PDA

View Full Version : I got a question for you guys as NBA Fans...

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:21 AM
...If you had the chance would you take Alando Tucker? This dude is so underrated, and he never got a shot to prove himself because of Mike D. He seems like he can be allstar easily if given the opportunity. Here are his D-League stats from last year. I know its the D-League but he shows some serious potential.

Year: 2007-2008
TM: ABQ
GS:21 MP:18 FG%:.531 3PT%: .398 ORB:2.9 DRB:3.0 TRB:6.0 AST: 1.6 STL: 1.4 PF: 1.4 PTS: 27.7

First two preseason games of this year:
10/8 ATL MIN:24 FGM-A: 6-12 OREB: 2 DREB: 0 TREB: 2 AST:1 PTS: 14
10/9 UTH MIN:23 FGM-A:7-10 OREB: 2 DREB: 4 TREB: 6 AST:1 PTS: 21

He has shown to have some serious Potential. What do you guys think?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:26 AM
EVERY player in the league if allowed to play 40 minutes a game and have 18-19 touches could become an allstar.

But for some reason coaches allow some players to do so and others they dont.

Are you hearing me mr Ball hog Gay?????

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
EVERY player in the league if allowed to play 40 minutes a game and have 18-19 touches could become an allstar.

But for some reason coaches allow some players to do so and others they dont.

Are you hearing me mr Ball hog Gay?????

Excuse me??? Mr Ball hog gay? What the hell was that for? All I wanted to ask for was opinions, and then you go and insult me. WTF was that for?

This forum isnt called "lets bash on the guy who created the thread." Give me a damn break!

amare#1
10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Yeah I'd take him any day haha. Good Phoenix reppin Imortal! And SAVAGE CLAW that was uncalled for.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Yeah I'd take him any day haha. Good Phoenix reppin Imortal!

For sure! I love Alando Tucker, he never got his chance to shine because of the fact that Mike D only played 7 deep in his rotation.

pd7631
10-10-2008, 01:32 AM
It depends on who i'd have to give up, if I could just have him, then yes I would take him

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:33 AM
It depends on who i'd have to give up, if I could just have him, then yes I would take him

You would not have to give him up, I am just saying if he was a free agent would you take a chance on him, basically that is all.

Halladay
10-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Yeah, the stats look good. I'd take em but the problem I see with alot of players is that although the numbers looks good, they don't always tell the whole story. There's so many players in this league who rot on the bench but when given a chance, can blossom into very good players and everyone acts surprised. There's only 5 players on the court at a time and there's only one ball. If your a player who sits on the bech most of the time chances are when you do come in a play, your playing against other bench players which can inflate your stats.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah, the stats look good. I'd take em but the problem I see with alot of players is that although the numbers looks good, they don't always tell the whole story. There's so many players in this league who rot on the bench but when given a chance, can blossom into very good players and everyone acts surprised. There's only 5 players on the court at a time and there's only one ball. If your a player who sits on the bech most of the time chances are when you do come in a play, your playing against other bench players which can inflate your stats.

I catch your drift man. I just believe that he is gonna be a very special player, and with Barbosa being in Brazil with his sick mother, Tucker will step up and show teams how good he can really be IMO.

ARMIN12NBA
10-10-2008, 01:43 AM
Excuse me??? Mr Ball hog gay? What the hell was that for? All I wanted to ask for was opinions, and then you go and insult me. WTF was that for?

This forum isnt called "lets bash on the guy who created the thread." Give me a damn break!

I think he was referring to Rudy Gay of the Memphis Grizzlies considering his favorite player is Pau and Pau got less touches because of Rudy Gay...And not referring to you. I could be wrong, but that was how I first interpreted it.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Im refering to Rudy Gay.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:44 AM
I think he was referring to Rudy Gay of the Memphis Grizzlies considering his favorite player is Pau and Pau got less touches because of Rudy Gay...And not referring to you. I could be wrong, but that was how I first interpreted it.

haha okay I would understand that. But I took it as an insult. If its not an insult at me then I apologize Savage Claw.

Rome
10-10-2008, 01:46 AM
No offense but I think Savage was using Rudy Gay as an example??? Idk being a Suns fan I love Alando I would take him on my team and see what he could do. I'm glad we have him.

