PDA

View Full Version : Missing Piece?

The Magic Man
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
The orlando magic have all the pieces to compete for a championship except one thing, a mean tough guy who can play defense, so I was watched the 2 preseason games and I was impressed with all of our starters except for turkoglu, he hasn't picked up from where he left all last year and he doesn't look in shape he has no kind of defense and that's the problem we have to solv'e. So I was thinking of a guy who could come in and change the attitude and intensity to the team and he would also be the perfect compliment to Dwight.

Magic trade turkoglu and bogans to the nuggets for kenyon martin and stephen hunter.
Lineup
pg:nelson
sg:pietrus
sf:lewis
pf:K-Mart
c:Superman

JNore151
10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
nah man..kmart is on the downside plus kmat has a HUGE contract that lasts for another 3 years...if he had a cheaper contract and without givin up turk maybe for bogans and a 2nd round..we could use his toughness inside..

macc
10-10-2008, 05:05 PM
I agree I wouldn't bring in Kmart anyways because he's not that good. I understand the point about his attitude though. But there are tougher guys out there. My ideal tough guy would be Juwan Howard.......ok I'm kididng. Actually I prob hate that guy more than any other basketball player of all time. I would prob trade Turk right now while he's worth somthing. I like him on my team and his aggressiveness but if we don't make a move he could easily walk next summer for nothing.

*Superman*
10-10-2008, 11:07 PM
More reasonable would be Turk for Lamar Odom.

jellywuoo
10-11-2008, 06:06 AM
Turk for Artest.
Artest is the one.

_Supreme_
10-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I'd say the missing piece for Orlando is point guard who sets up the team's main weapons the way Steve Nash does in Phoenix.

Preferably a bigger point guard who passes first, plays good defense, and who doesn't have to score a lot.

Lundbelievable
10-12-2008, 06:33 AM
I'd say the missing piece for Orlando is point guard who sets up the team's main weapons the way Steve Nash does in Phoenix.

Preferably a bigger point guard who passes first, plays good defense, and who doesn't have to score a lot.

You basically just described the anti-Jameer Nelson.. I think I'm gonna name this fictional person Nelson Jameer since they appear to be polar opposites ;)

Famous03
10-12-2008, 12:28 PM
More reasonable would be Turk for Lamar Odom.

Yeah Odom could very well put you guys over the top.

C Howard
Pf Odom
Sf Lewis
Sg pietrus
Pg Nelson

-----------------------------------------
I just think Nelson needs to become more aggressive, now that he has all these shoters, like drive in and kick it out or just dump it to Howard. Trust me if nelson does that you people are sure lock to be in at least in the ECF.

Campy
10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Honestly, you may have to wait til the deadline to get the best deal. I would just like to see the Magic get Fran Vasquez on the roster to add some much needed big man depth.

Lundbelievable
10-13-2008, 05:16 AM
Honestly, you may have to wait til the deadline to get the best deal. I would just like to see the Magic get Fran Vasquez on the roster to add some much needed big man depth.

Ha! hahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahahahaha!!!!! !!!! Good one!!!

He's as good as gone

mightymouse407
10-14-2008, 10:51 AM

i kinda agree that we should wait until the trade deadline because if we start off strong we cant trade turk for just anyone. Fran Vasquez is a joke he talks about wanting to come play but cant get out of his contract good time to decide to come play with us huh? I honestly dont want to see turk go because hes clutch hes the player we look to when were down with 10sec left down by 2 if we lose him this yr who are we gonna look to lewis hes the only guy i know that can mess up a wet dream he hits shot but is the furthest thing from clutch 1 game winner last yr that he was so nervous taking that when he shot it he banked it in. i think we should move JJ,bogans,and battie 2 clear up cap space for turk im hoping we can work something out with him but we do have otis smith so that probably wont happen

cheech309
10-17-2008, 12:00 PM

Uhm ya...we definatley passed up on danny granger, monte ellis, and louis williams to take vasquez. wat a wasted pick. sure he has upside but upside dont do anything for us if he is an entire ocean away from orlando. we will never see fran in an orlando uni..

Zefflin
10-17-2008, 12:29 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=45~862~617&teams=13~13~19&te=&cash=

As a LA fan...I'd do it.

rapjuicer06
thats why you dont draft overseas players i guess

rapjuicer06
we need tony battie so no