PDA

View Full Version : What team can beat Boston in a series?

TheAdmiral
10-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't think anyone other than San Antonio could do it.

cmellofan15
10-12-2008, 12:42 AM
San Antonio.....maybe the Pistons...IMO

JordansBulls
10-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Houston. They have the inside-outside game as well as the defense to go at it with Boston.

SportsManiacSJ
10-12-2008, 12:49 AM
i dont think san antonio can do it....didnt they get swept in the regular season by the celtics?

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Lakers, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Hornets, and Jazz all of the potential to do it.

lakers4sho
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Doesn't necessarily mean that just because some team didn't do it they can't do it.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 12:57 AM
Freedom of Speech ?

bostncelts34
10-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Lakers, Spurs, Rockets, Pistons, Cavs, Hornets, and Jazz all of the potential to do it.

agree with them all except Jazz. I dont think the jazz have the offense to take down boston.

Lakers,houston and Detroit have the best chance IMO

goku
10-12-2008, 01:07 AM
agree with them all except Jazz. I dont think the jazz have the offense to take down boston.

the jazz have the offense its just they are weak at defending wing players like allen and pierce

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Freedom of Speech ?

Not on this forum. :no:

DwAyNe_WaDe
10-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Im thinking the Heat, I really think thier going to be a good team.

Halladay
10-12-2008, 01:13 AM

Congrats, you are now officially the biggest homer on PSD.

Halladay
10-12-2008, 01:17 AM
I think the Pistons have a shot...The Pistons can beat anyone with their defense. But I also believe losing Posey is going to be huge. You can't replace a player like him but IMO Nobody besides Detroit can beat Boston in the East. In the West I think the Spurs could do it, you can't argue with what they've done over the years. Other then those two I think L.A would have a shot. Dallas would have an outside chance. At the end of the day Boston is still the best team in the league.

Yogi
10-12-2008, 01:18 AM
The Wizards, we beat them 3 out of 4 times...

oshea225
10-12-2008, 01:30 AM
cleveland. cavs took em to 7 last year in eastern finals. lebron aint going to let his team come up short again if it comes to that

mfudge
10-12-2008, 01:43 AM
cleveland. cavs took em to 7 last year in eastern finals. lebron aint going to let his team come up short again if it comes to that

The Hawks. They took them to 7games and they're going to be a year more seasoned. Bibby should also be healthy for once. :rolleyes:

to the OP. surprise surprise. "TheAdmiral" votes for his hometown Spurs as the only team that could possibly do it. Ain't that the definition of HOMER!?

kobynum2417
10-12-2008, 02:11 AM
lakers!!!!!! haha

Lebron23
10-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Los Angeles Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers

MOHA
10-12-2008, 02:54 AM

I agree with you Cavs.

kobynum2417
10-12-2008, 02:59 AM
who do u think. lakers

TMAC94
10-12-2008, 05:29 AM
houston i rkn have a shot

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 05:51 AM
The teams that can beat the Celtics are listed as follows: Cleveland, Los Angeles, San Antonio, and maybe Houston.

Wilson
10-12-2008, 06:53 AM
You have to say that Atlanta have a shot after what happened last year. Philly could also do it, now that they have Brand in the middle.

NBA-GMaster
10-12-2008, 08:08 AM
HOUSTON ROCKETS BABY!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

MiamiHeat
10-12-2008, 09:05 AM

^ I'm with this guy :):p

futureman
10-12-2008, 09:33 AM

As much as I like the celtics I think the jazz are the only team capable of taking them to a game 7. They are the only team that beat boston at home last year convincingly that came from the western conference. Lakers couldn't do it Spurs definatley can't do it. Mavs can't do it Rockets and the hornets to a even lesser level than the other 4 teams have no chance in hell of doing it.

jimbobjarree
10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
yeahhhh futureman, I'm with ya.

We beat them by ALOT in Boston, and only lost in the last few seconds in Utah (when we were going through that stage where we lost every game, right before we got Korver)

Still you'd favor the Celtics, but the Jazz definatly match up well against them.

GCOOKIE7
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
The Poseyless will bow down to Cleveland this year in a best of 7 series.
I even think the raps will beat them with the addition of JO. We had 3 losses to them out of 4 (including 1 preseason game). 2 of those games were last second losses and 1 of them was a last second win. The raps are a tough match up for the Celtics.

marlinsfan24
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Cavs, Lakers, Spurs, Wiz, Pistons, a large number of teams. I'm gnna say the heat as well, cuz you never know what can happen with wade in a 7 game series (case and point, 06 finals)

acohn1230
10-12-2008, 11:01 AM
the celtics are THAT great where there on an entire other tier...

BkOriginalOne
10-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Wzards when healthy.
Maybe lakers with Bynum... after Odom is gone.
Hornets maybe with posey (if not, then with a decent slasher at the 2)

San antonio is too old and don't have as much athelticism to match up and KG does it to duncan everytime.

The sixers maybe (they're just one offensive player away, preferably someone who can shoot the 3)

BoSox47
10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Pistons are to old they dont have a chance anymore look at what happened in the playoffs last year i think the only team out of the east that can give boston trouble is the Cavs. The addition of mo williams was key.

Phitin' Phan
10-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Sixers, Cavs, and the top seven teams out of the west. Yes I know I sound like a homer picking the Sixers but we played them well in every game last year, and well adding Elton Brand to the mix changes it up a bit. Plus it is a rivalry so except the level of play from both teams to be even higher.

bogdanrom
10-12-2008, 12:37 PM
In the West there is the Lakers, Rockets, Spurs and maybe the Hornets. In the East maybe the Pistons.

