PDA

View Full Version : If the Utah Jazz end up the 4th seed again, who do you want in Round 1?

JordansBulls
10-14-2008, 11:37 AM
If you end up with the 4th seed again this year and With the West being tight again this year, which team would you more than likely want to play in Round 1?

You have the Lakers, Rockets, Hornets, Spurs, Mavericks or Suns who all seem like they can finish 5th in the conference.

Hollinger is predicting you guys finish 1st out west, which very well can happen, but so could any of those teams as well.

The 4th seed seems like the worst spot you guys would finish though and so this is the reason I mention that seed.

Now with that in mind, there are plenty of teams that could play you in round 1. Which team would you have the best chance against or who you would rather play?

For instance,

Houston (You have beaten them the last 2 years in Round 1. One year without Yao and one year with Yao. They have added another piece to the team now, 3 years in row beating them would be tough)

Lakers (They won last year against you guys in Round 2, Boozer didn't play too well and now they add another big man to the team)

Spurs (They beat you in 2006-2007 in the conference finals. Maybe you would want to repay them)

Mavericks (A team who has lost 2 years in a row in the 1st round, but now brings in a defensive minded and good coach in Carlisle. Could be dangerous for anyone)

Suns (Lost to their poision in the playoffs the Spurs. Added a defensive coach in Porter this year to change their luck)

Hornets (Wow!!, Deron vs CP3. Two teams virtually equal in every facet)

So all in all, who would you rather play as the 5th seed in the playoffs if you end up being the 4th seed again?

futureman
10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
I would love to humilate the rockets once and for all. I even want to play a part in it by getting artest suspended for life.

jimbobjarree
10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Rockets will be another easy progression :)

though IMO opinion that will be the messiest playoff series ever, probably resulting in some on court scuffles

frizbo72
10-14-2008, 03:21 PM
I would like the Roxy ladies because I think they are overratted and we've got thier number but we don't dominate any team quit like we do the Hornets. I could handle that too. I don't know why Dallas was even put in there as a team with a shot at #5.

jazzman86
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is the year that the jazz surpass the spurs. I would not mind playing them.
I think the lakers had a few players that overachieved last year (vujacic, radmonavic). Maybe fisher loses a step and doesnt hit so many clutch shots against us. Hopefully bynum doesnt kill us. This is probably the team i would like to face the least.
I would love to play the mavs! D-will could single handedly win the series for us.
I think the suns would be tough but i would not mind facing them.
For some reason, the jazz have beat up on the hornets the last couple years. This would be my first choice plus you get the intrigue of cp3 vs. dwill.
The rockets would be my second choice. first of all, i dont think they have the capability of staying healthy. Second, i think we are in their heads a little. Lastly, tmac and yao have performed just fine in the playoffs but the rest of the team has choked every year. Unless they get drastically better and artest is not a distraction, they arent beating the jazz. I think they will be a higher seed than 5 and get out of the first round anyway, just not through the jazz.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
yeah it wont be long till we play the hornets in the playoffs, though we have dominated them I think it will probably go to 7 games

earschicken
10-15-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree with the consensus here - spurs, rockets, and hornets in that order as far as I'm concerned. Spurs are old and getting older, we've absolutely owned the rockets, and we've done well against the hornets in the past but they are going to be damn good and scary this year.

jazzman86
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree with you guys about the hornets but they are only going to be good if everybody stays healthy. They had the second lowest scoring bench in the league last year. Yes, they added posey, but the lost bonzi wells. If they lose either david west or tyson chandler, they will be terrible. Who do they have in their front court....hilton armstrong, melvin ely???? Anybody else?
We are built for the long season including injuries. The only player we cant afford to lose is dwill. They are only 8 deep and like i said, they cant lose anybody.

jimbobjarree
10-15-2008, 06:20 PM
still IMO they have the perfect team. A fantastic PG, a defensive center and a scoring PF with some outside shooting on the wings

Bucsfan
10-15-2008, 06:34 PM
im getting tired of playing the rockets, bring on the suns or whoever

all i know is i have high expectations of the jazz this year, no less than WCF