PDA

View Full Version : Whom should you build your team around?? Lebron or CP3?

jellywuoo
10-15-2008, 05:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/basketball/fba/oneOnOne?page=pauljames

If i was a coach, i would pick Chris Paul.
Result means everything,the guy lead his team to Western Final last year.

stawka
10-15-2008, 06:10 AM
LeBron easily. There's nobody in the league I would take over LeBron. He's an unbelievable player, a hell of an athlete, will get it done more then CP3 (career-wise), and is a lot more marketable than anybody else.

goku
10-15-2008, 06:39 AM
lebron hands down

Wilson
10-15-2008, 08:23 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/basketball/fba/oneOnOne?page=pauljames

No he didn't...

I'd take LeBron, he lead his team to the finals lets not forget.

TMAC94
10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
i would want CP3, i just rkn no matter who he plays with he'd make them look good. He can find anyone on the open floor so good, he makes chandler look better than he is. put JT or like a kapono or even a novak withh CP3 he'll make em look good, i dont think lebron would make them look as good as cp3 but sure as hell would

29$JerZ
10-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Chris Paul I would take.
LBJ is a great player but if you don't have the pieces around him you won't win a championship. Paul makes everyone a lot better then they are so I take the Pg in this case.

JermanJaysFan
10-15-2008, 09:32 AM
It depends. If I am going to have rely on that one player to lead my team entirely, hands down it is Lebron. But, if I have a squad of good players, Paul makes them all better.

Bwangster12
10-15-2008, 09:47 AM
1,000,000% CP3.

You can put Chris Paul with ANYONE and the team will be good. Are you telling me a team consisting of Chris Paul and lets say Jason Kapano will not be better than Lebron and Jason Kapano?

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 10:48 AM
lebron and its not even close

JordansBulls
10-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Lebron for sure.

Tian Tian Boy
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
CP3 is the complete team player... lebron isn't consistent in making his team8s better..it's very evident that if the game is on the line, he's confused!!! for example.. game7 cavs versus celtics.. i think he scored double figures, and the team??? nothing,... only west scored more than 10.. and if lebron chooses to pass the ball, bad idea again.. remember... when lebron passed the ball to donyell..

ARMIN12NBA
10-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Cp3

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
LeBron easily. He makes his players better. He can lead a team that is nothing. LeBron can pass, Drive and play D.

$ NyC $
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
I know where you guys are coming from saying CP3. But you can make your teammates better by doing other than just getting assists. LeBron picks up slack By scoring, rebounding, passing, even blocking and stealing. If you ain't reboundin all that good LeBron helps out. If your open, LeBron will find you. Help Defense? LeBRON got you.

Throw you on his back and take you 2 the Finals? Take the LBJ Train.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
CP3 is the complete team player... lebron isn't consistent in making his team8s better..it's very evident that if the game is on the line, he's confused!!! for example.. game7 cavs versus celtics.. i think he scored double figures, and the team??? nothing,... only west scored more than 10.. and if lebron chooses to pass the ball, bad idea again.. remember... when lebron passed the ball to donyell..

LeBron passed the ball to Donyell, That is one time. As a SF he averages 7.8 assists a game. Chris Paul is not a complete player, he can not drive like LeBron and Chris Paul is an okay Defender. ChrisPaul cannot make his teammated better, he already has a supporting cast, LeBron doesn't and he makes them better. So before you say someting, back it up.

bidi_nash
10-15-2008, 02:58 PM
LeBron he led his team to the finals

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 02:59 PM
1,000,000% CP3.

You can put Chris Paul with ANYONE and the team will be good. Are you telling me a team consisting of Chris Paul and lets say Jason Kapano will not be better than Lebron and Jason Kapano?

This is the First year the Hornets have been good. Two years ago they weren't good. Your point was just proven wrong. Every year with the Cavs, LeBron has gotten us better and better and he has gotten better and better. I would rather have LeBron and Kapano.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Chris Paul I would take.
LBJ is a great player but if you don't have the pieces around him you won't win a championship. Paul makes everyone a lot better then they are so I take the Pg in this case.

LeBron doesn't have the pieces around him and he led them too the finals. Chris Paul has a supporting cast, and LeBron makes people look better too. I guess no one year watches the Cavs like I do.

