PDA

View Full Version : 2010 agents

sox04rR
10-15-2008, 12:27 PM
actully where will lebron wade and bosh end up...

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
its 2008. why RE WE ASKING THIS NOW when nobody knows?

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM
Exactly...this shouldn't be brought up now because someone is going to say a big name player is going to NY and then someone (probably from Cleveland) is going to completely rip on that person.

daleja424
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
lebron will be in CLE, wade in MIAMI, and Bosh not in Toronto.... nobody ever stays in Canada when they are FA's...do they? why would they???

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Wade and LeBron will stay on their hometeams. But with the Cap space the Cavs have then, Cavs will sign Amare Stoudemire or Chris Bosh.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Wade and LeBron will stay on their hometeams. But with the Cap space the Cavs have then, Cavs will sign Amare Stoudemire or Chris Bosh.

:pity:

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
And so it begins...Amare is not going to want to play second fiddle to anyone...which is why NY is actually a viable option considering they now play an uptempo game and Stat would be the clear cut #1 option, unlike in Cleveland where he would be #2 and would play in a much slower game...Also, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Bosh stays in Toronto. It looks like they are trying to bait him into staying by getting a better team around him. They have an all star caliber pg in Calderon a possible star in JO (when he's not injured) and they have good shooters to surround them. All they need is a better bench and a better shooting guard or small forward and they can make a real run in the east.

I Am Awesome-O
10-15-2008, 04:09 PM

Wow

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
We have $30 million open that year.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
We have $30 million open that year.

you do know that Players have to agree
to come to the team, not just because you have the money they will
automatically come to your team...

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
It doesn't mean that you are going to be getting the BPA...there are very few players that like playing the boring, slow offense that Cleveland has been running...Also, all of the players in the market that year are not going to want to play second fiddle to Lebron unless they are in the winding down stages of their careers...

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
^ Amare is not going to NY
he will become #1 option or is the #1 option right now

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:15 PM
No, MiamiHeat, I am just saying we will sign someone big, but I would like one of those two.
Also, Knicks1214 do you watch the Cavs? We don't play slow ball, we huslte down the court and now with Mo Williams running the point it will move quicker.

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Cleveland is going to sign a few (solid) role players, at best...no superstar, like I said, is going to want to play second fiddle to Lebron unless his career is winding down. Also, Miami, I was just saying that there is a better possibility of him coming to NY, if we have the room, than a player is going to Cleveland to play second fiddle. Amare does not enjoy playing defense, something he will have to do in Phoenix. Also, 23LBJ, did you watch your team at all last year? You were, I'm 90% sure, one of the slowest teams in the NBA--one of the 5 slowest teams in the NBA by averaging the least amount of possessions. So you have two players running, congrats? Have fun running with Wally, who is one of the, if not the, least athletic player in the NBA, and is not very fast; Z who can barely move as it is in a half court offense. And Wallace who gets injured more often...Z and Ben both play 30+ mpg...you can't run with two players...

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Wally expires this year and ben wallace expires in two years.

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
You still have Z...nobody is going to want him...face the facts, no superstar is going to Cleveland and a certain superstar might actually be leaving Cleveland.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Your a typical Knicks fan. Z is retiring with the Cavs and he is a great player. You apparently don't watch the Cavs.

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I watch enough to know that they play(ed) an extremely slow type of basketball last year, which included playing defense--something that many players do not enjoy playing. I'm not a typical Knicks fan because I don't say that he will definitely be coming to NY, I just think that there is in fact a good chance. You can't even try to refute the fact that any superstar would want to go to Cleveland to play be the second player on a team...Also, I know that Z is a great player, but you can't run with him...at all.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Your a typical Knicks fan. Z is retiring with the Cavs and he is a great player. You apparently don't watch the Cavs.

Mark Blount is a great player

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Why would you not want to play with LeBron? When did you watch the Cavs play?

