PDA

View Full Version : What are you expecting from the Cleveland Cavaliers this year?

JordansBulls
10-12-2008, 10:18 AM
With the Cavs picking up a 17 and 6 PG, what are you expecting from the Cleveland Cavaliers this year? What will their record be and how far will they go?

Their lineup more than likely
PG Maurice Williams
SG Wally Szczerbiak
SF Lebron James
PF Ben Wallace
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas

heyman321
10-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure Gibson would start over Sczerbiak.

BkOriginalOne
10-12-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure gibson is better of the bench.

Mo williams is a nice pickup, but i think they could have gotten something better. I mean, not bad danny ferry for trying to get redd and coming away with mo williams, thats good business. But I don't think that the cavs' problems are solved by picking up mo williams. They could have used a more pass first, offense running, coaches' son type player to play pg for Mike Brown. (hinrich would have been nicer and cheaper if i'm not mistaken)

I'm not quite conviced that they have really improved considering that the east is finally taking shape again. Who do you think will have a bigger impact, Mo will in CLE, or JO with the raps, Beasely to the heat, Brand to the sixers

I'm thinking he'll get about 16, 7, 3. maybe a steal. I do think however that he'll be getting about a shade under 3to per game, and that won't make brown happy no matter how much he makes Lebron feel like he's getting help... Honestly, the way the Cavs managenment is, I can't see Mo will staying there past two years (around the time Lebron is going to be a free agent, not have a ring, and going to be demanding changes).

Cavs, 49-23 4th-5th, (sixers will be fighting for the 4th as well)

_Sn1P3r_
10-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Uhm, I think if Mo plays the way they want him to play (LeBron's 2nd option), they could go far.

jimbobjarree
10-12-2008, 11:21 AM
top 3 east with a chance at the conference finals

mrblisterdundee
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
I expect the Caveliers to reach the semi-finals at least, but lose in the end.

The Blue Baller
10-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure gibson is better of the bench.

Mo williams is a nice pickup, but i think they could have gotten something better. I mean, not bad danny ferry for trying to get redd and coming away with mo williams, thats good business. But I don't think that the cavs' problems are solved by picking up mo williams. They could have used a more pass first, offense running, coaches' son type player to play pg for Mike Brown. (hinrich would have been nicer and cheaper if i'm not mistaken)

I'm not quite conviced that they have really improved considering that the east is finally taking shape again. Who do you think will have a bigger impact, Mo will in CLE, or JO with the raps, Beasely to the heat, Brand to the sixers

I'm thinking he'll get about 16, 7, 3. maybe a steal. I do think however that he'll be getting about a shade under 3to per game, and that won't make brown happy no matter how much he makes Lebron feel like he's getting help... Honestly, the way the Cavs managenment is, I can't see Mo will staying there past two years (around the time Lebron is going to be a free agent, not have a ring, and going to be demanding changes).

Cavs, 49-23 4th-5th, (sixers will be fighting for the 4th as well)

I agree completely
They're a better team now, but they could have made a better choice IMO

MiamiHeat
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
They will not win it all.
But i see them as a TOP 4 team in the East

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm expecting an embarrassing loss in the playoffs against the Celtics

BkOriginalOne
10-12-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm expecting an embarrassing loss in the playoffs against the Celtics

Ha! You almost wrote "Embarassing Loss to the Patriots"

That would be kind of funny though.
Lebron is all "Ohh, now i'm ready to win it all with Mo will at my side."
Then, Rondo shuts Mo will down, Ray Allen hits some 3s, pierce exploits you're weak peremiter D, Bill Walker dunks on Wally, and KG makes a fool out of Ben Wallace.

Yeah, that's probably how it wil all go down :rolleyes:

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 02:03 PM
3rd best team in the East behind the Celtics and Pistons.

Famous03
10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Top 6 team in the East. I still think that boston, Raps, Pistons, Magic, 76ers are better.

IversonIsKrazy
10-12-2008, 02:07 PM
2nd in east, reach ECF. barely beat celtics, and then go 2 the finals again and lose. KOBE VS LEBRON

cmstophe
10-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I think they will get a top 3 seed in the East....

...if they stay healthy

dre1990
10-12-2008, 02:17 PM
better record then last year end up in the same place (losing in the semis)

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
With the Cavs picking up a 17 and 6 PG, what are you expecting from the Cleveland Cavaliers this year? What will their record be and how far will they go?