$ NyC $
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
You never kno. 4 example toronto and the wizards beat them. Charlotte almost had them..what about the Magic? You never know really but ina series i would think the power houses like Houston, Lakers, Hornets, Spurs

Knicks

lolll

$ NyC $
10-12-2008, 12:50 PM
4 got the Pistons 2. Shiz how about the Cavs and Hawks..more so the Cavs than the Hawks tho that was a very entertaining series

23LBJCleBrowns
10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
The Cavs, we stayed in the Series when we had just LeBron, now we have Mo Williams. We would win that series. Are you a Celtics Fan by any chance?

LAKESHOW..
10-12-2008, 01:13 PM
the LAKERS can easily do it this year

Faneik
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
IMO, the team that was the toughest matchup for the C's was the Cavs.

The toughest matchups that we didn't face in our championship run would be:

EAST: Sixers, Wizards. Boston tends to struggle against athletic line-ups, look at the Hawks.

WEST: Jazz: D-Will is a terrible matchup for Rondo.

This year the toughest teams to beat will be:

EAST
1. Cavs
2. Sixers
3. Wizards
4. Raptors
5. Pistons

WEST
1. Lakers
2. Jazz
3. Rockets
4. Hornets
5. Spurs/Suns

goku
10-12-2008, 01:25 PM
As much as I like the celtics I think the jazz are the only team capable of taking them to a game 7. They are the only team that beat boston at home last year convincingly that came from the western conference. Lakers couldn't do it Spurs definatley can't do it. Mavs can't do it Rockets and the hornets to a even lesser level than the other 4 teams have no chance in hell of doing it.

the jazz dont have any body that could stop or slow down pierce and allen

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 01:30 PM

The Cavs lol. Lebron didn't let his team come up short. The Celtics made the team come up short

I really don't think anyone can beat us in a series unless one of the Big 3 goes down or something, call it being a homer, i'll call it being smart. We're the best team ever assembled

mfudge
10-12-2008, 01:33 PM
so, this has pretty much come down to the ultimate homer thread. you got Cs fans saying "no one can beat us". Jazz fans saying only the Jazz can do it. Cavs fans saying only the Cavs can do it. Spurs fans saving only the Spurs can do it. Basically, all you homers are proclaiming your team is the BEST in the NBA and there's no other alternatives. There's many possibilities so stop saying "ONLY my team can". LMAO

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 01:36 PM
so, this has pretty much come down to the ultimate homer thread. you got Cs fans saying "no one can beat us". Jazz fans saying only the Jazz can do it. Cavs fans saying only the Cavs can do it. Spurs fans saving only the Spurs can do it. Basically, all you homers are proclaiming your team is the BEST in the NBA and there's no other alternatives. There's many possibilities so stop saying "ONLY my team can". LMAO

Until someone does it, it's just all talk and no walk. Pushing us to a 7 game series is not nearly almost beating us. We roasted the Hawks, Cavs, and Lakers in the clinching game. I wasn't worried one bit, we are basically unstoppable

mfudge
10-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Until someone does it, it's just all talk and no walk. Pushing us to a 7 game series is not nearly almost beating us. We roasted the Hawks, Cavs, and Lakers in the clinching game. I wasn't worried one bit, we are basically unstoppable

you do realize that the league changed over the summer, right?

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 01:43 PM
you do realize that the league changed over the summer, right?

Sure i do. The one constant though, no matter what happens with the rest of the league, is that the Boston Celtics are the best team in the NBA. Every championship in sports goes through us, i'm waiting for someone to knock us off. It's just not happening

Sox Appeal
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
The Cavs lol. Lebron didn't let his team come up short. The Celtics made the team come up short

I really don't think anyone can beat us in a series unless one of the Big 3 goes down or something, call it being a homer, i'll call it being smart. We're the best team ever assembled

:laugh2:

mfudge
10-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Sure i do. The one constant though, no matter what happens with the rest of the league, is that the Boston Celtics are the best team in the NBA. Every championship in sports goes through us, i'm waiting for someone to knock us off. It's just not happening

did u feel the same way about the Pats last year?

Hustla23
10-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd say the Spurs, Lakers, and Hornets.

Nobody else has a shot.

Hustla23
10-12-2008, 02:42 PM

Haha I bet he was crying for days :)

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 02:51 PM

If the Hawks took them to a game 7 and the Cavs did as well, I am quite sure some other teams can take them to a game 7. All that said, the Celtics should be better because they are more experienced and are champions. I don't see them repeating though, I have the Cavs beating them in the playoffs.

philab
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM

Yeah, winning by five points at home is really roasting :rolleyes:. Without all the desperation fouls at the end it would have been a two-point game. Best team ever assembled my ***.

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM

The best team ever assembled. lol. The Celtics are a good team and won the title, but let's not get ahead of ourself. The Celtics would "NOT" beat the 01 Lakers, the 03 Spurs, the old Bulls teams, any of the championship laker teams. The 80's Celtics would beat the current Celtics team. They are not beating Isaiah and his old Detroit team.

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Football is a fluke, 1 game to decide it all is not really a measuring stick to go up against. Baseball and Basketball however are decided by series, and last i checked the Red Sox and Celtics won the last 2 championships for their respective sports and it's why the Red Sox will win it again this year. There are no flukes in a series

mfudge
10-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Football is a fluke, 1 game to decide it all is not really a measuring stick to go up against. Baseball and Basketball however are decided by series, and last i checked the Red Sox and Celtics won the last 2 championships for their respective sports and it's why the Red Sox will win it again this year. There are no flukes in a series

I wonder how many of the Pats Super Bowl WINS were flukes? :rolleyes:

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 03:06 PM
I wonder how many of the Pats Super Bowl WINS were flukes? :rolleyes:

