PDA

View Full Version : Good team I think, what holes do you see.

Yankees1115
10-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Had the first pick in a yahoo head to head league with 12 teams. I like the team alot but what holes do you guys see. :confused:

1. (1) Chris Paul PG
2. (24) Josh Smith SF,PF
3. (25) Tim Duncan PF,C
4. (48) Kevin Durant SG,SF
5. (49) LaMarcus Aldridge PF,C
6. (72) Tyson Chandler C
7. (73) Luol Deng SG,SF
8. (96) Raymond Felton PG,SG
9. (97) Zach Randolph PF
10. (120) Jeff Green SF,PF
11. (121) Mickael Pietrus SG,SF
12. (144) Shaquille O'Neal C
13. (145) Antonio McDyess PF

_Supreme_
10-13-2008, 06:49 PM
I usually make a depth chart for my teams to see how well they are balanced.

PG - Paul/Felton
SG - Durant/Pietrus
SF - Deng/Green
PF - Smith/Randolph/McDyess
C - Duncan/Chandler/Aldridge/Shaq

Let's go through all the stat categories (for what my opinion is worth... but I've had a lot of winning fantasy bball experience in recent years so I do know what I'm talking about):

- Paul and Felton are the only assist providers, and while Paul is great at that he still needs more help than just Felton, so you still need another point guard Imo.

- Three point shooting is definitely a huge hole on that team. If you meet another team with 2 potent 3pt shooters I can pretty much guarantee you that they will win the matchup by themselves.

- Your rebounding should be top notch (even after you make the changes I will suggest later), so there are no worries there.

- Getting a good FG% shouldn't be a problem because you have a lot of bigs, and bigs usually have better FG%. Durant and Felton tend to have somewhat bad FG%s, but I think overall your team can afford them not being that good at this stat.

- I have no idea about the FT% of all these guys, so I don't know (except Shaq's is baaaaad :D).

- Shotblocking looks to be covered also with one of the NBA's top at this: Josh Smith, and Duncan getting his, and with Aldridge and Tyson chipping in with a few extra.

- Turnovers can be a crapshoot, but since you have a lot of big men who tend to turn-over less I'd say right now that you'll do good more often than not.

- IDK about the steals, keep an eye on that one and see how it goes.

- And finally, the scoring stat will probably be give some and take some. Nobody on there with spectacular scoring amounts, but they all do get a good share of scoring in the 15/20s.

Sooooo in the end I'd say this first: DROP SHAQ ASAP

You really do not need him on your team because you have plenty quality big men already in Smith, Duncan, Chandler, Aldride and Randolph. That spot is much more important to fill with another point guard giving you assists and preferably some 3s/steals.

The same goes for Pietrus and McDyess. They are not bad players, but if there are options available to pick up who provide the stats I mentioned I'd replace them with some guards for sure. You really really need a couple of more 3pt shooting guards instead of Shaq and McDyess. With Pietrus it depends on how many minutes he will get.

If it's possible to give a link to your league's homepage we can see who left in the free agent list?

Yankees1115
10-14-2008, 03:03 AM
http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/20904

Very good help, thanks alot. I am def working on the 3 ball and I am trying to work out trades for Carmelo and J Kidd right now. The owner who has carmelo really needs a center so I am trying to get him for aldrigde and green. I have enough bigs. I only took Shaq because no one else did and you never know but he can be a good contributer in head to head play sometimes.

Bwangster12
10-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I am a strong proponent of PGs and PFs... as many are. You don't seem to have any past Felton and Paul... right?

I almost don't think you can have too many, assuming they can shoot 3s in addition to their normal stat line.

AirJordanXVIII
10-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Pretty good. %'s MIGHT be trouble spot.

LD V2.0
10-18-2008, 12:07 PM
McDyess isn't going to get enough PT to be fantasy relevant.

Boozerguy47
10-26-2008, 05:58 AM
Might want to add 1 more PG as a safety. In additon, you may want to try to find a player who will boost your number of three pointers.