PDA

View Full Version : i think i have the solution for the pats D. Hear me Out and comment please

doesntmatter1
10-13-2008, 05:13 PM
i am a devoted pats fan and i have noticed a few things about our defense since the start of the season.

First thing first, Deltha Oneal is a bum. I have thought that before the chargers game. He seems to struggle on slants and deep routes. He seems to be lacking the necessary speed. He got picked on by the chargers and did anyone notice that for some reason ellis hobbs is good at defending the deep ball. Chargers didn't have their way with him last night or in the playoffs.

Ellis Hobbs is a decent corner. I have always thought so and the pats have developed a good combination with ellis hobbs and brandon merriweather over the top. Ellis hobbs covers the under neath routes extremely well when merriweather is over the top and merriweather himself has impressive coverage skills.

Left side corner should remain hobbs and the safeties should stay sanders and harrison with merriweather subbing. And Lewis Sanders should be our right side corner. Best slot option is merriweather, then its a toss up for the rest of our corners(wheatley, wilhite, oneal).

If colvin is healthy bring him back. Maybe sign him to a cheaper contract because he provided pressure on a constant basis and was our fastest linebacker. This would allow adalius thomas back inside and possibly make bruschi sit on the bench. Bruschi doesnt know what an interception is or a sack for the last few years. C'mon seau was older and almost always outplayed bruschi. Bruschi is a consistent tackler but we need to become the defense of 2003 that forced turnovers at will. so our outside linebackers should look like this: Colvin, Thomas, Mayo, Vrabel. Piere Woods can sub with one of the outside linebackers when they get tired. We could could also play a 4-3 with the linemen as : Jarvis green, seymour, wilfork, warren and thomas could also play the role of jarvis green. Lb in 4-3: Colvin, mayo, vrabel or even woods. Lastly i would really like to see shawn crable get some playing time on passing situations because in the preseason he had very good coverage.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-13-2008, 10:03 PM
i agree with with all of it.

Bruschi is too slow. i think Guyton should step in at ILB.

The Intimidator
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
We don't need Colvin back. Him leaving allows us to play Thomas on the outside, where he is more effective. Colvin leaving was a positive thing for us.

BostonHooligan1
10-14-2008, 05:28 PM
i am a devoted pats fan and i have noticed a few things about our defense since the start of the season.

First thing first, Deltha Oneal is a bum. I have thought that before the chargers game. He seems to struggle on slants and deep routes. He seems to be lacking the necessary speed. He got picked on by the chargers and did anyone notice that for some reason ellis hobbs is good at defending the deep ball. Chargers didn't have their way with him last night or in the playoffs.

Ellis Hobbs is a decent corner. I have always thought so and the pats have developed a good combination with ellis hobbs and brandon merriweather over the top. Ellis hobbs covers the under neath routes extremely well when merriweather is over the top and merriweather himself has impressive coverage skills.

Left side corner should remain hobbs and the safeties should stay sanders and harrison with merriweather subbing. And Lewis Sanders should be our right side corner. Best slot option is merriweather, then its a toss up for the rest of our corners(wheatley, wilhite, oneal).

If colvin is healthy bring him back. Maybe sign him to a cheaper contract because he provided pressure on a constant basis and was our fastest linebacker. This would allow adalius thomas back inside and possibly make bruschi sit on the bench. Bruschi doesnt know what an interception is or a sack for the last few years. C'mon seau was older and almost always outplayed bruschi. Bruschi is a consistent tackler but we need to become the defense of 2003 that forced turnovers at will. so our outside linebackers should look like this: Colvin, Thomas, Mayo, Vrabel. Piere Woods can sub with one of the outside linebackers when they get tired. We could could also play a 4-3 with the linemen as : Jarvis green, seymour, wilfork, warren and thomas could also play the role of jarvis green. Lb in 4-3: Colvin, mayo, vrabel or even woods. Lastly i would really like to see shawn crable get some playing time on passing situations because in the preseason he had very good coverage.

not a bad idea....but i dont follow with the crable...i think he is too slow and the game moves to fast for him.