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
LeBron doesn't have the pieces around him and he led them too the finals. Chris Paul has a supporting cast, and LeBron makes people look better too. I guess no one year watches the Cavs like I do.

hahahahahahahaha
Joke of the Day

goku
10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
lebron can take over game easily and win it without help

$ NyC $
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I know where you guys are coming from saying CP3. But you can make your teammates better by doing other than just getting assists. LeBron picks up slack By scoring, rebounding, passing, even blocking and stealing. If you ain't reboundin all that good LeBron helps out. If your open, LeBron will find you. Help Defense? LeBRON got you.

ima say this once. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT ASSISTS. AND EVEN IF IT WAS LBJ GETS 7 A GAME. He makes his team better in different ways, basically in every major category.

goku
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
hahahahahahahaha
Joke of the Day

how is that funny lebron is beter playmaker than wade

23LBJCleBrowns
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
And IMO, LeBron is a better playmaker than Chris Paul.

BoltLakerPadre
10-15-2008, 03:41 PM

Results mean everything? First of all, they didn't make it to the WCF's, that was the Lakers and the Spurs, second of all Lebron took a team of nobodies to the finals, almost single handedly.

CP3 has a very solid supporting cast, and didn't make it to the confrence finals, so if results mean everything, then Lebron is your man.

And to answer the question, I would take Lebron, hands down.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Lebron

MiamiHeat
10-15-2008, 04:11 PM
how is that funny lebron is beter playmaker than wade

i dont see the point of bringin Wade to this
LEBRON AND CP3 conversation...

Lakersfan2483
10-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Lebron.

NYMetros
10-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I would take Lebron over Chris Paul. I don't know if there is anyone in the NBA I would take over LeBron. He's young, a great athlete, a solid shooter, he can do it all. That is not to say that Chris paul isn't or won't be a great player either, though...

JJ81
10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
LeBron

JMan17
10-15-2008, 05:45 PM
:laugh2: at the people saying cp3.

as much as i hate cavs fans with their **** to lebron. It's Lebron, and not even close. I don't even have to explain why, his name says it all. cp3 is hardly better then D-Will lettle alone being better then lebron. Lebron is 2nd best in the NBA but out of all the players to build my franchise with, it's him.

Beno7500
10-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Tough decision, but probably LeBron

Tisoykeis
10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
It's Lebron....no question.

First, he is the most complete player in the NBA. He is not the best shooter, rebounder, passer, defender, etc, but there is nobody in the league that collectively can do all of these things better.

Also, he is big enough, strong enough, and quick enough to play 4 positions and against some teams, he could defend all 5 positions. That is a huge advantage. CP3 although great, is limited to 1 position because of his size.

The game is changing and players continue to get bigger and stronger and the one downfall that CP3 has is his size...he does not match up well with bigger, stronger points guards. CP3 has a very hard time matching up with D-Will for that very reason.

They are both awesome talents, but I would choose Lebron.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2008, 07:07 PM
LeBron. He is a once in a generation talent. He took 12 drunken sailors to the finals, and pushed the champs to 7 games last year. It is only a matter of time before he is holding the trophy, regardless of how inept his GM is.

Hawkeye15
10-15-2008, 07:08 PM
LeBron easily. He makes his players better. He can lead a team that is nothing. LeBron can pass, Drive and play D.

Honestly, there is no reason for you to repsond to this question, we would all be able to assume you're answer. If the poll was MJ vs LeBron, we know you would still pick LJ

Hawkeye15
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
LeBron passed the ball to Donyell, That is one time. As a SF he averages 7.8 assists a game. Chris Paul is not a complete player, he can not drive like LeBron and Chris Paul is an okay Defender. ChrisPaul cannot make his teammated better, he already has a supporting cast, LeBron doesn't and he makes them better. So before you say someting, back it up.

dude. C'mon. Paul is the hardest man in the world to keep out of the paint. He makes everyone better. Chandler, West, everyone. Defender??? He led the NBA is steals, by a lot. LeBron's big weakness is defense and outside shooting. I agree LeBron is my man too, but you just happened to name off Chris Paul's advantages over LeBron in order. LeBron is a freight train that can not be stopped when moving. He is an athletic freak, strong, agile, and has great handles. Those are his strengths.

