PDA

View Full Version : Who are the worst projected starters at each position in each conferenceż

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
In my Opinion

East:

Chalmers,Anthony Parker,Moon,Amir Johnson,Haywood

West:

Carter,Peterson,Ricky Davis,Warrick,Oberto

lovingTO
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
wow 2 raptors players..what a surprize savage:rolleyes:

LAKERS 24/7
10-12-2008, 11:27 PM
moon and parker are pretty good imo

carter15
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
definately not moon....put the nets SF maybe bobby simmons in that spot....there mite be one worse but thats off the top of my head.

and haywood isnt the worst center either.

DerekRE_3
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Udrih is a solid PG. 14 points and 6 assists isn't bad. And it's going to be his first year starting. He's looking really good tonight.

UofA
10-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Anthony Parker isn't that bad

SwaggaIke
10-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Too bad Chalmers isn't the projected starter.

Kyle N.
10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Earl Watson and Mike Conley are worse than Udrih.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:32 PM
if you dont agree tell me your options for each position , for example i had my doubts between Haywood and Perkins or Parker and Deshawn Stevenson.

Moon is a Lock anyway.

About Udrih its either him or Alston.

Being the worst starter does not mean being a BAD player, imagine that the league had just 6 teams and for the Pf position one had Kg, other Duncan other Boozer, Other Brand, Other Pau and other Dirk.... One of them would be the "worst" starting Pf and still woudl be a hell of a player.

knicks1214
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
How is moon a lock anyway? He is one of the better defenders in the NBA and can score/rebound if the team needs him to.

JermanJaysFan
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
In my Opinion

East:

Chalmers,Anthony Parker,Moon,Amir Johnson,Haywood

West:

Udrih,Peterson,Ricky Davis,Warrick,Oberto

Hahaha.

Parker is a very solid defender, not to mention of the best shooters in the league. Moon is an athletic freak who can block shots/rebound/steal/dunk and even shoot pretty well.

Off the top of my head, I would take AP's 12.5 points (48% from the field, 44% from three) over Deshawn Stevenson, Larry Hughes and Sasha Pavlovic/whoever else the Cavs run out there at the 2 in the East.

Again, off the top of my head, I would take Jamario's 9/6/1.5 ( 49% from the field) over Simmons and Q-Rich.

_Supreme_
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Since when is Amir Johnson the projected starter for Detroit :confused:

knicks1214
10-12-2008, 11:37 PM
Q-Rich might not be starting but I would take Moon over Q also. Also, Amir was said to be the starter for a few weeks. Mcdyess is coming off the bench again.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:38 PM
As i said the worst starter does not mean being a bad player.

Please think it that way

who are the 14 Easter team Rivals for the SF position?

Pierce= Better than Moon.

Igoudala= Better than Moon.

Q Richardson= Better than Moon.

Yi= Better than Moon

Prince= Better than Moon

Deng= Batter than Moon

Jeffersson= Better than Moon

Granger= Better than Moon

Lebron= Better than Moon

J Smith= Better than Moon

Turkoglu= Better than Moon

Marion/Beasley( id ont know who wil play fake pf) = Better than Moon

G Wallace= better than Moon

Butler = Better than Moon.

So if they all are better than him he is the worst starting Sf in the conference.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Beno Udrih is better than Anthony Carter

_Supreme_
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Q-Rich might not be starting but I would take Moon over Q also. Also, Amir was said to be the starter for a few weeks. Mcdyess is coming off the bench again.

He might have started a preseason game, but no way is he good enough to be Detroit's starter. Jason Maxiell will be ahead of him when push comes to shove.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM
^ True!!! I forgot about carter, Im going to edit.

_Supreme_
10-12-2008, 11:41 PM

Yi= Better than Moon

I don't agree with these, and Yi will be playing PF.