MilledgeGomez
10-16-2008, 07:43 PM
i agree with with all of it.

Bruschi is too slow. i think Guyton should step in at ILB.

Mos def Guyton is a beast

cmoneytakemoney
10-16-2008, 11:32 PM
We don't need Colvin back. Him leaving allows us to play Thomas on the outside, where he is more effective. Colvin leaving was a positive thing for us.

Yeah I thought the same thing before the season started but, do you really still believe that? I know Adalius Thomas had a great career in Baltimore but, the Patriots aren't using him the right way or something because he has done much at all the year and a half he's been here. I thought moving him back to the outside with Vrable was the right move and, I thought they both would be pressuring and sacking the f-u-c-k outta QB's but, that's not the case at all. I know I'm probably in the minority when I say when healthy Colvin is twice as good as Adalius Thomas. When Colvin was with the Bears he was more of a beast than Thomas was when he was with the Ravens and, even after Colvin recovered from that career threatening injury the 1st year he was here to me he was still a better pass rusher than AD. I would bring him back in a minute and move AD from inside back to outside just like we did last year. On a side note isn't Simeon Rice still available and looking for a job? I don't care how old he is. Dude can get to the quarterback like Michael Strahan could and, with a weak secondary that's something we need bad. This team isn't going to win games this year by putting up crazy points. We need to beat teams with defense like we did in 2001 so, lets get some pass rushers in here in start smashing up quarterbacks or, lets call it a year and develop the young guys like Crable, Guyton, Merriweather, Wheatley, and Wilhite.

bagwell368
10-18-2008, 12:54 PM
When Colvin was with the Bears he was more of a beast than Thomas was when he was with the Ravens and, even after Colvin recovered from that career threatening injury the 1st year he was here to me he was still a better pass rusher than AD. I would bring him back in a minute and move AD from inside back to outside just like we did last year.

Colvin before his injury was probably more fit to the Pats system then AD. However to say that Colvin was better on da Bears then AD on the Ravens is just not correct IMO. If Colvin hadn't been hurt, he'd have his number retired here, and maybe get into the HOF and AD never would have been signed.

AD isn't being used correctly and that really puts him into a bind - I think he doesn't like it - and its going to be used against him at contract time too.

Colvin was let go, and then cut. He is no longer able to play NFL football, but then again neither is Bruschi. Bring on one of the kids or a rotation thereof.

The Intimidator
10-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Colvin before his injury was probably more fit to the Pats system then AD. However to say that Colvin was better on da Bears then AD on the Ravens is just not correct IMO. If Colvin hadn't been hurt, he'd have his number retired here, and maybe get into the HOF and AD never would have been signed.

AD isn't being used correctly and that really puts him into a bind - I think he doesn't like it - and its going to be used against him at contract time too.

Colvin was let go, and then cut. He is no longer able to play NFL football, but then again neither is Bruschi. Bring on one of the kids or a rotation thereof.

Thank you. :cheers:

cmoneytakemoney
10-18-2008, 09:58 PM

When Colvin first came to the Patriots from the Bears everyone in Chicago said that Roosevelt Colvin was the leader of that sick Bears defense over Urlacher including Urlacher. Colvin was a sack machine before he got hurt and even after he got hurt he could still get to the QB more than Adalius Thomas could as far as I can see and, although Adalius had a great career in Baltimore nobody ever said he was the leader of that sick Ravens defense over Ray Lewis.

celticfan
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I really like seeing Crable play at Michigan. i think he should get some plays on defense.

The Intimidator
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
When Colvin first came to the Patriots from the Bears everyone in Chicago said that Roosevelt Colvin was the leader of that sick Bears defense over Urlacher including Urlacher. Colvin was a sack machine before he got hurt and even after he got hurt he could still get to the QB more than Adalius Thomas could as far as I can see and, although Adalius had a great career in Baltimore nobody ever said he was the leader of that sick Ravens defense over Ray Lewis.

Colvin is done as an effective NFL player. You just need to accept that.