2012 season you will see.
D.Williams
R.Brewer
Cj.Miles
K.Koufos
and rookies and maybe a FA or two!
They will start their rebuilding because they've noticed this team isnt working!

You fail to mention that we can pull a boston in 2010. If boozer leaves and we become a lottery team. We will have New Yorks Pick, Our Pick and AK's huge 18 million dollar expiring contract to work with. I'm pretty sure there will be teams that would want Ricky Rubio. And I pray that both Dwight and Kevin Martin are both disgruntled by then

jimbobjarree
10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
and we have D Will locked up for 4 seasons already anyway. We have him, CJ, Koufos (who will eventually take over from Okur) locked up. Brewer will stay if he continues to start, and if we dont re-sign Boozer we will have the funds to re-sign everyone else that expire this season. We have the Knicks pick in 2010 so rebuilding should be quite quick and easy. Oh, and we also have Almond, and potential offensive monster who doesnt even get into the active roster...hows that for stacked

Bruno
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Its because their most expendable/valuable player, AK-47 has too big of a salary to move. Deron and Boozer should be in it for the long haul. If they want anything good in return, they need to build packages around AK or Okur.

astrosmaniac
10-16-2008, 07:07 PM
The rockets can answer that question for you buddy.

not really. only had a healthy team once and they had a horrible supporting cast outside of t-mac and yao

Cavs_Fan24
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
I think they have tried making moves, but couldn't find one that they lied yet. I personally think they're being smart because around mid-season they'll get a better deal available and then we'll see what happens.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-16-2008, 11:55 PM
IMO, the Jazz are a championship Calaber team. They have a great starting Line-Up. I think the trade for Brevin Knight in the offseason was big because they are now stacked at guard position, D-Will, Ronnie Price, Ronnie Brewer, Brevin Knight, Kyle Korver (SF and SG), etc. They have a strong bench, I can see them winning the west this year.

LAKERS 24/7
10-17-2008, 01:20 AM
According to Hollinger, they're going to be 1st in the west. I guess the Jazz believe him.

Blue Tiger
10-17-2008, 03:04 AM
The Jazz don't have to make an move, they are already an elite team of the west they just need to play harder that's all.

sportsnutzz
10-17-2008, 03:08 AM
I am sure the Jazz will make a move if one that makes sense becomes available. Obviously to this point nothing like this has happened. Also I think they have made some "moves" that will improve them this year. Half the team is in the best shape they have been in. AK coming off the bench is brilliant in my opinion, I think we will see him resemble the old AK all Jazz fans miss. He is a much better player when given the ball more. Then for some reason his D picks up dramatically. I also think Korver is going to have a bigger impact than he did last year. Plus not to mention I believe D-will will be mentioned as a possible MVP by the end of the season like CP3 was last year.

I don't know what is going to happen after this year, but I think the Jazz are fine and this is going to be an amazing year for them. So unless something that makes a lot of sense opens up I don't see the Jazz making a trade. Like people mentioned before me this team has GREAT chemistry and I don't think the front office is going to mess with that unless its an big trade for players we can keep long term. They don't need to make a move like the Marion trade just to have a player for a year.