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Since when is Amir Johnson the projected starter for Detroit :confused:

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nba_tracker/posts/11521?eref=sircrc

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Toronto fans, im not the enemy, id like for you to meet Lakers, Blazers or Grizzlies in the Finals, to ensure a Spaniard gets a ring, im just being realistic.

You are weak in Sg and SF position, the good thing is you have a very good front court if Jo is able to stay Healthy and Calderon is one of the best Pass first PG in the game so , if nothing bad happens about injuries you can easily do a top 5 seed in the east.

But being realistic with that Back Court you cant expect to go further than a second round.

Thinking otherwise is delusional and may lead to a rude awakenig.

Not to talk about if JO does injury for a long period, then Lottery would be the Teams Destiny.

_Supreme_
10-12-2008, 11:45 PM
http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nba_tracker/posts/11521?eref=sircrc

Good for him, but it won't last long because he simply isn't good enough right now.

JermanJaysFan
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM

Please think it that way

Yi= Better than Moon

Prince= Better than Moon

Deng= Batter than Moon

Lebron= Better than Moon

So if they all are better than him he is the worst starting Sf in the conference.
I still disagree with these two.

One, everyhting I have seen has Yi as a PF, with Simmons starting at the 3 for the Nets. I think it is a given that Moon is better than Simmons.

Even so, here are the numbers, and they bear me out:

Look at the numbers:

Moon: 8.5 pts, 6.2 boards (49% from the floor, 33% from three) in 28 minutes

Q-Rich: 8.1 pts, 4.8 boards with horrendous percentages (36% from the field, 32 from the three) in 28 minutes last year.

Yi: 8.6 pts, 5.2 boards, (42% from the floor, 29% from three) in 25 mins.

Simmons: 7.6 points, 3.2 boards (42% from the floor, 35% from three)

That is not to mention that Moon owns all three of these guys in the blocks, steals, and overall defensive presence categories.

okcthunder1
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
um i'd say whoever starts at the 2 spot for Dallas will be among the worst in the league, earl watson for OKC, peterson for NO, Oberto for SA

knicks1214
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Oberto might be the worst starter in the NBA on any team...

_Supreme_
10-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Mikki Moore as your starting power forward isn't reason to celebrate either :smoking:

I'd take Hakim Warrick over him on my team any day of the week.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Moon is what 29 years old? Richardson is there after a lot of REALLY good years, please check his career stats.

Yi is young and developing, see his ceilling.

Moons peak was last year Mark my words.

_Supreme_
10-13-2008, 12:06 AM
For the West you'd have:

PG - Anthony Carter
SG - Morris Peterson
SF - Jeff Green/Martell Webster (both not that bad but still the worst starters at SF)
PF - Mikki Moore
C - Fabricio Oberto

knicks1214
10-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Ceilings are not always met, a la Bargnani and the guy who they labeled the next MJ-I forgot his name--got hurt. Last year was his first year in the NBA...watch his stats get better and his defense is only going to improve...I take him over Q, and I'm a Knicks fan, any day.

_Supreme_
10-13-2008, 12:08 AM

Actually Yi hasn't been that good at all untill now, and his game doesn't seem to be progressing either.

And he isn't a small forward but a power forward, so he doesn't even count :smoking:

JermanJaysFan
10-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Moon is what 29 years old? Richardson is there after a lot of REALLY good years, please check his career stats.

Moons peak was last year Mark my words.
I don't care what Rich has done in the past. Sure, he used to put up some nice point totals, but he shot over 40% once in the past six seasons. He sucks even more now.

Yi is irrelevant, he is a PF.

Despite his age, Moon got better offensively as the season went on last year. Indications from preseason this year are that his rebounding and perimeter shooting are improved.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree though, becuase I assume you won't accept these arguments.

Sox Appeal
10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Actually Yi hasn't been that good at all untill now, and his game doesn't seem to be progressing either.

