PDA

View Full Version : Will Artest ever get kicked out of the NBA?

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 12:17 PM
i was in Manchester, NH for the preseason game and Artest really looks like he doesnt give a damn if a fight breaks out.

he was continuously trying to get Pierce and Bill walker to start a problem. Artest managed to turn a preseason game in new hampshire into a showdown between Pierce and Artest. which was really entertaining lol

so how long til hes gone?

i give it 2 months before he does something stupid and is kicked out.

idk who will last longer pac man or artest?

marlinsfan24
10-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Artest hasn't done anything stupid in 2 years, Pacmans always in trouble.

MiamiHeat
10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
He won't get kicked out

Diewitdaknicks
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
As long as there is skill he won't get kicked out. There are at least 10 teams lining up to give him a try.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-12-2008, 12:36 PM
For some reason he really hates the Celtics. I remember him on a L.A. sports radio show this summer saying how much he wanted to be on a team to meet the Celtics in the finals to shut up KG. He kept saying how KG is a punk who only screams when his team is winning. But when its close or they are losing he is like a "little puppy dog"

JIDsanity
10-12-2008, 12:51 PM
For some reason he really hates the Celtics. I remember him on a L.A. sports radio show this summer saying how much he wanted to be on a team to meet the Celtics in the finals to shut up KG. He kept saying how KG is a punk who only screams when his team is winning. But when its close or they are losing he is like a "little puppy dog"

He hates Perice, and KG. I know why he hates Perice, but it's not appropriate to say. I have no clue why he hates KG.

jimbobjarree
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
the question should be...how long till the Rockets have an on court fight...a few thugs in that team

blazerman
10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Artest is on a contender now and has an opportunity to be a part of something special. Right now he has a golden opportunity to change a lot of his skeptic's opinion of him.

Surprisingly, a fair number of players that have character issues have gotten 2nd chances and have won nba titles. Dennis Rodman(multiple teams and rings),Rasheed Wallace(Detroit)are a few that come to mind and now Artest has his chance to follow.

If he comes in and show's that his team comes first, then a player or two might become expendable(Battier hopefully),he will be able to negotiate a better payday at yr's end and will be viewed as the difference maker in Houston's push to make the 2nd rd. Before you guy's start talking about the finals get Tmac out of the 1st rd.

goku
10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
he wont be kicked out artest and pierce match-ups are always physical bill walker was the one starting stuff pushing yao and t-mac

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Artest is just a thug wanna be rapper that somehow discovered he was good at basketball. If this guy didn't have a basketball in his hands he'd be shooting up a corner block somewhere

BkOriginalOne
10-12-2008, 02:03 PM
3-4 years.
I think he is going to be one of the first big names to head overseas.
Maybe people will understand hiim better over in Europe.

goku
10-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Artest is just a thug wanna be rapper that somehow discovered he was good at basketball. If this guy didn't have a basketball in his hands he'd be shooting up a corner block somewhere

u could say the same about pierce

MiamiHeat
10-12-2008, 02:26 PM

wasn't Paul Pierce the one that threw up a wanna be gangsta sign ?

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I saw the game and watched how physical Artest was on the court. I think that is just the style in which he plays. He's gearing himself up for the regular season.

MoBASS
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
He hates Perice, and KG. I know why he hates Perice, but it's not appropriate to say. I have no clue why he hates KG.

Why does he hate Pierce? We promise we won't tell anyone.

Wilson
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I saw the game and watched how physical Artest was on the court. I think that is just the style in which he plays. He's gearing himself up for the regular season.

Yeah, Artest is just a physical, intense guy. Nothing wrong with that, a lot of teams could use a guy like that.

pete_one
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Artest isnt going to get kicked out of the league but he will lay the beatdown on some nba punk *****es fa sho

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
he is just a physical player

_Sn1P3r_
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
He won't get kicked out..

Ballah0liC1
10-12-2008, 04:27 PM
the question should be...how long till the Rockets have an on court fight...a few thugs in that team

are you kidding me before artest came everyone said we need players with more attitude so how does one player cause the whole team to be thugs

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Artest should of went to the nuggets, after the game they could go rob some banks

Kohaku
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Artest should of went to the nuggets, after the game they could go rob some banks

Go Thuggets ^_^.

