PDA

View Full Version : Delthea O'Neal

Patsfreak1776
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
He reminds me a lot of that superstar we had back in 2005......Duane Starks. Are they really the same person? Serioulsy, having 35 year old Troy Brown back there at DB would've been better than this. You're telling me this guy was a better option than Ty Law?

bagwell368
10-15-2008, 01:10 PM
He reminds me a lot of that superstar we had back in 2005......Duane Starks. Are they really the same person? Serioulsy, having 35 year old Troy Brown back there at DB would've been better than this. You're telling me this guy was a better option than Ty Law?

In the NFL you have asked half a question, w/o the salaries included in the discussion, it's not possible to answer. I heard that Law was being very firm in his demands.

The Intimidator
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
In the NFL you have asked half a question, w/o the salaries included in the discussion, it's not possible to answer. I heard that Law was being very firm in his demands.

Exactly. Not only did Law apparently ask for quite a bit of money, but he has also lost a step or two...or four or five. Come on, Law knows our system, but his days as a shutdown corner were over about 4 years ago, and his days as a decent corner are also far behind him.

MilledgeGomez
10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
This was talked about oh CSNE the other night. I think BB and the Pats made the wrong choice not bringing back Asante. We had the money but thought it wasnt worth it. It wasnt the best decision but we have to move past it. the only problem is now the secondary is filled with inexperince and scrubs

ERLynx
10-17-2008, 11:28 AM
60 million for 6 years or whatever asante got is ridiculous. the eagles are paying out the nose for him. the difference between them and us is they have a surplus of good young talent. chris gocong, stuart bradley, quentin mikell and sheldon brown. not to mention lito sheppard. so my point here is that i have no point.

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 12:39 PM
60 million for 6 years or whatever asante got is ridiculous. the eagles are paying out the nose for him. the difference between them and us is they have a surplus of good young talent. chris gocong, stuart bradley, quentin mikell and sheldon brown. not to mention lito sheppard. so my point here is that i have no point.

:laugh:

Patsfan56
10-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Exactly. Not only did Law apparently ask for quite a bit of money, but he has also lost a step or two...or four or five. Come on, Law knows our system, but his days as a shutdown corner were over about 4 years ago, and his days as a decent corner are also far behind him.

Apparently Miami might give him a workout.

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Apparently Miami might give him a workout.

Yeah I heard that today. I don't think that they'll be too impressed.

Patsfan56
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
me either, but good for him if it works out.

The Intimidator
10-17-2008, 05:16 PM
me either, but good for him if it works out.

Oh yeah, definitely. I wish him well. No hard feelings.

bagwell368
10-18-2008, 09:24 AM
This was talked about oh CSNE the other night. I think BB and the Pats made the wrong choice not bringing back Asante. We had the money but thought it wasnt worth it. It wasnt the best decision but we have to move past it. the only problem is now the secondary is filled with inexperince and scrubs

It was a terrible contract for the Pats. After it's over you take a poll of Eagles fans if it was worth it, I think it'll be at least 80-20 against.

Want proof? Study on the players that left here since BB for big contracts elsewhere - it is with two exceptions (and they were basically worth it, not a dollar more) a trail of tears and disaster for the teams that signed our x players.

futureheisman
10-18-2008, 06:26 PM
this guy sucks

The Intimidator
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Another insightful statement from future heisman. :D

futureheisman
10-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Where is Duane Starks when you need him hahaha

griff141
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Where is Duane Starks when you need him hahaha

Lol or Earthwind Moreland

The Intimidator
10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Lol or Earthwind Moreland

I loved that guy! #29 in your programs, #1 in your hearts!

futureheisman
10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
hahaha

Red_Sox_89
10-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Another insightful statement from future heisman. :D

Haha, he knows what he's talking about, doesn't he?

doesntmatter1
10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
someone mentioned earthwind moreland and it brings back memories. We should give him another chance like in the preseason or something. I remember very clearly that he was always in good position but always missed the ball. In the Kansas city game in 2004 i remember he could have deflected a deep ball pass if is arms were 2 inches longer and in the same game he could of had an interception and then he fell and the ball was caught and i think that was the last time i saw the dude. Someone in the NFL should give him one more chance.

The Intimidator
10-24-2008, 12:44 PM
someone mentioned earthwind moreland and it brings back memories. We should give him another chance like in the preseason or something. I remember very clearly that he was always in good position but always missed the ball. In the Kansas city game in 2004 i remember he could have deflected a deep ball pass if is arms were 2 inches longer and in the same game he could of had an interception and then he fell and the ball was caught and i think that was the last time i saw the dude. Someone in the NFL should give him one more chance.

:confused:

chomaru
10-25-2008, 02:17 AM
I missed the game, how did O'Neal do on monday night?

futureheisman
10-25-2008, 08:26 AM
he sucked again

The Intimidator
10-25-2008, 11:32 AM
he sucked again

Yeah, he really blew that last game for the Pats. Oh wait, didn't the Pats' D give up only 7 points, 275 net yards and force 5 turnovers? But yeah, Deltha O'Neal must have stuck out like a sore thumb. Come on dude.

futureheisman
10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
sorry way too critical

The Intimidator
10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm just saying he couldn't have been that bad when the D was that nasty...

futureheisman
10-26-2008, 03:11 PM
agreed

penuch
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Well O'neal had a nice pick to end the game followed by a nice run back :clap:

The Intimidator
10-26-2008, 04:12 PM
I think that this thread can be closed now!!!!!!!!!!!

futureheisman
10-27-2008, 03:54 PM
very nice pick to end the game

RedSoxFan2434
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Cornerback is are weak position on this team by far we have a good front 7 and we stop the run just whenever a team goes down field it seems to always be going near o'neal and the receiver catches it most of the time. I sometimes see on the replay of a play him just getting beat by 10 yards i think he is too old to play i think he would be better at safety where he doesn't hav to cover that much.