Zero, because the Patriots were the better team in every Super Bowl, even the one against the Rams, St. Louis was so overrated it wasn't even funny. Greatest show on turf, yea right. That show ended at the snap of a finger, they should of lost to the Titans in their first Super Bowl win anyways, that last play was a touchdown, he reached the goal line

mfudge
10-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Zero, because the Patriots were the better team in every Super Bowl, even the one against the Rams, St. Louis was so overrated it wasn't even funny. Greatest show on turf, yea right. That show ended at the snap of a finger, they should of lost to the Titans in their first Super Bowl win anyways, that last play was a touchdown, he reached the goal line

lol. Showing your ultimate homerism at its finest. Funny how NONE of the wins were flukes but ALL of the losses were. :rolleyes: Perhaps the Pats last year were "so overrated it wasn't even funny. The Perfect Team, yea right". lmao. Like I said. This has become the ULTIMATE homer thread. :rolleyes:

TheShowzOver
10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
lol. Showing your ultimate homerism at its finest. Funny how NONE of the wins were flukes but ALL of the losses were. :rolleyes: Perhaps the Pats last year were "so overrated it wasn't even funny. The Perfect Team, yea right". lmao. Like I said. This has become the ULTIMATE homer thread. :rolleyes:

The only Patriot win that i'll admit was a fluke was the tuck rule game against the Raiders, we really had no business winning that game. A rule is a rule though, even if it's a dumb one. Regardless if we lose that game though, we still go onto win 2 other Super Bowls, which we did. We still go onto break just about every record there is last year, which we did. All homerism aside, you know, i know. Every football historian knows, that the New England Patriots are the greatest football dynasty ever. It's etched in stone

Wilson
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM

Regular season games don't mean all that much in the play-offs. Look at the Spurs vs. the Cavs in '07 for example. Even the '08 finals, the Celtics destroyed us in the regular season, then the 1st 5 games of the finals were fairly close (I don't remember game 6, I wiped it from my memory...).

the LAKERS can easily do it this year

We can beat them, but it will not be easy.

Wzards when healthy.
Maybe lakers with Bynum... after Odom is gone.
Hornets maybe with posey (if not, then with a decent slasher at the 2)

San antonio is too old and don't have as much athelticism to match up and KG does it to duncan everytime.

The sixers maybe (they're just one offensive player away, preferably someone who can shoot the 3)

The Celtics didn't win with athletisism, they won by committing themselves to defense and sharing the ball, pretty much exactly what the Spurs have been doing all these years. The Spurs could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Lakersfan2483
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Regular season games don't mean all that much in the play-offs. Look at the Spurs vs. the Cavs in '07 for example. Even the '08 finals, the Celtics destroyed us in the regular season, then the 1st 5 games of the finals were fairly close (I don't remember game 6, I wiped it from my memory...).

We can beat them, but it will not be easy.

The Celtics didn't win with athletisism, they won by committing themselves to defense and sharing the ball, pretty much exactly what the Spurs have been doing all these years. The Spurs could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series.

All good points. The playoffs and the regular season are completely different.

mfudge
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
The only Patriot win that i'll admit was a fluke was the tuck rule game against the Raiders, we really had no business winning that game. A rule is a rule though, even if it's a dumb one. Regardless if we lose that game though, we still go onto win 2 other Super Bowls, which we did. We still go onto break just about every record there is last year, which we did. All homerism aside, you know, i know. Every football historian knows, that the New England Patriots are the greatest football dynasty ever. It's etched in stone

They're a great team, no doubt. But the Giants proved that someone could beat them, no matter how "perfect" their season had been leading up to that point. Was it a fluke? Perhaps. But it still happened. Who's to say it can't happen in the NBA? Teams are going to be better this year. The Celtics pretty much stayed the same. (Why fix it when it ain't broke, right?) But the Lakers will most likely be better this season and they came out of the tough west last year. The Rockets added Artest. The Suns and Mavs will have had a half season and training camp to mesh better with their new acquisitions respectively. The Cavs added Mo Will and LBJ is a year more mature. The Pistons are relatively the same, but their young guys are coming up. The Sixers added EB. There's a lot of new happenings that could dethrone the Champs. I'm a born and raised Lakers fan. But I felt that the Cs were the best team all of last year. They have three franchise players on their roster which has almost never happened in the history of the league. All that being said, it's a new season. They may not be as "hungry" to win it all as they were last year. Anything can happen. To say they're unbeatable is just ridiculous. Why even play the season then? Let's just hand the C's trophy number 2, right?

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-12-2008, 04:07 PM
the rockets

cmstophe
10-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Why are people even listening to this Boston homer with the Pats avatar? What a loser. They "roasted" the Cavs in the clinching game? Sorry, I among others actually WATCHED that series, and the Cavaliers were a couple of calls/couple of missed shots from beating the Celtics not just in Game 7 but Game 1 as well. (and there was another close game in Boston too, either 2 or 5, one was close the other was a blowout)

GSW_Soul
10-12-2008, 08:25 PM
It really just depends on the teams.

UofA
10-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Atlanta :eyebrow:

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Atlanta, Cavs and Lakers were some good calls away from defeating them.

cmstophe
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Atlanta, Cavs and Lakers were some good calls away from defeating them.

Lakers lost that series pretty soundly.

Atlanta couldn't even keep an away game close, got blown out every game in Boston.

The Cavaliers played three close games in Boston- two lost by only 4 points- including Game 7, and won every home game in Cleveland. I think the Cavs will have a shot at Boston in the playoffs again this year, and I'm not sure if the Celtics will be nearly as motivated this time around...

We'll see. A lot of teams can beat the Celtics. The Cavs, The Magic, The Lakers, maybe the Hornets...anything can happen, kind of a lame thread idea.

godschild
10-12-2008, 11:44 PM
I don't think anyone other than San Antonio could do it.

the question is who can beat the lakers in a series? and dont tell me about tlast year because they didnt even get gasol til midway through the season and they didnt even have bynum, im a bulls fan, but ill tell you right now the lakers will win over 65 games this year

SAVAGE CLAW
10-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Who can beat the Lakers?

Jazz, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Mavs, Pistons, Celtics. ( Hornets , Phily or Magic are still raw to do so).

Thats it.