Their lineup more than likely
PG Maurice Williams
SG Wally Szczerbiak
SF Lebron James
PF Ben Wallace
C Zydrunas Ilgauskas

I see them winning about 52 games this year. They need to add a shooting guard. Mike Redd would fit in great on the Cavs. I believe with the addition of M. Williams, the Cavs have positioned themselves to come out of the East. I believe they will beat the Celtics this year. They matchup well with the Celtics.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
ecf

23LBJCleBrowns
10-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Cavs Starting SG is Delonte West or Sasha Pavlovic. Boobie always comes off the bench.

I see them going 53-29.
Making it to the finals against the Jazz or Hornets and maybe win it in 6 or 7.

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Cavs Starting SG is Delonte West or Sasha Pavlovic. Boobie always comes off the bench.

I see them going 53-29.
Making it to the finals against the Jazz or Hornets and maybe win it in 6 or 7.

LOL!!!!!!!

:laugh:

You are the biggest homer EVER!!!! They have 0 chance of making the Finals. And the Jazz??? I don't like the Lakers but c'mon they have WAAAY better chance of making it.

Eastern Conference

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Toronto
5. Philly
6. Cav's/Heat
7. Cav's/Heat
8. Bulls/Bucks/Atlanta/etc.

philab
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM
He's a homer, but the Cavaliers have much better than "0 chance" of making the Finals.

Also, putting us on par with the Heat is pretty damn dumb.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
LOL!!!!!!!

:laugh:

You are the biggest homer EVER!!!! They have 0 chance of making the Finals. And the Jazz??? I don't like the Lakers but c'mon they have WAAAY better chance of making it.

Eastern Conference

1. Boston
2. Detroit
3. Orlando
4. Toronto
5. Philly
6. Cav's/Heat
7. Cav's/Heat
8. Bulls/Bucks/Atlanta/etc.

0 Percant chance? Apparently your a homer. The Cavs were able to put up a battle against the Celtics in the playoffs. Daniel Gibson was hurt then. He's back, we have Mo Williams now. Detroit is second best in the East? Toronto 4th and Philly 5th? Your a huge HOMER. Don't talk unless you know what your talking about. And the Milwaukee Bucks, And the Heat.
The Heat are pretty overrated, they were terrible last year and now they have Michael Beasley and everyone thinks they can win it all. They need a center. The Bucks are overrated, Richard Jefferson might help, but they traded their starting PG. Detroit is on the Decline, I don't know why people think they are good. Toronto has never been better than the Cavs since we have had LeBron, and Jermaine O'Neal (Who has been hurt the last 3 years) is going to help them go to the finals, and you expect him to be healthy ALL year. You are the biggest HOMER.

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
0 Percant chance? Apparently your a homer. The Cavs were able to put up a battle against the Celtics in the playoffs. Daniel Gibson was hurt then. He's back, we have Mo Williams now. Detroit is second best in the East? Toronto 4th and Philly 5th? Your a huge HOMER. Don't talk unless you know what your talking about. And the Milwaukee Bucks, And the Heat.
The Heat are pretty overrated, they were terrible last year and now they have Michael Beasley and everyone thinks they can win it all. They need a center. The Bucks are overrated, Richard Jefferson might help, but they traded their starting PG. Detroit is on the Decline, I don't know why people think they are good. Toronto has never been better than the Cavs since we have had LeBron, and Jermaine O'Neal (Who has been hurt the last 3 years) is going to help them go to the finals, and you expect him to be healthy ALL year. You are the biggest HOMER.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I'm the biggest homer when I don't even like those teams??? When my favorite team is the Nuggets no where near the East coast. Im tired of that bull s%$# about the Cav's put up a "good fight" when the Hawks did the exact same thing. The Celtics obviously didn't take any of those teams seriously or they would've played them like they played the Lakers. I never said Toronto was going to have JO all year but LeBron is the only thing the Cav's have over any team who is going to be contenders in the East. Sixers, Toronto, Pistons, all have better PG's and Celtics and Orlando are just flat out BETTER. If Detroit is declining why do they have a better record than Cleveland every year. You said Bucks are overrated and said they didn't have PG but they got Luke Ridnour (better than Moe Williams) so you look pretty stupid. BTW Moe Williams isn't GOD himself he's not a top ten PG. Not even top 15 so grabbing him isn't much of an improvement when everybody else got better except the teams who were already better than the Cav's. You think the Heat are overrated but one bad year doesn't mean much when they actually won a ring and didn't get swept in the Finals before.