I also think we shooda tried to trade a 1st rounder for lito sheppard in the offseason and i still think we could do that now

Crickr
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Cornerback is are weak position on this team by far we have a good front 7 and we stop the run just whenever a team goes down field it seems to always be going near o'neal and the receiver catches it most of the time. I sometimes see on the replay of a play him just getting beat by 10 yards i think he is too old to play i think he would be better at safety where he doesn't hav to cover that much.

I also think we shooda tried to trade a 1st rounder for lito sheppard in the offseason and i still think we could do that now

The trade deadline has been over for several weeks and there are no trades anywhere in the league until the offseason and more likley during the draft so the pats will eather have to stand Pat with what they have or pick up a free agent of which there isn't much to choose from..........

griff141
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
IMO the best thing we could do with the secondary is stop shuffling bodies around looking for the band-aid fix. Bringing in someone like Ty Law or any other free agent DB would just add to that. Now I'm not saying someone like Law wouldn't help, he certainly would, but what I think needs to be done is to keep everything in house and coach up our young players and rookies, and get them going strong on their development to the pro level.

The Intimidator
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
IMO the best thing we could do with the secondary is stop shuffling bodies around looking for the band-aid fix. Bringing in someone like Ty Law or any other free agent DB would just add to that. Now I'm not saying someone like Law wouldn't help, he certainly would, but what I think needs to be done is to keep everything in house and coach up our young players and rookies, and get them going strong on their development to the pro level.

This is just like the QB situation in the sense that if there was someone out there, who the Pats thought could help, they would have picked him up already. If the Pats thought that a guy like Ty Law could help them out, he wouldn't still be sitting on his couch. Clearly, the Pats think that the guys on their roster are fine, so I wouldn't expect any earth-shattering signings.

RedSoxFan2434
10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
The trade deadline has been over for several weeks and there are no trades anywhere in the league until the offseason and more likley during the draft so the pats will eather have to stand Pat with what they have or pick up a free agent of which there isn't much to choose from..........
true i forgot it ended and roy williams was the real only guy traded during the deadline afta the season so i think they shood wait intill the draft and either get a 1st round corner or trade for lito sheppard.

Why havent they resigned john lynch he was good in preseason and i thought they said they would sign him again during the regular season plus with rodney harrison hurt get lynch then move meriweather to corner

The Intimidator
10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
true i forgot it ended and roy williams was the real only guy traded during the deadline afta the season so i think they shood wait intill the draft and either get a 1st round corner or trade for lito sheppard.

Why havent they resigned john lynch he was good in preseason and i thought they said they would sign him again during the regular season plus with rodney harrison hurt get lynch then move meriweather to corner

They like Meriweather more at safety. He has more of a safety's body, so they need him there. And I thought that we would sign Lynch too, but if they were going to sign him, they would have done it by now.

futureheisman
10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
oneal vs reggie wayne will se how good he is this week

STAT OWNS
10-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Reggie will win that no problem

The Intimidator
10-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Reggie will win that no problem

Not necessarily. This isn't the usual powerhouse Colts offense. Manning has been nothing more than average this season, and has a passer rating 15 points below his career average, and is averaging 1.03 yards per attempt lower than his career average, which is very significant. Statistically, Matt Cassel has been better this season. So when you think logically about it, Manning might not be getting the ball to Wayne so easily.

ERLynx
10-31-2008, 09:26 AM
at any rate, the rookies are getting game experience, which could be good for our defense next year. bring in a few other guys, maybe draft some, get healthy, and we could be looking at a strong secondary next year. who knows, maybe just wishful thinking. but i like to think wilhite and wheatley and richardson are getting better the more they are on the field.

Crickr
10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
at any rate, the rookies are getting game experience, which could be good for our defense next year. bring in a few other guys, maybe draft some, get healthy, and we could be looking at a strong secondary next year. who knows, maybe just wishful thinking. but i like to think wilhite and wheatley and richardson are getting better the more they are on the field.

I agree . I really think the experience that they are getting now is going to pay opff big next year. They will have their moments this year where they do some stupid things and then some good things but it is all a learning experience under fire.

Gunzito22
10-31-2008, 10:32 AM
here to tell you kid. Delthea O Neal... eh

but i think he can stay with reggie Wayne... Reggie is not what he was 2 - 3 years ago...

chomaru
10-31-2008, 07:56 PM

I think we have some good young corners on our team now, Id rather not trade a 1st rounder to pick up a lito sheppard type. The Titans are doing it now with 2 young guys I think.

futureheisman
11-01-2008, 01:45 PM
lets sign a guy like kelvin hayden

futureheisman
11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
why didnt we make more of an effort to get hall

The Intimidator
11-09-2008, 01:08 PM
why didnt we make more of an effort to get hall

Because he's an overrated corner who didn't show anything with Oakland. The Pats didn't want to pay him 500,000 dollars for half a season, which is what Washington paid him.

The Intimidator
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Another interception from Deltha today. Face it haters, he's not that bad.

futureheisman
11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
he has gotten beaten more times then he has made plays

The Intimidator
11-09-2008, 06:54 PM
he has gotten beaten more times then he has made plays

Present me with some evidence of that, please.