PDA

View Full Version : Which is the Best Nba Arena?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-14-2008, 01:01 AM
Simple and Clear.

IM going with Msg, homer pick i guess, but man too many mithic concerts and boxing venues have been scheduled inside to not consider it the Best.

But thats an opinion.

xSolidx
10-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Everyone is just going to say the arena their fav team plays for

SAVAGE CLAW
10-14-2008, 01:07 AM
^ I dont know about that, i hate the celtics and some years ago i would have voted for their Rat Box, because it was great in history.

pd7631
10-14-2008, 01:21 AM
Well, I've been to 4 arenas in my life.....Wachovia Center, Spectrum, MCI Center or Verizon Center whatever it is now, and the Bobcats arena.

I think the best atmosphere is in either Philly arena. The most history is obviously in the Spectrum.

I would call it a tie between the Bobcats and Wizards for having the nicest ones, both located right in the middle of the city....very nice arenas.

I will say that the Bobcats Arena is like the Chuck E Cheese's of sporting venues. It's definitely more of a family night out than a die hard sporting event there.

Overall best arena is the Wachovia Center, I love everything about it, they don't darken the seats like they do at a lot of other arenas(Staples Center,MSG, Bobcats, etc.) you can see the crowd on TV. The place is loud, and there is nothing like a playoff game in Philly.

Beno7500
10-14-2008, 01:22 AM
ARCO Arena

pete_one
10-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Staples Center cuz its in Downtown, and you can get everything in Downtown ;)

sacgiants1213
10-14-2008, 01:33 AM
ARCO Arena

i definitely agree with that...either that or staples, i love the way they dim the lights in the stands.

rhino17
10-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Simple and Clear.

IM going with Msg, homer pick i guess, but man too many mithic concerts and boxing venues have been scheduled inside to not consider it the Best.

But thats an opinion.

The last time I was there I was not impressed at all, it was a dump. I know people say all the historical significance and whatnot, but I never got the same feeling I got from yankee Stadium at MSG

My all-time favorite is the Summit (now Lakewood Church). It was very unique, had fantastic food, all the venues were original and one of a kind. The place was just bad ***. Toyota Center blows imo

pd7631
10-14-2008, 01:36 AM
i definitely agree with that...either that or staples, i love the way they dim the lights in the stands.

I hate when arenas dim the lights....I want to feel a part of the game not shut out of it.

LAKERS 24/7
10-14-2008, 03:23 AM
I like the lights, its different and I don't feel shut out at all? :confused: Its not like its pitch black, its just dim compared to the court.

I'll just say staples because I've never been to any other arena, but I've heard a lot of players say they love playing at MSG also.

kurtismurray
10-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Energy Solutions Arena (Jazz) cause they obviously have the best home court advantate. I know it's about arena quality and they are getting a brand new lighting system and sound system and Deron Williams has asked for a new scoreboard so I believe it will be a good venue. so. Energy Solutions Arena

bbcmillionaire
10-14-2008, 04:24 AM
what no love for the united center? and msg has the best/historic moments

JordansBulls
10-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Which team's home floor looks the best? I like the UC for that with the 4 Bulls Logos on both sides of the court.

NYKnickFanatic
10-14-2008, 08:26 AM

They got that from MSG. :rolleyes:

Diewitdaknicks
10-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Just wait till MSG gets done over it's already the best it'll only get better

oshea225
10-14-2008, 08:32 AM
msg. im a heat fan, but i love going there

JJ81
10-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Staples or Madison Square

Hellcrooner
10-14-2008, 10:20 AM
It used to be the Forum of Inglewood, Now i guess Auburn or Msg.

I also like Indy one.

Tha Truth
10-14-2008, 10:28 AM
MSG that place is live. They always have famous people there.

ACC is hype too.

GunFactor187
10-14-2008, 11:32 AM
ARCO Arena

Like we didn't see THAT one coming...LOL JK

BoltLakerPadre
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
ARCO Arena

I was just going to post MSG and be done with it, but whoever said that everyone would just pick their own arena, regardless of how lame it is, was just proven correct.

