PDA

View Full Version : Starting all over!

Crombiestudd6
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
the only thing that sucks about this whole deal if we fire nolan and everything and the gm deal we have to start all over again and these last 4 years have been a waste of time! its horrible! we prob wont have a qb and hardly ne wr its gna be a long couple of more years again! just thins its been 14 years since we been to a superbowl and 6 years since weve even been in the playoffs! and i dont see it coming ne time soon! Thats on ownership! its embarassing to be a 49er fan at this time! and its hard to look forward to football ne more!

WillisLovechild
10-12-2008, 09:26 PM
the only thing that sucks about this whole deal if we fire nolan and everything and the gm deal we have to start all over again and these last 4 years have been a waste of time! its horrible! we prob wont have a qb and hardly ne wr its gna be a long couple of more years again! just thins its been 14 years since we been to a superbowl and 6 years since weve even been in the playoffs! and i dont see it coming ne time soon! Thats on ownership! its embarassing to be a 49er fan at this time! and its hard to look forward to football ne more!

We may not necessarily have to start all over. Look at the Falcons and the Dolphins. Both of them got completely new regimes, and they're doing alright. We have more talent on the roster right now than those teams teams, so if we start over, which we will, then I think we'll be okay. We have solid pieces and overall we're pretty young. We already have a franchise LT, HB, and MLB so we have some important pieces locked down. All we really need is a pass rush and a QB, and then we'll be okay. Those can be hard to find, but I don't think our next re-build will take all that long. We just need to hire the right GM and coaches, and hopefully they make the right choices on draft day and in FA.

Crombiestudd6
10-12-2008, 09:35 PM
ya but if we keep doing this the whole starting over thing then we can also waste there talents and b4 we know it they either are retired or they want to go to a knew team cuz we suck so bad! we need some new wrs to

kobecain08
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
wILLISLOVECHILD HAS A GOOD POINT. WE HAVE GOOD PIECES IN WILLIS,GORE AND STALEY BUT WE JUST NEED A BETTER OLINE AND A QB

Tmac416
10-12-2008, 11:03 PM

it wont be any whee near as bad as when nolan first came here. we have way more talant now.

WillisLovechild
10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
I forgot that we just hired our GM, so let's wait so he can get his own guy at HC, and see how he does with a little more time.

GiantSacNiner
10-13-2008, 12:04 AM
I forgot that we just hired our GM, so let's wait so he can get his own guy at HC, and see how he does with a little more time.
He was a nolan hire get his *** out of here with nolan :clap:

rapjuicer06
10-13-2008, 12:44 AM
i say we bring holmie in and clean house like tuna did....

Darren5000
10-13-2008, 01:13 AM
We may not necessarily have to start all over. Look at the Falcons and the Dolphins. Both of them got completely new regimes, and they're doing alright. We have more talent on the roster right now than those teams teams, so if we start over, which we will, then I think we'll be okay. We have solid pieces and overall we're pretty young. We already have a franchise LT, HB, and MLB so we have some important pieces locked down. All we really need is a pass rush and a QB, and then we'll be okay. Those can be hard to find, but I don't think our next re-build will take all that long. We just need to hire the right GM and coaches, and hopefully they make the right choices on draft day and in FA.

RIght on, Willis, how's it going? I'm not too fond of the Yorks, but I am open to getting Mike Holmgren in the same way Parcells runs things on the Dolphins NOT as HC.

What hurts the 49ers is:
No. #1 WR to rely on. Unless perhaps we can slot V Davis as maybe a #1 WR, it's still a jumble bag of bad players.

No pass rush

Bad coaching, like Mr. Nolan.

Losing to big teams like the Eagles/Pats/Saints. Let's forget whether or not they are .500, point is when you get that 'rematch' against a team that has dominated you, you need to win it. So far, we got one blow out, 38-24 and now 40-26 to the Eagles. How long must we keep Nolan?

I'm not sure if we tank our season that FAs will come to the 49ers...unless we get a big name HC.

WillisLovechild
10-13-2008, 02:17 AM
I'm not normally one for tanking a season, and I don't think we should do that. I do however think that we need to fire Nolan before seasons end. If we lose another game like we did today, we should pull the plug. We were in the game for most of it, and then they just blew up and stole it from us, or Nolan gave it to them. Why throw the ball with the lead when we have ****ing Frank Gore? Come on. Personally, I would love to have Holmgreen as a GM/President or whatever Parcells does in Miami. Sucks that the GM only had a year with us, but if that means we get Holmgreen then let's do it.

rapjuicer06
10-13-2008, 02:21 AM
well i think its the GMs call right now to fire Nolan and hes not so he needs to go too....******* needs to get rid of him to keep his job or kiss it good bye

BarryIsInnocent
10-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Hows that T.O trade for brandon Whiting looking now>???

krazylegz
10-13-2008, 03:29 AM
the problem has been at the top...the yorks are not the best owners in the world.....but they are headed in the right direction. the offense was historically bad last season,they avg. 13.6 pts a game last year.....so far they are at 23.5/gm. mike martz is a very good thing for the niners...once his system is in place,things will be gravy....in my opinion the niners secondary has been totally underachieving this year,i thought for sure clements and harris would be lock down.......will they make the playoffs this year?...doubt it,but i still expect a 7 win season

Darren5000
10-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I still don't see a #1Wr emerging, so how does that help us win games if we don't have the go to? Every QB has a go to, how come we can't get one forming? First it's Bruce, then Battle, then V Davis as the go to apparantely. Once again, JT has 199 passing, and he's showing why he's a journeyman the way he's playing. Our pass rush is still pathetic...what's good one week sucks the next.:mad: FIre Nolan!

WillisLovechild
10-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Hows that T.O trade for brandon Whiting looking now>???

That has nothing to do with this discussion, but I'm glad we got rid of him. TO is a *****, and he was destroying our chemistry and dividing the locker room. I don't know who you're a fan of, but stay in their forum if you're going to post nonsense like that. We were never going to get fair value for him because he has such a terrible attitude.

I still don't see a #1Wr emerging, so how does that help us win games if we don't have the go to? Every QB has a go to, how come we can't get one forming? First it's Bruce, then Battle, then V Davis as the go to apparantely. Once again, JT has 199 passing, and he's showing why he's a journeyman the way he's playing. Our pass rush is still pathetic...what's good one week sucks the next.:mad: FIre Nolan!

VD can be that guy if Martz would just design more plays for the TE. Tony Gonzales was the only weapon in KC, so the OC made plays for him, Martz just needs to do that. And I think we should play Josh Morgan more, why not give him some playing time when it's obvious we're not making the playoffs? But then again, Mike Nolan is running things, so it kind of makes sense what they're doing considering that.

yeolde9erfan
10-14-2008, 12:10 AM
i say we bring holmie in and clean house like tuna did....
I wouldn't mind Holmgren as the GM but just looking at him on the sidelines and the Sea Chickens performance of late is telling me he is burn't out, I'm thumbs down for Holmgren as the HC.

HOLLyWOOdHiTMan
10-14-2008, 12:22 AM
all we need, and its not easy, is to find a way pass rush better, protect our quarterback, and find a #1 wr. and the qb thing is the most difficult thing....either we trade up and get one or we have a ****** season.

rapjuicer06
10-14-2008, 12:55 AM
i'm not saying holmgren for HC i'm saying for gm