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 05:41 PM
About 30 games before he beats Yao's *** IMO...

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 05:44 PM
wasn't Paul Pierce the one that threw up a wanna be gangsta sign ?

Yea and Kobe and Shaq had a fierce rap battle... LOL

ugafan
10-12-2008, 05:45 PM
This is such a stupid ****ing thread.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 06:02 PM
rockets fans are now artests biggest defenders. if he wasnt the rockets, u would say hes not a very good character. hes gonna start another brawl in the NBA for sure

goku
10-12-2008, 06:22 PM
rockets fans are now artests biggest defenders. if he wasnt the rockets, u would say hes not a very good character. hes gonna start another brawl in the NBA for sure

he is just a physical player thats it he's why would he act up with his kids getting older and understanding what he's doing more plus he's not goin to blow his chance to win a championship again with this team or any other like in the past

Quasimoto
10-12-2008, 06:26 PM
This is such a stupid ****ing thread.

lol word....

rhino17
10-12-2008, 06:35 PM
dumbest thread i;ve seen in a while

ROCKETMAN34
10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
This sure did not take long. One game and here we go about Artest. The players in the NBA today could not of played 15 years ago. Now some of todays players could throw down for sure but for the most part It would blow there mind to how physical the game used to be. I mean damn this is the NBA. There are going to be alot of teams that are going to try and push it. Just like we saw last night. Hey Celtic fans you know your team is more on the soft side and if you do mix it up with them you can take a series from them. Just ask the Hawks fans last year. They took you guys to 7 games. But Artest will be fine. He knows this is the best core of players he has or will ever be around him in his carrer. I am just counting the days down till the start of the season. Go Rockets!!

Iodine
10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
This is as close to the "can lebron play C" thread as I have seen in a while

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 06:46 PM
he is just a physical player thats it he's why would he act up with his kids getting older and understanding what he's doing more plus he's not goin to blow his chance to win a championship again with this team or any other like in the past

see thats where i disagree with u. u beleive he is smart enough to realize this is his best shot and he should act right this time. pull a Randy Moss type of thing. but theres a reason why it doesnt happen often.

bottom line: i dont think he cares about winning a championship enough to behave if a situation gets chippy in a game. which happens with every team at some point during the season. Pierce almost lost it vs. atl, but luckily our 3 milion dollar cheerleader saved us. I think Artest will lose it against a team like the Nuggets.

Wilson
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
This sure did not take long. One game and here we go about Artest. The players in the NBA today could not of played 15 years ago. Now some of todays players could throw down for sure but for the most part It would blow there mind to how physical the game used to be. I mean damn this is the NBA. There are going to be alot of teams that are going to try and push it. Just like we saw last night. Hey Celtic fans you know your team is more on the soft side and if you do mix it up with them you can take a series from them. Just ask the Hawks fans last year. They took you guys to 7 games. But Artest will be fine. He knows this is the best core of players he has or will ever be around him in his carrer. I am just counting the days down till the start of the season. Go Rockets!!

Good post. One of the reasons the Lakers fell to the Celtics was because they were just much more willing to play physical than we were, they were the tougher team. I sure wish the Lakers had a guy who could mix it up with someone and get under peoples skin.

goku
10-12-2008, 06:55 PM
see thats where i disagree with u. u beleive he is smart enough to realize this is his best shot and he should act right this time. pull a Randy Moss type of thing. but theres a reason why it doesnt happen often.

bottom line: i dont think he cares about winning a championship enough to behave if a situation gets chippy in a game. which happens with every team at some point during the season. Pierce almost lost it vs. atl, but luckily our 3 milion dollar cheerleader saved us. I think Artest will lose it against a team like the Nuggets.

didnt u see wen him and pierce fell on each other he went to shake his hand
and when that idiot of a rookie bill walker who you should be worried fighting against people pushed yao for no reason artest pushed yao back artest has matured

what you should be worried bout is bill walker fighting against the nuggets
he picked a fight with garnett at practice

