PDA

View Full Version : Most Competitive and Most Exciting matchup this year if in the Playoffs?

JordansBulls
10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
More competitive and more exciting matchup this year if in the playoffs?

Which series do you think would be the most competitive and most exciting matchup this year if it happens in the playoffs?

Houston vs Lakers
Rafer vs Fisher
T-mac vs Kobe
Artest vs Odom
Scola vs Gasol
Yao vs Bynum

(Adelman vs Jackson)

Utah vs New Orleans
Deron vs CP3
Brewer vs Peterson
AK 47 vs Peja
Boozer vs West
Okur vs Chandler

(Sloan vs Scott)

Mavericks vs Suns
Kidd vs Nash
Wright vs Bell
Howard vs Barnes
Dirk vs Amare
Diop vs Shaq

(Carlisle vs Porter)

Magic vs Raptors
Nelson vs Calderon
Pietrus vs Parker
Hedo vs Moon
Lewis vs Bosh
Dwight vs Jermaine O'neal

(Van Gundy vs Mitchell)

Let's say all of those series happened in the playoffs this year which series would be the most competitive and most exciting?

Nexus
10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Usually I would go to an underdog pick, but I think Houston and the Lakers could actually go to a very exciting seven games. The overall matchup looks like something more suited for the finals.

p.s. You've got Hedo on the Raps.

Wilson
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Gotta be LA - Houston for me, it could be very frustrating though, they're gonna be extremely hard to beat.

bambam27
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
houston vs LA wicked match!!!!!

Lost Art
10-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Lakers vs Anyone ;)

prash
10-14-2008, 02:01 PM
The most exciting Eastern match ups will be Cleveland vs. Boston, Cleveland vs. Toronto & Toronto vs. Boston.

Philli might have some entertaining matchups with those 3 teams as well.

Wilson
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
The most exciting Eastern match ups will be Cleveland vs. Boston, Cleveland vs. Toronto & Toronto vs. Boston.

Philli might have some entertaining matchups with those 3 teams as well.

Philly could have a really good year with Brand on board, so it should be pretty entertaining if they meet divisional rival Boston in the play-offs.

Afridi786
10-14-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd think Utah and New Orleans would be the most exciting.

POZUNO
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Rockets vs Celtics. We already know they don't like each other. So to watch a series with these two teams going at it would be very entertaining. I personally think Celtics would win the series though, JMO.

Jazz vs Hornets would be nice too though.

Zefflin
10-14-2008, 02:30 PM
LA vs Rockets with Utah vs NO a very close second.

MiamiHeat
10-14-2008, 02:47 PM
out of those options i would have to say
Houston vs Lakers
or
Jazz vs Hornets

Alex-sama
10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
I miss rockets vs celtics. That will be my choice.

SensandRaps
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
im looking forward to the raps and magic one

BRADfromOZ
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
i wanted to vote Rockets vs Celtics too. Oh well i guess beating the Lakers to get into the finals will have to do.

goku
10-14-2008, 04:51 PM
rockets vs lakers

23LBJCleBrowns
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
None of the Above. I think Cleveland-Boston or a Cleveland-Washington (again) series would be the most intense.

JordansBulls
10-14-2008, 05:16 PM
None of the Above. I think Cleveland-Boston or a Cleveland-Washington (again) series would be the most intense.

Change Washington to Philadelphia or Miami or Detroit and I can go with that.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
No because Washington wants to beat us so badly.

goku
10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
No because Washington wants to beat us so badly.

yall have played them 3 times that match-up is boring now

Lakersfan2483
10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
More competitive and more exciting matchup this year if in the playoffs?

Which series do you think would be the most competitive and most exciting matchup this year if it happens in the playoffs?