ARMIN12NBA
10-15-2008, 07:33 PM

Every player that plays with Lebron always ends up with considerably worse production once they plays with Lebron. Larry Hughes, Ricky Davis, Big Z, Wally, etc.

Lebron does not play good defense at all. CP3 trumps him in that category.

ARMIN12NBA
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM

LBJ plays PG on offense. He brings up the ball and pretty much handles the ball 90% of the time.

Chris Paul is more of a complete player than Lebron. Lebron is just more physically gifted and dominant at driving while CP3 is great at almost every dimension of the game. When Lebron nears 30 and he starts to lose his athleticism then you will see his production decline big time. I have never seen a player solely rely on athleticism as much as him. CP3 will have the longevity that I would want my star player to have.

RapsGuy23
10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
BronBron 100%. Not even worth arguing.

RapsGuy23
10-15-2008, 09:39 PM
LeBron. He is a once in a generation talent. He took 12 drunken sailors to the finals, and pushed the champs to 7 games last year. It is only a matter of time before he is holding the trophy, regardless of how inept his GM is.

Ha ha, cosign 100%

jellywuoo
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
You all neglected a fact: Western was far more vehement and furious than Eastern in the last several years.
That is why i think Hornets making their way to the western final proves much more than Cavs going to Final did.

Besides,what makes you think Lebron can make his teamates better? I don't see any point in that.

jellywuoo
10-16-2008, 11:15 AM
One on One,i think Lebron will win.
With the same cast around each of them,i think Paul will triumph.

Kabowdos
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
This is too easy LeBron.

These point guard lead team never win championships. Steve Nash couldn't do it. Jason Kidd couldn't do it. John Stockton couldn't do it. CP3 can't do it.

hdxstunts1
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I like both of them but. How do you not chose Lebron. He can take you further then CP3 anytime. CP3 is a superstar that will win a championship alone. LBJ can do that if he works hard enough, CP3 has only been good from his surroundings so far. He's good, he's damn good but i dont think he's elite yet!

Kabowdos
10-16-2008, 11:18 AM
You all neglected a fact: Western was far more vehement and furious than Eastern in the last several years.
That is why i think Hornets making their way to the western final proves much more than Cavs going to Final did.

Besides,what makes you think Lebron can make his teamates better? I don't see any point in that.

Are you forgetting that the Heat won and so did the Celtics in recent years. It is not nearly as lopsided as it used to be.

chicagowhitesox
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
it's LeBron no question. not even close.

Zefflin
10-16-2008, 11:37 AM
First, he is the most complete player in the NBA. He is not the best shooter, rebounder, passer, defender, etc, but there is nobody in the league that collectively can do all of these things better.

Kobe is the most complete player. Nothing wrong with being 2nd though.

he could defend all 5 positions.

You're that guy that created the thread about Bron guarding centers aren't you...man that was a good one.

Big Zo
10-16-2008, 07:46 PM
LeBron by 654654616165465461851 miles. Also i'd take Dwyane Wade ahead of CP3.

Industry
10-17-2008, 03:18 AM
LBJ by a land slide. He can play in multiple offensive sets and can play 4 positions on the court. It isn't even a serious question honestly.

barreleffact
10-17-2008, 04:37 AM

ima say this once. ITS NOT ALL ABOUT ASSISTS. AND EVEN IF IT WAS LBJ GETS 7 A GAME. He makes his team better in different ways, basically in every major category.

umm...:eyebrow:...that isnt making your teammates better. thats picking up their slack. cp3 demands so much attention just like lebron. the difference is he can make nobodies into stars. lebron claims year in that he needs help. cp3 develops his help. his starting SG is mo peterson :speechless:...wth? who knew d west before last year? chandler had no O wat so ever before paul, but now 2 of the 3 are all star caliber in production and everyone knows them. he is the definition of making people better. has lebron made anyone an allstar? no.

cp3 almost got his team to the wcf in a very elite west last year. lebron may have gotten just as far by forcing the champs to 7, but had ray allen not been having a horrible shooting month, i doubt theydve gotten that far. paul for me tho bron is vey elite