BTownTeamsRKing
10-12-2008, 06:56 PM
didnt u see wen him and pierce fell on each other he went to shake his hand
and when that idiot of a rookie bill walker who you should be worried fighting against people pushed yao for no reason artest pushed yao back artest has matured

what you should be worried bout is bill walker fighting against the nuggets
he picked a fight with garnett at practice

believe me, i can see walker getting into a brawl very easily. he needs to tone his intensity down before he does something really stupid. hes a good player, but he better watch it

Catfish1314
10-12-2008, 07:03 PM
He's never liked the Celtics and Boston coming into Sacramento last season and KG showing his *** while they walked all over us didn't help that any. He and Pierce have always had this not so friendly rivalry thing going on but I don't know if there's a story behind that or not.

The question to this thread is stupid and the answer is obvious. Artest is still crazy but he's not stupid. There's a big difference. After the brawl in Detroit 4 years ago I'd be willing to bet he'll never do anything serious enough to warrant even a serious suspension, much less a ban, ever again.

goku
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
believe me, i can see walker getting into a brawl very easily. he needs to tone his intensity down before he does something really stupid. hes a good player, but he better watch it

ron and pierce just have a rivalery for some reason dont know why

Famous03
10-12-2008, 07:07 PM
WTH is the point of this thread? Artest hasn't done anything bad lately right?

Wilson
10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
WTH is the point of this thread? Artest hasn't done anything bad lately right?

He gave the Celtics a boo-boo.

:pity:

Iodine
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I think BTownTeamsRking and THESHOWZOVER are bff

TMAC94
10-12-2008, 11:05 PM
bill walker started what happnd in tat game, then eddie house sed something too tmac, then walker pushed yao wihch artest was standing up for him

GSW fan
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD796H08J7w

#1Mavericksfan
10-12-2008, 11:41 PM
The title of this thread is hilarious...anyway the only way I could see Ron Artest getting kicked out the NBA is if he jumps into a crowd again and hit somebody.

yaowowrocket11
10-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Never?

TMAC94
10-13-2008, 12:19 AM
^^ amen indeed

Bruno
10-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Hes not getting kicked out.

amare#1
10-13-2008, 06:55 AM
He wont get kicked out man. Your dreaming.

DenButsu
10-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Thread title changed to make it less presumptive and more open ended.

heyman321
10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
No, he won't. This is a dumb question. When has anyone been expelled for fighting? You only get kicked out for drugs. Plus Artest isn't that dumb to start a fight again with a bullseye on his back. You should be worried about Bill Walker buddy, he's the punk. Starting a fight with his OWN team captain KG, let alone Yao, two guys who could beat him to a pulp.

JordansBulls
10-13-2008, 10:37 AM

So the Rockets and Celtics in the finals would be the best thing to happen. It can bring the league back to the dirty play of style between the Knicks-Bulls and Knicks and Heat in the 90's.

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 11:25 AM

LMAO...i need a link to that interview....this is the truth though and it is part of the reason why I don't care too much for KG...........

knicks1214
10-13-2008, 11:29 AM
He's never going to be kicked out...simple as that.

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM

I loved Ron Ron before he was a rocket....I like the cat's tough hard nosed attitude...and he comes to play every night..........

fredv
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
It's funny because when I saw the game highlights it actually seemed like Artest was the wise one trying to calm down everyone.

When Walker and that other Rookie-whatever-his-name-is started to play with Tmac & Yao he actually tried to calm things down. He even took a "punch" from Pierce and didn't slay/do anything.

Btw that Rookie has no respect for Veterans, picking a fight with KG, then insulting Tmac, then getting at..YAO! Come on, everybody knows Yao and Tmac are like the nicest guys on court...

fredv
10-13-2008, 11:38 AM
About 30 games before he beats Yao's *** IMO...

I don't think so... Yao is like the nicest baller in the nba, his culture is no where close to a fighting culture. And Artest said many times that he was "Yao's Soldier" and that he would have his back any time.

Verbal Christ
10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
This is the most idiotic thread I've read. Walker is the one who would get kicked out of the league first. Gotta love NE fans they are so righteous. LOL

DenButsu
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM
Too much sniping in this thread. Everyone needs to keep their cool when posting, please.