I've been to a number of arenas, and I think Arco is the worst. Terrible seats, sound system, ugly building. I mean, seriously, I can't think of any redeming qualities, (history, teams, venues). Sorry, but this is a homer pick, and a poor one at that.

MSG, maybe the Rose Garden.

Lost Art
10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Staples Center cuz its in Downtown, and you can get everything in Downtown ;)

Actually downtown LA pretty much sucks..........all you can really get is mugged and hassled by homeless people. I'd say downtown LA's only redeeming quality is the Pantry, that place is the freaking BEST!

I'll go with MSG. I've only been to a few arenas other than Staples Center but MSG has some serious history in there. Its also great because for some reason even the 3rd and 4th tiered seats don't feel all that far away. If you sit in the nose bleeders in Staples you might as well have stayed home and watched on TV because you're so far away that it's not even cool. At MSG for some reason all of the seats feel much closer. I'll go with MSG even though it's old, dingy, and located in one of the most obnoxious areas of Manhattan.

kylem4711
10-14-2008, 01:58 PM
i dont like the staples center much. its small and there are way too many box seats.

DerekRE_3
10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I was just going to post MSG and be done with it, but whoever said that everyone would just pick their own arena, regardless of how lame it is, was just proven correct.

I've been to a number of arenas, and I think Arco is the worst. Terrible seats, sound system, ugly building. I mean, seriously, I can't think of any redeming qualities, (history, teams, venues). Sorry, but this is a homer pick, and a poor one at that.

MSG, maybe the Rose Garden.

I wouldn't call it the best arena, but it's not the worst. I've been to MANY games at Arco Arena, and the amenities might be nonexistent compared to new arenas, but as far as watching an NBA game goes, Arco is awesome. The seats are very close to the floor. And the seats are steep so even as you go far away from the floor, you are still pretty close and have a good view. Me personally, I don't care if there are 5 star restaurants, lavish box seats, and awesome sound systems. I go to watch the game. And back in the day, when Arco really got rocking, it was one of the best arenas to go to watch a game.

MiamiHeat
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
American Airlines Arena!!!

LAKERMANIA
10-14-2008, 02:50 PM
I hear Conseco Fieldhouse is the best in Indiana, Im not too sure why though.. Staples shouldn't be too far behind though

SpaceCadet
10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
Staples might not be the loudest arena in the league but its the nicest

blackcat45
10-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Coneseco has the best looking venue for an actual basketball gymnasium not a huge arean...Madison Square Garden, Oracle Arena, United Center, and Staples is nice but it copies the Garden way too much

blackcat45
10-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Staples Center is huge and it has to be up there as one of the nicest...nothing was spared for that arena it sure is cool nice job freakin Buss...Oracle Arena is also one of the nicest venues

blackcat45
10-14-2008, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't call it the best arena, but it's not the worst. I've been to MANY games at Arco Arena, and the amenities might be nonexistent compared to new arenas, but as far as watching an NBA game goes, Arco is awesome. The seats are very close to the floor. And the seats are steep so even as you go far away from the floor, you are still pretty close and have a good view. Me personally, I don't care if there are 5 star restaurants, lavish box seats, and awesome sound systems. I go to watch the game. And back in the day, when Arco really got rocking, it was one of the best arenas to go to watch a game.

haha finally I thought I was the only one who saw the rapist get his ankles broken by the foreign point guard i love it:clap:

BkOriginalOne
10-14-2008, 03:00 PM
The Mecca!
MSG. Too historic and too gritty, very reminiscent of mid 80s early 90s Basketball, back when the NBA was tough. Players could also get away with a lot more trash talking and show-boating. But with the way it's going now, I won't be suprised if Stern fines players for jeering back at Spike Lee.

Nba players also love playing there and state that it may be the toughest arena to play in.

