PDA

View Full Version : The trend when it comes to playoffs of Teams Wanting to Play Other Teams .....

JordansBulls
10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
The trend when it comes to the Playoffs of Teams Wanting to Play Other Teams in the SAME Conference.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Phoenix probably wants to play the Spurs to show they can beat them.

Spurs probably want to play the Lakers to show that they can dominate them just as much (Lost in '01, '02, '04 and '08 to them, won in '99 and '03 against them)

Lakers probably want to play the Suns since the Suns beat them in 2006 and 2007

Rockets would like to play the Jazz since they lost twice to them with HCA in 2006 and 2007

Jazz probably would like to play the Spurs or Lakers since those were the last two teams to beat them

Hornets would like to beat the Spurs since they lost game 7 at home last year.

Nuggets would like to play the Spurs since they lost to them in 2005 and 2007.

Mavericks would for sure like to play the Warriors in a rematch of 2007, however the team is no where near the same for the Warriors.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Pistons would like to play any number of teams (Cavs for beating them in 2007 or Celtics last year)

Orlando would like to play the Pistons since they beat them in 2007 and 2008

Toronto would like to play the Magic to show who is boss.

Cavaliers would like to play the Celtics to show they can beat them

Celtics would like to play the Hawks and Cavs to show they were just off their game last time they met.

Wizards would like to play the Cavs after losing to them for 3 straight years in round 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Others that I am missing?

It's weird how the scenario plays out for each of these cases. Each team probably would like to play another team that defeated them and so on.

Wilson
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Lakers - Hornets? For the MVP argument.

Also, I think the Lakers might want another shot at the Celtics.

kntresistheheat
10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Nuggets and Mavs are in the eastern confrence???:confused:

The Heat would like to play everyone since they only won 15 games last year:(

The trend when it comes to the Playoffs of Teams Wanting to Play Other Teams in the SAME Conference.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Phoenix probably wants to play the Spurs to show they can beat them.

Spurs probably want to play the Lakers to show that they can dominate them just as much (Lost in '01, '02, '04 and '08 to them, won in '99 and '03 against them)

Lakers probably want to play the Suns since the Suns beat them in 2006 and 2007

Rockets would like to play the Jazz since they lost twice to them with HCA in 2006 and 2007

Jazz probably would like to play the Spurs or Lakers since those were the last two teams to beat them

Hornets would like to beat the Spurs since they lost game 7 at home last year.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Pistons would like to play any number of teams (Cavs for beating them in 2007 or Celtics last year)

Orlando would like to play the Pistons since they beat them in 2007 and 2008

Toronto would like to play the Magic to show who is boss.

Cavaliers would like to play the Celtics to show they can beat them

Celtics would like to play the Hawks and Cavs to show they were just off their game last time they met.

Wizards would like to play the Cavs after losing to them for 3 straight years in round 1.

Nuggets would like to play the Spurs since they lost to them in 2005 and 2007.

Mavericks would for sure like to play the Warriors in a rematch of 2007, however the team is no where near the same for the Warriors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Others that I am missing?

It's weird how the scenario plays out for each of these cases. Each team probably would like to play another team that defeated them and so on.

Wilson
10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Nuggets and Mavs are in the eastern confrence???:confused:

The Heat would like to play everyone since they only won 15 games last year:(

Warriors and Spurs are there too :confused: :laugh2:

$ NyC $
10-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Or maybe, the teams that got defeated by the other teams WOULDN'T wanna play them agen so maybe they could advance without being defeated by the same team.

king4day
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this but as being a fan I don't want anything to do with the Spurs anymore. We've tried everything and nothing works. Duncans era has to end before I'll ever want to see them in the playoffs.

UofA
10-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this but as being a fan I don't want anything to do with the Spurs anymore. We've tried everything and nothing works. Duncans era has to end before I'll ever want to see them in the playoffs.

agreed

$ NyC $
10-15-2008, 02:43 PM
That was what i was trying 2 say without using any examples. Like maybe those teams (such as the suns) would prefer not playing a team that has repeatedly beaten them (like the spurs), because maybe they would advance if they didn't. 4 example, maybe the Suns would have won the championship if they didn't play the Spurs.

jrice9
10-15-2008, 02:48 PM
I really want to see magic-raptors again

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
i wann rockets vs jazz

JordansBulls
10-16-2008, 03:24 PM
I really want to see magic-raptors again

That would go 7 this year if everyone is healthy.