RocketsRule
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
The Rockets, Lakers, Pistons, and Spurs all have the potential to do so. The Jazz might be in that group as well.

knicks1214
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Team's that can't beat the Lakers--a la Savage:Jazz can't, Spurs can't, Mavs can't, Suns can't, Piston's can't and now that Bynum is back, I don't think the Celtics can beat them either...

#1Mavericksfan
10-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm going with the Hawks...I think if the Hawks had that game 7 in Atlanta they would have beat the Celtics but knowing how David Stern rolls that would have never happened.

yaowowrocket11
10-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Lakers, Rockets, and Pistons

Jwizel_hitshrs
10-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Raptors.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Lakers lost that series pretty soundly.

Atlanta couldn't even keep an away game close, got blown out every game in Boston.

The Cavaliers played three close games in Boston- two lost by only 4 points- including Game 7, and won every home game in Cleveland. I think the Cavs will have a shot at Boston in the playoffs again this year, and I'm not sure if the Celtics will be nearly as motivated this time around...

We'll see. A lot of teams can beat the Celtics. The Cavs, The Magic, The Lakers, maybe the Hornets...anything can happen, kind of a lame thread idea.

The Lakers could've won ALL of the first FIVE games of the series. Game1, PP saved them with his "heroics". Game2, the lakers cut the C's 24pt lead to 2 with 38secs left. Game3, the Lakers won. Game4, was the real debacle but the Lakers could've and should've won that one considering they had such a large lead. Game5, the Lakers did win. Game6 was the only game they "lost soundly". Either way, like the poster you were responding to said, the Lakers were a few calls/clutch plays away from winning that series 4-1 rather than losing 2-4.

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 10:21 AM
The Lakers could've won ALL of the first FIVE games of the series. Game1, PP saved them with his "heroics". Game2, the lakers cut the C's 24pt lead to 2 with 38secs left. Game3, the Lakers won. Game4, was the real debacle but the Lakers could've and should've won that one considering they had such a large lead. Game5, the Lakers did win. Game6 was the only game they "lost soundly". Either way, like the poster you were responding to said, the Lakers were a few calls/clutch plays away from winning that series 4-1 rather than losing 2-4.

Dude, the Lakers blew A FREAKING 20+ POINT LEAD in one of those games....AT HOME? The Lakers were awful in the Finals, the Celtics were the better team plain and simple. Go ahead and say, "Oh the Lakers could've made clutch shot here or a big stop there!" but they didn't....

And the last game of the series in Boston, LA did not even show up. Didn't even show up, at all. 131-92? That is a disgrace to the NBA Finals.

JordansBulls
10-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Celtics won by 5 points in game 7 against the Cavs and the game was a 1 point game with 2 minutes left.

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Celtics won by 5 points in game 7 against the Cavs and the game was a 1 point game with 2 minutes left.

Yea, Game 1 was very close too.... 76-72 was it?

Faneik
10-13-2008, 11:15 AM

LOL

:violin:

futureheisman
10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
rockets have a chance to do it

mfudge
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL

:violin:

LMAO. If you don't realize that, then you're blinded by homer goggles. The series was a lot closer than you want to believe. We pushed you to the limit. And that is without Bynum. He may not be an MVP or an All-star, but he WILL make a difference. You may still win, but it's not going to be the same story with him in the middle.

And I'm not whining about the series, I'm responding to a guy who said the Lakers lost "soundly".. which they did NOT.

fredv
10-13-2008, 11:52 AM
houston

mfudge
Dude, the Lakers blew A FREAKING 20+ POINT LEAD in one of those games....AT HOME? The Lakers were awful in the Finals, the Celtics were the better team plain and simple. Go ahead and say, "Oh the Lakers could've made clutch shot here or a big stop there!" but they didn't....

And the last game of the series in Boston, LA did not even show up. Didn't even show up, at all. 131-92? That is a disgrace to the NBA Finals.

LMAO. This guy. Yea, they didn't. Thank you Captain Obvious. But the TRUTH is, they were in ALL of the first FIVE games of the series. Blowing the 20pt lead was terrible. It broke their backs. They probably could've and should've lost it in game5, but they had too much pride to just lay down there. Game6 happened because the Lakers felt they had defended their pride by winning one more game and took the beating they should've taken in game5 after breaking their backs in game4.

Bottomline. The series was a LOT closer than you'd like to believe it was.

Faneik
LMAO. If you don't realize that, then you're blinded by homer goggles. The series was a lot closer than you want to believe. We pushed you to the limit. And that is without Bynum. He may not be an MVP or an All-star, but he WILL make a difference. You may still win, but it's not going to be the same story with him in the middle.

And I'm not whining about the series, I'm responding to a guy who said the Lakers lost "soundly".. which they did NOT.

LOL

I deal with reality not homerism...

Your favorite song must be "The Losers - If Only..." :violin:

Faneik
10-13-2008, 12:00 PM
LMAO. This guy. Yea, they didn't. Thank you Captain Obvious. But the TRUTH is, they were in ALL of the first FIVE games of the series. Blowing the 20pt lead was terrible. It broke their backs. They probably could've and should've lost it in game5, but they had too much pride to just lay down there. Game6 happened because the Lakers felt they had defended their pride by winning one more game and took the beating they should've taken in game5 after breaking their backs in game4.

Bottomline. The series was a LOT closer than you'd like to believe it was.

Just FYI, the 39 point margin was the 2nd largest victory margin record in NBA Finals.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
Just FYI, the 39 point margin was the 2nd largest victory margin record in NBA Finals.

FYI there was MUCH more to that series than the final game.

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Don't even bother, this mfdudge tool is a homer. Obviously wants to think the "series was very close" when they lost 4-2. That's all that matters. Got raped in the Final game, the do or die game, when it really mattered...also blew a 25 point lead or whatever it was, IN LOS ANGELES, to let the Celtics win another one.

Lakers were SCHOOOOOOLED.

