PDA

View Full Version : 83 million tax free, private villa, private boat::: Kobe

Lindystud36
10-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Yea the Greece team Supposidly offered Kobe an unbelievable offer, i am still trying to comprehend this as i saw it on sportscenter just now. 10:55 p.m. eastern time.

Later Kobe

Dude better take that deal

3 years 83 mill tax free, holy crap

jrice9
10-15-2008, 11:15 AM
link. and isnt he under a contract so he cant take it

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 11:17 AM
its not gonna happen any ways. its just stupid that they keep offering this much money. kobe isnt a money whore and he wants to stay in the us

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 11:17 AM

they said it on sports center

JIDsanity
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
83 mill, my *** would have been on the next flight out.

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
your ***. but kobe is already getting millions from endorsements and other stuff so he is already getting that or close to that

marvILLous
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM

theyre gonna offer it next summer

JIDsanity
10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
your ***. but kobe is already getting millions from endorsements and other stuff so he is already getting that or close to that

No he isn't. America has taxes.
83Mill no taxes?? Do you know how much that is?????? Plus they give him a boat, a car, and a house. No way this is real.

jrice9
10-15-2008, 11:56 AM
With the houses, boats,villas and other endorsements he would get in europe thats about 35 million a year tax free

tru
10-15-2008, 12:20 PM
he's making more than that right now

Lindystud36
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
35 million a year is way to much money to turn down

and they said it on sports center so thats the link

Nighthawk
10-15-2008, 12:58 PM
It def was on Sportscenter

And all these people saying he wont go JUST SOP....

We dont know if he will go or he wont....

Until hes a Free Agent and he rejects/accepts this GENEROUS offer its all just mehh

barreleffact
10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
It def was on Sportscenter

And all these people saying he wont go JUST SOP....

We dont know if he will go or he wont....

Until hes a Free Agent and he rejects/accepts this GENEROUS offer its all just mehh

someones been watching the simpsons movie...jp

but I agree. We've seen through Brand that even a loyal person can change for the right offer. KBB loves Europe too. Wasnt he raised there? And IDK if he makes 31 mil per after taxes. before, I think he makes about 40-50mil per, but after taxes its like 20-25...not huge when you're rich but yea, its a pretty big gap. add the villa, car, boat, and w/e else TAX FREE...I wouldnt blame him.

The biggest reason I could think of for Kobe to stay is because he is a legit contender with the lakers and that drive to do more than Jordan might motivate him to settle for less money(He will never be seen higher than Jordan no matter what he does though unfortunately). I see him as that player who wants to be the best of the best and be known as the best. retiring to go to europe would tarnish his name considerably to a lot of people.

Big Quett
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
No he isn't. America has taxes.
83Mill no taxes?? Do you know how much that is?????? Plus they give him a boat, a car, and a house. No way this is real.

Its on sportscenter

Big Quett
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
he's making more than that right now

No he is not. After taxes maybe close to it. But that is with endorsements. But what makes people think he wont get new endorsements and maybe still keep his other ones. In the US he has to compete for endorsements with people like LeBron, Wade, and Carmello and so on. Overseas he would be the clear cut only superstar. He would be pushing every product over there.

jrice9
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Also he isnt as big endorsement wise as some of the emerging young guys. He would have europe all by himself if he went there

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
wow
I wouldn't turn it down, I think he should take it
because no way in hell he gets that kind of money
here and is tax free :speechless:

MoBASS
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
The biggest reason I could think of for Kobe to stay is because he is a legit contender with the lakers and that drive to do more than Jordan might motivate him to settle for less money(He will never be seen higher than Jordan no matter what he does though unfortunately). I see him as that player who wants to be the best of the best and be known as the best. retiring to go to europe would tarnish his name considerably to a lot of people.

There is NO WAY Kobe is going anywhere. It's not about the money, it's about the legacy.

If Kobe wins 6 he will go down as the greatest ever, hands down.

The talent level and parity of the NBA increases substantially every decade (i.e. if LeBron were to win 6 he would go down as the greatest ever, hands down).

It's the evolution of the NBA and athletes in general.

JIDsanity
10-15-2008, 03:20 PM
There is NO WAY Kobe is going anywhere. It's not about the money, it's about the legacy.

The talent level and parity of the NBA increases substantially every decade (i.e. if LeBron were to win 6 he would go down as the greatest ever, hands down).

Kobe will never be Jordan

dancehallking7
10-15-2008, 03:39 PM
yoh i would be swimming there right now.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM

Jordan is the greatest ever
no way Kobe will be the greatest ever

JMan17
10-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Kobe will never be Jordan

you're right. Kobe is Kobe. Jordon will never be Kobe either. So we are at an impass.

Gibby23
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
No he is not. After taxes maybe close to it. But that is with endorsements. But what makes people think he wont get new endorsements and maybe still keep his other ones. In the US he has to compete for endorsements with people like LeBron, Wade, and Carmello and so on. Overseas he would be the clear cut only superstar. He would be pushing every product over there.

You know he has a bunch of endorsements in China right? He is not hurting money wise and he even said he is not going anywhere.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/29/kobe-on-playing-in-europe-a-joke/1843/

bogdanrom
10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
its not gonna happen any ways. its just stupid that they keep offering this much money. kobe isnt a money whore and he wants to stay in the us

You're kidding right? Everyone in the world is a money whore. And why would he want to stay here?

