PDA

View Full Version : Tony Gonzalez?

MiamiHeatMafia
10-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I heard from ESPNNEWS that Tony Gonzalez has asked to be traded. Do you see New England making a run at him since were a little weak at the TE position.

:eyebrow:

randyisgoinsolo
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
I heard from ESPNNEWS that Tony Gonzalez has asked to be traded. Do you see New England making a run at him since were a little weak at the TE position.

:eyebrow:
no they dont need a TE they need a Running back somebody like larry johnson cuz i heard on yahoo sports he could be a good fit with the patriots

Vthockeydad
10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Dave THomas has been hurt some recently but I wonder what it would take for the Pats to get him. He must be 36 years old and I cannot see the Pats giving up draft choices for a guy his age

Bean
10-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't think the Patriots are going to get either of them, but I'd rather have Gonzalez over LJ. We're not going to keep 6 backs on the roster and the Patriots won't cut any of the 5 this season. Gonzales could help out Cassel and take some of the pressure off of Moss, but the Chiefs' asking price will be too high for the Patriots. I'm not opposed to the idea of trading for him, but I don't think it'll happen.

Edit for the guy above me - Gonzalez is 32. Not too old, but definately exiting his prime. Just thought of something... Tony would also be nice to have for Brady when he returns next season and he seems like a "Belichick" kind of guy. I think I've talked myself into believing this is a good idea. If we can get the Randy Moss deal, I say go for it.

The Intimidator
10-11-2008, 08:42 PM
The Patriots offense doesn't really utilize the tight end position when it comes to receiving. Plus, Gonzalez has lost a step or two and makes too much money for my liking. Those factors lead me to say no. And, to whoever suggested Larry Johnson, the Pats aren't going to make a trade for a RB when they already have four on the roster. And, before you suggest that they cut one of those RB's, don't even think about that. Maroney will not be released, and neither will Jordan, Morris, or Faulk.

kobynum2417
10-12-2008, 02:40 AM
mabe

celticfan
10-12-2008, 11:46 AM
No I dont think so.