JordansBulls
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM

There is no way you should get blown out like that in a closeout game in the finals when you whole season is on the line. The final game of the series should be the hardest one to win in the finals.

Faneik
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM

Yep. 5 other games. 3 of them in LA. We won 3 of those 5.

Don't even bother, this mfdudge tool is a homer. Obviously wants to think the "series was very close" when they lost 4-2. That's all that matters. Got raped in the Final game, the do or die game, when it really mattered...also blew a 25 point lead or whatever it was, IN LOS ANGELES, to let the Celtics win another one.

I just trying to help the guy. He needs a reality-check.

He's clearly in denial.

He has to realize that there's nothing he can say/do that will change the facts --> we won b/c we were the better team.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Yep. 5 other games. 3 of them in LA. We won 3 of those 5.

I just trying to help the guy. He needs a reality-check.

He's clearly in denial.

He has to realize that there's nothing he can say/do that will change the facts --> we won b/c we were the better team.

I ain't denying nothing. The C's were the better team. They made the plays when they mattered, where the Lakers couldn't get it done. But you all think it was a major landslide. The only game that was a landslide was the 6th one. The other 5 could've gone either way. Did they go either way? NO. I NEVER said they did. But they could HAVE. Seriously, if you can't SEE that they could've went either way... you are blind! That is all I'm saying. It WAS a lot closer than you are making it out to be, save the blowout game6.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM

LMAO. "the do or die game"... does anyone really think the Lakers were going to win three "do or die games" in a row against the C's? Game5 was a "do or die game" and the Lakers survived that one. But when the series shifted back to Boston for two more, the Lakers couldn't sustain that effort. Have you ever heard of the phrase "the game was a lot closer than the final score will indicate"? Yes, it was a 4-2 series win for the C's but just looking at that doesn't tell the whole story. "The series was a lot closer than the final score indicates". That's all I'm saying. Am I saying the Lakers were better? Not at all. But they were in the series more than you give them credit for.

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Almost every game in the NBA "could have gone the other way". What are you trying to prove?

UofA
10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
I think Lakers, Rockets, Cavs, Jazz, Spurs, and Hornets have the ability to beat them, but I would bet on the Celtics each time

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Almost every game in the NBA "could have gone the other way". What are you trying to prove?

I'm just trying to prove that your "The Lakers lost the series pretty soundly" phrase is untrue. It wasn't soundly. That is all I was trying to prove. Go back and read my first response to your post. You were responding to a guy who said that a few big plays here and a few calls there would have changed the series and I feel that that is pretty true. Meanwhile, you didn't. That is what I am trying to prove. The Lakers DIDN'T get it done. But they were CLOSE to getting it done. And I feel you need to give them some credit for that.

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Boston won't make it out the east this year. I'm thinking Cleveland or Miami can take them out. Especially cleveland....I mean they almost beat them last season before Mo Williams. Boston will be a year older and losing Posey will really hurt them.........

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm just trying to prove that your "The Lakers lost the series pretty soundly" phrase is untrue. It wasn't soundly. That is all I was trying to prove. Go back and read my first response to your post. You were responding to a guy who said that a few big plays here and a few calls there would have changed the series and I feel that that is pretty true. Meanwhile, you didn't. That is what I am trying to prove. The Lakers DIDN'T get it done. But they were CLOSE to getting it done. And I feel you need to give them some credit for that.

The Lakers are a good team, but unless you only lose 4-3 you didn't "come close" to winning the series. If the Lakers only lost 4-3 and were in every game they lost until the bitter end then I'd obviously give them consideration.

I'm not saying the Lakers are awful or anything, just saying they were pretty unimpressive in the Finals, at least to me.

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 01:16 PM

lmao.....oh yes a team that almost lost to a below .500 team in the 1st round is definitely the best ever.....................

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Yeah, winning by five points at home is really roasting :rolleyes:. Without all the desperation fouls at the end it would have been a two-point game. Best team ever assembled my ***.

thank u for setting this kid straight......

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 01:21 PM

I think the Packers,Bears,Niners,Cowboys, Giants and Steelers would have something to say about that

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
The Lakers are a good team, but unless you only lose 4-3 you didn't "come close" to winning the series. If the Lakers only lost 4-3 and were in every game they lost until the bitter end then I'd obviously give them consideration.

I'm not saying the Lakers are awful or anything, just saying they were pretty unimpressive in the Finals, at least to me.

Like I said, there's more to a SERIES than the final tally. Yes, 4-2 alone is NOT close. But FIVE of those games could've went either way. Meaning they were in those games. Meaning the series outcome could've been a lot different. I don't know why you can't understand this.

The Lakers lost 4-2 and were in every game they lost until the bitter end (save game6) so then you need to give them consideration.

Jahari Kavi
10-13-2008, 01:26 PM
i see mfudges point....Boston was the better team all around, but the first 5 games were pretty evenly matched for the most part..................

NYMetros
10-13-2008, 01:30 PM
The LA/Bos series wasn't even that close. It very easily could been 4-1 instead of 4-2 if the refs didn't blow that call at the end of a game where Kobe fouled Pierce in order to steal the ball from him, and thus getting a break away dunk to basically end it (not that it really matters, just wanted to point that out). And on top of that, game 6 was over after the 1st two quarters. Boston was far and away the better team.

Faneik
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I ain't denying nothing. The C's were the better team. They made the plays when they mattered, where the Lakers couldn't get it done. But you all think it was a major landslide. The only game that was a landslide was the 6th one. The other 5 could've gone either way. Did they go either way? NO. I NEVER said they did. But they could HAVE. Seriously, if you can't SEE that they could've went either way... you are blind! That is all I'm saying. It WAS a lot closer than you are making it out to be, save the blowout game6.

Finally!

I never said the Finals were a cake-walk.

But it was pretty ridiculous to me, when you posted that if the Lakers had some calls or made some plays they could have won 4-1.