I agree though a lot of players could score given the minutes. Its about consistency and I truly believe he could average 13 points a game and more next year if he were to get the starting job.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:47 AM
And not because of Pau, Pau was robbed touches in Memphis form the beginging, first Dickerson, Then battier, then Jay williams, them Miller ... they never gave him the real Lead of the team.

But Gay is Specially Anoying and Pau is no longer on the team, way overated and all because of ball hogging.

If Tucker had the same touches he has we would be looking at an allstar.

The player i would love to see with a real chance to start woudl be Hassan Adams anyway.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:49 AM
And not because of Pau, Pau was robbed touches in Memphis form the beginging, first Dickerson, Then battier, then Jay williams, them Miller ... they never gave him the real Lead of the team.

But Gay is Specially Anoying and Pau is no longer on the team, way overated and all because of ball hogging.

The player i would love to see with a real chance to start woudl be Hassan Adams anyway.

Alright man I understand what you mean now, and I apologize for that post, and I love Hassan Adams too. He does deserve a real chance.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:49 AM
No offense but I think Savage was using Rudy Gay as an example??? Idk being a Suns fan I love Alando I would take him on my team and see what he could do. I'm glad we have him.

I agree though a lot of players could score given the minutes. Its about consistency and I truly believe he could average 13 points a game and more next year if he were to get the starting job.

Very nice way to put it Rome.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:50 AM
Anyway im still pissed they traded Love for Mayo .

Come on, picture it free throw, on the left said waiting for the rebound GAY-LOVE!!!

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:51 AM
I hope Adams will be able to get his chance this year, i mean Parker and Kapono? that can be overcome :)

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Im refering to Rudy Gay.

Alright sorry bro I did not know that.

theimortalone
10-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Anyway im still pissed they traded Love for Mayo .

Come on, picture it free throw, on the left said waiting for the rebound GAY-LOVE!!!

I know I cant believe that Mayo was traded on draft night.

Sox Appeal
10-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm not sure if I would take a chance on Alando Tucker. I remember watching him in college, and you could tell he wasn't the type of player who would transfer well to the NBA. He's 6/6 and weighs somewhere around 200 LBS, but he plays Power Forward. And that means he would be extremely undersized.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-10-2008, 01:55 AM
Gay-Love jokes appart it didnt make any sense, They had two promising PG in Conley and Lowry then A very good shooter in Miller for the 2 spot, Gay.... i dont like it but well he can be more then serviciable at Sf then Love a good prospect on the 4 and Marc Gasol a very good and ready to go player for the 5 Perfect Line up to compete in 2 years.

But they go and trade for a two that NEEDs the BALL as much as Gay ( trouble coming) and they leave the 4 spot Vacant ( Walker? Warricj? come on!!!!).

I cant understand it....

Rome
10-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Hassan is sick. Arizona product I really hope he gets a chance too.

Tuck added 15 pounds of muscle this off season, so his size won't be a problem. He can score, his jumper is getin better, and he can grab boards. He can be a good player in this league for years and years.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-10-2008, 02:26 AM
I was at tha game tonight (jazz-suns) and Tucker is a solid player... I don't thnk he's all-star material just yet. another guy who opened my eyes was a guy by tha name of Robert Hite.but, i'm sure alot of people oustide of PHX don't know who he is.

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 02:28 AM
mayo

Rome
10-10-2008, 02:35 AM
Hite is pretty solid himself. He actually has a chance of making the team IMO. Can't wait for the season.

DerekRE_3
10-10-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm not sure if I would take a chance on Alando Tucker. I remember watching him in college, and you could tell he wasn't the type of player who would transfer well to the NBA. He's 6/6 and weighs somewhere around 200 LBS, but he plays Power Forward. And that means he would be extremely undersized.

I think you are thinking of PJ Tucker. He's like 6'5 maybe 6'6 but played PF at Texas.

Big Quett
10-10-2008, 02:39 AM

Ok how did we get to on Rudy in this discussion. Dude r u serious? They gave him every opportunity to be the man and every time he failed. First off Pau was drafted in 2001 and Dickerson only played in 10 games from 01-03 and retired.

2nd battier career average is 8 attempts a game. and he only averaged more than 10 points a game once in 7 years so how did he take anything away from pau

J Will i agree with that one

And as far as miller he was a dead eye shooter i think he should have got more shots he is a career 40% 3 point shooter

JR-FIGHTER
10-10-2008, 03:00 AM
i think you are thinking of pj tucker. He's like 6'5 maybe 6'6 but played pf at texas.

pj tucker is that you on psd!