PDA

View Full Version : What gives with Crable?

Crickr
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
He was an animal in preseason where is he now? I don't think he has been in a regular season game or even activated for a game. I think he could help........

The Intimidator
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM
He was an animal in preseason where is he now? I don't think he has been in a regular season game or even activated for a game. I think he could help........

This frustrates me as well. This guy really impressed in the preseason, and I thought that he would be used quite a bit in sub packages. To this point, that certainly has not happened. I'm not sure if he's in the doghouse, if he's hurt, or if they just don't think he can contribute on a game-to-game basis. I still think that he will do some good things for this team by the end of the season, though. He has too much talent to be on the sidelines in street clothes every week.

ERLynx
10-15-2008, 04:49 PM
yea. i'm pretty bummed about the rookies, besides Mayo, thus far.

Shock & Awe....
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
It's funny how this works out....
I got blasted by you guys after the draft for not being impressed with our rookies.
Now, you guys are not impressed with our rookies and I'm sitting here thinking "We're not even 2 months into these guys 1st season..."
Irony...

griff141
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
yea. i'm pretty bummed about the rookies, besides Mayo, thus far.

None of the rookies have really had a chance besides Mayo. I'm very pleased with Mayo, although he hasn't made any plays that merit the highlight reel, he's been very consistent week in and week out. I think that if we can't turn things around and are still playing poorly by the end of November, the rookies should play at least 75% of the snaps for the rest of the season so they progress faster.

The Intimidator
10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Mayo has 34 tackles in 5 games, and is on pace for an impressive 109 tackles overall.

sman1234
10-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Gary Guyton is better then Shawn Crable

The Intimidator
10-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Gary Guyton is better then Shawn Crable

Thanks for your input. That's not what this thread is about though.

Crickr
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
It's funny how this works out....
I got blasted by you guys after the draft for not being impressed with our rookies.
Now, you guys are not impressed with our rookies and I'm sitting here thinking "We're not even 2 months into these guys 1st season..."
Irony...

I am not unimpressed I would like to see them have more time on the feild.

bagwell368
10-15-2008, 11:34 PM
He looked great in pre season.

He is obviously not playing.

What happened to "in Bill we trust"?

The Intimidator
10-16-2008, 12:17 AM
He looked great in pre season.

He is obviously not playing.

What happened to "in Bill we trust"?

I still trust in Bill, but it is a bit confusing as to why he isn't playing after such a strong preseason. Like I said before, it's unclear whether or not he's in the doghouse, or if he's hurt, but the fact remains that I really want to see Crable out there.

Wake's Fastball
10-16-2008, 11:29 AM
The guy's an exceptional pass rusher, but that's exactly what Woods brings to the table as well. It's basically deciding between the two of them who you want to play, and I'll take Woods, given that he's been around for a few years now.

Shock & Awe....
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Woods offers value on special teams... Crable does not...
Until the Pats need bodies at OLB... Crable will remain inactive.
No need to worry yet

futureheisman
10-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I would like to see him in there more.

kbjohnson26
11-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Well even with him being on IR, Unlike the majority, I think we have a solid Rookie Class, unlike previous years, alot of them are seeing more playing time because of injuries. Normally we wouldnt even care about the rookie class until year two or three because they hardly ever play (except OL and the 1st rounders)

We started saying the same about Merriweather last year and he's looked pretty good so far this year.

bagwell368
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
We started saying the same about Merriweather last year and he's looked pretty good so far this year.

:worthy: just what I was going to write, just so!

The Intimidator
11-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Well even with him being on IR, Unlike the majority, I think we have a solid Rookie Class, unlike previous years, alot of them are seeing more playing time because of injuries. Normally we wouldnt even care about the rookie class until year two or three because they hardly ever play (except OL and the 1st rounders)

The thing with Meriweather is that he was screwing up while on the field. Crable didn't even get onto the field before bring placed on IR.