EDIT: Don't you understand the 'What If..." arguments are useless at this point? It's done. We won, you lost. You can go at it again this year. Embrace that.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:37 PM
The LA/Bos series wasn't even that close. It very easily could been 4-1 instead of 4-2 if the refs didn't blow that call at the end of a game where Kobe fouled Pierce in order to steal the ball from him, and thus getting a break away dunk to basically end it (not that it really matters, just wanted to point that out). And on top of that, game 6 was over after the 1st two quarters. Boston was far and away the better team.

If you want to really get technical.
Game1, the Lakers were on their way to a victory until Pierce faked his injury and led an inspirational comeback. Series could've been 1-0 Lakers if Pierce didn't have an Oscar worthy performance.
Game2, the Lakers cut Boston's 24pt lead to 2 with 38.4secs left. A big play here or there could've won it for the Lakers. Series could've been 2-0 Lakers if they had delivered.
Game3, the Lakers DID win. Series could've been 3-0 Lakers if the first two went their way.
Game4, the Lakers blew a tremendous lead. Had they managed to hold onto any shred of that lead at the final buzzer series could've been 4-0 sweep of Boston.
Game5, the Lakers DID win. If any one scenario failed to happen, the Lakers couldve still won 4-1 here.

Do you catch my drift? NONE of those scenarios DID happen, of course. But they could have. A big play here or there or a call here or there could've DEFINITELY changed the face of the series. Being one BIG play away from winning tells me a team was CLOSE. That is ALL that I am saying. It WAS CLOSE. Moreso than any of you want to admit.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Finally!

I never said the Finals were a cake-walk.

But it was pretty ridiculous to me, when you posted that if the Lakers had some calls or made some plays they could have won 4-1.

EDIT: Don't you understand the 'What If..." arguments are useless at this point? It's done. We won, you lost. You can go at it again this year. Embrace that.

Bro, I was responding to a cat who DID say that the Finals were a cakewalk. Then your homerass had to jump in. Understand the argument first before you jump on someone *** for something. :rolleyes:

still1ballin
10-13-2008, 01:39 PM
OKC thunder:D

NYMetros
10-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Game1, the Lakers were on their way to a victory until Pierce faked his injury and led an inspirational comeback. Series could've been 1-0 Lakers if Pierce didn't have an Oscar worthy performance.
Game2, the Lakers cut Boston's 24pt lead to 2 with 38.4secs left. A big play here of there could've won it for the Lakers. Series could've been 2-0 Lakers if they had delivered.
Game3, the Lakers DID win. Series could've been 3-0 Lakers if the first two went their way.
Game4, the Lakers blew a tremendous lead. Had they managed to hold onto any shred of that lead at the final buzzer series could've been 4-0 sweep of Boston.
Game5, the Lakers DID win. If any one scenario failed to happen, the Lakers couldve still won 4-1 here.

Do you catch my drift? NONE of those scenarios DID happen, of course. But they could have. A big play here or there or a call here or there could've DEFINITELY changed the face of the series. Being one BIG play away from winning tells me a team was CLOSE. That is ALL that I am saying. It WAS CLOSE. Moreso than any of you want to admit.

What you just said has nothing to do with what I said. What you're basically saying is the Lakers could have won the series if they played better. Well no kidding. I said that Boston could have won an extra game if the refs didn't blow a crucial play at the end.

The series was far from close.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
What you just said has nothing to do with what I said. What you're basically saying is the Lakers could have won the series if they played better. Well no kidding. I said that Boston could have won an extra game if the refs didn't blow a crucial play at the end.

The series was DEFINITELY CLOSE. You can't see it? That's fine. What I am saying is that the Lakers could have won if they played better. What does that tell you? They weren't entirely out of the series. If you could tell me that the Lakers had no chance of winning, then I'd say.. "Ok, the series wasn't close".

MTar786
10-13-2008, 01:46 PM

ummm.. ur wrong.. it was close.. learn to not be biased. well, either way.. boston is the 2008 nba champs n i hand it to them.. but the lakers short handed n remaining close tells me the celts wont be too comfortable when they think LA this year

Faneik
10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Game2, the Lakers cut Boston's 24pt lead to 2 with 38.4secs left. A big play here or there could've won it for the Lakers. Series could've been 2-0 Lakers if they had delivered.

Could've...

If...

Had they...

All lyrics from that song "The Losers - What If" :violin:

CELTICS4LYFE
10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
ummm.. ur wrong.. it was close.. learn to not be biased. well, either way.. boston is the 2008 nba champs n i hand it to them.. but the lakers short handed n remaining close tells me the celts wont be too comfortable when they think LA this year

umm i dont think it was close either....we blew them out in games, n even when we were down big we came back(in la) twice once to win an once jus short

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Could've...

If...

Had they...

All lyrics from that song "The Losers - What If" :violion:

No doubt. Did I NOT say that none of that happened? But it just illustrates how close it REALLY was. Catch the drift?

NYMetros
10-13-2008, 01:50 PM

Well, I don't get how I am being bias when you are the Lakers fan and I am a Pistons fan (not a Boston fan). It's not really like it matters how much the Lakers lost by anyway, they definitely were overmatched though and Boston played much better basketball throughout that series.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
umm i dont think it was close either....we blew them out in games, n even when we were down big we came back(in la) twice once to win an once jus short

which gameS did you blow them out in? Game6? any others? yea. You have selective memory. I already explained why it was close until Game6 and I'm not gonna say it again to someone joining the discussion late. Go back and read it if you want. the first FIVE games were close and you can NOT deny that.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Well, I don't get how I am being bias when you are the Lakers fan and I am a Pistons fan. It's not really like it matters how much the Lakers lost by, they definitely were overmatched though and Boston played much better basketball throughout that series.