Houston vs Lakers
Rafer vs Fisher
T-mac vs Kobe
Artest vs Odom
Scola vs Gasol
Yao vs Bynum

(Adelman vs Jackson)

Utah vs New Orleans
Deron vs CP3
Brewer vs Peterson
AK 47 vs Peja
Boozer vs West
Okur vs Chandler

(Sloan vs Scott)

Mavericks vs Suns
Kidd vs Nash
Wright vs Bell
Howard vs Barnes
Dirk vs Amare
Diop vs Shaq

(Carlisle vs Porter)

Magic vs Raptors
Nelson vs Calderon
Pietrus vs Parker
Hedo vs Moon
Lewis vs Bosh
Dwight vs Jermaine O'neal

(Van Gundy vs Mitchell)

Let's say all of those series happened in the playoffs this year which series would be the most competitive and most exciting?

Rockets vs. Lakers

Sox Appeal
10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm going to say the Hornets vs Jazz series would be the most exciting. Reason being, these teams are EXTREMELY similar on paper. Both teams have young and super talented Point Guards, both teams have All - Star caliber PF's, and both of the teams have well above average Centers. So, I believe this would have all the makings of a 7 game series.

And the reason I didn't end up picking the Lakers vs Rockets series is I think that series would be over in 5 or 6 games. With the Lakers winning. Think about it, everywhere the Rockets are strong, the Lakers are either just as strong, or stronger. The Rockets McGrady playing SG, the Lakers have Kobe. The Rockets have Yao playing Center, who I think he would be dominated by a younger and more aggressive Andrew Bynum. The Rockets would also have Louis Scola playing PF, and he would be no match for Pau Gasol in the paint. The only clear edge I could see the Rockets getting over LA is at SF with Artest against Odom/Vladimir.

Goon.Weezy
10-14-2008, 07:49 PM
raptors vs magic...and raptors vs philly

goku
10-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm going to say the Hornets vs Jazz series would be the most exciting. Reason being, these teams are EXTREMELY similar on paper. Both teams have young and super talented Point Guards, both teams have All - Star caliber PF's, and both of the teams have well above average Centers. So, I believe this would have all the makings of a 7 game series.

And the reason I didn't end up picking the Lakers vs Rockets series is I think that series would be over in 5 or 6 games. With the Lakers winning. Think about it, everywhere the Rockets are strong, the Lakers are either just as strong, or stronger. The Rockets McGrady playing SG, the Lakers have Kobe. The Rockets have Yao playing Center, who I think he would be dominated by a younger and more aggressive Andrew Bynum. The Rockets would also have Louis Scola playing PF, and he would be no match for Pau Gasol in the paint. The only clear edge I could see the Rockets getting over LA is at SF with Artest against Odom/Vladimir.

bynum dominate yao:down::laugh: ..yao will have him in foul
rafer an brooks can handle fisher and farmer

S.J.Basketball
10-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Rockets vs Lakers for sure.

MTar786
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
bynum dominate yao:down::laugh: ..yao will have him in foul
rafer an brooks can handle fisher and farmer

im a lakers fan and even i agree bynum cannot dominate yao.. but dude u really think alston and BROOKS can handle fisher and farmer? theyre both better and fish has a lot more experience with better d. and the problem with yao is that bynum is tougher than him and yao doesnt have much stamina. gets tired too fast. the lakers have the edge.. but it is possible for the rox to beat LA.. n the ONLY reason i say that is cuz of these two names. shane battier and ron artest. if those two can slow kobe to atleast 20 ppg in a 7 game series then id say houston wins in. but if kobe can average anything more than 25ppg with atleast a 42% fg percentage then houston loses in 6. battier and artest are the key players in my opinion

Hawkeye15
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Boston vs New Orleans in the finals. Great mathchup

Hawkeye15
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
im a lakers fan and even i agree bynum cannot dominate yao.. but dude u really think alston and BROOKS can handle fisher and farmer? theyre both better and fish has a lot more experience with better d. and the problem with yao is that bynum is tougher than him and yao doesnt have much stamina. gets tired too fast. the lakers have the edge.. but it is possible for the rox to beat LA.. n the ONLY reason i say that is cuz of these two names. shane battier and ron artest. if those two can slow kobe to atleast 20 ppg in a 7 game series then id say houston wins in. but if kobe can average anything more than 25ppg with atleast a 42% fg percentage then houston loses in 6. battier and artest are the key players in my opinion

the point guard situation in Houston vs LA is even. Neither team is strong there. It will come down to whether or not Kobe can inflict his will. Artest guards him well, and if Houston is healthy, I don't see LA beating Houston. The Rockets are better defensivley by far, and with Artest, add a third scorer. If healthy, the Rockets are the best in the West. New Orleans 2, LA, 3rd

