PDA

View Full Version : We're going to be 6-10, if we're lucky

69centers
10-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Here's my predictions for the rest of the games if we stick with Cassell. Of course, if we get another QB in, the wins will surely go up.

vs Broncos L
vs Rams W
@ Colts L
vs Bills L
vs Jets L
@ Dolphins L
vs Steelers L
@ Seahawks W
@ Raiders W
vs Cardinals L
@ Bills L

That would make us 6-10

BTownTeamsRKing
10-14-2008, 12:23 AM
thats very pessimistic

69centers
10-14-2008, 10:19 AM
thats very pessimistic

Then please put up the W's on the schedule that you think we'll win. You predict more than 3 more wins for the rest of the season? Against who?

bagwell368
10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
vs Broncos L
vs Rams W
@ Colts L
vs Bills L
vs Jets L
@ Dolphins L
vs Steelers L
@ Seahawks W
@ Raiders W
vs Cardinals L
@ Bills L

That would make us 6-10

beat Jets at home

win 1 or 2 of these 3: Bills at home, Dolphins on the road, Bills away

that gives a 8-8 or 9-7, not great, but what did you expect w/o Brady?

PapelbonBall58
10-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I really don't care how many games we lose, its not like we are going to make a run at the superbowl, we can get a good pick, get another lineman in here to protect Brady when he comes back and I will be happy.

The Intimidator
10-14-2008, 05:10 PM
This is ridiculous. My god, you're so ****ing pessimistic. Get out of here with crap like this.

69centers
10-15-2008, 12:04 AM
This is ridiculous. My god, you're so ****ing pessimistic. Get out of here with crap like this.

Put your prediction up, Intimidation, and we'll compare at the end of the year. I'm sticking with 6-10, but that changes if Cassel is out. What's yours?

ProPoster
10-15-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm going to have to agree with 69. As much as i want the pats to win every single game, we all have to be realistic. Matt Cassell will take a long time before he can settle in and become a decent QB that he potentially is. But by that time, the season will be near end. His confidence goes down and Moss loses more patience with every loss, so keep that in mind even with presumed "easy" teams. Not to blame everything on Cassell, the defense is also weak right now. Maybe the defensive coordinator isn't all cut out to be what he thought he was.

MilledgeGomez
10-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Cassell blows and I'm sick of his **** I really want to see Kevin O'Connell and see what he can do

The Intimidator
10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
9-7 or 10-6. That's my prediction.

Patsfan56
10-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Earlier this season I predicted 11-5 with Brady. We have already lost to Miami (not in my prediction- was it in anyones?), and SD which I did. However, I am now thinking 9-7:

vs Broncos L
vs Rams W
@ Colts L
vs Bills L
vs Jets W
@ Dolphins W
vs Steelers L
@ Seahawks W
@ Raiders W
vs Cardinals W
@ Bills L

Of course, if the Pats defense, o line, and MC don't figure out some answers very quickly, we will lose the next Jets, Phins, and Cardinals games as well.

To quote "Wargames", I'd piss on a spark plug if I thought it would do any good.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Then please put up the W's on the schedule that you think we'll win. You predict more than 3 more wins for the rest of the season? Against who?

i still see 10-6

i think u guys are really not giving Cassel enough credit, not that he deserves much. but he is not doing nearly as bad as everyone is saying.

he looked good when he came out in the 3rd quarter and the coaching staff screwed up at the goaline calling 3 pass plays.

The Intimidator
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
i still see 10-6

i think u guys are really not giving Cassel enough credit, not that he deserves much. but he is not doing nearly as bad as everyone is saying.

he looked good when he came out in the 3rd quarter and the coaching staff screwed up at the goaline calling 3 pass plays.

Thank you. Some people in here are making Cassel out to be the second-coming of Ryan Leaf.

Patsfan56
10-16-2008, 12:45 PM
For the record, I don't think he is Leaf material. In fact, I think it is an offensive systemic issue. To put it technically, the offense as a unit sucks right now.

MC needs to get rid of the ball more quickly, but he also needs support from that O line. The running backs don't have decent holes to rush through. Maroney may as well not be on the team right now. And the defense cant get off the field to give a young QB the number of chances he needs to get a spark going.

We were so quick in 2001 to talk about team at the super bowl. Remember when they all came out without getting announced? It was easy to be a team supported then. Well peeps, dig deep because these guys will either succeed or fail as a unit.

I am still hoping they pull it together and Cassel finishes strong this season. He seems like a good kid and i can see him show flashes of being a good QB. If he were to leave I would like to see him do well somewhere else

ERLynx
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
that 2001 team was so awesome.

bagwell368
10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
In fact, I think it is an offensive systemic issue. To put it technically, the offense as a unit sucks right now.

If he were to leave I would like to see him do well somewhere else

It goes both ways. If Cassel's footwork/judgment/timing lead him to taking .35 seconds more then Brady to execute a play, it's easier to change one guy (the QB), then the whole team. When the teams sees him throwing to open guys short, and sees the play calling getting dumbed down for him the doubt grows, and it is largely his job to fix it.

Like it or not they are looking for a sign of leadership, or a spark of hope. I am afraid that BB and his system and coaches cannot turn a frog into a prince in this amount of time.

As for what Cassel does next year, I am disinterested. It's while he is here that he matters to me. I'm a Pats fan, not an ex-Pats fan (other then retirement players of course).