You're not queued in to the original argument either. Some cat said that the Lakers lost "soundly". And I'm arguing against that. I didn't say the Lakers were the better team or that they weren't "overmatched". They were. They lost. They had to be if they lost. But it wasn't as easy as you all think it was. Ask Pierce or KG or Ray if it was truly easy. If it was a cakewalk. If they beat the Lakers soundly. They'll tell you, in all honesty, that it was a hardfought series up until game6.

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:55 PM
The fact that we can even debate this tells you how close the series was. No one can tell me the Lakers didn't have a chance in hell in any of the first 5 games. That says that the games were close. That says the series was close, regardless of the final tally.

MTar786
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
iduno why all of my fellow laker supporters are whining so much.. honestly save us some dignity guys. the celts showed up in the finals. we didnt.. the series was still close in my opinion. the lakers choked BIG with the two games they had massive leads. lucky we won one of those games with a huge lead. the lakers lost in the finals.. what we need to do is wait for LA to prove what we're saying is true this year. get bak to the finals HOPE the celts are there too and then make all the haters eat their words.. its as simple as that. but dont go whining

m26555
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
The Cavaliers? Come on..they were EXTREMELY lucky to last as long as they did in that series last year..

Faneik
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
which gameS did you blow them out in? Game6? any others? yea. You have selective memory. I already explained why it was close until Game6 and I'm not gonna say it again to someone joining the discussion late. Go back and read it if you want. the first FIVE games were close and you can NOT deny that.

Ok. I'm going to use your argument against you.

If only, had they managed a few plays, or the refs gave us some calls in the end of games, we could've have swept you.

I mean, except for game 6, the games were close. So it could happen, lol.

Looks ridiculous, doesn't it?

mfudge
10-13-2008, 01:59 PM
iduno why all of my fellow laker supporters are whining so much.. honestly save us some dignity guys. the celts showed up in the finals. we didnt.. the series was still close in my opinion. the lakers choked BIG with the two games they had massive leads. lucky we won one of those games with a huge lead. the lakers lost in the finals.. what we need to do is wait for LA to prove what we're saying is true this year. get bak to the finals HOPE the celts are there too and then make all the haters eat their words.. its as simple as that. but dont go whining

Who's whining? Nobody.

Nighthawk
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
ALL YOU people thinking we'll lose a series because POSEY left are ********....Im not saying we wont lose. But if we do it wont be because of Posey. Tony Allen will be just fine in Posey's role.

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
oh n to back mfudge up.. it really doesnt matter the final tally.. heres an example.. if the spurs beat houston 4-0 but they won every game by either a buzzer beater or by 1 or 2 points then that would mean the series was close

mfudge
10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Ok. I'm going to use your argument against you.

If only, had they managed a few plays, or the refs gave us some calls in the end of games, we could've have swept you.

I mean, except for game 6, the games were close. So it could happen, lol.

Looks ridiculous, doesn't it?

Not really. I'll give you that. It could've been a sweep either way. It ain't ridiculous. LOL. Nice try though. :rolleyes:

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:02 PM
ALL YOU people thinking we'll lose a series because POSEY left are ********....Im not saying we wont lose. But if we do it wont be because of Posey. Tony Allen will be just fine in Posey's role.

no one tnks ul lose cuz of posey.. no one cares if u still have him or not.. we're talking about bynum being back and ariza being healthy.. thats the major dif.. the lakers are a different and deeper team

m26555
10-13-2008, 02:03 PM
no one tnks ul lose cuz of posey.. no one cares if u still have him or not.. we're talking about bynum being back and ariza being healthy.. thats the major dif.. the lakers are a different and deeper team
lol...If you somehow managed to get back to the Finals and beat Boston, I can pretty much assure you that Trevor Ariza wouldn't be the reason. Not saying he isn't a nice player...but he isn't that much of a difference maker.

iluvsports2much
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Could've...

If...

Had they...

All lyrics from that song "The Losers - What If" :violin:

:laugh: im a lakers fan and i say celts won da championship,they the champs,theres nothing else to say..both teams could of made big plays or whateva but da celtics made more plays down da stretch...i tip my hat to them....im gonna leave wit a lakers 09 champs!!!! lol i hope

Nighthawk
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Boston won't make it out the east this year. I'm thinking Cleveland or Miami can take them out. Especially cleveland....I mean they almost beat them last season before Mo Williams. Boston will be a year older and losing Posey will really hurt them.........

a year older???? They were playing ball like 6 months ago man. The Big three wont have canes and walkers to get around. They wont be hags....EVERYONE STOP WITH THIS THE BIG THREE IS A YEAR OLDER CRAP... The Big three will be just as good this year as last...NO DROP OFF....PLUS Rondo will only get better...LAKER fans know this... Perk will only gett better. There both in there early 20's. Tony Allen will fill in fine for Posey and so will Miles. You think MO Williams is the Cavs answer??? c'mon..Miami??? They have no big man or PG

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM

which gameS were we blown out in? game 6 is one game.. not games.. learn to count son

BoltLakerPadre
10-13-2008, 02:05 PM

I agree with this whole list (especially the Lakers, obviously). The Hornets and the Pistons I have the least faith in, but with a good series could still do it.

I really don't think Boston's the team to beat, at least not before you take into account the brutal schedule that teams in the west have to go through to get into the finals. Although it did take Boston 14 games to get into the ECF.

m26555
10-13-2008, 02:06 PM
which gameS were we blown out in? game 6 is one game.. not games.. learn to count son
They DOMINATED you guys in game two...they were up by 20 the entire second half until they got complacent and you guys made your little run..

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
lol...If you somehow managed to get back to the Finals and beat Boston, I can pretty much assure you that Trevor Ariza wouldn't be the reason. Not saying he isn't a nice player...but he isn't that much of a difference maker.

wow..let me try to simplify it for u. bynum is the difference. ariza is the extra depth.. ur a smart guy i must say

m26555
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
wow..let me try to simplify it for u. bynum is the difference. ariza is the extra depth.. ur a smart guy i must say
Coming from someone who types with words such as "u" and "ur." I realize Bynum would be the main difference, but you shouldn't even be MENTIONING Ariza as a reason as to why you might beat Boston..