Lakersfan2483
10-15-2008, 01:15 AM
the point guard situation in Houston vs LA is even. Neither team is strong there. It will come down to whether or not Kobe can inflict his will. Artest guards him well, and if Houston is healthy, I don't see LA beating Houston. The Rockets are better defensivley by far, and with Artest, add a third scorer. If healthy, the Rockets are the best in the West. New Orleans 2, LA, 3rd

Tough matchup. I would pick LA in 6 games. Houston has the personnel to make it tough on Kobe, but I think Kobe is good enough to guide his team past the Rockets. LA has a great bench and has a legit 2nd option in Pau Gasol, add Bynum and Lamar to the mix and it would be tough for Houston.

The positives for Houston would be the good perimeter defenders in both Battier and Artest, but they can't stop Kobe. The main thing is who will make plays for each team to win? I just don't see T-Mac outdoing Kobe in a 7 game series....

X- Factor for Houston: Yao Ming ( will he peform up to par)

X- Factor for LA: Lamar Odom (When he is on top of his game, he's a triple double threat and a tremendous rebounder)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-15-2008, 02:00 AM
CP3 and Dwill

goku
10-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Tough matchup. I would pick LA in 6 games. Houston has the personnel to make it tough on Kobe, but I think Kobe is good enough to guide his team past the Rockets. LA has a great bench and has a legit 2nd option in Pau Gasol, add Bynum and Lamar to the mix and it would be tough for Houston.

The positives for Houston would be the good perimeter defenders in both Battier and Artest, but they can't stop Kobe. The main thing is who will make plays for each team to win? I just don't see T-Mac outdoing Kobe in a 7 game series....

X- Factor for LA: Lamar Odom (When he is on top of his game, he's a triple double threat and a tremendous rebounder)

paul pierce out played kobe so its possible

Wilson
10-15-2008, 08:35 AM
paul pierce out played kobe so its possible

I was gonna say, if we show T-Mac the same defense we showed Paul Pierce, we're really gonna struggle to beat Houston in a series. I think we can beat them, but we're gonna have to play with a lot of hustle, toughness and focus.

Wilson
10-15-2008, 08:37 AM

I think Pau would be just as big of an x-factor as Odom. He showed in the finals that he could score, but he just didn't commit himself to getting to the basket enough. If he asserts himself on offense, that's going to be huge for us against Houston, should we meet them in the play-offs.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm lookin forward to the first time my our Jazz finally meet Paul and his Hornets in the playoffs, will be fun to watch

jrice9
10-15-2008, 10:42 AM
The series I would love to be would be Philly- Raptors.

Reasons why it would be sick:
1. These teams are divison rivals and if this series was in round 2 or 3 it would be even more intense with these teams hating each other.
2. The battle of the point guards. Miller vs Calderon. They are totally different pgs and it would be fun to watch calderon quickness against miller's size and strength.
3. Bosh vs Brand. Two allstars taking to each other. Neither could guard each other well and we could see a bit of O'Neal taking him but Bosh cant be stopped by anyone on Philly.
4. Dalembert vs O'neal. Dalembert is Canadian but their is some bad blood between him and Team Canada's head coach (Raptors annoucner). O'Neal against Dalembert would be alot of fun and just generally watching the twin towers take on the their seventy sixer counterparts would be awsome.
5. The X-Factors Bargnani and Thadeous Young are both potential players to break this series open along with Lou Williams and Jason Kapono.

letsgofish
10-15-2008, 10:47 AM
utah neworleans would be a great and old school type game