Don't talk unless you know what you're talking about and look up the word "homer". Or better yet I'll tell you it's someone who biases their opinion on a team they like. But did I say I liked any of these teams dumbazz???

Like I said 0% chance of even making it to the Finals

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM

The fact that they've been in 6 straight Eastern Conference Finals may have something to do with it? :shrug:

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
The fact that they've been in 6 straight Eastern Conference Finals may have something to do with it? :shrug:

He's stupid he doesn't want to accept the truth. Or maybe Detroit really on the decline since they were in the ECF the last six years. Or maybe b/c they have 4 All-Stars and is 34 but is still better than any of the Cav's big men. :rolleyes: Oh well....

Iodine
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM

Psh plz dat takes nofin LEBRON ****ING JAMEZ IS DA GREATEST EVAH

Dol-Fan
10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
First off, I think the Cavs are on the same level as Toronto, Philly, Orlando. A good team (when you have LeBron, you are good) with a lot of question marks. First, the offense from their bigs is questionable, Wallace and Varejao are brutal on O and Wallace's D is declining as well. Z is getting older, although he is still solid and very good on the offensive glass. Mo Williams is very, very bad on D and that might not be a good fit under Mike Brown. He also likes to dominate the ball, he is not much of a passer but he gets 6 assists because of his ball domination on a bad team. I'm not sure how that fits with LBJ. The 2 guard is a big question mark as well, Wally wasn't as good a shooter as he should be last year and, again, brutal on D. Boobie and West are undersized and Pavlovic wasn't stellar last year.

0 percent chance... definately not the case, any team with LeBron has a good chance of making the finals. He can put the team on his back.

Milwaukee will put up points, nothing more. The Heat, I think, could surprise people. Healthy Wade + Marion + Beasley is a dirty 3/4/5. They will be no higher than 7, though. Detroit won't decline too much unless Michael Curry is incapable of coaching. Billups and Hamilton are still in their prime, Prince is still improving. Amir Johnson and Jason Maxiell are ready to step up for Sheed and Dyess. As for Toronto, yes Jermaine is an injury concern, but many forget that he put up these numbers in 2006/07 (the season before last, for people that can't figure it out): 19.5 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 2.5 BPG. He also sat out last year to rehab, and rehabbed all summer.

marques724
10-12-2008, 11:06 PM
I think Cleveland has a shot to make it to the eastern conference finals and maybe the NBA finals depending on if they make a move at the deadline.

Tha Truth
10-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Well they have LeBron.

So that will probably be enough to get them to the Eastern Conference Finals, at least.

cmstophe
10-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Mo Williams is very, very bad on D and that might not be a good fit under Mike Brown

No he's not. Go dig into his past. He got bad on D when he went to Milwaukee where the coaching philosophy SHUNS defense. His assist count will probably go up simply by virtue of playing with Lebron James. I'm not sure about his PPG. If you look at the Cavs in preseason they are running a fast tempo style game, not like the Suns but something in between. Mo is part of that. The dude is really fast, brings a totally new dimension to that offense. I'm intrigued, to say the least.

I think if there is a big move to be made at the deadline for a player the Cavs could use, they will be in great position to go for it. Possibly a scoring big? They have the ammunition to make a Pau Gasol-type deal at the deadline.

I'm sure the Cavaliers love being underrated/the underdog role by almost everybody in the nation too.

#1Mavericksfan
10-12-2008, 11:37 PM
I see them making another trade at the trade deadline and I think Wally Szczerbiak might be the one on his way out with his huge expiring contract, other than that I think the Cavs just might surprise a lot of people and go deep in the playoffs.

JordansBulls
10-12-2008, 11:59 PM
I see them making another trade at the trade deadline and I think Wally Szczerbiak might be the one on his way out with his huge expiring contract, other than that I think the Cavs just might surprise a lot of people and go deep in the playoffs.

If the Cavs can somehow pull of that deal of Wally and pick for Vince Carter that duo of LBJ and VC would give Boston a run.