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Whenever they were on national tv last year, and the games that I was able to find last year online I watched them play. Lebron is a player that I enjoy watching...Also, just to point out, when Lebron is a F.A. in 2010, the collective bargaining agreement will have the cap somewhere around 70 mill, if not more. With that in mind, the Knicks will have 25 million to sign Lebron--then he will get the huge kicker deal from Nike for being in the biggest marketing city in the U.S.
Now to answer your question: Why would you not want to play with Lebron?
Answer: Ego. Every NBA player has an ego, and an especially big one if they are considered a star, that makes them think that they should be the #1 on their team (with the exception of Nash who is a star but doesn't mind playing behind STAT). Players like Amare, Wade, (Bosh?), and other players of that caliber are not going to want to play as Robin to Lebron's Batman. Especially during the prime of their careers. Once they get older, sure, then they would probably want to do that because they would want to win more championships if they have not done so already. However, players want to prove that they can lead teams to the finals by themselves first--happened with Vince. It is not likely that they are able to sign another young superstar free agent to play, and coexist with Lebron perfectly. They will sign role players that they think will be able to fill the void, if he does in fact resign with the Cavs.

cmellofan15
10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Mark Blount is a great player

Wrong

Mark Blount is a TERRIFIC player.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 04:59 PM
Good point, well that offseason the Cavs will be able to sign 2 maybe 3 great role players. Mike Miller? I hope so.

OK, well the Cavs should be a quicker moving team this year.

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Quicker than in the past, definitely. However, fast? Not yet. They need to get rid of Z and Ben before they can start running the entire game. Now back to the main topic: Free agents in 2010. I found an article about Bosh possibly going to Orlando in 2010, but it's a relatively old article. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/43592-chris-bosh-could-bolt-for-orlando-in-2010

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Wrong

Mark Blount is a TERRIFIC player.

LOL I love the reaction of the guy behind obama
his like
preach brother preach!

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 05:04 PM
The only reason why I wouldn't get rid of Z is becasue he is a great player. He has a great jumper and is one of the true centers left in the game. Also, Wallace won't be starting by the end of the year, we will make a trade, and I also hope Hickson turns out to be a beast.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 05:06 PM
The only reason why I wouldn't get rid of Z is becasue he is a great player. He has a great jumper and is one of the true centers left in the game. Also, Wallace won't be starting by the end of the year, we will make a trade, and I also hope Hickson turns out to be a beast.

BLOUNT is better

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Blount is great at driving and shooting and HELL hes good at everything!

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Z is great but he can't really move that quickly anymore. His injuries early in his career really slowed him down, he could have been one of the best centers ever possibly. Hickson is going to be a very solid pf. I still think you need a center who can run though. For next years draft, you should be looking at someone like Ogilvy, who can be a player in between Miller and Bogut. Or Jerome Jordan who is a good athlete, shot blocker, and has gotten better every year he has played in college. Both are probably going to be mid teens to early 20's so you could potentially get him. Best case player for you would be Griffen--poor man's young Stoudemire; but that probably won't happen as he is going to be either the first, second, or third pick depending on what teams have those picks.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I really want Brad Miller.

knicks1214
10-15-2008, 05:25 PM
What about Dirk then you draft Jerome Jordan? Dirk would be reasonable because by the time he is a free agent, he will be 32 and would be looking to win a championship. That I think is a reasonable addition/possibility for the Cavs.

RL1307
10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
well well have to wait till 2010.....but i think if dwade resigns with miami then the bulls might go after amare

thedfactor
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
LeBron should go to New York. Whether it's the Knicks or the Nets in Brooklyn. Reading from NBA page on ESPN, I think it comes down to David Lee whether the Knicks have a shot at LBJ. Lee deserves his money, but it will be a cost that might interfer with the money they want to save for King James. With the Nets still not exactly sure when they will move it leaves James in uncertainty about the franchise which could cause him to stay away.

snoop2327
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I think Lebron if he does become a FA it will be in 2011 he wont opt out early and leave on bad terms like that

RapsGuy23
10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
lebron will be in CLE, wade in MIAMI, and Bosh not in Toronto.... nobody ever stays in Canada when they are FA's...do they? why would they???

Hummm, how to respond to the douche bag...

Maybe calling you a douche was a bit premature. I 'll put that on hold for the moment. Do tell, why do you think Toronto is such an unappealing destination/location for NBA players?

RapsGuy23
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
There are too many of these threads. Lets focus on the upcoming season shall we!!!

haircanada
10-15-2008, 06:58 PM
nice