And he isn't a small forward but a power forward, so he doesn't even count :smoking:

I've lost you. Your making it sound like Yi's been in the league for a few years. When he hasn't. He was a rookie last season in Milwaukee. And after they drafted him, they didn't even give him a chance to succeed. He only played in 66 games, so the Bucks where only given a small sample size of what this guy can do.

Give him time, in the right system, Yi has the potential to be an All - Star caliber player.

Sevilla91
10-13-2008, 12:17 AM
wright or terry for dallas's 2 spot isnt bad. wright is a good player with a good jumper and good defener. terry is killer at 3's and can attack the basket with a 85% free throw percentage.

id say the worst starters in the west are:
pg:atkins
sg:petterson
sf:Francisco Garcia
pf:moore
c:nene/marc gasol

SAVAGE CLAW
10-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Nene or Marc Gasol? Are you drunkż or a foreigners hater?

I wonder what woudl cuban say if someone offered Nene or Marc Gasol to him for Dampier....

dre1990
10-13-2008, 12:21 AM
i hate these worst threads. they are all good

Dol-Fan
10-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Good posting, JJF. Moon is definately in the bottom 3/4 for starting SFs in the East, but certainly better than Simmons and Q-Rich.

Parker is solid, nothing special but I will take his top 5 3pt shooting, 48% from the field, and solid D over at least a few guys in the East.

Worst starters? Sorry if I get this wrong, Heat fans, but I'm going to say Mark Blount and Chris Quinn (correct me if I'm wrong, please) along with Luke Ridnour, Mickael Pietrus, Nazr Mohammed..

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-13-2008, 03:04 AM
How is NENE the worst??? He's better then Camby offensively, and he;s more physical defensively....

Carter is definately the worst started....He is garbage, straight up.

Lundbelievable
10-13-2008, 05:20 AM

Please think it that way

Yi= Better than Moon

Prince= Better than Moon

Deng= Batter than Moon

Lebron= Better than Moon

Ehhh.. I dont kno about Q... dude averaged like 7 points last year and plays about as much defense as my computer.

DenButsu
10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
If Karl starts Anthony Carter over J.R. Smith, then the clear winner of this "honor" will be AC.

MiamiHeat
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Chalmers wont be starting.
Blount def. gets an honor if he starts

knicks1214
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
How can Oberto not be the clear cut, or Anthony Carter, favorite as the worst starters in the NBA?

heyman321
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Ehhh.. I dont kno about Q... dude averaged like 7 points last year and plays about as much defense as my computer.

LMAO I acutally laughed out loud.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-13-2008, 05:59 PM
carter in the west

DerekRE_3
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
if you dont agree tell me your options for each position , for example i had my doubts between Haywood and Perkins or Parker and Deshawn Stevenson.

Moon is a Lock anyway.

About Udrih its either him or Alston.

Being the worst starter does not mean being a BAD player, imagine that the league had just 6 teams and for the Pf position one had Kg, other Duncan other Boozer, Other Brand, Other Pau and other Dirk.... One of them would be the "worst" starting Pf and still woudl be a hell of a player.

Earl Watson is worse. Hes the starter on the Thunder for now, not Westbrook. And there's Chris Duhon on the Knicks. I'd take Udrih or Alston over him.

Hawkeye15
10-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Udrih is a solid PG. 14 points and 6 assists isn't bad. And it's going to be his first year starting. He's looking really good tonight.

classic case of a player who went to a non pressure situation, and played well with no expectations. With a new big contract, I don't think you see that same free spirit. Could be wrong, I watched him play a couple times last year, and I liked his game

DerekRE_3
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
classic case of a player who went to a non pressure situation, and played well with no expectations. With a new big contract, I don't think you see that same free spirit. Could be wrong, I watched him play a couple times last year, and I liked his game

He's been very solid so far in the preseason and now that he has confidence in his game he can only improve in my opinion.

And to the person that said Francisco Garcia is worst starting SF in the NBA...he's not a starter. John Salmons is the starting SF on the Kings. And when he started last year he got 17.5 ppg and 6 boards, while shooting 49%.