JJ81
10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Kobe doesnt want more money he wants more championships.

Lost Art
10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
He might take that deal when he's pushing 40..........but he's not going to waste his prime playing in the NBA AA-League. He's all about the history of the game and his legacy. If he takes that deal he won't have the chance to be named among the all-time greats like MJ, Magic, and Bird. He's not spending the best years of his career overseas, trust me. Especially since the Lakers are young, absolutely stacked, and likely the championship favorites for many years to come.

Sixerlover
10-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Kobe doesnt want more money he wants more championships.

:laugh2:

Everyone wants money. And a villa and a boat as well. Or at least I know I do

thedfactor
10-15-2008, 05:20 PM
For the money it's a no brainer...go for it. But I just do not see kobe leaving the nba in his prime

JIDsanity
10-15-2008, 05:29 PM
For the money it's a no brainer...go for it. But I just do not see kobe leaving the nba in his prime

You'll be confused next offseason when he jets

RapsGuy23
10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
The ugly aspect of pro sports. What a ridiculous offer (if it's in fact true)

barreleffact
10-15-2008, 05:58 PM

I think you mean 7 rings for each, but even if he wins 7, his legacy will be seen differently. people will never call him jordans equal unless he wins the next 4-5 str8. Either way, he will retire a top 10 player al time im pretty sure.

I doubt lebron will ever be seen as being bigger or better than MJ. When MJ came in, he changed the game. He carried the entire NBA until he retired and was EVERYWHERE. His presence on and off the court may never be matched, and add that with the fact that he never lost a finals appearance, could realistically have won 8 str8 had he not retired, and hit 50% of his game winning shots and some were on the biggest stage.Jordans legacy may never be equaled and Lebron would have to have the same amount of rings to even be considered close. I dont see either getting past MJ's shadow...ever

Anyone think after kobe retires, he'll become a coach, GM, oor commentator like everyone else, or do wou think he'll play or part own in europe?

cmellofan15
10-15-2008, 06:01 PM
I saw it on 1st & Ten

He get's a FREE agent, the villa, boat, and some other stuff.

Beno7500
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
he would take it if he wasnt under a contract

cmellofan15
10-15-2008, 06:02 PM
BTW The links right here

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-35-52/Kobe-Bryant-to-Greece--Hold-On----.html

x_notorious
10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
His contract has a player option next year..he has the choice to opt out or not.

cmstophe
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I wouldn't take it.

There is only one NBA, and Greece...well, it isn't the USA.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-15-2008, 07:39 PM
no way you can pass that up

Zefflin
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM

No. He would need 7 to be considered the GOAT.

LakerzDQ
10-16-2008, 07:23 AM
this is madness

JWalk126
10-16-2008, 07:46 AM
I have a link, but its in Italian provided by BallinEurope.com

http://basketcentral.it/news/europa/eurolega/olympiacos_prepara_offerta_per_kobe.html

good luck ;)

THE MTL
10-16-2008, 08:43 PM

Can you get Kobe d**k out ur mouth for just a second to realize what you just said?

knicks1214
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Can you get Kobe d**k out ur mouth for just a second to realize what you just said?

I agree with that 100% There is no way that Kobe goes down as better than Jordan, which would make him the best player in history. Kobe will be a top 10 player, possibly, of all time by the time he is done, but not even close to Jordan...Back to the topic: I think he stays...like the person said before, there is only one NBA...and Greece isn't the NBA. It would be like the Olympics all over again but this time he would be the only one shooting the ball--he would drop 40ppg and it would not be any fun for him.

kobe24>jordan23
10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
go to the lakers media and there is a video and a reporter asked him about it and he didnt want to talk about. i guess he's not interseted

Big Quett
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
You know he has a bunch of endorsements in China right? He is not hurting money wise and he even said he is not going anywhere.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/09/29/kobe-on-playing-in-europe-a-joke/1843/

Yeah i know. But that is part of my point. He could still have those endorsements and gain more in a different country. People where saying he would lose endorsements in the US.

But dude come on. 90% of people in the NBA dont need the money. But that doent stop them from trying to get the most money possible. He is going to make about 22 mil this year. He can retire now and never be rich anymore but do u think he is going to walk away from that money. Everybody wants as much money as they can possibly get.

I dont think he is going anywhere but to say its not a possibility is just being naive. Despite what he says.

Illuminati
10-16-2008, 10:47 PM

does not matter, kobe is not playing in the US, so if accepted the offer(which he won't) he could go over there tomorrow.

If anything could keep him here it is the fact that he is getting more money in endorsement deals because there is a bigger market for basketball in the states.

jimbobjarree
10-17-2008, 08:20 AM
lol its fun to see all the lakers fans getting worried

k2djspike
10-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Actually he would play in Europe for money

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/08/08/kobe-would-take-50m-from-a-euro-team/

Fool
10-17-2008, 11:16 AM
lol, they really have that much money laying around?

Gibby23
10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
"Don't ask me that," Bryant said, expecting the Greek question and interrupting his questioner. "It's silly."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/team-bryant-bynum-2196973-lakers-playing