PDA

View Full Version : Stern: NBA Will Be In London Before 2012

phlp_bj
10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
NBA Commissioner David Stern believes that the league will have a presence in London before the 2012 Olympic games.

It's nowhere near a done deal, but Stern believes that a regular-season game will be played in London by the time the Olympics are held there in four years.

"Although we have no plans on the drawing board, it has been suggested to us that we should schedule in the next three years or so some regular-season games here -- more than just one -- on some regular basis," Stern said Sunday. "It's fair to say that we'll see a minimum of one and possibly more regular-season games by 2012."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3639848

ugafan
10-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Such a stupid idea, players don't want to fly that ****ing far.

JWalk126
10-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I posted an article about this like a year ago

JWalk126
10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Such a stupid idea, players don't want to fly that ****ing far.

the NFL, MLB and NHL did it

not all in London though

Nighthawk
10-12-2008, 09:28 PM
I say why not........It is REALLY Fu*%ING far but they get paid MILLIONS to play BASKETBALL!!!!....I think theyll be okay going to London and helping the NBA make even more money...

UofA
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
^^^
Yeah im sure they can handle a game or two out of the country for how much they are getting paid

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
^ill never understand why people cryes about flights in the nba.

Stop being sissies

YOu know Soccers Champions league? there are a lot of times that Porto or Madrid teams have to play against Moscow teams thats the same flying time than a New York London flight is.

Add that they have to do it every week.

Oh, euroleague teams in basket do so too one day you are in barcelona, the next in Israel, then back to spain then you go berlin then back to spain then down to Turkey etc etc etc.

Oh and teams here dont have their OWN planes they have to do it in Regular Flights!!!

Stop the Crying.

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I wanna see Ron Artest over there in London kickin' *** in an international "basket-brawl"

TMAC94
10-12-2008, 11:15 PM
are they talking about bringing england teams in, or just playing a couple of games a month there?