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:09 PM
They DOMINATED you guys in game two...they were up by 20 the entire second half until they got complacent and you guys made your little run..

well if ur calling that game a blow out we could easily call our game we won by a couple points a blow out cuz we were up by like 20 by the end of the 1st i think. so news flash guys. LA BLEW OUT BOSTON ONCE IN THE FINALS! come on stop being biased. im not taking anything away from boston they won.. but stop trying to bash or make excuses. im being honest.. u should learn the same

m26555
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
well if ur calling that game a blow out we could easily call our game we won by a couple points a blow out cuz we were up by like 20 by the end of the 1st i think. so news flash guys. LA BLEW OUT BOSTON ONCE IN THE FINALS! come on stop being biased. im not taking anything away from boston they won.. but stop trying to bash or make excuses. im being honest.. u should learn the same
Biased? How can I be biased when I'm not a fan of either team?

mfudge
10-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Coming from someone who types with words such as "u" and "ur." I realize Bynum would be the main difference, but you shouldn't even be MENTIONING Ariza as a reason as to why you might beat Boston..

Just like no one thought you'd be mentioning Powe and Posey as reasons why Boston beat the Lakers, right? :rolleyes:

m26555
10-13-2008, 02:12 PM
Just like no one thought you'd be mentioning Powe and Posey as reasons why Boston beat the Lakers, right? :rolleyes:
Um...when did I EVER mention those guys?

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM

dude you gotta let go of your idea that people think ariza will make THE dif. but he will make A dif.. but his main attribute is the depth he's gonna bring us. do you know what attribute means? or should i give a definition. PS i didnt type 'u' this time.. i typed you. dont wanna confuse you

mfudge
10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Um...when did I EVER mention those guys?

Smart guy. YOU didn't. Because you think only the stars win you games. But anyone who knows anything about basketball knows that role players play a HUGE role as well. Anyone who watched the series KNOWS the impact those two players had for Boston. They WERE difference makers. It's not just about the stars. In the same light, Ariza isn't a star, but he's a solid role player who has potential to make a difference like Powe and Posey.

Learn the game, bro.

cmstophe
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
The Cavaliers? Come on..they were EXTREMELY lucky to last as long as they did in that series last year..

Uh, how were they lucky? Looking at that series, the lucky ones looked like the CELTICS who just eeked past the Cavaliers.

MTar786
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
m26555 is a smart guy huh? lol

Hawkeye15
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Cleveland, Utah, Houston, New Orleans, and LA. I can't see anyone else with the potential to beat them. Possbily SA

rhino17
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Rockets, Lakers, maybe Spurs

in the east, the only team with a shot is Cleveland

Nighthawk
10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
no-one can beat this team....IN A SERIES.....Boston REPEATS

kobynum2417
10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
probably the most logical answer is gonna be the los angeles lakers. anybody disagrees? take it up with me

cmellofan15
10-13-2008, 07:59 PM
probably the most logical answer is gonna be the los angeles lakers. anybody disagrees? take it up with me

I strongly disagree every team they played in the East had a better chance than them last year...:eyebrow:

CrowninMe
10-13-2008, 08:11 PM
The Lakers WITH Bynum will able to handle the aging celtics this year. Or atleast make a series out of it.

dre1990
10-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Pistons, Utah, LA, Maybe San Antonio

kobe24>jordan23
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
lakers fo sho

tru
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM

but do keep in mind that BYNUM wasnt playing and you'd be lying to say he isn't a factor you have you consider

Sox Appeal
10-13-2008, 09:43 PM
but do keep in mind that BYNUM wasnt playing and you'd be lying to say he isn't a factor you have you consider

That's one of the most overlooked things of that series. Bynum was a STUD last season before he went down with the knee injury. But even after saying that, I honestly don't think him playing would have been enough to swing the series in the Lakers favor. Perkins was one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and I think he would have been able to turn Bynum into a non factor. (Or close to it)

ugafan
10-13-2008, 10:15 PM
The Hawks. :)

JordansBulls
10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
The Hawks. :)

You gotta be kidding me?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-13-2008, 11:35 PM
I have the key

****!!!!

That would defeat the Celtics.

Naked woman behind the basket when they had to shoot Ft!!!

CELTICS4LYFE
10-14-2008, 10:12 AM

lol ok so u can calm ur lil butt down....a close game is a game that is close the whole time not down big an coming back...n no team that expects to win a ring should b blown out by forty, the lakers r good no duh but no match for the celtics

Wilson
10-14-2008, 11:23 AM

It is, but it should also be remembered that we went on our run and made it to the finals without Bynum. We can't use his absense as an excuse for losing to the Celtics.

That's one of the most overlooked things of that series. Bynum was a STUD last season before he went down with the knee injury. But even after saying that, I honestly don't think him playing would have been enough to swing the series in the Lakers favor. Perkins was one of the best defensive centers in the NBA, and I think he would have been able to turn Bynum into a non factor. (Or close to it)

He may have really limited Bynum's offense, but on the defensive side is where I think people missed Bynum, he would have taken some of those easy lay-ups away. Again though, we got there without Bynum, so we can't say his absence was the only reason we lost.

JayW_1023
10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
I think Utah, NO, San Antonio, Detroit, Houston and LA Lakers all have a pretty good shot.

The Sixers, Mavs, Suns, Raptors, Magic and Cavs will be dangerous outsiders.

Tom Stone
10-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Alot of people are sleeping on the Raps....I like they way we match up to them.....

JPHX
10-14-2008, 06:17 PM
bakersfield jam. :p

philtheimpaler
10-14-2008, 06:24 PM
I know reg season hasn't started yet, so no one knows exactly how Elton Brand is gonna fit in exactly, but I think Philly could take em in a 7 game series.