L@ker4Life
10-14-2008, 03:04 PM
They got that from MSG. :rolleyes:

Actually, they got it from the Forum...Back when showtime was around they dimmed the lights. It was an attempt to get the fans to focus and get into the game and not just look in the crowd to see how many celebrities they can find.

If we are talking about the nicest arena as far as quality I would have to say the staples center because it is new and downtown....If we are talking about the hardest arena to play in I would have to say energysolutions (Jazz) that place is so loud you cant hear yourself think.

I think staples center has the worst crowd. To many high rollers and foreign business men that you can sometimes hear a pin drop......They need to put us fans from the 300s on the floor if they want to have a home court advantage.

jnb58
10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Check the Rose Garden some time. It is sweet. I went to Key Arena to watch the Blazers vs Sonics hated everything about the experience.

Staples in nice. I didn't think it was as nice as the RG. I would love to go to MSG or the old Garden.

You would be surprised at how awesome the sports venues in the NW are (except Key. *BARF*).

23LBJCleBrowns
10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
MSG, then Quicken Loans Arena.

chicagowhitesox
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
United Center

cmellofan15
10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
PEPSI CENTER!!!! Ohh yea!!!

Gibby23
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
MSG, then Quicken Loans Arena.

Didn't they go out of business?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-14-2008, 11:03 PM
I was thinking? Is Cobo Hall still out there?

I dont know basketball wise but have good footage from Bob Seger and Kiss playing there.

richardle9
10-14-2008, 11:22 PM
The last time I was there I was not impressed at all, it was a dump. I know people say all the historical significance and whatnot, but I never got the same feeling I got from yankee Stadium at MSG

My all-time favorite is the Summit (now Lakewood Church). It was very unique, had fantastic food, all the venues were original and one of a kind. The place was just bad ***. Toyota Center blows imo

also called the compaq center, i went to the very last game the rockets played at the compaq center

kobynum2417
10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
staples!!

kntresistheheat
10-15-2008, 12:41 AM
United ceter and American Airlines Arena.....I lived in chicago and now in Miami!

Beno7500
10-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Also, the Thomas and Mack center

Lakersfan2483
10-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Simple and Clear.

But thats an opinion.

Madison Square Garden is the best arena, followed by the Staples Center.

Aapox
10-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I've never been inside but when I drove by Conseco Fieldhouse two or three times when i was in Indy it looked AMAZING.

clubsandaces
10-15-2008, 03:08 AM
I've been to a few throughout my life, and the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland was always my favorite (I am biased since its closest to me though, and I've been there many times). The Staples Center is nice as well.

Jeremy5150
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
I've been to both American Airlines *Center* in Dallas, and TD Banknorth. Both are great places to watch a game with great modern facilities and great access. Dallas gets great attendance, but I hate the Mavs, so I'd have to go TD Banknorth.

CityofTreez
05-11-2009, 04:25 PM

Arco Arena: The 6th Man Baby

klvanzu
05-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Favorites: MSG, The United Center, The Rose Garden, Palace at Auburn Hills

durtee
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Well I will be honest, the Palace is the only arena that I have been in for a basketball game. Now that I live in South Florida I will definitely check out American Airlines Arena and the Orlando Magic Arena (whatever that place is called). The most intriguing arena for me has been Arco Arena. For some reason that place just looks fun.

Don Starks
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
when the team is playing well i have to go with MSG.

shonk688
05-11-2009, 07:47 PM
We've already had this thread several times and I will show this to all of you guys again It is Conseco Fieldhouse. Conseco has actually been voted as one of the best arenas in the world not just in the NBA or America.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/arena-center-new-2245646-old-right

http://www.enduringwanderlust.com/best-nba-arenas-to-visit/

http://www.worldsportsarenas.com/

bahama0811
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Pepsi Center

albertc86
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm a Lakers homer and not even I would pick the Staples Center. That place is as quiet as can be. Celebs and corporate types kill the buzz there.